356 E 51st St
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deuxamisnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122301117
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Deux Amis
Deux Amis in midtown Manhattan offers French cuisine in an intimate setting with indoor and outdoor seating as well as a full bar. Deux Amis is French for "two friends' and is what we aspire to become when you dine with us. Our name conveys the friendly service and the quaint dining experience our customers have come to love. We welcome you to join us any time you need a friendly and fun dining experience in New York City. Bon appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deux Amis reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)special occasion (8)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Paris in Manhattan!AHRESQVIPDined on 10/18/2014This tiny little bistro is a hidden gem on a quiet street in the East 50s. The food was delicious, the prices reasonable and the atmosphere and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little French gem in new yorkDavidDined on 10/17/2014Four of us had a great meal here and could not fault the food, the service or the wine. The restaurant has a very French feel about it and for one moment we thought we were back in France, having just left there to come to New York. Also well priced especially the house wine.Special Features:
- Mid-town EastmidtownVIPDined on 9/25/2014spot for some better than average quasi French/Mediterranean. Try the couscous available in many varietiesSpecial Features:
- OutstandingGroup12VIPDined on 9/22/2014I was looking for a good neighborhood type French restaurant and found this one had good reviews on Opentable. It was more than good and this was validated by the fact that Emeril Lagasse showed up and sat at a table near us for dinner also! Didn't expect that.Special Features:
- MumaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic dining experience. Delicious food with friendly service. It was fun and felt welcome by everyone. It is very easy to smile and laugh at this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingToe1Dined on 9/16/2014Great neighborhood place. Food excellent. Prices greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet brunch spot!SilliKDined on 9/13/2014Met a friend here for a Saturday noon brunch and the restaurant had just opened. An hour later, the restaurant was mostly full with an older (65+) crowd. Great quality food, small portions. Drink prices are a bit steep and they don't have Bellinis. But overall a good place to actually relax with a Manhattan brunch.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceBusinessTraveller50VIPDined on 9/12/2014The kitchen produces great food, but "rare" and "medium" can be over cooked in the duck and the steaks. Cheerfully rectified. Fish dishes excellent. Great experience and very reasonably priced for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC FavoriteBENandGCNVIPDined on 9/3/2014My favorite neighbohood restaurant. It is like visting family. The food is always good and the staff are professional but also very, very nice people. Love it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/6/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Deux Amis. Bucky, the owner, is always so welcoming that you truly feel you have made his day just by showing up. Then the service, food and good wine list enhance the experience. We have been going here for years.Special Features:
- Love that Endive saladOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014This place is always first class. The escargots and endive salad were spectacular. The veal risotto was first class.Special Features:
- AmbienceOaklandFoodie14Dined on 7/4/2014Decor makes you feel like you are in Paris. The outside dining is very nice at night, and the inside has a romantic feel to it. Food was so-so. My wife ordered the monk fish, and it was tough and chewy. We had to send it back. I ordered the steak Poivre, and that was good. Great place for a nice date night. Place is too quiet and small for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, wine and serviceFoodie4LifeDined on 6/25/2014Try this east side gem and enjoy great flavors, service and ambiance at a great price. Ask for Bucky he will ensure that you are delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Deux Amis reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/24/2014The owner only greeted and spoke to those people he knew or were regulars. When sitting there and viewing this, and he speaks to everyone around your table, and not you, it is very hard to imagine returning to this restaurant and becoming a regular!!!Special Features:
- First TimeRonniVIPDined on 6/13/2014Very generous portions and well presented. I had TWO escargot in each hole! Monkfish was delicious. Vegetables were very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, casual French restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/11/2014Always welcoming service. Very good food and good value wine list. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Great little French bistro away from all of the NYC activity. Loved dining with the neighborhood locals. Food and service were excellent and would highly recommend this on your next trip to the City.Special Features:
- Delicious!haiclef45Dined on 6/4/2014This hidden gem is on the eastern edge of Sutton Place/Midtown East. I've walked past this restaurant several times, and loved the way the scent of the food smelled. The outdoor dining is very cozy and romantic. The food was a great value and super delicious. Since the restaurant is on 1st Ave, I feel like there is not much foot traffic, but it's definitely a quality restaurant with some great traditional French cuisine and a great seasonal menu. Highly recommended for a nice, romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!AngieQVIPDined on 6/1/2014The mirrors in the restaurant create an optical illusion from the outside and make the restaurant look smaller. However there is a welcoming surprise once you discover that there is more seating. The service was excellent, delicious food, but my omelet was much smaller than the ordinary brunch portion. Overall, I gave a five, but I did leave wanting a bit more food. Perhaps I will try again for dinner.Special Features:
- A Real FindNewYorker1VIPDined on 5/23/2014We love this restaurant, it is around the corner from our apartment and we go all the time. The wine is always wonderful and the food is consistently good. The staff are friendly and warm and make you feel very welcome .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost ParisNotRobertDined on 5/11/2014An outdoor table on a beautiful, sunny, bright NYC afternoon accompanied by my family made even nicer by excellent food & friendly competent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful East Side Bistrojocon111Dined on 5/10/2014Delux Amis feels like a real French bistro. Wonderful service that is attentive but not rushed. Excellent food. Moderately priced wine list. It is small do reservations are a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Germaine in NYCchicagodinerDined on 5/7/2014A very good neighborhood place. French bistro cooking, perfectly prepared. Service pleasant and attentitive. Seems to cater to neighborhood diners not tourists or high end crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Bistro in NYCLesleya1VIPDined on 4/25/2014This was our second time dining at Deux Amis and once again, we were transported to old world Paris with both atmosphere and food. The escargot were wonderful with just the right blend of garlic, parsley, and butter/oil. The cassoulet was the best we have had - subtle flavoring to complement the perfectly cooked meats and beans.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Go ToCookieDined on 4/22/2014As always- perfect dinner. Service the best. Something for everyone on the menu. Delightful!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchthreefriendsDined on 4/20/2014Two friends and I enjoyed brunch Deux Amis Easter Sunday. The food was very enjoyable, the service friendly and prompt. We weren't rushed out and had time to relax after eating. The wine was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter prix fixeLoves2letotherscookDined on 4/20/2014Three of us enjoyed the chance to eat at Deux Amis. The menu was varied. The Appetizers were delicious - the soup was very nice and the crab cakes were a real treat. Two of us enjoyed the lamb, although the tomato sauce hid some of the taste of the lamb. The other entree was beef and the tomato sauce was an interesting change. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- nebraska77VIPDined on 4/16/2014I always enjoy eating at Deux Amis. The food is delicious and the wait staff is efficient and pleasant. Best if you have a reservation as the restaurant has a following and it can be hard to get a table. You can eat at the bar and they do a nice bar business. The decor of the restaurant makes you feel you are in a small cafe in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood diningNewYorker1VIPDined on 4/13/2014My husband and I live around the block from Deux Amis and simply love this restaurant. The food is good and fresh, the service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. I love their onion tarte, and the beet salad, which has a piece of fried goat cheese on top. The wine list is pretty good, but they usually have a good selection of wine by the glass. If you live around 51st and 1st street, you must try this place, but even if you don't live nearby, I would suggest trying this restaurant, you will not be disappointed that you did.Special Features:
- a cut abovemidtownVIPDined on 4/12/2014a cut above usual bistro fare, not quite stratospheric as some. reliable, Mediterranean influences abound, though traditional coq au vine is available as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborNeighborDined on 4/11/2014I live in the neighborhood and have walked past this inviting restaurant numerous time so I decided to treat myself to dinner. I was dining alone, which often is awkward. The staff was very welcoming and attentive without being overbearing. The menu had a good assortment without being overly complex. The food was well prepared and delicious. The service was excellent. I now regret waiting so long to visit and will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little French RestaurantthebabydocVIPDined on 3/30/2014We had a very pleasant late-night Sunday birthday dinner with three 6-year old and younger girls. The service was excellent, fast, and responsive and the food was perfectly prepared. Kids had a great time as did the adults. Definitely recommend. Recommend the cheese plate. Bucky burger was also great for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 51st Street Jewel!Fraver1VIPDined on 3/15/2014Always a pleasure spending time at this fun restaurant. Very reliable with delicious food and pleasant, efficient service. I always look forward to a meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere ,small and cozyMomoVIPDined on 3/1/2014Small neighborhood place, not the hot, trendy and noisy one. Service is very good, food unequal. the traditional French fare is good, not exceptional, but the couscous while large portion is bland and lacks spicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deux Amis offers a variedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2014Deux Amis offers a varied selection of meat, chicken and seafood dishes prepared a la Francais. I have eaten here at least seven times and always have enjoyed tasty dishes prepared to the diner's request. I particularly like their melt in your mouth short ribs. this is a reliable place that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncomfortableReneeVIPDined on 2/1/2014The table we were given that was right at entrance to their slightly raised dining area. We were told this was the only 3 top they had and they had reserved the others for parties of 4. However, in the entire 1.25 hours we were dining, no one showed up for any of those tables. The food average. Salmon ordered medium came out like leather. Couldn't find the goat cheese that was to come with the onion tart. Considering only one in our party had 2 glasses of house wine and we did not have dessert, the bill was over $50 per person. Overpriced, average food. Having dined at many bistros in Paris, this has a nostalgic resemblance of such but that's about all. As first time diners at Deux Amis, it is safe to say, it was our last time as well.
- "Cheers" but with good foodUsedtoloveSpigoloVIPDined on 1/25/2014Great food and the best service. Wait staff and owner treat you like family. Who could ask for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeHank613Dined on 1/18/2014Food is French and well prepared and presented in a beautiful fashion. Service was outstanding. Menue is somewhat limited. Would like to see more creative French style entries offered. Moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhood FrenchReddevilsVIPDined on 1/10/2014Deux Amis is our favorite neighborhood French place. It is always full of neighborhood regulars and its food has been consistently good. Makes you feel like you are in a small friendly restaurant in a Paris neighborhood. The service was a bit slow When we dined, but it was.a Friday night full-house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemBillVIPDined on 1/1/2014A wonderful little french bistro. Simply the best service staff in NYC. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.