Dervish Mediterranean Restaurant
146 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Dervish Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dervishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129970070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you require a personal or a corporate party, buffet or plated, dinner or lunch, our family owned and operated business can effectively handle every detail for groups of 10 or more people to enormous parties. We are available 7 days a week and also feature last minute services, for those very special moments.
- Private Party Facilities: We have private rooms available to accommodate business meetings for lunch or dinner. Wi-Fi, A/V equipment, projector and drop down screen available. Dervish is also proud to announce the opening of its exquisite, new Banquet Room on the second floor of the restaurant. Boasting luxurious tapestries, cushioned couches, and an undeniable mediterranean flair, the Banquet Room can be used as a lounge, premier party space, or for private cocktail hours. The room is multi-level with a full bar, dance floor, and a drop screen for sports viewing and such. The Banquet Room is just one of the newest additions to the charm of Dervish Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Hasan Altindag 212 997 0070
- Entertainment: Dervish is proud to announce Live music Friday and Saturday nights 9:30 pm to midnight. Performed by Pocket Band. 2 for 1 Martini's all day, every day!
- Special Events: Special Holiday Menu in our private party room.
- Cross Street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
- Public Transit: N & R trains to 49th Street, and B, D, F & Q trains to 47th/50th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Discounted Parking for Dervish customers, only $12.00. Between 5:00pm - 1:00am. 7 days a week
Parking located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Dervish Mediterranean Restaurant
Dervish Mediterranean Restaurant serves authentic Mediterranean cuisine in a duplex environment, with mosaic files, warm lighting, and beautiful mahogany bars on the mezzanine level and second floor. An unforgettable Broadway theme mural adorns the wall behind the bar, shouting "The Show Must Go On!" Various menus are available to all friends and patrons for many different settings and occasions, such as the exotic banquet menus for private gatherings and occasions, the savory Bar Menu for those quick visits, our Pre-Theater Three Course Dinner to prepare you for your show, the Dervish menu for in-house dining, our Children's Menu for the little ones, and our ever popular Take-Out Menu. All of these elements combined with the courteous waiters and bartenders prepare you for an excellent meal and an excellent time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dervish Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Too Bad this one is ClosingVinceVIPDined on 9/7/2013This is a great find but will only be open until the middle of September. The building will be renovated so I do hope to find it relocating. The food was excellent. The Lamb was very tender and full of flavor. Take advantage of its last week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleCutieDined on 9/6/2013The service was really bad, the waiters didn't want to serve you at all. And they charge 18% gratitude directly with the bill which they can't do that! No wonder the waiters didn't want to serve customers since no matter what they will get 18% tips!
- A quiet respiteBobbyDined on 9/4/2013The service was excellent and we were very pleased with the experience. The food, while Turkish, is not the most exceptional on the planet. The appetizers were quite good and the entrees passable, but not fabu. But, given the location and the price, we were very pleased with the overall experience and we would go again.Special Features:
- I have eaten there severaleastsoutalotVIPDined on 9/3/2013I have eaten there several times but not in the past six months, and I was surprised to find the restaurant nearly empty. The food was still reasonable and good
- Tasty Turkish CuisineSeymourVIPDined on 8/31/2013The food and prices gave this place great value in my opinion. Everything was fresh and tasty. Flavorful without being either subtle or overpowering. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive and knew when you needed to be left alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for dessert...DrLungVIPDined on 8/31/2013...and try the shredded wheat or the rice pudding. Dervish is one of the best New York restaurants for theater goers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DervishTripsDined on 8/31/2013The Sultan's delight was delicious. The lamb came with just the eggplant puree and NO rice or bread. The portions are small, they ought to add pilaf as the dish seems incomplete. The vegetarian dish, otoh, was terrible - it was a complete joke for $17. The Turkish wine (Yakut) recommended was very good and went well with the lamb dish. The service was quick and our waiter was really nice (from Samarkand in Uzbekistan). This restaurant should stop charging 18% service fee. The tip came to $28 which is unfair considering the wine bill and drinks alone were $75. I would not have tipped more than $15 which is very reasonable considering we only stayed there for 45 min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, Mediocre FoodTravelhuiDined on 8/27/2013This had been my pre-theater go-to spot for a while mainly due to its service and location. This time, however, I was unpleasantly surprised. The service was pretty bad: they waiters would not do anything - bringing menu, food, bill - until asked, failed to inform us of changes in the pre-theater menu, not willing to accomodate dietary needs, not knowing what is being served, etc. To top it off, they put a 15% service charge into the bill. When we checked, this "mandatory" service charge was not announced in the menu or anywhere else. They said they put it in for any parties over three, because "the waiters depend on tips." When we tried to speak with the manager, he would not even turn to face us. I don't think I will ever go back again:
- Nice but not gourmet. GoodvectisDined on 8/25/2013Nice but not gourmet. Good value. Seared liver very very good.
