Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Dinner service starting at 6:00 pm
On behalf of the entire deseo team, we thank you for your business.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Deseo is the ideal location for hosting your private parties, corporate dinners, and special events with incredible food and intimate ambiance in a beautiful resort. Due to popular demand, deseo is now open on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in February 2009 for parties and events only. Deseo Chef de Cuisine Roberto Madrid and his team have created a wonderful new set of menus specifically designed for large parties, and our on-site group dining reservations manager is able assist in booking and also planning additional needs for events. To plan your group dinner at deseo, please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Special Events: For special events or large group dining inquiries, please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Showcasing imaginative Nuevo Latin cuisine, deseo’s (deseo is Spanish for “desire”) menu features a distinctive and skillfully blended combination of flavors to create delicious dishes that are bold and intriguing. This style of cooking takes traditional Latin American dishes and reinvents them using European and American cooking techniques and often non-traditional ingredients. The perfect start to dinner at deseo is to “descansar” or “relax” with a freshly created cocktail at the adjacent Muddle Bar, which specializes in blending fresh fruits (mango, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and more) with fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, mint and more) along with your favorite spirit for the perfect pre-dinner cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Deseo at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (71)romantic (49)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (23)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (17)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- RAMFRDined on 9/6/2014Good ambience, excellent service, food was a bit complex, too busy for our taste, but good. Appetizer portions could be a bit more robust.Special Features:
- lovelyLuvtoeatDined on 9/5/2014Had a wonderful dinner, delicious food, view of kitchen was fun! Would return again with friends.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Innovative food wonderfully prepared. Excellent service. Wine could be stored at a bit cooler temperature but a very notable wine list and well paired with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMssybrittyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Had a groupon for here. First time here, we will be back. Got a lot of food for the price.Special Features:
- Wonderful service and foodLolliVIPDined on 7/23/2014Lamb cutlets were delicious and the tres ceviches was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Really super!FoodDocDined on 7/22/2014Genuine flavors that you do not find at most Valley restaurants. I had the flight of Argentine wines, 3x 2oz pours, they were great! Best lamb chops I've had in town. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Great find for the non-traveler!!AzroadieVIPDined on 7/21/2014I think most of us tend to only go to hotel restaurants when we're staying at the hotel. Please don't let this habit dissuade you from going to this gem of a restaurant! The food is fantastic and provides a unique experience into Latino fare by adding less common ingredients to typical dishes with delicious results. The cigar dessert is a MUST simply for the beautiful presentation...and, of course, it tastes great too!Special Features:
- Overrated and overpriced.Kris79Dined on 7/20/2014We had a good dining experience. The food was good, but nothing outstanding, except maybe the chocolate cigar desert. Would not come back for dinner as we can easily have more delicious food elsewhere, and not necessarily pay as much. The service was great, and the ambiance was right.Special Features:
- Good expreienceLove2eatfromNDDined on 7/20/2014We went to this restaurant because we were staying at the Westin.U fortunately it was too hot outside to eat. The food was high end Latin and good. We enjoyed the experience and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foot delightZalbaDined on 7/19/2014Always exciting to try new dishes, all in our party were impressed with food mad service..Special Features:
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Deseo is always wonderful! The atmosphere is warm and the menu is fun and creative! The Millionaire Tacos never disappoint - as well as the shrimp appetizer. The beef tenderloin is wonderfully spicy!Special Features:
- DejavuClancyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food and service good but not great, it is time to rethink décor and menu.
- interesting cuisine, poor serviceLNemDined on 7/15/2014The latin cuisine at this restaurant is innovative, with complex flavor profiles. The downside was the service. Deseo got ranked by Wine Enthusiast and Wine Spectator, so we choose it expecting a great wine experience. The wine list was limited, but the big downside was that it offered no descriptions of the wines, the restaurant appeared to not have a sommelier, and our waiter appeared to know nothing about the wines. He recommended a Malbec blend, but it actually had no Malbec in it. We occasionally had attentive dinner service, but at other times he got deeply engaged in chatting with other staff and we couldn't attract his attention for long periods. Order muddled drinks and ceviche for an excellent experience.
- Always great food at DeseoTammyDined on 7/15/2014As usual, Deseo met all expectations. Great service, food and wine. It is entertaining to sit at the Rail and watch as chefs prepare your food. LOVE this place.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospherechodoDined on 7/13/2014Really enjoyed all the courses of the meal. Favorite dish was the Dorado followed by the Millionaire Tacos. Enjoyed sitting at The Rail and watching the kitchen and chatting with one of the cooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Latin American at its finestcytodocDined on 7/12/2014The food was excellent with a large helping of adventuresome. The Latin-infused flavors were exquisite and the presentations -- simply elegant. We thoroughly enjoyed the millionaire tacos and squash blossom quesadilla. Warm rolls with garlic infused butter --yummy. The kobe skirt steak entrée melted in your mouth (no need for that steak knife) and my yucca wrapped Mahi-mahi with shrimp in garlic sauce was a mouth-watering mixture of excitement. (my left-overs were great the next day, too). And a must try is the warm pear, spinach quinoa-- fantastic. The Catalan crema with coconut tapioca was nice ending to my meal and the unique presentation of the chocolate cigar made us smile. For a memorable special occasion --try Deseo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste buds are HAPPYFoodieforlyfe1222Dined on 7/11/2014I had a memorable time at Deso. It was my second time dining there and it did not disappoint! We celebrated my friends 6 month remission from cancer and they were SOO lovely and made her feel special. All the food was amazing! The shrimp appetizer was a hit! From the beginning to the end with a fabulous dessert we were so full and can't wait to come back again! Jason was so thoughtful to make sure we all had a great evening! Thank you to all the staff and chefs for all that you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service to matchHeatherDined on 7/11/2014We went to Deseo on a Saturday night. The service was impeccable. The front of house really seemed to take their jobs seriously and everyone worked as a team to provide great service. The food was awesome. We had a prix fixe menu with Groupon we had. There was a great selection and everything we had we really good. The favorite was probably the chocolate cigar dessert. My husband is not really a dessert person but that was the favorite part of his meal which definitely says something.Special Features:
- Great groupon intro to DeseoJBLMDMBAVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been several times for regular dinners and always loved it. ESP liked the option to try portions of main dishes in combo orders... But their groupon for 3 courses at 65 bucks is FABULOUS. All the selections are great tastes and worth several visits. Here we had the tacos ( a must if you have not tried them) then skirt steak one of the best I've had for this meat and the fish per my wife was even better. Of course get the chocolate cigar for dessert!!!! Wish I could include the pictures I took!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencestockdsDined on 7/6/2014I had a groupon that I used for a Prix Fixe menu and it was amazing! Service was perfect. I had the Millionaire Tacos, they are very tasty. My friend had a spinach salad with watercress and beets that was also quite tasty. Entrees were the Mahi for my friend and I had the Skirt Steak. The steak was tender, juicy and so flavorful and a huge portion. I ended up taking half of it home. The Mahi had a white wine sauce with it that was so delicate and delicious. For dessert, the Chocolate Cigar...it was so good.....so so good and the presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under cooked...RyllVIPDined on 7/3/2014My fish was still raw ...the plate was taken back and when it returned it was the same fish on the plate but now over cooked (dry).
- Great Find!AKMomVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love...love...love everything! The food was perfect, the service was perfect and the ambience was outstanding!Special Features:
- Definately Deseo!ManeroDined on 7/2/2014This is a definite dining experience you do not want to miss. Unique menu, intriguing atmosphere, and wonderful service! Be sure to order a "muddled drink" to start off your experience. I highly recommend the skirt steak- amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding experienceChanceVIPDined on 6/30/2014My wife tried the halibut and I tried the tenderloin of beef, we shared a side. Both of our meals were unique in there presentation, preparation, and taste. The amount of was more than adequate. If you are looking for a different experience at a reasonable price you won't be disappointed Deseo.Special Features:
- Gets better every timeAustinVIPDined on 6/28/2014Best selection of differently prepared unique Ceviches that you will find in the valley! The yuca wrapped Dorado was excellent as well!Special Features:
- Great But NoisyRonHDined on 6/25/2014The food and service were great, but I had difficulty hearing my wife even though she was sitting right next to me. We understand that the restaurant will be re-modeled next summer and the noise issue will be addressed. For now, pick outdoor seating if you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing rollsdontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 6/25/2014Food was very good, we love the rolls. My daughter-in-law and I wish the service was more pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your father's resort foodAZFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014I'm not a big fan of resort dining but this place breaks the mold. There was nothing bland about our meal - everything flavorful, some things spicy hot. Billed as "Nuevo Latino" there was a decided Mexico City style to dinner. I thought the squash filled quesadilla appetizer was outstanding. Entree's (I had beef, she had seafood) were flawless. Desserts were artfully presented and top-notch. They have seating where you can watch the kitchen at work; we choose to go romantic and eat at a table instead. Service was very good as is the overall ambiance. This place is a keeper!Special Features:
- Fantastic!BonnieDined on 6/23/2014Great food, service, ambience and overall Fantastic Place!Special Features:
- Phenomenal meal!!NadineDined on 6/17/2014We were very impressed with our meal from beginning to end! Each course was well prepared, well presented and most importantly delicious!! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different...ScottVIPDined on 6/16/2014I've been to Deseo several times now. It does not fail to please every time. Great Latin cuisine, very good service, great ambience. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- changeherbodocVIPDined on 6/14/2014the recent visit was not quite up to our past experiences..somewhat long wait for entree,mistake in one of the presentations requiring a redo and even our favorite yucca rolls were hard!The restaurant must have been having bad day.We most likely will go back to see of it can be as wonderful s in the pastSpecial Features:
- Sat at The RailOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014Had seats at The Rail which looks into the kitchen. Great time, food was over the top, but the best was the side dish of rice.Special Features:
- fixn2Dined on 6/12/2014We always enjoy our dining at Deseo. This time we brought a couple that had never been to Deseo. They thought it was outstanding and the food was delicious. They will definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MelissaDined on 6/11/2014The service was fabulous and food amazing...highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedJim7VIPDined on 6/7/2014Even though Deseo has a v. good reputation, this experience was better than expected. Decor is getting old/dated. Food was v. good and interesting - someone is actually thinking about together a menu. Our waiter was excellent. Someone else's drinks on our bill but was taken care of - as it should have been. So, all in all a v. good experience. We'd go back. Might consider sitting at the bar - you can look into the kitchen. Desserts were nothing special - not a big deal for us but a miss for an otherwise well-rounded restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding FindBrianDined on 6/7/2014Recommended by a friend who lives in Scottsdale. Food is outstanding and brings it to a level of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysEMP9Dined on 6/4/2014Open Table says my review must be at least 50 characters long. But, this is all it takes: Great as always. 5 Stars in all categories.Special Features:
- fantastic foodNuYorkerDined on 6/1/2014This was my second trip to deseo. Everything from the delicious rolls to the amazing chocolate cigar dessert was perfect. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an unexpected delightAAdamsDined on 5/29/2014Everything from the descending walk down the stairs to view the resident artist's work all around the restaurant, to Guillermo's excellent service of our meal, to the walk back to my car underneath a beautiful night sky, lined by lit palm trees; absolutely everything was perfect and led to a wonderful evening. Will definitely make Deseo a regular occasion. Abigail AdamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.