DeStefano's Steak House
89 Conselyea Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
DeStefano's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (718) 384-2836
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Golovin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is available on Mondays for private parties up to 34 people and for luncheons Tuesday through Sunday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Donatelli (718) 384 - 2836
A word from DeStefano's Steak House
DeStefano’s was established as a tribute to the DeStefano family and all those families that made the borough of Brooklyn and the Williamsburg community a great place to live. Our goal is to pay homage to the simple values of faith, family, and friends that are evidenced by the strong sense of unity in the Williamsburg community. It is with great pride and pleasure to serve nothing but the best of what life has to offer and to share with our guests a piece of Brooklyn’s history, as well as our own. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your dining experience. You’re one of the folks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DeStefano's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (32)romantic (28)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Steak cut with a butter knife!VinPicDined on 8/19/2014The steak was amazing and you didn't need a steak knife to cut it - a butter knife was all that was needed. It melted in my mouth. The side dishes were not very large, especially when we got the garlic mashed potatoes for two - and they were not the best I have ever had. But did I mention how incredible the steak was?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!DorothyMichaelsDined on 8/16/2014It's been a few since I've been to DeStefano's, but it was just as good as I remembered. Steaks were perfectly cooked, and the sides were delicious. I will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent!Franimal56Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to DeStefano's twice and it is by far our favorite restaurant. Excellent food, steaks are great, cooked to perfection, calm, comfortable atmosphere, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SteakMaggieVIPDined on 8/12/2014I've been coming here for a while and the food never ceases to amaze me. I've brought my friends for dinner and it blows their minds off. They all love the home feel and the food is just spectacular.Special Features:
- A little Neighborhood gemDjmadinochka79Dined on 8/10/2014Absolutely loved my first dining experience at Destefano's. Food was delicious, service was excellent and attentive and ambiance was perfect for my meeting with a coworker. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014I was here 2 Fridays ago & as usual was not disappointed. This visit my fiance & I opted for separate entrees, rather than sharing the Porterhouse. He had a veal chop (amazing!!) & I had filet mignon (slightly overcooked for medium rare - just a heads up). Next time I'm not sure if we will go back to Porterhouse or try other options...but I am sure that we will leave satisfied & happy!
- Brooklyn FirstEndo76DinesDined on 7/31/2014Chose DeStefano's while visiting our daughter. Steaks were as advertised...and we chose the 8 oz petite filet which was more than adequate for our appetites. The sides we're proportionately large and well prepared. Service was attentive but not spectacular or noteworthy. The noise level was disturbing with communication somewhat difficult. Overall however DeStefano's was a good experience and we'd probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014With no exaggeration at all this restaurant serves the best steak I have ever had. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. A real find. 10/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy comes to mind!YummyVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was delicious and we had impeccable service. The steak was also really good. My family and I had a nice time. We recommend it and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!Daughter6Dined on 7/25/2014We had porterhouse for two and it was superb! The cook knows what medium rare is and serves his food with pride. The personal service by the owner makes you feel like one of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Going to DeStefano's for dinner has always been a great experience and continues to exceed expectations. If you enjoy a relaxing ambience, with fantastic customer service from a management team that actually appreciates customers, coupled with one the best steaks and entrees you will find in Brooklyn or NYC, then I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The staff was attentive, but not overbearing or pretentious. We ordered the filets and they were cooked as we ordered and were very tender. We do not eat late so we arrived and were taken to our table when we arrived. We were tourists to New York from Ft. Lauderdale and were glad we had chosen this restaurant. If we visit New York again, we will again visit the restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in BrooklynchasDined on 7/20/2014DeStefano's in Williamsburg is off the beaten path but provides food and service on par with all the great NYC steakhouses.Special Features:
- ConsistentkokiddVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place never lets you down. Always good food, good service. Used Groupon with no problem.Special Features:
- Excellent!GreatDined on 7/18/2014Was a fabulous dinner---easily one of the top 5 steaks I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Best Steak I Ever Had!!!!QuanVNDined on 6/29/2014Started off with 2 slices of bacon along with a caeser salad. Bacon was delicious and huge portion, Caesar salad had way too much dressing, couldn't eat too much of that. Steak was cooked perfect, have never seen a steak so perfect, medium rear. It was absolutely delicious, girlfriend had the crab pasta, was also delicious. Too full for dessert so didn't have any. Would definitely reccommened this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time here, still so amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014My father and I enjoyed it very much, service was amazing. This was our second time eating here. And still had an amazing experience. I would definitely come again. The new York strip steak was so good. So goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice placeChrisfromBklynDined on 6/21/2014Me and my sister went out for dinner and everything was outstanding. The food was excellent as well as the service. Very nice feel to the place and would definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steakshoernchenDined on 6/20/2014we think in area of brooklyn it´s one of best steakhouses they have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeStefano's was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014We went to DeStefano's for dinner for the first time and had not been to Brooklyn in quite a while. We were not sure what to expect. What a pleasure to find that DeStefano's was quaint and had a family feel to it. The owner was extemely personable and very involved and obviously took great pride the food and the overall dining experience. The food... excellent. The wine was very reasonably priced and you got your money's worth on the delicious entrees. Steak, veal, lamb - all excellent. DeSetfano's gets a top rating - check it out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014Amazing experience. The steak was out of this world and the service was so friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Lovely new findEllen2k2dDined on 6/12/2014First time dinner w/ son in law! Very satisfying in every way...food, service, ambience. Honored groupon and had reservation ready! A perfect evening. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodBellaVIPDined on 6/10/2014Everything was great - service - food. Very toned down but obviously popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elliejerseyDined on 6/8/2014Great steaks and loved the portobello mushroom appSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food, exemplary serviceNebraskaTravelerDined on 6/7/2014Yes, it's pricey. But so good. We shared a Caesar salad which was perfectly prepared and enjoyed a dry-aged ribeye and petite filet. Cooked exactly right, very flavorful, delicious. Sides were green beans and home fries; both were delicious but next time I'd substitute something else for the fries - just to try whatever the knowledgeable, friendly waiter recommends. Coming from Nebraska, I know good steak and DeStefanos does it right. Lovely atmosphere. Used a groupon with no issues whatsoever. The restaurant was not crowded at all at 8 on a Saturday night - surprising. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Special TreatGreattimeDined on 6/6/2014If you are looking for a special occasion dining experience, try DeStefano's. I love this place because it has all the excellence of a great steakhouse without so much of the fanfare and surliness of some others. Great appetizers too; I particularly like the bacon slices and the Portobello mushroom.Special Features:
- huffmanHuffmanDined on 6/6/2014In the past three months I've tried each of there steaks,either one is excellent. There sauce with the filet is out of this world. Then again the steak speaks for itself. Great for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the DeStefano's Steak House reviews archive.