- Nice Little Turkish RestaurantBonkersDined on 8/24/2013Good food, very attentive service and pleasant atmosphere. Nothing spectacular, but not a thing out of place. Very nice.Special Features:
- excellent pre theater findPSmomVIPDined on 8/23/2013Meal was great, service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. warm yogurt soup was really great as was the lamb dish served on eggplant puree. only thing I would NOT get again was the cheese cake-- thought it tasted waxy but my son thought I was wrong about that.Special Features:
- ReviewMantaDined on 8/19/2013My wife and I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant. We were in no hurry however our second course arrived before we were halfway through our appetiser. Perhaps the server thought we were off to see a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Whirl at the DervishMikeVIPDined on 8/16/2013This is our favorite before-theatre dinner place. They have a great pre-fixe menu that is reasonably priced. A variety of tasty food choices and a staff that is very attentive. I love their Turkish coffee and baklava. When you keep going back, that says it all. Highly recommend the Dervish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre menu!glimmyVIPDined on 8/10/2013Delicious cuisine and reasonable price for pre-theatre!Special Features:
- Food and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013Food and service were great. Great spot for pre theater meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not authentically TurkishOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013Very bland, turkish food geard to tourists. Food lacking any flavor and very Americanized. Sadly disappointing, should be ashamed to call themselves a Turkish restaurant and/or make some serious changes in the kitchen. Waitstaff could be working at olive garden for all they know about Turkish food.
- Its a great spot for yummylexiDined on 7/29/2013Its a great spot for yummy simple meditteranean food. Very pleasant service- helpful and accomodating. A good neighborhood feel for a restaurant close to the theatre district. Good for small groups not large ones. Nice bar with soccer playing while we were there.
- Excellent Choice for Theater AreaddbbdDined on 7/27/2013This was a great restaurant in the heart of the theater district. Easy to get to, good food and service. Very varied menu for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta and egg plantRobertDined on 7/26/2013Too much tomato sauce and not enough eggplant. However, the other parties enjoyed therir meals-ample food and good varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and ambianceEthiopianDined on 7/21/2013Made a reservation for two. We arrived an hour early after the matinee ended. We were still promptly seated. The service was good and the food delicious. The decor was warm and inviting. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal pre theater. MyFamilyof4Dined on 7/20/2013Great meal pre theater. My entire family loved it including teenagers. Will definitely put this on the list for when we are in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean FoodHummer9Dined on 7/16/2013Very good quality food in a pleasant atmosphere, particularly in the frenetic atmosphere at Times Square. Reasonably priced given its location. Would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great when you are in thespeechDined on 7/15/2013Great when you are in the theatre district. Wonderful price fixe dinner. One member of the group was celebrating a birthday. They prepared a delicious and beautiful surprise dessert for her.Special Features:
- So close to times square,VegasFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2013So close to times square, but so far away. Just one block off the strip, but the price is reasonable and the food is great. The servers were very nice and served us family style, even though this wasn't a family style restaurant. This way, we got to sample all of the dishes. There was even a nice special of buy one glass of wine, and get one free. Really a great hidden gem.Special Features:
- Pre Theater DinnerPreAnnieDinnerDined on 7/13/2013Had dinner here before seeing "Annie". Enjoyed the Prixe Fixe menu. Had a nice time. They were prompt, it was delicious, and Hey--Mandy Patinkin was there so I felt like I made a pretty good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining before broadway.GuestDined on 6/29/2013Never rushed, great dishes and friendly staff. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit dissapointedmjmjDined on 6/25/2013we were group of 6(4 adults, 2 children) so we orders 3 lunch dish to share, different guys came to serve.This GUY, was the reason why we had unpleasant experience at this place. He asked who ordered this dish he had in his hand. I said" oh you can place it here." instantly he made this look at us and said"well, i don't know how you can do this but okay, but i don't know, it's not normal...etc " i don't quite remember from then, he was kind of angry or something at that point, i guess it is so rude to share a plate. but the place was empty when we came in. not crowded. if you don't have big appetite, and planning to share with others, be aware that you might be treated like how we were treated. oh, and make sure coupon was added to receiptSpecial Features:
- It's a GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013Feel confident to share this restaurant with all your friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soJoanVIPDined on 6/21/2013Nothing was very wrong, only that there are many better options in Theater District. Food preparation not was good as other Turkish restaurants. Waiter was pleasant
- Hidden GemdtstratosDined on 6/17/2013For anyone that truly appreciates Mediterranean cuisine, I would highly recommend dining at Dervish. The room is warm and comfortable and provides for an intimate dining experience. The selection of dishes offers diners a broad array of options so they can fully experience what the Mediterrean has to offer, from traditional mezze platters (appetizers) through main course and desserts. Their wait staff paid close attention to every detail and offered expert advise for those unfamiliar with the cuisine. I look forward to my next visit and am already considering what dishes to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new york city outingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013I would recommend the restaurant with a warning about the service. We were brought the wrong wine and one wrong entree. The restaurant personnel seemed overwhelmed that day (a Saturday). The food was good and a good value for the prix fixee price, but the service made it a somewhat frustrating experience. the air was kind of musty too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013good food, prix-fixe 3 course menu, reasonably priced, good, wine, good, friendly service, nice ambience. What more?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightRainbowVIPDined on 6/12/2013Friendly and attentive service was evident. We enjoyed our meal and the service. Would have preferred middle eastern bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficient and good pre-theaterJeffMDined on 6/12/2013Went with my wife for dinner before theater two blocks away. We ordered one 3 course dinner plus another entree with two glasses of wine. Disappointed with the grape leaves appetizer. The rice was mushy. Not terrible but not great. She had the salmon which was bland. I had the whole branzino which was nicely cooked. The accompanying vegetables were nicely done, not over cooked. Almond pudding dessert was nice. Service was pretty nice, neither hovering nor ignoring us. We arrived an hour and 40 minutes before curtain and had plenty of time to make the show.
- Great theater district find.KDLcommuterDined on 6/10/2013Great theater district find. Good food, excellent service, reasonable prices. It is now one of my go-too midtown gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was disappointingFloraDined on 6/6/2013Everything else was fine except for the food. We had recommended fixed menu. The soup was very thin, perhaps had too much water in it. The eggplant and lamb dish was not that tasty. Four of us all felt disappointed. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- We went to Dervish for a quickOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2013We went to Dervish for a quick pre-theater dinner. The place is clean, service attentive, the food is good. However, what happenned to the portion size? Turkish restaurants are known with their generous servings but this one was quite a disappointment. We, two girls who don't eat much in general, left hungry. And that after an appetizer, main course and dessert for share. Pity because it looked good on the web.
- Good Times Square lunch spotAndy57Dined on 6/4/2013I needed a place for a business lunch near Times Square. The lunch special offered two plentiful courses for only $15.95 and offered ample choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Turkish TreatArizonaguyDined on 5/28/2013We selected Dervish for an early pre-theater dinner and were not disappointed. We had the $27.75 prix-fixe. The stuffed vine leaves appetizer had a better flavor than many and the mains were flavorful and more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater restaurantjkljn928Dined on 5/25/2013Good theater menu. Mediterranean menu choices were good.I would recommend this to a friend.