4411 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dereksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2154839400x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:00am - 2:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Derek Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are available for all types of events, large and smal.
- Entertainment: DJ and dancing on Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 PM til 2, no cover.
- Special Events: Join our email list by opting in for marketing, Like us on Facebook,
We regularly host all types of private events, from birthday parties late night with DJ's to Baby Showers.
- Cross Street: Levering Street
- Public Transit: Take the R6 to Manayunk. Train Station is half a block behind restaurant.
61 bus from Center City
Exit 338 Interstate 76
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two lots located near our restaurant. One at the corner of Levering and main, the other is access right across the street from us [at Carson St.] it is across the canal, on the river.
A word from Derek's
Allow us to guide you into whatever you want, be it the best burger in town, a dry aged steak, or the finest cult California Cabernet. Indulge yourself in our local grown organic cuisine or just have a glass of wine and a snack at the bar. Let us host your business meetings in one of our new private rooms or just have a casual sidewalk salad and Martini. Come watch local sporting events on our big screen TV’s in the bars or have an intimate dinner for two in our cozy booths. I want to be your everyday cafe or your special occasion restaurant.Continued
As much as things change, they stay the same. Fine food, Fine Drinks, And Fine Service is what I'm talking about!
See you on Main Street!
As much as things change, they stay the same. Fine food, Fine Drinks, And Fine Service is what I'm talking about!
See you on Main Street!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Derek's reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (39)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (32)romantic (29)great for lunch (27)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (23)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (22)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great pasta & steak in ManayunkHungryJackVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I really enjoyed Derek's. We both had salads to start and then I had the Flat Iron steak and my wife had the braised pork shoulder, and both were Very Good. We could see by the tables near us that people were really enjoying their Pasta, and we will do Pasta next time we go.Special Features:
- Nice DiningKeeferDined on 10/17/2014Four of us went out (couples anniversary) and we found this place to be very good experience. It was something different from the everyday and loved it! Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 63rd BirthdayJAWSDined on 10/12/2014Arriived a little early for my reservation but seated, THAT'S A PLUS. My server was named Craig, polite, knowledgeable and not pushy; there when you needed him. Great food for me and my guest; especially the scallops. A great find, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!merdealorsDined on 10/11/2014Nice decor, plenty of space, perfect lighting, and - above all - great food. For instance: great use of fennel, leaks, and light creams. Great sorbets. Warm atmosphere. Hardly anything more to ask for!Special Features:
- AnnoyedSherDined on 10/10/2014We returned for a romantic Friday night dinner. 7:30 reservation but didn't get seated until 8:10pm. We were not impressed having to view a coronary artery disease presentation being held by a medical group during dinner. No warning given to us and very disturbing. We should have been told when we arrived.Special Features:
- Okay EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014The waitress was awesome and attentive. The area were we seat did not have any ventilation and smelled a little musty. The food was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/6/2014Always a great meal! Try the secret recipe chicken and you won't be disappointed. Great wine list as well!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The menu was amazing, but it was so crowded we had to wait a little longer for our table. Also, we were in the back room and they had two large parties so it very loud!Special Features:
- AndreaDined on 10/3/2014We went with friends to Derek's on a Friday night. It was pleasantly crowded but not hard to get a table. The food was quite good, the service was fine, my only real feedback is that it is beginning to need a facelift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMwizDined on 10/3/2014Great place. Food and service was good. I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new Manayunk favoriteJoAnnebattDined on 10/1/2014It started with the very welcoming treatment at the door. We were promptly seated out on the back patio at our request. Our waiter was very friendly and engaging and also knowledgeable on both the wine and the food. We had the stuffed mussels for an appetizer and they were the best I've ever had! My daughter ordered the tuna pizza with a spicy horseradish sauce and loved it. I had a burger which was delicious and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014The manager seemed great and the front room is beautiful. However, we sat in a crowded back room, before the rush would have required we sit squished. Then our waiter's response to my dairy allergy was to "avoid all potato items." Now, as the menu notes gluten free and vegetarian items, you'd think they would accommodate a dairy allergy with something more than avoidance. Also, Derek walked out as we were walking in, and he didn't even say 'hi.' Not even half a greeting for people who chose your restauarant to patronize.Special Features:
