696 Osborne Street
Winnipeg, MB R3L 2B9Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://deseobistro.com/
- Phone: 2044522561x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Contemporary French, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Scott Bagshaw
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We can design a tailor-made menu for your function based on your guest list, budget and dietary needs. We can do on-site or off-site events. Please email us at email@example.com to talk about the details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are a 2 floor restaurant. We can offer a private dining room upstairs or downstairs, depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen 2044522561x
A word from Deseo Bistro
Chef Scott’s history in kitchens has included Asian, Italian, molecular gastronomy, and head-to-hoof eating, all built on the foundation laid by his French training. Now, at Deseo Bistro, he endeavors to create comfort food that is equal parts delicious and inventive, using high quality ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deseo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (56)romantic (37)hot spot (33)good for groups (32)late-night find (19)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- fabulous dining experienceoutoftowndinersDined on 9/3/2014My family celebrated my birthday with excellent food and drinks. It was a truly exquisite dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Sure glad we tried Deseo the other night. It came highly recommended, and it didn't disappoint. Our waitress was phenomenal, as she suggested how much to order, and explained what everything was when she brought it out. She even helped my wife pick out her favorite cocktail on the menu. Can't wait to go back and bring some friends with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deseo Bistro always greatRuudDined on 8/30/2014Having visited Deseo Bistro several times in the past, it was one again a pleasure to return. The food was great, the service excellent. It was rather noisy, but that may be expected on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food.Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014Staff were incredibly attentive-from the hostess, to the servers, to the bussers. Dishes were an interesting combination of flavours and textures, and presentation complimented the dishes. Warm wood, and contemporary art and lighting, made for a casual but somewhat refined dining experience. We will definitely return to try some of the other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is CaringicanalwayseatDined on 8/29/2014Deseo Bistro is an amazing restaurant for those looking for unique and incredibly flavorful dishes. From the warmed olives to the marinated cold octopus. With it's shareable menu, it's perfect for date night and amazing for groups. I would highly recommend this restaurant to all foodies out there looking for a notable and pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- My new favorite in WinnipegATCerDined on 8/28/2014If you've been to Deseo then you need no explanation. If you haven't been then you need to go. The food we tried ranged from fantastic to ridiculous. The crunch salad, octopus and chicken were fantastic dishes and would normally be raved about on their own. However, once we tried the gnocchi and the goat cheese cake dessert we almost forgot about the other dishes. The menu is designed for sharing even as a couple. Follow your servers lead and you won't be disappointed. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againOneandOneDined on 8/25/2014We've dined at Deseo Bistro in he the past and they continue to impress. Great selections and suggestions. 5 or 6 plates between the three of us was more than we needed, but we did clean our plates. Great job..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSmokyguyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had supper at Deseo. You have to treat the meals like tapas style and order a number of plates. Food is on the pricey side, but well worth it. Every dish we had great flavours and we savoured every bite! Highly recommend the short ribs and the beet salad.Special Features:
- My taste buds thank you.JohnnyDavidsonDined on 8/22/2014Took my girlfriend for dinner. The cured Tuna special melted in our mouths. The crunch salad was amazingly fresh and tasty. Also had the pork belly and chorizo and figs. Presentation was great and the flavours were incredible. Great service too! Will be back again and again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDinnerDined on 8/20/2014Food lacked imagination and taste... Other than lots of salt and sugar. Very poor value.
- Deseo deliverstheclevercoupleDined on 8/19/2014Time and time again, Deseo delivers great food and exceptional service. What a gem. The "black" gnocchi, the buttermilk smoked chicken and the crunch salad are favourites. Not to mention the goat cheese cheese cake that is unique and a taste sensation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but ....GrommetDined on 8/15/2014It was way too loud for me as I am hearing impaired and wear aides. Was not packed but was still uncomfortably loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall - pretty darn good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This was our first trip to this restaurant. Overall, the food was excellent. Some very interesting dishes, very creative with excellent with excellent diversity and combinations, even for the fussiest palate. The food is served tapas style and I found the dishes a bit pricey. Appetizer size portions for dinner size prices. The service, although pleasant, was not particularly attentive and it wasn't very busy. We had to ask for clean plates and the waitress didn't bring last glass of wine for over 10 minutes and we were almost finished our meal. One of my dining companions order a Moscow Mule (traditionally vodka and ginger beer) but it was was served with what seemed to be fresh ginger, giving it an unusually strong taste.Special Features:
- Always excellent foodholiDined on 8/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant. Because of its popularity with a somewhat younger crowd who seem to enjoy louder music, I try to go for late lunches and early dinners which we did this time. We were the only people for dinner at 5. The staff were responsive to my request for more calming music. Thank you. Food was excellent. Service prompt and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineDined on 8/7/2014The gnocci with black garlic, black boar, black truffle was fantastic, and I heartily recommend it. Buttermilk friend chicken was great as well. Flourless chocolate cake w/ chili and sea salt was amazing as well, and one plate was a good portion for sharing.Special Features:
- Terrific...As UsualDanceMomDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th visit to Deseo, and we were not disappointed. This time I tried seared scallops with eggplant puree and the warm beet salad, both were delicious. My daughter had the Mac & Cheese, her favorite--she does not share it! We then shared and devoured the chocolate cake with sea salt and olive oil. Service was attentive, informed and friendly. We have always had great dining experiences when at Deseo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deseo BistroyummytummyDined on 7/30/2014I have always had a pleasant time in this quiet little hole in that that has turned into a gem in my eyes. The food was outstanding, I have yet to have a dish I didnt enjoy. The service was prompt & but not in your face. All around it was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- You want to savour each biteLaurBar77Dined on 7/30/2014Our most difficult task was deciding what to order; it is all so good. Once the food arrived to our table we were entranced. Even the Brussell sprouts which people typically have childhood trauma over, were simply marvelous. The service is very friendly and accommodating. A great restaurant in a great little neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We really enjoyed the food- especially the crunchy salad and the cheesecake ! ! !Special Features:
- oh so delicious!deliciousDined on 7/26/2014I absolutely enjoyed my first dinning experience at Deseo and that is what it was.... an experience. The food was spectacular: imaginative and complex. The small plates allowed to sample a variety of dishes and flavours. Wonderful Service definitely enhanced the experience. The waiter was engaging and friendly, knowlagable which lend itself to offering suggestions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The small plates are the way to go. This restaurant combines ingredients, flavors and textures in such interesting ways that you wish to have more than one "run" at what they can do. The wait-staff was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Small PlatesAJH12065Dined on 7/22/2014Everything was outstanding. Easily as good as anything I have had in New York or other "big cities". Bravo.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service at Deseo is top notch. You always know the food and service will be fantastic!Special Features:
- MmmmmAJHTDined on 7/14/2014Service fantastic. Bartender thoughtful and charming. Food delicious. Gnocci a bit salty but soooo yummy. Scotch and wine perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum YumMikeDined on 7/12/2014The food and service at Deseo Bistro are top of the line for the city of Winnipeg. The prices are reasonable for this level of quality. I'll hit it again before I leave town.Special Features:
- superb findfoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014from the second we were greeted by the fun and creative hostess, till we walked out the door,,,,everything in between was spectacular! the food, the waiter, his care to describe, to check on us, the amicable and obvious good chemistry of the various staff,,,,did i mention the FOOD? i would go back in a heartbeat,,,if only i lived there!Special Features:
- Tasty but not fabulouspickytastebudDined on 7/5/2014I was hoping that supper would be out of this world, based on the prices, but was not really impressed with the dishes. Too much emphasis on heavy sauces and purees which seemed to repeat themselves in all our dishes. At a Bistro, you want to leave remembering particular flavours and exciting pairings, but nothing was overly memorable. The eggplant was the most interesting dish we ordered, and the sablefish was nice as well. Everything was cooked perfectly, it just lacked that wow factor. Loved the cocktail list though!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent food and service. We live in the neighbourhood. The food and service keep us coming back.Special Features:
- Outstanding servicefred1955Dined on 7/2/2014Great restaurant for sharing tapas! The service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small bites-big tasteBellyhappyDined on 6/30/2014We enjoyed our experience very much. We ordered small bites and were not disappointed. Our favorites were the scallop and mushroom dishes. The service was attentive yet discrete. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down faveDLFoodie722Dined on 6/28/2014Ordered 7 dishes which was shared between 4 people. Was never let down once. The menu is always consistent (been there twice) with THE BEST service. Menu changes and stays fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Deseoluv2shareDined on 6/28/2014Food and service was excellent. Server was friendly and excellent in suggesting portions and food choices for tapas. Only downside to dining on a Saturday evening is it is extremely noisy. If noise is a factor then go on a Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WolfstoneDined on 6/28/2014fabulous food. Each small bite was so flavourful that I had to eat very slowly. I will be back for special occasions.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Awesome food -so interesting! We had an out if town guest who thoroughly enjoyed herself. We were able to have a lovely two hour lunch catching up . So relaxing! Will defiantly returnSpecial Features:
- Old Fashioned to die for :)jfra1379Dined on 6/23/2014Their mixologists behind the bar are very skilled. The food was well presented, quickly served by very pleasant and attentive servers, a great experience. Attracts a few annoying hipsters, no doubt, but everything else makes up for it. :)Special Features:
- A favouriteMattDined on 6/21/2014Love this place. The portions on the small bites menu are great for sharing. The signature dishes are fast becoming the gnocchi, Brussel sprouts, fried chicken, and sweetbreads.Special Features:
- Deseo DeliverstheclevercoupleDined on 6/21/2014Once again, Deseo delivered great food, good service and a relaxed atmosphere. At Deseo, we always feel we are in good hands; the staff are welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is creative and always delicious. Our server recommended the King Salmon special with risotto and it was wonderful. Deseo is the real deal; there is no pretension and attempt at being something they are not. Everyone who works there is comfortable with one another; no side glances or tension anywhere. What a great place to dine!Special Features:
- Great concepthipsterreviewsDined on 6/20/2014Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. However there was a huge reliance on bacon/pork in most of the dishes. It became very heavy and overwhelming. I will say we came with 6 people and did order most of the dishes. My guess is that you wouldn't taste so much bacon if you didn't order so many dishes. But what else are you supposed to do with a menu meant to be shared? Our server was also far from professional which made dampened the experience. And she forgot one of the last dishes. Lastly, the desserts were a dissapointment. Our goat cheese cake topped with granola was no more than jazzed up special K.Special Features:
- Not My First ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Deseo is not my first choice for either the food or the atmosphere. I find the main floor gloomy, and while the upstairs is a bright space, I the find the design unpleasing. There are much better restaurants when it comes to food and atmosphere. The restaurant needs an interior redesign and refurbishment. I had been somewhat disappointed with the food each time I have been to Deseo. I enjoyed the atmosphere and food much more in the Albert Street location. I live close to the Osborne Deseo location, and because it is convenient and because I want to support neighbourhour businesses, I wish that I enjoyed going there. But, I will probably opt to go downtown to places where I will enjoy the food and atmosphere more than I do at Deseo.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014The Crunch Salad is excellent. Have it everytime I eat there. The short ribs were tender and flavourful. Definitely recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.