Detroit Seafood Market
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Detroit Seafood Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dsmnow.com/
- Phone: (313) 962-4180
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Vulja
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Weekly Jazz entertainers, Martini Mondays, and special event as advertised.
A word from Detroit Seafood Market
Welcome to Detroit"s premier Seafood Market. Our restaurant specializes in serving fresh and exciting entries that will not only excite the eyes but tantalize the taste buds. Our Chef is the renowned Chef Leonardo Vulja, who has over 25 years of fine dining experience. The restaurant itself sits in the Historic District of Harmonie Park. It is a quaint yet alive park which sits less than a mile from the Tiger Stadium and Lions Stadium. We are also position with in two to three miles of all major downtown venues. We are excited to offer a more laid back venue adjacent to the restaurant the Detroit Seafood Lounge. This is a smooth, laid back lounge for the Young, Old and Sexy. Just the place to head to for an after work drink or a relaxing weekend with friends. We look forward to you experience service at its best. So please come join us at the Detroit Seafood Market or Share a Drink at the Seafood Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Detroit Seafood Market - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Detroit Seafood Market reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (40)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (26)hot spot (25)notable wine list (22)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014Enjoyed our Thanksgiving Eve dinner with a professional waiter and wonderful seafood!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to find this gem right in my neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014I stumbled upon DSM while searching for a downtown restaurant with lobster on its menu. I'm a native Detroiter,but I'd never heard of this restaurant. The greeter and the server were both friendly and personable. The food was great, and I left full. I'lldefinitely be back, often!Special Features:
- outstandingmswilli8311Dined on 11/20/2014This was my first time going and the experience was awesome! Food was excellent and the waiter was very knowledgeable about the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Detroit Seafood Co!SingerDined on 11/19/2014This is our favorite place to go before the Opera! Service is always prompt and pleasant. Food is well prepared. Like being able to park our car then walk to eat and then walk to MOT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Food was awesome, service and atmosphere very nice and quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandoDined on 11/10/2014The noise level was to high for conversation.calvin was excellent but food could have been a bit faster especially toward the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateaep12Dined on 11/8/2014I went here for my birthday and anniversary dinner. The way the table was set up was very private. The service was friendly, but I asked for vegetables and got rice, however, the food was very good as was the wine. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who enjoys seafood.Special Features:
- Detroit Seafood MarketOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We arrived in time for happy hour at the bar, then were seated for dinner. The paella is outstanding!!!Special Features:
- JazzGirlDined on 11/8/2014My friend and I chose this resturant for our Girlfriend lunch and shop day. we truly enjoyed the appetizers ( calamari and mac chesse with lobster). The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!lclikefoodVIPDined on 11/6/2014Sweet potato fries were awesome! I had the grilled catfish as my entree. It was good. A touch salty for me, but good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014We went to detroit seafood to have a girls night and celebrate two in our party turning 30 and ended up having a spectacular time. Great food, excellent service and a vibrant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!RichardDined on 11/5/2014This was our second visit to this place. We went both times for the"all you can eat crab legs", and had a great meal on both occasions. Our waiter was excellent and very prompt at keeping us supplied with those delicious crab legs. One of my guests opted for a menu item other than crab and was very pleased with both the quality and presentation. The only negative comment I will make is that the bar area noise can be very distracting to the dining experience. I really don't know how they can control a very active bar scene but it is annoying while dining.Special Features:
- A very pleasant dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I went with a friend, before seeing a performance at the Detroit Opera House. The staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful - our order came right away. We loved the perch, and the spinach and artichoke appetizer! Excellent restaurant, would definitely go again.Special Features:
- SuertudoDined on 11/1/2014Great city décor in just the right neighborhood for it. Excellent food and service; live music (with mediocre vocalist but better than "piped in" music). All around, a very good dining experience - Detroit needs more places like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014As usual the 4 of us enjoyed our meals very much to perfection. For some reason, after visiting the restaurant numerous times the service is not as good, don't come around to refill water glasses and waited a fair amount of time for main courses. The menus were not removed from the table had to put them on the bench next to me. trivial point but notedSpecial Features:
- Spotty Serviceapplegirl57VIPDined on 10/26/2014The servers were overwhelmed because the restaurant had a large group in prior to the official opening for brunch on this Sunday. The restaurant management should prepare better in the future---if there's going to be a large group, staff up and prepare; Sunday brunch is a big time, too, and needs the proper attention. They also had some trouble getting tables cleaned and prepared for guests, and keeping the buffet full. Our server was very pleasant, just overwhelmed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit Seafood MarketMonteDined on 10/25/2014We had the best dining experience that we've had in a long time! And that includes all the eatery's that we frequent around Grosse Pointe! The food was absoluely exceptional! I recommend Kenny's Favorite or the Detroit Lobster tails. And my waiter was better than the best at Lely's! We loved the music and the ambiance. A hidden gem!Special Features:
- A very nice dinnerYpsidinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had a very nice dinner. We shared a salad, since they are pretty large. My wife had the raw oysters, which she found were the best she has had in the midwest. We both had Paella, and they were great. The service was very attentive. We really enjoyed the experience and will come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great ambiance love the smooth Jazz. The food is good but watch for the hot dishes. Save room for dessertSpecial Features:
- Nice place!annaliisaDined on 10/24/2014Good food, courteous staff, nice clientele. Staff was professional, and gave us ladies plenty of time to peruse the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit Seafood MarketLovinmesomefoodDined on 10/23/2014Brought my guests for dinner and drinks. To our amazement everything was so wonderful we stayed for the entertainment and desserts!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I had the trout and it was good. My friend ordered the crab cakes and they were all filler and little crab. She did not finish it. A young lady Caroline ? was our server and she was excellent and very solicitous. She told the chef and they deleted her crab from the bill. Ihave been to the restaurant before and enjoyed the fish and I will try it again. Thanks for asking. MargotSpecial Features:
- Great Detroit RestaurantalongtheroadDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful food, nice atmosphere, great service! Convenient parking right across the street. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Hurried us out!!!lovinlifeDined on 10/18/2014The place was very nice, however our meal was rushed because on Saturday nights they have a party at 12 midnight for the young partygoers. Our reservations were for 10:30pm so that really interfered with us relaxing and enjoying our meal. We could tell that the waiters were trying to hurry us up. My appetizer was sent back bcause it was not what I expected, and they were nice about it. We will go back but much earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!EpicureanDined on 10/17/2014A dining gem. Should be experienced by all serious seafood diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The service was excellent and the waiters are very attentive, but not overbearing. Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to be!MarvCrawfordDined on 10/6/2014We had a wonderful time, service, food was all excellent. My daughters birthday dinner, we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Groupon bait & switchCuriousCatDined on 10/1/2014I visited this restaurant because I had a Groupon. When we arrived we were handed large, multi- entry menus. However, when I mentioned I had a Groupon, they took those away and brought out a single half sheet menu with a selection of only 4 entrees. I felt rooked. I ordered the stuffed lobster and it was super tough, and had a bitter alkaline taste to it. Although the service was great, I will not be returning.