- Good foodMinaDined on 9/21/2014The food and service were good. The spicy chicken and shoestring zucchini were good. My husband had Salmon and Bread pudding and he really enjoyed his meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestdeanDined on 9/11/2014I liked this place the first time I went with a friend. Sexy. Cool. Chic. And great martinis. Felt so adult. Lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels!!CalmtallDined on 9/10/2014We love Derek's and went, on this occasion, specifically for Mussels Special (Wednesday evenings). THEY WERE GREAT!! I had the White Sauce and my husband had the Red. We left quite happy and look forward to our next outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014overall, everyone enjoyed their food, but found it to be nothing special or "must-try". with so many other restaurant options out there none of us said we would return. one plus though is that they offer a 3 course dinner for a set price. FOOD: bread is great!! personally, i liked the chopped salad and the calamari. tuna tar tar- blah! the braised pork was very good, but again, nothing i couldn't make at home. someone got the scallops -ok. chicken-ok. the mixed drinks we ordered were quite tasty. peach cobbler was awful, i mean really bad. SERVICE: she was nice, attentive and informative. couldn't ask for more. ATMOSPHERE: we were seated right next to a large party although the restaurant was empty. waiters could barely pass by.Special Features:
- Great evening at Derek'sNyteengaleDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined at Derek's for the first time and enjoyed it. The shrimp and crab spring rolls were crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside - very well done. The pork shoulder dish was quite good. The grits were creamy and a nice complement to the moist and tender pork, but I thought there could be a little more flavor in the accompanying pinot noir sauce. My husband ordered Derek's Signature Burger - the black truffle mayo worked well and he enjoyed it. The ambience was the nicest part of the evening. The restaurant is romantic, but fun. There was a party upstairs and we enjoyed the free music/DJ. Derek came over and said hi, which I thought was a very nice touch. I'm glad we tried it out and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotAlicurtsDined on 9/2/2014This was my first time here at Derek's and I must admit that it was a yummy experience. I enjoyed my salad, wings & cocktail special. Unfortunately, the beer was not cold enough for me so I doubt if I'll be returning due to me being a beer enthusiast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elliott SchulmanNeuromanDined on 9/1/2014I was looking forward to a casual Labor Day dinner. We were seated on time and in a cordial fashion. Drinks were brought promptly. We waited and waited and waited for our main dish. Despite being comped for our first round of drinks( we were told this before we received our main dish." There were a bigger crowd than we anticipated" , we became very tired of waiting. I was ready to leave before we receive our main dish, comped drinks regardless. My wife urged us to stay. Food was good, but despite our waitresses being extra friendlySpecial Features:
- Wrong Day?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014I visited on Labor Day Monday, which must have been the day of the week, the service was slow we did not even get our entree which was the special on Monday's Burger & Fries, our drinks were even slower to come. I like this place because I am a foodie so I will be back. Hopefully it will be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manayunk FavoriteNewZagats2VIPDined on 8/30/2014Love Derek's… and we love the OWner, too!! :-) Thank You for the favorite! Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding!! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceMsDebbieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Seated in little patio out back. Aroma of marijuana wafted from somewhere nearby. Mosquitoes dined on me while I dined on delicious Parmesan flat bread followed by brussel sprouts and soft shell crabs which were yummy. Finished with creme brûlée topped with fresh berries and a dense cookie (overkill). Wished I had eaten inside but my elderly companions complained that it was too noisy inside (it wasn't...nearly empty when we were seated). Loved the interior space!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGLNCVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time here from NJ. Food ok. Good service. Will return when we in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mushroom pizza, bread puddingNewZagats2VIPDined on 8/21/2014Love the Mushroom pizza and dumplings and the bread pudding… Derek is such a great guy… this place is right on Main st. in Manayunk… have FUN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Lunchbarfly26VIPDined on 8/18/2014A friend of mine had a free birthday meal voucher for Derek's , so I took her there for lunch. Our waitress seemed medicated - her speech was slurred and she was awfully loopy. When she saw the birthday voucher, she spent the better part of 5 minutes telling us how her birthday had been the previous Saturday. We ordered the zucchini shoestrings as an app, which were fine, but when our meals came out, the lettuce for my salad was just gross. It was the chopped salad and the lettuce was brown (the shrimp also looked suspect, but I don't like shrimp, so didn't eat it). I sent it back (which I've never done at a restaurant before). I was surprised anyone with any pride in their job would serve such a thing (the chef or the waitstaff).Special Features:
- Fair evening I dont have to repeathurleygirl75VIPDined on 8/7/2014The bartender was less than interested in serving me and more interested in talking about going to an event, how much his homeymoon is going to cost him etc. He was very attentive to those he knew, the martini was horrible.sat us outside, then no service for awhile so I had to ask for a server. The brussel sprouts appetizer was very good, my nieces mussels she enjoyed, and my meal was very forgettable-salmon allegedly falafel encrusted, sauce of horseradish or wasabi I couldnt tell as there wasn't any flavor and it was so thin it just swirled around the plate. I ordered forbidden rice and it must have been very forbidden because it came after my meal was finished.
