Detroit Seafood Market
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Detroit Seafood Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dsmnow.com/
- Phone: 3139624180
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Vulja
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Weekly Jazz entertainers, Martini Mondays, and special event as advertised.
A word from Detroit Seafood Market
Welcome to Detroit"s premier Seafood Market. Our restaurant specializes in serving fresh and exciting entries that will not only excite the eyes but tantalize the taste buds. Our Chef is the renowned Chef Leonardo Vulja, who has over 25 years of fine dining experience. The restaurant itself sits in the Historic District of Harmonie Park. It is a quaint yet alive park which sits less than a mile from the Tiger Stadium and Lions Stadium. We are also position with in two to three miles of all major downtown venues. We are excited to offer a more laid back venue adjacent to the restaurant the Detroit Seafood Lounge. This is a smooth, laid back lounge for the Young, Old and Sexy. Just the place to head to for an after work drink or a relaxing weekend with friends. We look forward to you experience service at its best. So please come join us at the Detroit Seafood Market or Share a Drink at the Seafood Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Detroit Seafood Market - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Detroit Seafood Market reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (58)romantic (58)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (31)great for lunch (27)hot spot (22)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- scallops greasy rice hard no 1 careOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was not what we expected. Thank goodness we didn't pay the full price for the meal. Told the waiter who didn't care that we were unhappy with our meal. Chef Ramsy wod have never let those scallops and rice out of the kitchen.
- I was expecting more.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014The restaurant needs a major cleaning, as does the staff. Stains on the carpet, the tables were dirty. Every single staff memeber had some kind of stain or mess on their uniform. Our soup arrived cold and before our drinks. It was just an unplaesant experience from beginning to end.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We had received a confirmation of our resveration, but when we got to the resteraunt they had no record of it. It was to our favor that there were only (2) of us so we were seated right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of troutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Restaurant was out of stock on trout so decided to upgrade the dish without notification to swordfish. Which was medium rare, girlfriend steak was overcooked. To sum it up, a fine dining restaurant experience without exception food or service. The Sunday afternoon musician was nice.
- First Time BruncherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Was looking for a brunch spot and DSM came recommended by friends... Had dined here before for dinner but never experienced brunch... It did not disappoint... Lots of options and the food was great (although it could have been warner), as was the service. The music was a great touch. A great value...! Will definitely return...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environment, terrible food.datenightfoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We were very excited to eat at this restaurant. The decor, tables and restaurant in general was awesome looking. We were quickly disappointed when our bottle of white wine came to our table warm. We brushed it off as we are not terribly picky people. Oh well we thought, cheers! Our soup arrived with a layer of skin which meant it had been sitting in the cup for a while. The dinner was a bummer when my trout arrived anemic and thin with the skin on. Okay, lets see how it tastes. It took me a moment to realize my friend which ordered the same dish had a huge salmon type of filet, not so anemic looking and thick without a layer of skin on??!? Will dessert turn it around for us? Nope. Lemon pie had a super soggy crust. We won't return.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was remarkable. I would recommend everyone to try this restaurant now.The atmosphere was great for couples going on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRWCjdnoviVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ate at Detroit Seafood Market for DRW and before a Tigers game. We were immediately seated and the service was very attentive. The scallops were perfectly cooked but the jasmine rice was just okay. The food could have been a little hotter but was mostly very tasty. Great place to eat before a Tigers game and we may try it again before a Red Wings game. We love trying good restaurants in Detroit.
- Great place to eat.scorpio11Dined on 9/27/2014It was our 13th Wedding Anniversary and my wife and I was glad I choose the Seafood Market, my wife really enjoyed the food and wine selection. We will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out with friendsTime2havefunDined on 9/26/2014The night was prefect from the time we enter the restaurant. We had a small group of 8 and went for DRW. The service and the food was wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.DetroitDinerDined on 9/26/2014Scallops and vegetables were very salty and rice was undercooked. Chocolate cake was unimaginably sweet. And surprisingly the martini I had, which was served in a daquiri glass, was $15. The cocktail menu didn't have prices, but still I never would have imagined that a Detroit restaurant could get away with $15 mediocre drinks. Server was nice. Bathroom attendant setup was awkward and uncomfortable.
