Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/
- Phone: (480) 624-1202
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Dinner service starting at 6:00 pm
On behalf of the entire deseo team, we thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Deseo is the ideal location for hosting your private parties, corporate dinners, and special events with incredible food and intimate ambiance in a beautiful resort. Due to popular demand, deseo is now open on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in February 2009 for parties and events only. Deseo Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid and his team have created a wonderful new set of menus specifically designed for large parties, and our on-site group dining reservations manager is able assist in booking and also planning additional needs for events. To plan your group dinner at deseo, please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Special Events: For special events or large group dining inquiries, please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Showcasing imaginative Nuevo Latin cuisine, deseo’s (deseo is Spanish for “desire”) menu features a distinctive and skillfully blended combination of flavors to create delicious dishes that are bold and intriguing. This style of cooking takes traditional Latin American dishes and reinvents them using European and American cooking techniques and often non-traditional ingredients. The perfect start to dinner at deseo is to “descansar” or “relax” with a freshly created cocktail at the adjacent Muddle Bar, which specializes in blending fresh fruits (mango, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and more) with fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, mint and more) along with your favorite spirit for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (56)romantic (36)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great place!TmacVIPDined on 11/12/2014It is always consistently great! The food is superb. Sit at the kitchen counter for a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding Anniversary dinnerSuzanneVIPDined on 11/10/2014My husband and I sat at the chefs bar and the entire staff waited on us hand and foot. They were very energetic and talked with us about how our food was being prepared and answered all of our silly questions. If weren't visiting from MN we would definately visit here more often. THANK YOU for making our wedding anniversary dinner so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJoJo15VIPDined on 11/9/2014I can't believe that we waited so long to try this place ! What a refreshing change of pace from the typical Scottsdale scene. Unique flavor profiles- truly top shelf. Sit at the rail!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 11/7/201425 min. wait for a glass of wine before dinner.......even longer for bread to arrive.....final straw was a long wait at the end of my meal for my salad. Have eaten at Deseo many times.....this time was close to a disaster.
- AmazingfooddivaDined on 11/2/2014SO GOOD! Second time even better than the first. Would recommend everybody to try their beef or simply their potato fritz! Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Scottsdale's BestTruckeeDined on 11/1/2014We love everything about Deseo. The food is delicious, creative, fresh and unique. The service is always good and the atmosphere is upscale and romantic. We rarely go to hotels to eat in our hometown. This is the one exception. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/30/2014We loved the creative Latin American fusion cuisine... Innovative and deliciousSpecial Features:
- we love it!SueSmilesVIPDined on 10/30/2014Forgot to mention in prior review: the fantastic dinner rolls are gluten-free, and are made with yucca flour, so delicious you would never expect they are gluten-free! We only get here every few years because we live in New England, but look forward each time. Our waiter, Phil, is the epitome of the perfect server! Very knowledgeable on wine and menu, very friendly and attentive. We always request him. We also love Memo who is in the restaurant as a server and the Deseo bar at various schedules--he is awesome and we recommend him highly too. We look forward to our next visit, thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysDanyDined on 10/29/2014Every year we visit this fine restaurant in combination with our two week stay at their Westin Vacation Villas. We had noted earlier that the local AZ Republic restaurant reviewer had revisited them earlier and had a pretty glowing review. We were not disappointed (and never have been). We enjoy sitting at what they call the "rail" where we can watch the cooking and talk to the folks working the ceviche section. We had a variety of appetizers in lieu of a main course, but after seeing the skirt steak going out for delivery numerous times, we will be back next week for that.Special Features:
- natalieDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed the menu offerings. Something different but not way out there. The wines were from South America (Chilean and Brazilian) but great variety. Service was excellent. Plantains are to die for!. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LorenVIPDined on 10/24/2014Restaurant setting is truly outstanding. Service was effiicient if not overly warm or energetic. Must say the food was just OK. By no means a good value. Ceviche was good but way overpriced. Drinks made well but small. Cranberry juice way overpricedSpecial Features:
