318 South Towanda Avenue
Normal, IL 61761Neighborhood:
Bloomington / Normal
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.destihl.com/
- Phone: 3098622337
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am to 4pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4pm to 10pm, Friday-Saturday 4pm to 11pm, Sunday 4pm to 9pm
*Weekend brunch also offered on Saturday-Sunday until 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Carlos Rojas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it's casual, formal, lunch, dinner, cocktails, appetizer, impromptu or planned in advance, DESTHIL is the place to have your next gathering. If you are looking for a business meeting or dinner party preceded by a brewery tour and beer tasting, we are more than happy to accommodate. Our Tasting Room is perfect for your next small gathering of 6-10 guests. Our Side Room accommodates up to 52 people or can be divided into two smaller semi-private rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Katheryn Tilley 3098622337
A word from DESTIHL-Normal
DESTIHL is a culinary destination in Bloomington-Normal. A gastrobrewpub which creatively combines and reinvents craft beer and full-flavored dishes from America's melting pot using many local ingredients and both modern and traditional techniques. Our mission is to fill our gastrobrewpub with fun, energy and passion for great artisan food and beers while providing a 'down to earth', high level of service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DESTIHL-Normal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love this RestaurantFoodiewannabeDined on 5/24/2014From the moment we walked in the service was outstanding. They could not have been nicer. Our server went out of his way to make our dining an excellent choice . He brought us some wines to taste that we were unsure about. The Brussels sprout salad was a delight, just so different. We had the chicken garlic sauce pizza and they put blue cheese only on one side as we requested. Our water glasses were never empty. We had a wonderful meal and will be back for sure. The ambiance is quite inviting also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hhheyDined on 5/21/2014I love this restaurant but my last experience wasn't great. We sat outside and there was only one server to 6-7 tables. She was very slow and our meal took a long time. That's too many tables for one person. I hope next time is better. I really enjoyed the outdoor seating she was just too busy to serve us and to get our checks.Special Features:
- Good MealYoungDinerDined on 5/19/2014We went with several first timers to the restaurant. Everything was very good. Service was fantastic and prompt. She even recommended several dishes that we ended up eating. Food was prompt and they knew who ordered what. Overall very positive experience, will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014Destihl always offers an exceptional dining experience. Delicious food at reasonable prices. An awesome selection of beers they brew themselves. Friendly & knowledgable servers. It's our go-to place to bring out-of-town visitors. Our serves on this visit, Alexis, was especially delightful & offered great suggestions. And the special pizza with dates & fennel sausage was incredible! Add it to the regular menu and it'll be my new go-to dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2014This has been one of or possibly my favorite restaurants in BloNo. We haven't been in a few months and were excited to see the new menu until we saw the prices. I am not one to shy away from higher prices, but it seems as though all menu items have increased dramatically. (Knowing the cost of specific items shows how often we eat there. ;) The food and service were still good, but the prices did not reflect what we had grown accustomed to and felt was a really fair value. All things said and done this is still a great place to eat, however not frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 5/17/2014Terrific, especially for a small community like Normal. Try the stoutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKrypto1Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great, the service was great! Liked being able to make reservations online.Special Features:
- Skimpy PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food has excellent taste, however I felt that the portions were a little small especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a celebrationDrjanDined on 5/9/2014A great place to celebrate a graduation from ISU. Fun, great service, delicious food- thank you!Special Features:
- Good food! Good beer!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014The food was really good! The beer menu is really great! Many different kinds to try! Really nice place to have a good meal and a good brew with it!Special Features:
- Always spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2014I come for the award winning beer. The excellent cuisine is a bonus! Ask if a sour beer is on and try it. Brick oven pizza. You cannot go wrong at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, hard to hearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014Food and service have always been excellent. It's a bit noisy for my Dad, who is hard of hearing, which is the only drawback. My little baby cried fairly often this time, but all the servers were very kind about it and gave her lots of attention, which I really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2014We ate at DESTHIL while traveling. A good meal with friendly service. The menu had plenty of options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePlace2dineDined on 4/29/2014It was a great evening with wonderful ambience and great food. Great optuons even for a vegetarian like my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annaDined on 4/27/2014The Destihl brewery makes a variety of beers. All are available in a variety of pour sizes, so you can effectively create your own flight or bring home a growler. The wait staff is helpful with descriptions and food recommendations. All the food is very beer friendly. A great stop in the Bloomington-Normal area.Special Features:
- Excellent Evening OutKdmak5Dined on 4/25/2014We had an opportunity to try Destihl for the first time while spending dinner with our twin daughters for their birthday! They both attend ISU and heard about the restaurant from friends at school. What a wonderful place! From the food selections, to the service... Everything was fantastic! We will definitely be back many times to enjoy.Special Features:
- Great food and service!JennDined on 4/19/2014Great food, as always (cuban-style pork sandwich and bacon & cheese burger), and excellent service from our waiter Nicholas. We always have great service at Destihl, but Nicholas went above and beyond. I asked for a an extra side of the IPA mustard sauce to go along with my sandwich. He not only brought me that, but also a side of Destihl's maple chipotle sauce, which was also delicious on the sandwich!Special Features:
- Special Night185daysDined on 4/18/2014We were celebrating a birthday and everything went very well. The server warned us that the bar was backed up because it was a busy Friday night. But the service was well paced and no one waited for anything for too long. The beer selection was excellent and we enjoyed several 4oz tastes. The Thai Fried Chicken was crispy and had a kick of spice. The s'mores were a yummy finish. They topped them with a candle- great finish to a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodyummyDined on 4/18/2014I've never had a bad meal at Destihl. This time around was a quick catch-up lunch with a friend. The place was packed, but luckily I had made a reservation through Open Table. We both had soup and salad combos, and we both had the yummy special soup which was clam chowder with jalapeno bacon. Our waiter was enthusiastic, but a little slow to take our order because of the big crowd that day. All in all, another good experience at Destihl.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Aspargus appetizer was amazing. Beer selection is vast. Food is good but a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will dine there againPeg6Dined on 4/11/2014Meeting friends from out-of-town, looking for a location easy to get to and offering a great menu. This fit the bill, and even tho it was a Friday night, we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- The food an service was veryBecbingDined on 4/4/2014The food an service was very good. The only problem I had was the noise level. It was hard to have a conversation with the music that was playing that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BittersweetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Our visit to your restaurant was bittersweet. The place looked and felt fantastic. We were celebrating being together for 6 months. And we felt welcome. The Peach Wheat Ale we ordered was exceptional. The cheese curds we ordered were out of this world. The Braised Pork Shank I ordered was delicious. But my girlfriend's food was what was the other side of it. She ordered the Pesto Chicken Pasta and she thought the flavor was great, but she said it was so spicy and hot that she couldn't eat it. If there had been some kind of warning about the spicyness of the dish, she would've ordered something else. Maybe you can include some kind of warning for spicy dishes in the future? Other than that, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Definitely different menu items - loved the Reuben eggroll appetizer, lamb meatballs on pasta had a really terrific tomato based sauce. Jambalaya was amazing. Menu has lots of variety without being an insane amount of choices and most items have a little twist that keeps them new and different. You can find something as interesting as the Reuben appetizer and as comforting as meatloaf raised to a higher plain! Love that they try to source locally as much as possible. Not a beer lover, but dining companions enjoyed the craft beer. Had a great glass of Australian wine, not a long wine list, but quality seems to be there. Had reservations on a Saturday night, parking lot was full, people waiting, waited only 20 seconds to be seated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.MicheleChicagoDined on 3/29/2014Food was really good and creative. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I had the lamb meatball pasta and the beet salad which were both excellent. Others had the ribeye and the vege burger preceded by salads. They have their own brewery so definitely recommended for beer lovers. Our waitress was very good considering the restaurant was crowded. If you plan to go, definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great food!PawdaDined on 3/28/2014I always enjoy going to Destihl. I can get tasty and interesting food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Delicious food a little noiseyBarbDined on 3/27/2014Delicious food a little noisey but tables in back quieter love the roast chicken and pecan pie w ice creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice average placeHomeBrewDanDined on 3/27/2014It was a nice place. I'd go back and I'd recommend it. Here are my specific comments: 1. Even though I made a reservation I was treated as any other walk in i.e. I was given a pager and had to wait a few minutes. That's okay, but don't offer reservations if you're not going to reserve tables. 