628 St Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.desivegasteaks.com/
- Phone: (504) 523-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Happy Hour in the lounge: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
featuring $5 Grey Goose and Crown Royal cocktails
Open for New Orleans Saints Home Games & select Mardi Gras Parades. Please check website for dates and hours.
CALL FOR LARGE GROUP RESERVATIONS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Muggsy Beals voted as one of the top 100 chefs in Las Vegas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our cocktail reception menu is priced to fit any budget and includes local dishes as well as some of chef's favorite creations.
There are 3 bar packages to choose from featuring house brands, call brands and premium brands that include liquor, beer and wine.
Our steaks are fetured on our seated menus and available for groups at lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Our ulta sleek lounge holds up to 125 for cocktail receptions. There are 8 flat screen TV's throughout the venue along with a spacious dance floor. The large dramatic white bar provides the perfect backround for enjoying a great cocktail or glass of delicous wine. Groups of sleek white leather seating and plenty of white leather barstools offer guests intimate conversational spaces. The dining area in the lounge seats up to 60 guests.
The picturesque restaurant boasts ceiling to floor windows along St Charles Avenue and Lafayette Square. It's dining room has a fabulous space for semi-private dining from 15 to 30 guests or the entire room will hold 100 guests for a seated dinner and 175 for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Vicky Bayley 5045237600x
- Entertainment: We offer entertainment before and after New Orleans Saints home games and special events.
- Special Events: We are open for all New Orleans Saints Home Games and selected Mardi Gras parades
Our Lounge "Prime Time Happy Hour" is Tuesday - Friday from 4 -7 pm
$1 meatball sliders and $5 Crown Royal and Grey Goose cocktails
A word from Desi Vega's
Voted Best New Restaurants "Class of 13" by New Orleans Magazine. Desi Vega is the restaurateur of Desi Vega's Steakhouse and Mr. John's Steakhouse. Both restaurants are consistently outstanding and locals' favorite place to "see and be seen". Desi grew up in the restaurant business and was groomed by Ella Brennan at Commander's Palace, Ruth Fertel of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Emeril Lagasse. His attention to detail and commitment to excellence makes for a truly memorable dining experience. Our USDA Prime steaks are carefully selected, hand-cut and aged for tenderness, then seared to perfection and served on a sizzling plate. The Who Dat Shrimp appetizer and Andouille-crawfish Mac & Cheese are favorite dishes of the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans players. We hope you'll visit to see for yourself!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Desi Vega's - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Desi Vega's reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (77)fit for foodies (69)scenic view (60)good for groups (52)hot spot (49)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Steak in New OrleansJlovesFoodDined on 11/19/2014The crawfish chowder was soooooo good! Flavorful steak cooked just right! Dessert was marvelous we had the bread pudding (such a huge portion) and the red velvet brownie - so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and VersatileSJP61Dined on 11/18/2014Food was outstanding. Filet mignon was superb. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAnteater25Dined on 11/15/2014Went to dinner with my wife for date. Food was incredible and service was fantastic. I will be going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JDTJDTIIDined on 11/15/2014Excellent meal, Excellent Service. The atmosphere was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Awesome!Masaro1Dined on 11/15/20141st time at desi vega was great! Every thing we ordered was delicious. Steaks cooked to perfection. Dessert is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful expeience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014The staff at Desi Vega's was amazing. Everyone stopped by to make sure we were doing ok. I mentioned it was our anniversary and again everyone stopped to wish us a Happy Anniversary and provided a complimentary dessert which was a fitting end to a wonderful meal. Best time and food we have had in the city in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't misslestercoeDined on 11/9/2014Just a great spot with great food. We changed our reservation a few times and they were SO accommodating. It's two days later and I'm still thinking about my steak. Just so good.Special Features:
- AddictingCreoleDinersDined on 11/8/2014The Who dat shrimp gotta have it. Calamari crispy and tender. Steaks are to die for. Ribeye w/ blue cheese crust and cowboy w/ Oscar topping craving them for days. Two entirely different flavors of meat, perfectly cooked. Sides: Asparagus and Freddie Mac 'n Cheese. Alfredo was our server and very attentive w/o being bothersome. Dining room is very loud towards the ftont and near the bar. Rear dining area is preferred. We can't wait to return. In fact, I've been conjuring reasons to return ASAP! The flavors still linger on my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2014Wednesday night out with friends, a party of eight, Desi Vega was very busy. Very attentive staff, good bar, great wine selection, interesting specials. I particularly enjoyed the heart of palm salad with crab meat. Large enough to share with my wife. The steaks, of course, were outstanding. We all had a great time, and to my surprise, the bill was more reasonable than I expected. I enjoy a lively restaurant, but the only drawback was that the noise level was a bit high for my taste.Special Features:
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014Desi Vega's is an excellent restaurant in a town full of excellent restaurants. I had the sizzling crabcake starter (wonderful) and the ribeye (tender & perfectly cooked). I liked the sizzling plate w/ butter (a la Ruth Chris) as my last bite of steak was as hot as my first. Everyone in our group raved about their steaks as well. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Dinner before gameJanRDined on 10/26/2014Absolutely GREAT! This IS the place before a night Saint's game. Wonderful staff to get us in and served on time. The steaks are delicious. NOBODY tailgates like Desi Vega's!Special Features:
- dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014This was our first visit, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Asolutely delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood dining spotNOLA4DinersDined on 10/21/2014Start with the appetizer special, add wine with your dinner entree and finish it off with desert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodKbb3Dined on 10/18/2014First time eating at Desi Vega's. Although we had a couple of things that were very different - Seafood cheesecake surprisinly good - the ribeye which we ordered medium rare was overcooked and the turtle soup was over salted to the point we could not eat it. Overall experience was nice and the service was very good. The Mac n Cheese side was yummy.Special Features:
- Desi Vega'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Initial visit to this restaurant for occasion of our anniversary. It was very good as regards attentive and friendly service. The food was outstanding w/ entrees including filet mignon and ribeye w/ mushrooms as side dish. It will not be our last visitSpecial Features:
- The service and food was amazingBambiVIPDined on 10/17/2014I am a New Orleanian but often frequent Mr. John's, Ruth Chris and Mortons. It was my first time at Desi Vega but certainly not my last. I was taking my boyfriend out for his birthday and wanted to try a different scene. A couple people recommended Doris Metropolitan but I chose Desi Vega and I'm so glad I did. Everything was absolutely amazing. From the time my guest and I arrived until we left. The food was wonderful. Everything was prepared to our liking. And our servers-Steven and Christopher- were fabulous. I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Nothing but great things to say about desi Vegas. Can't wait to go back. Filets were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy first timerlive2eat365Dined on 10/11/2014First time my girlfriend and I tried Desi Vega and it did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived until we leave, everything was superb. The soup I ordered was fresh and hot which you cannot find it anywhere else in restaurants today. I ordered the cowboy steak and my gf ordered a petite filet. Both were amazingly flavorful, melt in your mouth, and cooked to the right temperature which again, hard to get in restaurants today. We also had Crystal hot sauce onion rings and sweet mash potato souffle. Again, very very good. We will definitely be back to Desi Vega not only for the food but also for the beyond excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Food and service was great. Getting your vehicle after the great meal was frustrating. Only had one valet while many people were leaving to make a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to get steak temp rightcitykittyDined on 10/10/2014Perhaps it was an off night in the kitchen, but there were numerous complaints regarding steaks not being cooked as ordered. My steak was undercooked as well. After cutting into a piece of meat, one would expect a new steak as once its cut into, it is difficult to get a consistent temperature throughout steak. At these oruces it is unacceptable. The service was very good and it is a lovely space. They apparently added a frame shelf on one wall and it is hard to keep from knocking your head into it if you have to bend down and get your purse. My advice would be to move the awards to another location or hang on wall.Special Features:
- not just a steak housenicknameVIPDined on 10/10/2014After several visits this is one of our favorite places in New Orleans warehouse area. Great wines, excellent appetizers, steaks perfectly cooked, great seafood, you do not have to cross Poydras or Canal coming from uptown, and valet parking.Special Features:
- Celebrating Lunching LadiesLunchfancy504Dined on 10/6/2014Food was very very very good and service was excellent--staff very sweet and accommodating (with the exception of the hostess on this particular day). The owner/manager was in the restaurant as we were finishing up our celebratory lunch and did not charge us for the delicious dessert we shared. Had a non-red meat eater in our party, but there were lots of delicious options! Very good experience--would ABSOLUTELY go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014As always we had a GREAT time after the Saints win.Special Features:
- Reservation delayed for 1 hour.LomontesDined on 10/4/2014They delayed our seating for one hour after our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desi Vega'sVickDined on 10/3/2014The excellent service and very good food are what one expects in New Orleans. Our servers, Raymond and Thomas, were there when we needed them, and did not hover otherwise. They were personable, polite and professional. The noise level was a bit too loud at times, I don't like having to speak loudly to my table mate just to be heard. They made us feel as relaxed and unhurried. They also made sure to invite us to come back someday, which we would be happy to do so.Special Features:
- Great Steaks, Great LocationJazzbeaunolaDined on 10/2/2014We took a friend out for a birthday steak, and were just knocked out by this restaurant. Open, airy, great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a down night?TriguyDined on 9/27/2014Not our first meal at this restaurant but this meal fell short. The potatoes au gratin seemed like frozen and reheated. One of our steaks was not up to the quality I expected or received in the past. It was more of Outback quality rather than upscale steak house. This was a birthday celebration for my daughter and it just was disappointing evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience5fortide2Dined on 9/27/2014Can not express how amazing this dining experience was for my wife and me. All aspects from atmosphere, food and staff was a perfect 10. If you want to feel special, Desi Vegas is the place.Special Features:
- Desi Vega'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Everything was great. From the time we walked in till the time we left, we felt welcomed and received great service.Special Features:
- PrettyDined on 9/26/2014My food was just perfect. .If you are looking to ask for her hand perfect place to do it at.Great place to meet people. .as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great mealStcharlesfoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our anniversary, had a great meal. The service was top notch from start to finish, restaurant was quite accommodating. I had french onion soup, my girlfriend had the daily salad- which was a tasty combination of olives, cheese, tomatoes, crab- one of the best I've had in New Orleans, I was happy to eat half of hers, even though I normally avoid olives. We then split the porterhouse for two (highly recommended) and had a bottle of Orin Swift-Mercury Head cab (their wine list is short, but well chosen- if you're an Orin Swift fan, you will definitely appreciate the selection). Desi Vega's may not be the next Per Se or French Laundry, but they know what they do, and they do it exceptionally well.Special Features:
- First time but not last!Love2EatSteakDined on 9/23/2014I absolutely love the food,service and atmosphere here. I made reservations for 7:30. However, since we were ahead of schedule and in the area, the sweet hostess gladly took us an hour before reservation. I've been to Mr. John's before and I absolutely love it! Finally getting a chance to try Desi Vegas', I can't decide which place I like more. We each had a glass of red wine and ribeye. We received complimentary meatball as an appetizer and a complimentary to die for red velvet cake for my boyfriend's birthday. My first experience here was definitely memorable. Until we meet next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except for baked potatoOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014Almost everything was great - especially the service - thanks Alfredo! The atmosphere after a Saints game is so much fun. The steaks were perfect, the appetizers were perfect, but the baked potato tasted old. I won't get it again.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/19/2014Had dinner with my family on 9/19/24 and everything was spot on. Steaks cooked perfectly, Raymond our waiter was great and the evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK. Was expecting more.foodloversDined on 9/16/2014The steaks were very good as were the Crystal onion rings and the fried green tomatoes. We went there rather than the sister restaurant, Mr. John's, specifically for the lyonnaise potatoes that Mr. John's does not have. They were tough thick crispy slices of fried potatoes with very little onion in them. Would not recommend them. The baked potato was leathery. Our waiter seemed new, but did a pretty good job overall. Management did check on us fairly often to make sure we had everything. The location and the ambience are nice. Not disappointed that we tried it, and may try it for lunch. They brought us a little lagniappe of Desi's mother's meatball appetizer, which was excellent, and they said it is one of their lunch poboys.Special Features:
- PURE DINING AWESOMENESS!!!!NOLAeatzDined on 9/12/2014OK, New Orleans is FULL of GREAT restaurants. You have some that are ok, some are good, others are great and then you have Desi Vega's! This establishment is in a class by itself. It's a quaint little place with right amount of flair. No smoke and mirrors here, they aim to please their guests from start to finish and it's apparent. The level of PERSONAL service is second to none. We were PLEASANTLY surprised with a DELICIOUS complimentary meatball and ultra tender garlic french bread. IF this was preview of things to come we were REALLY in for a treat!!! We started with a succulent crab cake and Who Dat shrimp, followed by the Freddie Mac, Crystal hot sauce onion rings, ribeye oscar and marinated chicken. EVERYTHING WAS FLAWLESS!!!Special Features:
- Great Place to CelebrateBon50Dined on 9/12/2014Recently returned to Desi Vega to celebrate a friend's birthday and once again the service, food and atmosphere was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impossibly loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Could hear my date. Couldn't hear the waiter. Waiter apologized for the noise with out any prompting from us. Also, waited 30 min for our table despite a confirmed reservation. Food was VERY slow coming out of the kitchen. Steak was very good but not the best. We shared the porterhouse for two which came with which were heated to such a degree that 10 min into it mt date burned herself, and if I put my medium rare steak on it for more than an instant it cooked to medium or higher. Lastly I witnessed a waiter drop a knife on the floor when setting up a table. He seprrated it from the others for a little while, but eventually he set the table with it. In short, you won't get a bad meal, but I'm never coming back.
- A great restaurantlocalresDined on 9/5/2014We decided to try the restaurant after not being able to make reservations at Mr. John's Steakhouse (same owner). We were not disappointed with our choice. The food and service were outstanding. My husband had the filet and I had the grilled fish with crab topping. We both had a salad and decided that when we go back, we will split one as they were so large. We took food from our main courses home, but couldn't resist the chocolate bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong showingdingerDined on 9/5/2014I've been critical of Desi's place since the opening 18 months ago. Now that the rough spots have been ironed the place is running very well. The food and particularly the service have taken a decided turn upward. Everything we ordered was done well and the communication with the waitstaff was outstanding. I won't go into details, but I will simply say that Desi's is now after a number of mediocre visits truly starting to establish itself as a first line steakhouse with food, prices and service complimenting one another. Great evening. Well worth the money.Special Features: