4411 Main Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dereksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2154839400x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:00am - 2:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Derek Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are available for all types of events, large and smal.
- Entertainment: DJ and dancing on Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 PM til 2, no cover.
- Special Events: Join our email list by opting in for marketing, Like us on Facebook,
We regularly host all types of private events, from birthday parties late night with DJ's to Baby Showers.
- Cross Street: Levering Street
- Public Transit: Take the R6 to Manayunk. Train Station is half a block behind restaurant.
61 bus from Center City
Exit 338 Interstate 76
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two lots located near our restaurant. One at the corner of Levering and main, the other is access right across the street from us [at Carson St.] it is across the canal, on the river.
A word from Derek's
Allow us to guide you into whatever you want, be it the best burger in town, a dry aged steak, or the finest cult California Cabernet. Indulge yourself in our local grown organic cuisine or just have a glass of wine and a snack at the bar. Let us host your business meetings in one of our new private rooms or just have a casual sidewalk salad and Martini. Come watch local sporting events on our big screen TV’s in the bars or have an intimate dinner for two in our cozy booths. I want to be your everyday cafe or your special occasion restaurant.Continued
As much as things change, they stay the same. Fine food, Fine Drinks, And Fine Service is what I'm talking about!
See you on Main Street!
As much as things change, they stay the same. Fine food, Fine Drinks, And Fine Service is what I'm talking about!
See you on Main Street!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Derek's reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (36)great for brunch (35)great for lunch (31)good for groups (28)romantic (23)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- First timeGLNCDined on 8/23/2014First time here from NJ. Food ok. Good service. Will return when we in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Lunchbarfly26VIPDined on 8/18/2014A friend of mine had a free birthday meal voucher for Derek's , so I took her there for lunch. Our waitress seemed medicated - her speech was slurred and she was awfully loopy. When she saw the birthday voucher, she spent the better part of 5 minutes telling us how her birthday had been the previous Saturday. We ordered the zucchini shoestrings as an app, which were fine, but when our meals came out, the lettuce for my salad was just gross. It was the chopped salad and the lettuce was brown (the shrimp also looked suspect, but I don't like shrimp, so didn't eat it). I sent it back (which I've never done at a restaurant before). I was surprised anyone with any pride in their job would serve such a thing (the chef or the waitstaff).Special Features:
- Fair evening I dont have to repeathurleygirl75Dined on 8/7/2014The bartender was less than interested in serving me and more interested in talking about going to an event, how much his homeymoon is going to cost him etc. He was very attentive to those he knew, the martini was horrible.sat us outside, then no service for awhile so I had to ask for a server. The brussel sprouts appetizer was very good, my nieces mussels she enjoyed, and my meal was very forgettable-salmon allegedly falafel encrusted, sauce of horseradish or wasabi I couldnt tell as there wasn't any flavor and it was so thin it just swirled around the plate. I ordered forbidden rice and it must have been very forbidden because it came after my meal was finished.
- Great foodDivafoodieDined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I both bad the spicy chicken rigatoni. It was simply delicious. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the foodBeckMDined on 8/1/2014The food selection was okay but the prices were high for the amount of food that you get. My 18 year old was still hungry after eating the ribs. I think he got 3-4 ribs and a small portion of shoestring potatoes. The atmosphere is very nice and the staff was friendly. My crab cake was good but that was all I got for about $22. My daughter had pasta which was a good size serving. The pizza seemed okay. Not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Awesome sauce!UnhappycamperDined on 7/27/2014Good Morning, I went to Derek's on Sunday for brunch and it was amazing! The steak was cooked perfectly! The eggs was amazing! The spinach was cook just right! And the potatoes was great! The only thing was the fruit! It was mushy! That was my only problem!! The mimosas was on point aswell! Our server was a sweetheart! And he knew the menu very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for relaxed fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014I reserved a table for a party of 6 with additional requests. We were greeted warmly and the table service was great. The food was really good as well as the ambiance. Derek's is truly a great place for an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- AnnieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Delicious and great service in a great neighborhood!Special Features:
- blahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014tired salad, gummy octopus and the blackened chicken was hardly special
- Always GoodFairmountdinerDined on 7/16/2014We returned again to Derek's, this time so my wife could enjoy their mussels, as on Wednesday they're having "all you can eat mussels" (not that my wife could get through even the first huge bowl they brought her). The mussels were great, as were the spring rolls and spare ribs that I ordered. No surprise there - we've never had a bad meal at Derek's. Our server, Elena, was attentive without being obtrusive. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- Great specialsMickieDined on 7/16/2014We had two of the specials for the night - all you can eat mussels & the crispy lamb. Both were delicious.Special Features:
- Always just fine...carolngeorgeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a good brunch, and with a $3 mimosa as a special summer treat and Jake as a friendly waiter who kne how to take care of us, all was very enjoyable. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Dinesalot2VIPDined on 7/5/2014relative to the quality of the food the expense was high.
