Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Dinner service starting at 6:00 pm
On behalf of the entire deseo team, we thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Deseo is the ideal location for hosting your private parties, corporate dinners, and special events with incredible food and intimate ambiance in a beautiful resort. Due to popular demand, deseo is now open on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in February 2009 for parties and events only. Deseo Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid and his team have created a wonderful new set of menus specifically designed for large parties, and our on-site group dining reservations manager is able assist in booking and also planning additional needs for events. To plan your group dinner at deseo, please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Special Events: For special events or large group dining inquiries, please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Showcasing imaginative Nuevo Latin cuisine, deseo’s (deseo is Spanish for “desire”) menu features a distinctive and skillfully blended combination of flavors to create delicious dishes that are bold and intriguing. This style of cooking takes traditional Latin American dishes and reinvents them using European and American cooking techniques and often non-traditional ingredients. The perfect start to dinner at deseo is to “descansar” or “relax” with a freshly created cocktail at the adjacent Muddle Bar, which specializes in blending fresh fruits (mango, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and more) with fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, mint and more) along with your favorite spirit for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)special occasion (66)romantic (43)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (22)scenic view (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- DirectorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014There a 3 areas bar, a food counter/restaurant area and outdoor. All nicely appointed, good service and food to match. The drinks are a bit weak. You have to get a double for a true on the rocks and I object to that as a result drinks are $17 and that is too much.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantSeattlePhilDined on 10/19/2014The other reviews have said it all. We had the Seafood Combo Ceviche (shared), the Kobe Beef Staek (not shared but would in the future), Asparagus (shared) and the Chocolate Cigar for dessert (shared). We were satiated and left with smiles on our faces. Highly recommended. Our server Michael was very attentive and observant -- a gem.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Best restaurant I've been to thus far. I had the lamb chops, and they were to die for. My husband had the Kobe beef and absolutely loved it. He mentioned he wanted to go back. He is never impressed by a restaurant. He eats gluten free and the dinner roles are gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out for localsgamblingmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is one of our favorite places in Scottsdale for a great dining experience in a wonderful resort setting.Special Features:
- a favorite!SueSmilesDined on 10/18/2014Very unique menu, many dishes inspired by south American cuisine. Also fantastic options even for those who are gluten-intolerant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Resturant!MayaDined on 10/10/2014We had great fish dish, it was the chillian sea bass and the kampachi was good as well!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealLoveToWineDineTravelVIPDined on 10/9/2014I'm always hesitant eating at hotel's restaurants (Deseo is in the Westin) but Deseo was WONDERFUL. Beautiful atmosphere (you can eat inside or outside) and the food was wonderful. Would def go back the next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Ceviches for dinnerNotEnufTimeDined on 10/8/2014Three of us dined at Deseo. Two had ceviches for dinner (small appetites). I had the Rainbow ceviche, and it was perfect. The size was perfect and it tasted wonderful. The fish was fresh. The presentation was nice. They would make great appetizers, but might be a little awkward to share. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice, and the service was nice as well. Our poor waiter had to find the right balance between providing good service and letting friends who haven't seen each other for awhile catch up. He managed. Dessert was interesting and eclectic. They almost seemed like well-done versions of things talented chefs might create in the Chopped kitchen. I'd return to try the other ceviches, but unfortunately, I live in PA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MarkusVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was our 4th or 5th time at Deseo ... we make a point of dining here whenever we're visiting the area. Once again, the combination of flavors, the creative presentation and the taste of the food was outstanding. Service is impeccable. Can't say enough good things about Deseo - it is truly a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st time and not disappointed1sttimerDined on 10/6/2014Chosen because we had not tried yet, type cuisine, very high approval rating, good reviews. We were not disappointed. The food & service were very good. The entrees were delicious, of good portion, presented; I had lamb cutlets; we also had the pork tenderloin. One in are party inquired about a vegan dish and the waiter quickly indicated that the chef could prepare a vegan dish which he did, and I was told that it was very good; it looked very tasty. After dinner we passed on dessert because we had a birthday cake at home; the waiter disappeared for a short time and returned with a wonderful surprise birthday dessert; a chocolate cigar, chocolate mousse, and fondant placard with "Happy Birthday" on it. We will certainly eat at Deseo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has such interesting dishes; I always get something different and they have all been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent server. Personable, knowledgeable and did not push ordering dinner - allowing us to enjoy our wine and appetizers at a nice pace. The assistants need to hover more discreetly. Excellent food and wine list. The Frits looked and smelled wonderful but too greasy for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent End to Restaurant WeekTwoFoodLoversDined on 9/27/2014My companion & I were excited to try Deseo during Restaurant Week. While the food was quite exciting, the wine pairings were truly out of this world. As somebody with dietary allergies, I was thrilled that our server did not need to be reminded of my concerns: my needs were mentioned at the time that the reservation was made, and that was it. Despite necessary modifications to our meal, the food was brilliant. Every course was colorful, visually appealing, and delicious. Flavors were blended in daring ways, and every detail was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAZlily12Dined on 9/27/2014We were there for Restaurant Week. It was excellent and the service was great. This may not be the most important thing, but the bread was incredible. Try the ceviche. There were several kinds.Special Features:
- Desire itDGinAZDined on 9/24/2014Always a great restaurant, one of the best in town on a consistent basis.Special Features:
- Just OKCPatersonDined on 9/23/2014Food presentation is very nice but the mains tasted very buttery and cloying.
- AmbianceTastyArtFareDined on 9/23/2014Love the "rail" ambiance. This is, of course, where you sit right where the action is occurring and watch the crew of cooks create little works of art that are as beautiful as they are delicious. The talented crew work seamlessly together with mutual respect and a genuine friendship is felt by all present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cuisine and WinesHertyDined on 9/22/2014Very interesting menu. Wonderful food - well prepared. Try the wine recommendations. South American cuisine and wines. Outstanding evening. Will definently return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewmarkyDined on 9/20/2014service was poor for a high end restaurant. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Food and ServiceTruckeeDined on 9/20/2014Everytime we dine here, we wonder why we don't come more often. Love the food, setting and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need deseo in your life!FoodieTDined on 9/19/2014You need to go here and you need to order everything at least once! The prices are reasonable for the quality and presentation and for the life of me I can't sort out why it isn't busier all the time! The service is unbelievable and the staff have a passion for the food and make intelligent food recommendations. I've taken business associates, dates, and family here and all have loved this place! Do yourself a favor and at very least get out of your typical foodie comfort zone and go to deseo... You don't even have to make it to the entrees, the appetizers are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious & guiltfree!CaptainHydroDined on 9/19/2014We met friends at Deseo for a wonderful Restaurant Week experience. Lots of great seafood options, very tasty and guiltfree, i.e. lots of healthy options! We loved the 2 types of ceviche and the mahi mahi entree was both scrumptous and interesting. We will definitely be back to Deseo. We are lucky enough to live nearby and can add it to our favorite neighborhood haunts.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise!xpnsive1Dined on 9/19/2014This was a last minute date night and it was a very pleasant surprise. The service and atmosphere are great, but the food was the star of this night out! They are known for their Ceviche so we tried a couple of different ones; Rainbow - white soy/ citrus/ sesame seeds/ pickled jalapeno which was very good! The best was the Mixto Clasico - lobster/ shrimp/ scallops/ calamari/ octopus. crab/ red onion/ sweet potato!! Entrees did not disappoint either the Yuca-Wraped Dorado al ajillo - mahi mahi/ shrimp/ aramath/ shaved calamari/ roasted garlic and the Puerco Rico - nimen ranch pork tenderloin/ lechon empanadilla/ kale and giant white beans. Dessert wowed us... the Chocolate Cigar - chocolate espuma/ cappucino gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- set the tone for restaurant weekPhneeDined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal, fantastic value. Chose this as the kickoff to Fall Restaurant Week 2014. There were four options offered in the appetizer and main course categories and two desserts. The portions were extremely large, the food was beautiful and tasted incredible. The wine paring was interesting and well done - perfectly paired with our courses including dessert. I highly recommend Deseo for AZRW or any occasion.Special Features:
- Great food & Knowledgeable StaffBIllBDined on 9/14/2014Always good to get out of your comfort zone!!! Really good food with thoughtful presentation. Waitstaff very competent and social. Really nice wine list - something in all price ranges.Special Features:
- RAMFRDined on 9/6/2014Good ambience, excellent service, food was a bit complex, too busy for our taste, but good. Appetizer portions could be a bit more robust.Special Features:
- lovelyLuvtoeatDined on 9/5/2014Had a wonderful dinner, delicious food, view of kitchen was fun! Would return again with friends.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Innovative food wonderfully prepared. Excellent service. Wine could be stored at a bit cooler temperature but a very notable wine list and well paired with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMssybrittyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had a groupon for here. First time here, we will be back. Got a lot of food for the price.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and foodLolliVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lamb cutlets were delicious and the tres ceviches was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Really super!FoodDocVIPDined on 7/22/2014Genuine flavors that you do not find at most Valley restaurants. I had the flight of Argentine wines, 3x 2oz pours, they were great! Best lamb chops I've had in town. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Great find for the non-traveler!!AzroadieVIPDined on 7/21/2014I think most of us tend to only go to hotel restaurants when we're staying at the hotel. Please don't let this habit dissuade you from going to this gem of a restaurant! The food is fantastic and provides a unique experience into Latino fare by adding less common ingredients to typical dishes with delicious results. The cigar dessert is a MUST simply for the beautiful presentation...and, of course, it tastes great too!Special Features:
- Overrated and overpriced.Kris79Dined on 7/20/2014We had a good dining experience. The food was good, but nothing outstanding, except maybe the chocolate cigar desert. Would not come back for dinner as we can easily have more delicious food elsewhere, and not necessarily pay as much. The service was great, and the ambiance was right.Special Features:
- Good expreienceLove2eatfromNDDined on 7/20/2014We went to this restaurant because we were staying at the Westin.U fortunately it was too hot outside to eat. The food was high end Latin and good. We enjoyed the experience and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foot delightZalbaDined on 7/19/2014Always exciting to try new dishes, all in our party were impressed with food mad service..Special Features:
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Deseo is always wonderful! The atmosphere is warm and the menu is fun and creative! The Millionaire Tacos never disappoint - as well as the shrimp appetizer. The beef tenderloin is wonderfully spicy!Special Features:
- DejavuClancyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food and service good but not great, it is time to rethink décor and menu.
- interesting cuisine, poor serviceLNemVIPDined on 7/15/2014The latin cuisine at this restaurant is innovative, with complex flavor profiles. The downside was the service. Deseo got ranked by Wine Enthusiast and Wine Spectator, so we choose it expecting a great wine experience. The wine list was limited, but the big downside was that it offered no descriptions of the wines, the restaurant appeared to not have a sommelier, and our waiter appeared to know nothing about the wines. He recommended a Malbec blend, but it actually had no Malbec in it. We occasionally had attentive dinner service, but at other times he got deeply engaged in chatting with other staff and we couldn't attract his attention for long periods. Order muddled drinks and ceviche for an excellent experience.
- Always great food at DeseoTammyDined on 7/15/2014As usual, Deseo met all expectations. Great service, food and wine. It is entertaining to sit at the Rail and watch as chefs prepare your food. LOVE this place.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospherechodoDined on 7/13/2014Really enjoyed all the courses of the meal. Favorite dish was the Dorado followed by the Millionaire Tacos. Enjoyed sitting at The Rail and watching the kitchen and chatting with one of the cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.