- so glad we found it!SueSmilesVIPDined on 10/23/2014Romantic, great for foodies, superb food and service. Best south American-inspired crevice we have found. Also gluten-free friendly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DirectorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014There a 3 areas bar, a food counter/restaurant area and outdoor. All nicely appointed, good service and food to match. The drinks are a bit weak. You have to get a double for a true on the rocks and I object to that as a result drinks are $17 and that is too much.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantSeattlePhilDined on 10/19/2014The other reviews have said it all. We had the Seafood Combo Ceviche (shared), the Kobe Beef Staek (not shared but would in the future), Asparagus (shared) and the Chocolate Cigar for dessert (shared). We were satiated and left with smiles on our faces. Highly recommended. Our server Michael was very attentive and observant -- a gem.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Best restaurant I've been to thus far. I had the lamb chops, and they were to die for. My husband had the Kobe beef and absolutely loved it. He mentioned he wanted to go back. He is never impressed by a restaurant. He eats gluten free and the dinner roles are gluten free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out for localsgamblingmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is one of our favorite places in Scottsdale for a great dining experience in a wonderful resort setting.Special Features:
- a favorite!SueSmilesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Very unique menu, many dishes inspired by south American cuisine. Also fantastic options even for those who are gluten-intolerant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Resturant!MayaDined on 10/10/2014We had great fish dish, it was the chillian sea bass and the kampachi was good as well!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealLoveToWineDineTravelVIPDined on 10/9/2014I'm always hesitant eating at hotel's restaurants (Deseo is in the Westin) but Deseo was WONDERFUL. Beautiful atmosphere (you can eat inside or outside) and the food was wonderful. Would def go back the next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Ceviches for dinnerNotEnufTimeDined on 10/8/2014Three of us dined at Deseo. Two had ceviches for dinner (small appetites). I had the Rainbow ceviche, and it was perfect. The size was perfect and it tasted wonderful. The fish was fresh. The presentation was nice. They would make great appetizers, but might be a little awkward to share. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice, and the service was nice as well. Our poor waiter had to find the right balance between providing good service and letting friends who haven't seen each other for awhile catch up. He managed. Dessert was interesting and eclectic. They almost seemed like well-done versions of things talented chefs might create in the Chopped kitchen. I'd return to try the other ceviches, but unfortunately, I live in PA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MarkusVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was our 4th or 5th time at Deseo ... we make a point of dining here whenever we're visiting the area. Once again, the combination of flavors, the creative presentation and the taste of the food was outstanding. Service is impeccable. Can't say enough good things about Deseo - it is truly a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st time and not disappointed1sttimerDined on 10/6/2014Chosen because we had not tried yet, type cuisine, very high approval rating, good reviews. We were not disappointed. The food & service were very good. The entrees were delicious, of good portion, presented; I had lamb cutlets; we also had the pork tenderloin. One in are party inquired about a vegan dish and the waiter quickly indicated that the chef could prepare a vegan dish which he did, and I was told that it was very good; it looked very tasty. After dinner we passed on dessert because we had a birthday cake at home; the waiter disappeared for a short time and returned with a wonderful surprise birthday dessert; a chocolate cigar, chocolate mousse, and fondant placard with "Happy Birthday" on it. We will certainly eat at Deseo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has such interesting dishes; I always get something different and they have all been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent server. Personable, knowledgeable and did not push ordering dinner - allowing us to enjoy our wine and appetizers at a nice pace. The assistants need to hover more discreetly. Excellent food and wine list. The Frits looked and smelled wonderful but too greasy for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent End to Restaurant WeekTwoFoodLoversDined on 9/27/2014My companion & I were excited to try Deseo during Restaurant Week. While the food was quite exciting, the wine pairings were truly out of this world. As somebody with dietary allergies, I was thrilled that our server did not need to be reminded of my concerns: my needs were mentioned at the time that the reservation was made, and that was it. Despite necessary modifications to our meal, the food was brilliant. Every course was colorful, visually appealing, and delicious. Flavors were blended in daring ways, and every detail was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAZlily12Dined on 9/27/2014We were there for Restaurant Week. It was excellent and the service was great. This may not be the most important thing, but the bread was incredible. Try the ceviche. There were several kinds.Special Features:
- Desire itDGinAZDined on 9/24/2014Always a great restaurant, one of the best in town on a consistent basis.Special Features:
- Just OKCPatersonDined on 9/23/2014Food presentation is very nice but the mains tasted very buttery and cloying.