- Detroit Restaurant WeekTIKIDined on 9/26/2014I Ordered from the special DRW menu. The Scallops were so fresh and very good. It came with rice that was cold and awful. When the bill came the pricing was difference then that on the DRW menu. Not a value added dining experience at all. Server was good and music was great. But wish I had chosen to go to difference restaurant that too was apart of DRW.Special Features:
- mediocre food, nice decorcrktnjrDined on 9/26/2014Food was mediocre. Ambiance is good but very loud. Decor only can means so much to a restaurant, if the food isn't as good! Our waiter was good but I watched one waiter litter little bits of paper on the floor as he walked by a couple booths; when he saw I saw he saved the rest for the garbage can by the service computer....If the staff doesn't take pride , why should anyone else!?Special Features:
- BernadetteDined on 9/26/2014Great food & wonderful service! Only draw back is the parking. It was game nite so I don't know if you normally have to pay $20 for parking. That was a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice alternativeBasWillDined on 9/25/2014The only thing to be improved is the size of the tables in booth seating. The booth and fit 6 people, but the table comfortably accommodates 4. The ambiance is family oriented. With tvs in the larger dining space, it's difficult to concentrate on table conversation if they are playing a game or the latest CNN news updates. Food is good. Not too adventurous. Solid seafood made well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem for DetroitSTaaDined on 9/25/2014We have come here a number of times - Detroit Restaurant Week was going on this week, so we didn't flinch in getting our reservation in early. This is really a nice restaurant. They had a jazz trio playing, and they were playing some excellent jazz (I recognized several smooth jazz hits that they played, but when they started playing Fattburger, I really had to get up and thank them, and leave a generous tip for the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go fishyummyDined on 9/24/2014great food menu for DRW, one of the best restaurant food selection . I truly enjoyed the musician. It really added to the evening. The place it self is not an eye stopper so if you are looking for that this is not the place. We had reservations and still had to wait 30 minutes for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreRestaurantWeekers9Dined on 9/24/2014Compared to other Detroit Restaurant Week restaurants we went to, this was mediocre. The place is in a good spot so we might go back to have drinks and appetizers before a game, but the food at dinner was not very good.
- Detroit Seafood MarketBSW2Dined on 9/23/2014Three friends and I snagged a last minute reservation there on a Tuesday during Detroit Restaurant Week. We loved the decor. The wall painting is a blast and all the different seating arrangements make it most interesting. Wine for some reason was 1/2 off per bottle, which was a very nice touch. There was a great mix of people, all of whom seemed really happy to be there. Nice having the parking lot right across the street. I look forward to going again...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The dessert menu was very limited with only 2 selections. Lemon meringue pie and some kind of chocolate mousse tort. Lemon pie tasted like it was purchased from the local grocery store. chocolate mousse was just fudge candy, there was no cake. Food was not outstanding. We were so disappointed. Service was no exception, just expected. Garlic potatoes were dry, not hot.
- Bums' RushARRRGHDined on 9/23/2014Went for Detroit Restaurant Week. The food was fine, but Rico H. the waiter just wanted to turn the table over. We got desert and the check before I finished my last scallop. I noticed later that I was overcharged for the wine.
- Great experience!eh925Dined on 9/22/2014Came in for my first time during Detroit restaurant week. Will definitely go back! Great food, great service, and there were some great-looking daily specials advertised as well. Not in my everyday budget, but for a nice night out, I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ??????Susan321Dined on 9/20/2014I was a little disappointed. I have received positive feedback about the restaurant but was disappointed. I had two martinis and one was served in a plastic glass. I asked that my steak be cooked medium and it was medium well. The desserts were terrible. The consistency in the lemon pie was completely off and the chocolate cake was not decadent. Our waiter was the bright spot of the evening because the food certainly was not.