- scallops greasy rice hard no 1 careConcernedDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was not what we expected. Thank goodness we didn't pay the full price for the meal. Told the waiter who didn't care that we were unhappy with our meal. Chef Ramsy wod have never let those scallops and rice out of the kitchen.
- DRW ExperienceAngels321Dined on 9/28/2014This popular seafood spot was bustling when my two companions and I arrived for our 7 PM reservation (on Sunday) so there was an approx. 15 min. wait before we were seated --but the hostess was gracious and apologetic. Unfortunately, our server was not as pleasant. All three of us ordered the lobster bisque --it was good but not fantastic. Even though there were 7 DRW entree choices, they were out of the one I really wanted so I ordered red snapper from the regular menu, while both of my friends ordered scallops from the special menu. My serving was very generous, their's very skimpy...3 medium- sized scallops, a spoonful of rice, and a dollop of veggies. All was good, but not outstanding. Good wine selection. We would return there again.Special Features:
- I was expecting more.....DisappointedDetroiterDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant needs a major cleaning, as does the staff. Stains on the carpet, the tables were dirty. Every single staff memeber had some kind of stain or mess on their uniform. Our soup arrived cold and before our drinks. It was just an unplaesant experience from beginning to end.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We had received a confirmation of our resveration, but when we got to the resteraunt they had no record of it. It was to our favor that there were only (2) of us so we were seated right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of troutdisappointedDined on 9/28/2014Restaurant was out of stock on trout so decided to upgrade the dish without notification to swordfish. Which was medium rare, girlfriend steak was overcooked. To sum it up, a fine dining restaurant experience without exception food or service. The Sunday afternoon musician was nice.
- First Time BruncherNoBadMealDined on 9/28/2014Was looking for a brunch spot and DSM came recommended by friends... Had dined here before for dinner but never experienced brunch... It did not disappoint... Lots of options and the food was great (although it could have been warner), as was the service. The music was a great touch. A great value...! Will definitely return...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environment, terrible food.datenightfoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We were very excited to eat at this restaurant. The decor, tables and restaurant in general was awesome looking. We were quickly disappointed when our bottle of white wine came to our table warm. We brushed it off as we are not terribly picky people. Oh well we thought, cheers! Our soup arrived with a layer of skin which meant it had been sitting in the cup for a while. The dinner was a bummer when my trout arrived anemic and thin with the skin on. Okay, lets see how it tastes. It took me a moment to realize my friend which ordered the same dish had a huge salmon type of filet, not so anemic looking and thick without a layer of skin on??!? Will dessert turn it around for us? Nope. Lemon pie had a super soggy crust. We won't return.Special Features:
- Don't go during Restarant Week!Drinks2DinnerDined on 9/27/2014Disappointing dinner as we were rushed through the meal to make way for the next reservation during restaurant week. I wasn't finished with my soup and the meal was on the table. My dinner plate was removed and in less than 60 seconds, dessert was served. A table of 5 and we were in and out in less than an hour; not exactly leisurely dining. We still spent a large sum of money for what we received (small portions) - we won't be back.
- Excellent RestaurantDeeman924Dined on 9/27/2014The food was remarkable. I would recommend everyone to try this restaurant now.The atmosphere was great for couples going on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRWCjdnoviVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ate at Detroit Seafood Market for DRW and before a Tigers game. We were immediately seated and the service was very attentive. The scallops were perfectly cooked but the jasmine rice was just okay. The food could have been a little hotter but was mostly very tasty. Great place to eat before a Tigers game and we may try it again before a Red Wings game. We love trying good restaurants in Detroit.
- Great place to eat.scorpio11Dined on 9/27/2014It was our 13th Wedding Anniversary and my wife and I was glad I choose the Seafood Market, my wife really enjoyed the food and wine selection. We will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out with friendsTime2havefunDined on 9/26/2014The night was prefect from the time we enter the restaurant. We had a small group of 8 and went for DRW. The service and the food was wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.