2. In my reservation i asked specifically that i was interested in vegan/vegetarian offerings yet no mention was made by either the hostess nor the wait staff. Don't ask for comments/special requests if you're not going to act on them. 3. One of the beers had turned sour. They replaced the beer with another free of charge. Overall a positive experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2014I first started visiting years ago when I would travel to Bloomington for work. Food has always been excellent. My latest visit was disappointing as my chicken dish was definitely overcooked. The chicken was literally charred and the asparagus was undercooked to the point I almost couldn't get it down. Wine selection was great and the server was definitely knowledgable about the wine and I appreciated the story behind the name.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualRedbirdMomDined on 3/23/2014We have been to Destihl a few times and it never fails to disappoint. My kids had fish and chips which were really good and my husband had Vanilla Caramel French toast was fantastic!! I had ordered a fish special which wasn't a good choice, the manager came to the table to apologize and offer me anything else on the menu, even offered to make a salad to go if we were short on time I declines since I had sampled my families dishes, but that is how a restaurant should be run!! The took my item off our bill, will definitely be back again and again!Special Features:
- Great find if you like craftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Great find if you like craft beers. They have a very nice selection, we sampled a few. Food was very good, nice variety on the menu. Overall a very good dining experience and some place we would definitely visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MicrobrewsDiner56Dined on 3/22/2014Great beer selection, great service. Crowded booths need more space for beer flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good but can be hit or missSammyDined on 3/18/2014Generally speaking, when in Bloomington-Normal I count Destihl as a solid option for an evening meal. The beers are always interesting and I can try a variety. The food can be hit or miss however. Recently, I ordered the bacon wrapped dates which I think are incredibly tasty. I debated the meal choice with the server and went on her recommendation for the special that night, a beef stew. A short time later, when the food server (not my server) arrived at my table to deliver my stew and ask, "Can I get you anything else?" I simply stammered, "Yes, the appetizer?" Once we were past that, the stew was, well, meh. The beef was rubbery and not terribly flavorful. I'll go back to Destihl, but it'll be a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tomato soupAnimalVIPDined on 3/18/2014If you like tomato soup, they have some of the best tomato soup I have ever had. Service depends on the server you get in this restaurant. This visit we had the best server we have ever had, hope we get her again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Desthil was my first meal when I moved to the Bloomington/Normal area in the summer and 8 months later is still the best place I've eaten at. Wide range of options plus they support local farmers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and serviceJennDined on 3/8/2014Food was delicious and service was great, as usual, but they forgot the bleu cheese on my Chicken, Bacon & Bleu Cheese pizza. If the ingredient is in the name of the dish, it should be there.
- Great nite outClassyDiner99Dined on 3/7/2014Grabbed a veggie burger for the lenten season, which was normally good - had a super stiff bun that could have totally thrown off my meal, but my server was able to fix it promptly. Otherwise, superb meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. LargepamjhanDined on 3/6/2014Food was excellent. Large interesting menu. Server was friendly and attentive, never seemed flustered or harried and they were very busy. Only complaint was close quarters and noisy since we were right next to a large table of drinkers. It made it difficult to converse with friends we were dining with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2014Friends who are rarely all together enjoyed a nice lunch ordering the lunch combos. All enjoyed the soup, but no comments were heard about the sandwiches. My salad was a bit limp. Dessert was simple, but elegantly presented. Service was quick and unobtrusive. We talked long after the meal. Waitstaff helped us take group pictures and continued to fill coffee cups and glasses and were very pleasant. Aside from a rather noisy atmosphere at the beginning of our time (noon), I think all participants would be eager to return.Special Features:
- Friendly service and great foodBigappleDined on 3/2/2014Destihl is a great spot to get a tasty meal. The wait staff is very personable and professional. Pad went there for Sunday brunch. The food was great, as was the service. The jalapeño bacon was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.