deSha's American Tavern
11320 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
deSha's American Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://deshas.com/cincinnati
- Phone: 5132479933x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed Starting 4/21 Tuesdays- Sunday : Breakfast 7:30am - 10:45am , Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11am - 4:45pm, Dinner 5:00 - 9:00 PM
Friday -Saturday: Breakfast 7:30am - 10:45 am , Lunch 11:00 am - 4:45 pm, Dinner 5:00pm - 10:00 pm. Sunday: Breakfast 7:30am - 10:45, Lunch 11:00 - 3:30 pm .Open 4/20 for Easter Breakfast: 7:30am - 10:45am , Lunch: 11:00am - 3:45 pm . Dinner: 4:00pm- 8:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thom Milliken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in the Grill every Friday and Saturday beginning at 7:30pm.
- Special Events: We have over 18 years of experience with private parties and our team will work closely with you to create a memorable and one-of-a-kind event. Our four private dining rooms are perfect for a variety of events including birthday parties, business meetings, rehearsal dinners, holiday and retirement parties, anniversary celebrations and other special occasions.
We are passionate about providing you and your guests with excellent food, drink and hospitality in an original and authentic atmosphere. Our private dining coordinator will assist you with the details and make recommendations to help you plan a menu that will more than satisfy your guests. deSha’s also specializes in tastings. We can work with you to create a wine, scotch, bourbon or beer tasting that will make your event unforgettable.
Private Dining Coordinator: Tina Morris
A word from deSha's American Tavern
Located in the northern Cincinnati suburb of Montgomery, deSha's is known for savory American entrees and warm hospitality. We have an extensive offering of beer, wine, scotch, craft cocktails and specialize in top-barrel bourbons that can be enjoyed in our dining room or in the bar. It’s a great place to dine, drink and gather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
deSha's American Tavern - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
deSha's American Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Nice meeting held at Da Sha'sFOODIECHER1VIPDined on 8/25/2014A bunch of gals had a great meeting here, We had drinks and a few of us had greatr spinach salads.as very attentive It was enjoyable. Our server Monica; was very efficient. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerLocalDinerDined on 8/19/2014Dined at De Sha's for my birthday dinner with family and had a great meal. We had a table by the windows which added a special touch. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. Would recommend this restaurant for celebrations or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLovetoeatoutDined on 8/15/2014Our group of 6 requested outside seating, but instead were put by the band area. We were told they started at 8, and planned to be finished by then, but hey started at 7:30... And warmed up from 7-7:30! We could not talk... Food was ok, service was fine. Had we been seated outside as requested in reservation, evening would have been fine... But a big band in a small space is not a good mix for dining. Even had the food been delicious, the experience would have still been frustrating.
- Delightful lunch at DaSha'sFOODIECHER1VIPDined on 8/14/2014My girlfriend and myself had a delicious lunch here as usual. The server JJ was very friendly and efficient. It is one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timechick71VIPDined on 8/13/2014It is a very nice restaurant, the food was good but our service was a bit slow. We were there for dinner on a Wednesday and it was not busy so not sure why our waitress was slow bit she was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacked service and marginal foodneedtodobetterDined on 7/18/2014We have dined here before, and this time we were disappointed in the service and the food preparation. We had ordered an appetizer along with dinner and never showed up. My wife ordered a glass of wine and when the server brought it to the table it resembled something you would get on an airplane. It was a small bottle that had to be opened and the server had trouble opening it. No cork just a twist off cap. The prime rib my wife was ordered medium, and when it was presented it was medium-rare and was tough. Not at all like our previous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeFoodloverDined on 6/28/2014Food and service were very good. I would call it a very low key kind of restaurant. Server was very attentive. We go for the buttermilk fried chicken, although they changed it a bit, but is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- depatee1Dined on 6/21/2014everything was good.there needs to be more lighting on the inner booth's.not many people there on a sat.night? should split spinach salad into individual serving.my wife and i split one (put into separate bowels,nice touch) was enough for each of us. we would come back.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversGlenVIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service and food. Live music on Friday night. You can always count on a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't fail to pleasedandjDined on 6/10/2014We enjoyed our evening. The server was efficient without being obtrusive, and the pace of the meal was relaxed. They have a decent by the glass wine selection. The food was good, although one of the 3 steaks at our table was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why did they change the chicken?mytasteDined on 6/6/2014Our favorite fried Buttermilk chicken breast with mashed potatoes and an amazing bacon gravy has changed to 3 dry chicken tenders with what tasted like instant potatoes and no gravy. Terrible mealSpecial Features:
- Great optionsWineTimeDined on 6/3/2014Great place to go every week or on a special occasion, two bars with different feels. Love to Polo Bar, cozy and great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent.Review060214Dined on 6/3/2014My food was very disappointing. I ordered the bbq chicken with mashed potatoes and green beens. The green beans were cold, the mashed potatoes dry and luke warm, and the chicken lukewarm and tough. And not what I expected. It was more like chicken fingers with bbq sauce splashed on them. Not recommended.
