Destino - NYC
891 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Destino - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.destinony.com/
- Phone: 2127510700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday
5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Curko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our chef can tailor a catered menu for up to 300 of your guests. Call us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Destino features a private dining room on its mezzanine level overlooking the bar and piano area. This room seats a max of 24 guests. Larger groups of 20 or more are seated in the main dining room. Private events are also available in the main dining room until 5pm and all day on Sundays. Buyout options are also available.
- Private Party Contact: Joan Moses 2127510700
- Special Events: Two Party Spaces Available to Accommodate Parties of 15 To 60 Guests, Whole Restaurant Booking 150 Guests. Please Call For More Information.
A word from Destino - NYC
ENJOY TRADITIONAL “HOME-STYLE” ITALIAN COOKING IN OUR CAUSALLY ELEGANT DINING ROOM FEATURING AN OIL-ON-CANVAS 40-FOOT RENAISSANCE FRESCO ON THE CEILING. OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND LARGE PORTIONS GUARANTEE A COMPLETE DINING EXPERIENCE THAT WILL NEVER HAVE YOU WALKING AWAY HUNGRY. A MEAL AT DESTINO WILL BRING YOU BACK TO THE FINEST CUISINE YOU REMEMBER HAVING AT YOUR GRANDMOTHER’S SUNDAY DINNER TABLE. EXECUTIVE CHEF MARIO CURKO, FORMERLY OF RAO’S. ASK ABOUT OUR PRIVATE EVENTS AND BOOK YOUR NEXT PRIVATE EVENT HERE!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Destino - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
- A pleasant surprise!JohnandLynnDined on 8/24/2013This was our first visit to Destino's. The quality - and quantity - of the food was excellent, and the dessert I chose - pistachio Tartuffe was delicious. We had to finish early due to another appointment, and the waiter served us promptly and graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013Fantastic staff..Extremely attentive. Our 2nd visit here on a Travelzoo deal. They were so accommodating. They don't have garlic bread on their menu, but the chef was able to make some. Everything was delicious. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2013was there on a first date , the food is good , fresh seafood!!! that always a plus in my book ,Special Features:
- good italian , nice people!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2013Destino ridiculously awesome food makes me just as happy as a clam here..the portions are HUGE!!! i had the special sea bass with mushrooms and truffle oil , what a delight !!! service was attentive without intrusion !! ambiance was really cool with smooth yet upbeat music...you go DJ !!!Special Features:
- terrific italian!EllenDined on 8/19/2013My family loves this restaurant. So good! Best meatballs in NYC, and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the atmospherechristineDined on 8/18/2013I love to take women here on dates, it's the most romantic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superbchristineDined on 8/17/2013I come here just for the all-star bus boy Blardi. I came in today and sadly Blardi was not here but I still enjoyed myself. Will come back soon to see him. Also try the gardino salad and the fresh clamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great wine, Great staffEllenDined on 8/17/2013Came in again tonight. The tonnarelli special was phenom. Hope they put it as a special again soon. Also the coconut gelato was amazing. The charismatic manager told me about the live music on Monday nights- can't wait to experience that! Love destino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodAbonillaDined on 8/17/2013It was my son and my first time in New York. We loved the ambiance and restaurant, but our waiter was not very good. When I say not very good I mean that when I asked what they are known for what is their specialty he told me to just look at the leaf. I asked again and he just gave me the daily specials. He couldn't tell me what the restaurant specialty was. Other than that everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerschristineDined on 8/16/2013Took my daughter here for her birthday dinner it was truly a special night. Thank you everyone at destinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedMilesDined on 8/16/2013Didn't have the highest expectations. Some yelp reviews were negative but I have no idea why, my daughter and I had a lovely time here tonight. The food was delightful, and they even sang her happy birthday and gave her complimentary desserts. Very special place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sangriaMaryDined on 8/16/2013Destino is perfect for a romantic night. We arrived on a busy Friday and were seated right away even though the dining room was so full. I have a lot of food allergies and the chef and my server Carlo were both so accommodating. The homemade sangria really won over my wife. We plan to come back with my brother and his wife next weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Great restaurant with great food and very nice and quick serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingchristineDined on 8/15/2013My husband and I always stop in to see the wonderful bartender, Olga. She is our favorite in the city. We love the décor at destino as well as the phenomenally-excecuted traditional Italian dishes. Everything always arrives hot and plated so attractively. Desserts are also mouth watering. Great prices and great portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the bombMaryDined on 8/15/2013This place is divine. It's decorated so romantically. The staff is always so warm and inviting. They always make us feel like VIPs. The pasta sauces are incredible , you should try them all!