- Plan ahead...crazy4sushiDined on 9/20/2014I visited the restaurant for restaurant week in April & had an awesome experience with a friend. The food & environment were great & because we made a reservation we were seated immediately. The experience was so great, we decided to visit again for restaurant week for my friend's birthday. We made a reservation & followed the same routine as the previous visit. However, this time we had to wait 45 minutes beyond our reservation time (we arrived 15 minutes early, so a total wait time of an hour, but I don't count our early arrival against them). The hostess & waiter were short and a bit rude, possibly because the restaurant was busy, but that's not our fault & it ruined our dining experience. Don't know if we will be going back anytime soon
- Overall not pleasedPassionateGourmetGirlDined on 9/20/2014I am VERY disappointed with my dining experience at Detroit Seafood Market. I took my nieces and nephew to this restaurant for Detroit Restaurant Week. The restaurant turns into a club at 11:30 pm, which we were not made aware of and we were asked to leave because our table had been "bought" in preparation for the club scene. This was after spending over $350.00 dining and leaving over a 25% tip. I was insulted and very displeased. I usually enjoy dining here, but I won't be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- So DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had a very disappointing return to Detroit Seafood Market. What had been an elegant fine dining establishment a few years ago is now lit like a grocery store with staff shouting at one another, including the manager constantly shout to bus staff which table to clear and set up next. It took 30 minutes to get a cocktail from the disorganized bar and I ended up drinking water with my dinner instead of the wine that I ordered. It came later. The lobster bisque was barely warm, but at least the trout was tasty. It was the only redeeming feature in an otherwise dismal experience.
- Delicious food!lovegreatfoodDined on 9/20/2014The food was the best! The customer service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great optionpmoore2Dined on 9/20/2014I really enjoy the restaurant week options. However the mixed seasonal veges were terrible. In the future just broc or glazed carrots would be a better option. Very loud, but they were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown Detroit GemMerylDined on 9/20/2014The service and the food here is excellent They pay special attention to details. I always look forward to dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit Seafood - Style and SavorDrMinisterDined on 9/20/2014The waitstaff, the ambiance, the quality of the food: EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT. Despite the challenge of parking, once you are inside, the satisfaction derived from dining at Detroit Seafood Market erases the parking barrier.Special Features:
- Remodeled Bathroom NeededRobbieDined on 9/19/2014We were impressed with the Lobster Bisque. The Shrimp Diablo was too spicy. The restaurant was noise, loud, and seemed unprepared. The bathroom was horrible for a top restaurant. Will not return.
- Birthday DinnerDukeDined on 9/13/2014Came here on a recommendation from a friend for dinner for my 45th birthday before we went to the Tigers game. Food was very good, our server was FANTASTIC and very attentive. My wife enjoyed the fried lobster tails very much and I thought the seafood paella was very good. Appetizer, bottle of wine, main course, dessert, with 20% tip, out for a buck and a half, good value.Special Features:
- Dinning mid-to-high end Soul FoodpleasantchewDined on 9/7/2014The food was very good, and the selection covered a great deal of Soul Food favorites.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was delicious and had artistic appeal. The booths are secluded and have drapes. A nice touch. perfect for couples.Special Features:
- Detroit Seafood Mkt was just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014While the food was delicious and the entertainment great, the demeanor of the person waiting on our table was short and abrupt, unfortunately ruining the the entire experience. I don't think that our party of four will be back any time soon.Special Features:
- AwesomekelsDined on 8/31/2014I love this place. The food is good and service is outstanding! you cannot not go wrong. Brunch is awesome.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing!AwesomeDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time at the Detroit Seafood Market and I brought a guest with me from out of town and we both enjoyed the experience. The food was great as well as the service. I'll definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant unfortunately is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to find it.Special Features:
- Great Evening!!raymieDined on 8/28/2014The service at Detroit Seafood Market is always topnotch, but this evening -- a Thursday in August 2014 -- it was spectacular. Our waiter seemed to respond to out conversation, almost as if he was listening in with the NSA. His anticipation was amazing, and he offered suggestions which were interesting. Another waiter chatted with us a bit, and two other staff members were friendly and helpful when I got up to head to the restroom (I was using a cane and they pointed me to a restroom I didn't know the place had which was much closer). The care the entire staff showed was greatly appreciated. I had a Delmonico steak, side of scallops and asparagus. Too much food for me -- and I can eat a LOT. Perfect medium-rare and tasty.Special Features:
- Better daysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I went for lunch. No hostess, no wait staff. Finally, 3-5 mins we were approached & seated. No bread? Food is good but it took almost 25 mins for lunch menu items to be served AND there was only a couple of patrons. Why so long? I've been there several times for lunch now & each luncheon experience becomes less enjoying. I won't be back.