- greytiwsDined on 5/15/2014Fairly reasonably priced food with great service, served in a room where you can have a peaceful discussion over lunch. Wide variety to choose from.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Food at DeSha's is well worth the trip. Bar area is very busy...and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!VickiDined on 5/2/2014This was our first time dining at Desha's and we were pleasantly surprised with the experience. We were with 3 other couples and we were seated at a round table which worked out perfectly for conversation! Our waitress was very good and very pleasant. I had a pomegranate sangria and my husband had a draft beer. They had a pretty good selection on tap. My sangria was great! For dinner, I had the salmon and my husband had the tilapia. Both were very good! I also had a house salad with the balsalmic vinaigrette dressing which I enjoyed immensely. We will definitely go back if we have the opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 188 reviews are from the deSha's American Tavern reviews archive.
- Good food with nice atmosphereJohnBeeDined on 4/17/2014Food was nicely prepared and restaurant is casual but had an upscale feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menuedccVIPDined on 3/19/2014menu has not really changed in years. needs review and updating
- great signature drinksjodyw83Dined on 2/26/2014I last minute decided to try this place with my husband. The menu was a little limited. I would have liked to see more seasonal options on the menu at a place like this. The food we got was great. The best takeaways were the signature cocktails and the desserts. Both delicious! Overall, it was a great experience. Great ambience and a nice, affordable, dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open TableSchmoozerDined on 2/14/2014When I went online to make reservations, Open Table would not let me reserve for 7 people but would let me reserve for 6. I almost cancelled but thought I would try it. When I got to the restaurant they were easily able to accomodate my 7th person so I don't recommend Open Table for groups larger than 6. The food and service were great, waiter was very personable. We enjoyed the lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VALENTINE EVEgoodfoodDined on 2/13/2014My wife and I both had the special steak dinner and we were very pleased with our meal.Special Features:
- Had the chicken salad andmwallace3544VIPDined on 2/13/2014Had the chicken salad and it was very good. Service was great. Think it would be a great dinner place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm not sure why it's beenCjg13VIPDined on 2/9/2014I'm not sure why it's been so long since we were last here, but we were pleased with our recent visit. We started with Goetta Cheese Fries as an appetizers, which were delicious. The wife loved her KY Hot Brown and I really enjoyed my Pulled Pork Sandwich, and our son really liked his Biscuits and Grits, which was a daily special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningJohnDined on 2/8/2014Hadn't eaten at deSha's for a while. Went on an early Saturday evening. Not too crowded when we arrived but was when we left. Our waitress was very good and friendly without being obtrusive. My wife had the prime rib which she liked and I had the jumbalaya which was good and a carryover from the Polo Grill. For dessert my wife had the crime brûlée. She liked it. I thought it had an off taste to it. I had the bread pudding which was better than I expected. Overall, an enjoyable dinner..Special Features:
- Saturday night bandLovelandDined on 2/1/2014We met friends that we had not seen in a while for dinner. What we didn't know was that a band started playing in the bar at 8:00pm. Although the band was very good, the entire resturant can hear it. Unfortunate for us, we could barely hear ourselves. It kind of ruined the rest of our group dining experience. I felt it was way to early to start such a loud band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, and amazing menuLebafornianDined on 1/18/2014Great food, and amazing menu options. SO many things i want to try its hard to decide what to get! Very friendly for children & babies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningRetired03Dined on 1/8/2014My husband and I were celebrating my 65th birthday. It was so nice to enjoy an evening of wonderful food, service and QUIET surroundings. So many restaurants have music cranked up so high that you can hardly speak with the people at your table. We will always look forward to dining at deSha's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great as wasalan93Dined on 12/31/2013The food was great as was the service. We both expected the dill pickle to be on the side and not on the sandwich though. I thought the soup cup was rather small for the