- Very nice !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013love the meatballs and seafood salad , good energy all around , very nice staff.. the only bad thing is i wish they had lasagna!!!Special Features:
- Gorgeous and deliciousMilesDined on 8/15/2013I keep returning to Destino. The plates are always assembled so beautifully and taste incredible. Im addicted to the meatballs! Portions are generous and I love the friendly waitstaff. This place really has it all. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken parm - a simple dishDestinoisnotworthitDined on 8/15/2013Chicken parm - a simple dish was gross. it was a soggy piece of chicken drenched in a bottle of ragu with a pound of cheese melted on top. Potatoes were dry and bland. i got a single broccoli head which was the tastiest part of my meal. Not at all acceptable food in a city full of great Italian restaurants.
- service awful and slow. foodTATYVIPDined on 8/13/2013service awful and slow. food good but salty. noise level very loud. hard to hear conversations.
- It's good ItalianPmagVIPDined on 8/13/2013Food at fair prices. Service was good. Nice neighborhood Resturant.
- Dinner at Destino was wonderfulNYCBobVIPDined on 8/12/2013Dinner at Destino was wonderful -- the staff is attentive and the food superb. The Seafood Salad is not to be missed! While there was live music in the bar the restaurant was relatively quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMilesDined on 8/10/2013Crazy about this Italian place. My wife and I keep coming back for the meatballs and the beautiful insalata di Mare. When we have friends in town this is our go-to spot to take them to. Plus they have delivery! Really great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD PEOPLEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013Big thank you to the entire Destino team for making my 13 years anniversary memorable ..More specifically a very big thank you to the chef who honored my wife s request and made her fresh strozapretti , a big thank you to the handsome manager sofyane and a big thank you to all the servers and bartenders.. thank youSpecial Features:
- Five stars ItalianEllenDined on 8/9/2013Came here this evening on a date. My second time here and it was somehow better than the last. From the atmosphere to the incredible food, Destino leaves nothing to be desired. I'm obsessed with the tiramisu and the meatballs. Also some of the best customer service I've had in a long time. Can't wait to return to Destino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestEllaDined on 8/9/2013Probably The Best Italian Restaurant in NYC. They serve great Meatballs (and if they don’t serve this kind of thing in heaven, then I really don’t want to go there (c)) Great atmosphere, Great service! Bartender Olga is the best! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013The food at Destino is awesome! I always go with the staff' recommendation about the daily specialties!! The staff knows their food and are willing to split plates for you at no additional expense. I am really picky so I always have some additional request for how I love my food to be served. I have never been disappointed ..My advice is go to Destino for yourself and try the deliciously and beautifully prepared dishes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianEllenDined on 8/8/2013I've been hearing great things about this spot famous for its meatballs and finally checked it out. We first grabbed a glass of wine with the charming bartender, Olga. The bar area is decorated with a gorgeous chandelier, and the dining room's enormous hand painted fresco is a must-see. Atmosphere was classy and romantic. Our server was upbeat, pleasant, and had an extensive knowledge about the menu. The food arrived hot and promptly. From the meatballs to the veal and the pork chops, portions were generous and the food is out of is world. Don't leave without trying their homemade tiramisu, it is a dream- the best I've had. Highly recommended. Some of the best Italian I've had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013good place , i would recommend to anyone who liked to eat.. i just moved to the neighborhood and tried it because so many people recommended it from my building .. staff is really friendly , food is good and the atmosphere is romantic.. can t wait to go backSpecial Features:
- destino i love youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013i am just writting this review to thank my waiter eloyee , who was so nice to me and my wife..i went to destino to celebrate my wife s birthday and , it was a great dinner , from start to finish. the manager bought us drinks and he had the entire staff sing happy birthday.. my wife was in tears thank you very much destino for a great nightSpecial Features:
- absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013I came here for a weekday dinner and from beginning to end, our group was thoroughly impressed. The dishes were creative and flavorful, and the staff demonstrated the very definition of good service. Appetizer - Insalata. I wasn't expecting much for a simple salad, so was really blown away when it was served with a tangy, light and refreshing salad dressing that made me crave more. Appetizer portions are usually so small but i thought this was a great size as well! meatballs of course a delight as advertised,, the service was very attentive without being intrusif .. door staff was really good too..Special Features:
- Great dinner but average serviceFrequentdinerDined on 8/4/2013Wonderful food and ambience but service was sub-par. Waiters cleared our tables abruptly just as we finished our appetizers. Food came out promptly. Our waiter was not as friendly after we changed our order and refused to order 2nd round of drinks. Poor attitude of waiting staff soured our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBob13wVIPDined on 8/3/2013Had a nice dinner here with good food and good service. The food was prepared and presented nicely. We will be coming back here on our next trip to NY.