- Pretty Aweome!winstonDined on 5/31/2014The 12oz Filet was amazing. My girl got the Veal Chop and ive never seen or tasted anything like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Like SteakChappell3Dined on 5/30/2014I Loved this place. I'm from California visiting brooklyn. I ordered the petite filet mignon. It was soooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a steak!BigADined on 5/27/2014My daughter just moved to Williamsburg which I was told was a very hip, emerging part of town. We randomly found DeStfano's and what a find! The most amazing steak...and the most satisfying appetizers, salads, and sides. We pigged out and rolled out of there totally satisfied -- and with about half of our steak in a box! A tip of the hat to Joe, the owner. What a great guy!Special Features:
- OLD GEMAinslie123Dined on 5/24/2014We have lived in this neighborhood for almost six years and always wanted to try DeStefano's. Finally for my husband and son's birthday, we made a visit and were so happy with the choice for our celebration. The food was wonderful, the service was superb and the photos on the wall created a wonderful family atmosphere that felt both welcoming as well as historically engaging. It was a delightful experience and our doggy bag was much appreciated by the family dog - best bone ever!Special Features:
- Fabulous steaksMeatloverDined on 5/21/2014The best aged steaks. So tender you can cut with a butter knife. Side dishes very well done. Personable service. Enjoyed all the pictures on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLuv2dineDined on 5/15/2014DeStefano's was a great experience. Took my Boyfriend here for his Birthday because he loves a good steak and it lived up to his expectations. The Rib Eye was exceptional, tender and flavorful. The Lobster Ravioli was delicious and the petite Filet was superb! And the service was quick and friendly. Definitely would recommend this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- special niteHuffmanDined on 5/15/2014We were celebrating my daughter's graduation being a nurse. She said it was the best steak she ever had out. She also loved the potatoes,mine and hers. It was a special nite and John was the best host. When we got home we were planing our next visit. Thank you. BillSpecial Features:
- DeliciousgreenpointerDined on 5/15/2014It was great. My friends had steaks they said the rib eye was their favorite, and they really wanted more of it the very next morning they woke up. I had the fish as I don't eat steaks, the sauce on my fish was so good. All in a,l the sides were very good also. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who want to have a really nice dinner. I usually don't write reviews but this was really worth my time. We had a groupon and it was used without funny looks. LOLSpecial Features:
- YUM!NaiyamamaDined on 5/13/2014This is our second time here and they are constantly amazing! Husband had the rib eye (again) with fennel cuts with a butter knife needs NO additive salt or pepper or anything! On this occasion I chose the lobster ravioli and i could write a book about it. There were chunks i mean i saw full leg meat pieces in it! I sat there till i finished every single last bite not to miss anything! The price is a bit steep but you definitely get what you pay for! Its worth every penny!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mothers day diner.NikolayKDined on 5/11/2014Service was excellent. Food was delicious! A definite 5 stars. I was in steak heaven.Special Features:
- Poorly Cooked SteakWillDinnerDined on 5/10/2014Had the $90 porterhouse for two and was extremely disappointed. The meat was fine but the steak was raw in the middle on the filet side. To make it worse you could tell that some pieces on the strip had been taken out and cooked separately as they were well done through and through. Even after picking around the uncooked pieces I still ended up with an evening of stomach pain. This place is incredibly overpriced for what you get. Check out St Anselm or Lugers instead.
- Just as goodThatsamealDined on 5/6/2014The other night was looking for a good steak house to go to tired of all the big name ones in NYC being from Staten Island and not wanting to travel to New Jersey or manhattan on this spring night I decided to give Destefano's a try and the risk was well worth it what I found out is Destefano's steak house located in an up and coming Williamsburg is just as good if not better than the big name steakhouses in NYC with excellent and friendly service. from the thick sliced sweet and spicy bacon that is by the way better than Peter Lugers bacon to steaks that you can cut with a butter knife and nice atmosphere wide tables very clean not a stuffy steakhouse . My days of going to Lugers old homestead smith and wolinsky are over.now that's a mealSpecial Features:
- spectacular food.TabetoVIPDined on 5/6/2014if you are in the area, don´t miss it. Excellent Appetizers, perfect porterhouse. Could work in having a bar and a more updated decor. Wine list could be much better to pair with the great steaks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.