- Great foodDivafoodieDined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I both bad the spicy chicken rigatoni. It was simply delicious. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't miss at Derek'sGormetGormondDined on 8/4/2014I have dined at Derek's frequently since the name was changed from Sonoma. Derek Davis is consistently improving the menu, of an already existing varied selection. His specials are truly special - never skimping on quality, portion size and value. If you leave Derek's thinking that it was nothing special; try other restaurants at the same price level and think again. After at least 100 visits, I look forward to the next.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the foodBeckMDined on 8/1/2014The food selection was okay but the prices were high for the amount of food that you get. My 18 year old was still hungry after eating the ribs. I think he got 3-4 ribs and a small portion of shoestring potatoes. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff was friendly. My crab cake was good but that was all I got for about $22. My daughter had pasta which was a good size serving. The pizza seemed okay. Not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Awesome sauce!UnhappycamperDined on 7/27/2014Good Morning, I went to Derek's on Sunday for brunch and it was amazing! The steak was cooked perfectly! The eggs was amazing! The spinach was cook just right! And the potatoes was great! The only thing was the fruit! It was mushy! That was my only problem!! The mimosas was on point aswell! Our server was a sweetheart! And he knew the menu very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for relaxed fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I reserved a table for a party of 6 with additional requests. We were greeted warmly and the table service was great. The food was really good as well as the ambiance. Derek's is truly a great place for an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- AnnieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Delicious and great service in a great neighborhood!Special Features:
- blahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014tired salad, gummy octopus and the blackened chicken was hardly special
- Always GoodFairmountdinerVIPDined on 7/16/2014We returned again to Derek's, this time so my wife could enjoy their mussels, as on Wednesday they're having "all you can eat mussels" (not that my wife could get through even the first huge bowl they brought her). The mussels were great, as were the spring rolls and spare ribs that I ordered. No surprise there - we've never had a bad meal at Derek's. Our server, Elena, was attentive without being obtrusive. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great specialsMickieDined on 7/16/2014We had two of the specials for the night - all you can eat mussels & the crispy lamb. Both were delicious.Special Features:
- Always just fine...carolngeorgeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a good brunch, and with a $3 mimosa as a special summer treat and Jake as a friendly waiter who kne how to take care of us, all was very enjoyable. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinesalot2VIPDined on 7/5/2014relative to the quality of the food the expense was high.
- Heavy hand in the kitchennewcomerDined on 7/5/2014Although most of the meal was quite enjoyable there was way too much salt on some of the items. I had to send back the zucchini shoestrings since the salt content made them inedible. My sauteed spinach was also too salty but not so for my husband. I like salt but this was over the top. To commend the restaurant though they immediately removed the item from our bill and then gave us $20 in vouchers to use next time.Special Features:
- Saturday lunchwine4dinnerDined on 7/5/2014We had a very nice relaxing lunch in the bar area. Tables outside were full but we sat at a table next to an open window which was nice. Food and service were good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicefoodie4uDined on 7/4/2014Very good food. Good portions. Good service. Great for sitting outdoors. Varied choices on menu. Good margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.