price. Also I had trouble eating my fish in the bowl shaped plate. I would have rather the fist been on a flat plate. I had to move it to my bread plate to be able to cut it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013From the moment we were welcomed until we left was a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Boring Lunch for my 92 year FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2013Made a special reservation to take my 92 year old friend out for a "Special Christmas Lunch". I am a frequent customer. Both business and causual..Usually ask for seat down at the Pond. My friend is having some walking problems, So I ask for a booth in the main dining room. We were on time... Seated in the Bar area. Drafty... Not one Christmas decoration. Not any other people. The waitress was good/cordial. NO CHRISTMAS AMBIENCE. Actually No ambience at all. Listened to a man waiting, talking to his family on his cell phone (loud) for at least 20 minutes. Was told they had a party reservation ... I am sure there was some other place in your restaurant more desireable. Disapointed. Carol Pelosi.. 513 576 6024.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Tavern-esque RestaurantSarahVDined on 12/17/2013The ambiance of the restaurant reminded me of a tavern or lodge, which I loved. The food was awesome, and there was a great variety of options (ranging from burgers, to filet minion, to fish and chips) including some unique and hard to find items (such as goetta cheese fries). There was also a nice range in prices. I would definitely recommend it and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedBoxerVIPDined on 12/14/2013Had a good meal this night. Usually this place is just average but tonight it was much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 people in our groupLizardDined on 11/27/2013Everyone ordered something different and all were please with their choices! A rare treat.Special Features:
- Thunder MugDaveDined on 11/22/2013We were at dSha's to enjoy a local Cincinnati rock band, Thunder Mug. We were pleased to see the solid menu offerings and the good Happy Hour values.....we had dinner. While the food was good, some of the meals offered a 'good value', while others did no offer a 'good value't. With that said, the food was good, but when judging value, not only must food be good, but portions and cost should be aligned, too --- therein we find room for improvement.Special Features:
- Very disappointedDonnaDined on 11/16/2013We came there for our 25th wedding anniversary with another couple. It took almost 1/2 hr. from the time we sat down until we actually received our first drink. I ordered prime rib. When it came, I was a taken aback. It looked like a glob of fat & very little meat, which is what is was. I would have sent it back but our waiter was not very attentive and I was starving by that time. The other meals were just OK. Nothing spectacular. Also, on open table, we mentioned we wanted a table near where the band would be playing since they were our friends and that we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We were seated at a table as far as away from the band as possible I think, and no one from the staff acknowledged our anniversary.Special Features:
- AttentivebrainsDined on 11/9/2013Staff were attentive, food and presentation, price / value met expectations of the four of us. Nice setting in a non-rushed manner. Sadly, at 7:30 pm.,on a Saturday evening, the day's entrée special had already been depleted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are alwaysouttoeatVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food and service are always fantastic!! Been going to Desha's now for 20 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All American menu that satisfiesCoriDined on 10/24/2013All American menu that satisfies the foodie interests without getting over complicated or chic-cuisine. Food was excellent, especially the soups. Look forward to going back to try more of the menu- it was hard to decide with so many tantalizing options. The goetta fries were a top contender! Loved the warm wooded ambiance and layout of the restaurant. Extremely comfortable. Didn't know anything about this restaurants, and it has taken a top spot for great everyday dining.Special Features:
- Great Night with Friends on the DecKarenCVIPDined on 9/26/2013Had a wonderful time with friends seated on the outside deck by the pond. A beautiful setting. We enjoyed a variety of meals, from soup and salads, sandwiches and the special of the day. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- Great night!tjboaterDined on 9/21/2013Had a great night and enjoyed the Walleye special. Didn't know they had music now. Will have to try the bar next time. Thank you for doing Open Table. Love that feature!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.