- AmbianceTastyArtFareDined on 9/23/2014Love the "rail" ambiance. This is, of course, where you sit right where the action is occurring and watch the crew of cooks create little works of art that are as beautiful as they are delicious. The talented crew work seamlessly together with mutual respect and a genuine friendship is felt by all present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cuisine and WinesHertyDined on 9/22/2014Very interesting menu. Wonderful food - well prepared. Try the wine recommendations. South American cuisine and wines. Outstanding evening. Will definently return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewmarkyDined on 9/20/2014service was poor for a high end restaurant. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Food and ServiceTruckeeDined on 9/20/2014Everytime we dine here, we wonder why we don't come more often. Love the food, setting and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need deseo in your life!FoodieTDined on 9/19/2014You need to go here and you need to order everything at least once! The prices are reasonable for the quality and presentation and for the life of me I can't sort out why it isn't busier all the time! The service is unbelievable and the staff have a passion for the food and make intelligent food recommendations. I've taken business associates, dates, and family here and all have loved this place! Do yourself a favor and at very least get out of your typical foodie comfort zone and go to deseo... You don't even have to make it to the entrees, the appetizers are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious & guiltfree!CaptainHydroDined on 9/19/2014We met friends at Deseo for a wonderful Restaurant Week experience. Lots of great seafood options, very tasty and guiltfree, i.e. lots of healthy options! We loved the 2 types of ceviche and the mahi mahi entree was both scrumptous and interesting. We will definitely be back to Deseo. We are lucky enough to live nearby and can add it to our favorite neighborhood haunts.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise!xpnsive1Dined on 9/19/2014This was a last minute date night and it was a very pleasant surprise. The service and atmosphere are great, but the food was the star of this night out! They are known for their Ceviche so we tried a couple of different ones; Rainbow - white soy/ citrus/ sesame seeds/ pickled jalapeno which was very good! The best was the Mixto Clasico - lobster/ shrimp/ scallops/ calamari/ octopus. crab/ red onion/ sweet potato!! Entrees did not disappoint either the Yuca-Wraped Dorado al ajillo - mahi mahi/ shrimp/ aramath/ shaved calamari/ roasted garlic and the Puerco Rico - nimen ranch pork tenderloin/ lechon empanadilla/ kale and giant white beans. Dessert wowed us... the Chocolate Cigar - chocolate espuma/ cappucino gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- set the tone for restaurant weekPhneeDined on 9/19/2014Excellent meal, fantastic value. Chose this as the kickoff to Fall Restaurant Week 2014. There were four options offered in the appetizer and main course categories and two desserts. The portions were extremely large, the food was beautiful and tasted incredible. The wine paring was interesting and well done - perfectly paired with our courses including dessert. I highly recommend Deseo for AZRW or any occasion.Special Features:
- Great food & Knowledgeable StaffBIllBDined on 9/14/2014Always good to get out of your comfort zone!!! Really good food with thoughtful presentation. Waitstaff very competent and social. Really nice wine list - something in all price ranges.Special Features:
- RAMFRDined on 9/6/2014Good ambience, excellent service, food was a bit complex, too busy for our taste, but good. Appetizer portions could be a bit more robust.Special Features:
- lovelyLuvtoeatDined on 9/5/2014Had a wonderful dinner, delicious food, view of kitchen was fun! Would return again with friends.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Innovative food wonderfully prepared. Excellent service. Wine could be stored at a bit cooler temperature but a very notable wine list and well paired with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 693 reviews are from the Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews archive.