- I am always hesitant to tryEllenozDined on 8/2/2013I am always hesitant to try a new Italian place, I've been disappointed far too many times. I'm so glad I gave this restaurant a chance though! It was slightly out of our way but it was definitely worth making the trip. I started with Mario's meatballs, the portion was huge even though it's listed as an appetizer. The server recommended us some house sangria, which was truly delicious. I saw a lot of other people ordering it as well. For my entrée, I ordered the special fish of the day. I still can't get the taste of that wine sauce out of my mind. My friend also enjoyed his meal very much. We had insalada tri-colore to share, we both liked it a lot. Overall a great experience, we'll definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013i was surprised by the reviews on here , either they were very good or very bad..so i decided to try it out.. the food is really as good as advertised , the service is prompt without being intrusive and the painting on the ceiling made me feel like i was in a venetian museum.. overall a good restaurant in my bookSpecial Features:
- DESTINO CLOSE TO PERFECTIONOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013This place is perfect for almost any occasion - absolutely scrumptious food, health conscious, environment conscious, and tasty fresh cocktails! I went the other day on a date - perfect atmosphere, not too loud, low lighting, and even ithe service was perfect, our waiter more than made up for this occasion . I also love that healthy does not mean vegetarian or vegan (ALTHOUGH they have those options - my dates a vegetarian). Plenty of choices on the menu for any taste, any age and they were very accommodating to some obscure request from the table next to me( group on people ). - As for the prices - they remain descent ..Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my recentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013I really enjoyed my recent visit to Destino. I had visited the restaurant in the past few years but I happened to be happily surprised by the level of service and food. My family was visiting from MA and I decided to surprise them with a nice dinner. It went above our expectations. 'Our waiter was right on top making sure we have everything we needed. The food was awesome. They have some delicious summer dishes that make my mouth watery. At the end all of the staff sang "Happy Birthday" to my mum. It was so nice of them. I was really positively surprised. I made a mistake not going there for such a long time. I would totally come back and bring more of my friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destino'sBeekayDined on 7/27/2013Great food, service, and ambiance. I took some friends to Destino's for dinner before we went to a show. AWESOME night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time the Charm?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2013Have been here two other times and this visit was the best. I suppose there wouldn't have been a third time if the first ones had been disappointing. Part of the beauty of revisiting restaurants is learning what the kitchen does and doesn't do well. What I can say is we are al set for visit number four. Go ahead and star the journey yourself. There is gold to be found here.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, nice vibe.lmntDined on 7/22/2013Other than it being a little price, it was really good. I went with my girlfriend, and we really enjoyed the entire meal. The waitress was great, the ambiance was unbelievable, and there was almost no noise regardless of the amount of people sitting around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good chicken scarpariello!kathyschwadelVIPDined on 7/13/2013Very few places make it ON THE BONE. THey do, and it's scrumptious. Attnetive service and good food really makes for a great nite out. PS The caesar salad is yummy, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.