- Heavy hand in the kitchennewcomerDined on 7/5/2014Although most of the meal was quite enjoyable there was way too much salt on some of the items. I had to send back the zucchini shoestrings since the salt content made them inedible. My sauteed spinach was also too salty but not so for my husband. I like salt but this was over the top. To commend the restaurant though they immediately removed the item from our bill and then gave us $20 in vouchers to use next time.Special Features:
- Saturday lunchwine4dinnerDined on 7/5/2014We had a very nice relaxing lunch in the bar area. Tables outside were full but we sat at a table next to an open window which was nice. Food and service were good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicefoodie4uDined on 7/4/2014Very good food. Good portions. Good service. Great for sitting outdoors. Varied choices on menu. Good margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Night DinnerLovebirdsDined on 7/2/2014The dinner at Derek's was outstanding. The servers were great and paid attention to our every need and want. The evening was topped off with a visit to our table and picture with the owner Derek Davis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMamas2DukesDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food and great service! Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. Signature cocktails were not a favorite, but the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBarbaraRDined on 6/21/2014The food and service were both very good. We had dinner at Derek's the Saturday of the annual arts festival in Manayunk. Loved the mussels over angel hair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!psucheerVIPDined on 6/21/2014I love Derek's. Whenever I have an opportunity to dine on Main St in Manayunk, this is my #1. African Chicken pizza is killer. No one has a better Caesar salad either.Special Features:
- Ummm...TionDined on 6/15/2014I've heard great things about this restaurant. I received a restaurant.com gift certificate for my birthday and used it Sunday. The blueberry lemonade is excellent. Jake is great! The flies not so much. The bathroom is located on the second floor which isn't ideal. The service was fast the food wasn't that great. I'd recommend this place only if you have the $25 gift certificate.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceluv2dine2Dined on 6/13/2014I could not give it a five-star rating because we were seating on the top floor which is quasi outdoor and there was dust particles all over the tables, so we cleaned our silverware before using them. We could have asked for new ones but we don't like to bother or servers, after all they are the ones bringing the food. The wine list is exceptional and their cocktails are amazing.Special Features:
- Yum!GottaluvfoodDined on 6/8/2014Second visit to Derek's and just as enjoyable as the first visit. The shredded pork shoulder over grits was delicious. The crispy Calamari was perfectly prepared. My son's burger looked amazing (I never got a taste). The menu has something for everyone. We brought our own wine; no corkage fee on Sunday nights, but wine is half price on Sundays if you forget to bring your own. Great dessert menu. Go go go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeLashesqluvstodineDined on 6/7/2014Everytime I dine at Dereks I love it more and more. There food is delicious and the atmosphere is fun and flirty. If you are fortunate to go on a nice evening, dining on the sidewalk in Manayunk is definitely a good time. I recommend French Onion soup and the Salmon (Large Plate). Plus its Restaurant Week every week with the $39 (3 course meal).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total DisappointmentstandardsfordiningDined on 6/7/2014Reserved dining for a party of 10 to celebrate my daughter's graduation. The problems started after we arrived. There were flies in the star which we associated with being near the patio doors (which were closed), the waitress could not explain the menu resulting in the manager having to come over, the bread was delivered with a long black hair across the top, and out meals were not cooked properly. We sent 2 back, I opted not to send mine back; however, it was clear that the chef doesn't know the difference between well done and medium. I had plenty of pink when there shouldn't have been any. While the manager was apologetic, the issues were things that should've been checked before the food left the kitchen. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Business LunchozartDined on 5/29/2014Three of us had a business lunch and the meal was very good. No one rushed us and they let us move tables without any problem. (shaky, small table) Lobster Bisque was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger, big bargain!carolngeorgeVIPDined on 5/26/2014On a sunny Memorial Day, we enjoyed the 'back room' sunshine streaming in, good food, good price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent brunch choicesJaySVIPDined on 5/24/2014great service as usual and excellent choices for brunch that keep changing and stay fresh
- Will be back!JFPELEDined on 5/24/2014One of the best lobster bisques I've ever had. I love the innovative takes on familiar fare. The bisque was poured over a crab cake. Friendly, engaging staff. And I love that Derek makes his own hot sauce -- much better, and with more of a kick, than tabasco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceJimmerDined on 5/22/2014Service was really bad, didn't hear specials until overhearing a different waitress read her table the specials. Consistently had to wait in a half empty restaurant.. Had bugs in my water. Was charged $15 for a $6 beer(eventually fixed but we had to point it out).. Not going to totally kill the restaurant for one bad server... Food was really good and environment nice...bugs no good. Not sure if I would go back but desert was also delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMinnieDined on 5/18/2014We didn't realize there was only a Brunch Menu available on Sunday afternoon (2:00pm) Although the selection was somewhat limited, the food was very good. Our server went out of his way to be helpful, the service was prompt. We were a party of 3 and even though we were seated in a small room with 2 large parties the noise level was low. We were able to maintain a conversation throughout the meal without ever feeling we needed to speak loudly. Another successful meal at Derek's!Special Features:
- Great minus the flies...JustB4DawnDined on 5/18/2014Food and the wine was GREAT, but there were a TON of flies by the bar... one of which was big enough for me to see the eyes in great detail... but luckily they didn't land in my food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We went to Derek's for lunch after my son's graduation. Food was excellent , service was great. Kareem the general manger made our dining experience a special one. We will definitely be retuning to Derek's in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Food was excellent. Seating wasn't great, crammed in corner due to two large parties. Bar scene looked like fun. Overall was a good experience.Special Features:
- Not for brunchMcjugsDined on 5/11/2014Didn't have their act together for Mother's Day. It was a warm day and the restaurant upstairs was uncomfortably warm. Too small of a spaced to do a brunch buffet and nothing special on the buffet for $29, quite pricey. The open table website quoted $26 pp but the waiter said it was $29pp, they didn't care when I let them know, "sorry 'bout that". Not impressed at all.
- Great foodChaseCDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and fresh, I walked out stuffed and satisfied, the seating wasn't the best but it was a major holiday (Mother's Day) overall I enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DiningProudmotherDined on 5/11/2014Went to Derek's for Mothers Day 2014, the food was pretty good. The omelettes were the best!!! The restaurant is a little small but they made the best of a small space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!HolgerDined on 5/11/2014We went there for brunch on Mother's day and it was absolutely nice. The restaurant was crowded with a long line at the buffet, but I didn't mind at all. Everyone was patient and enjoyed the good vibe of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodBrunchDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day Brunch. Good was very good. Service was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Not friendly service from the greeters to the waitress. Also The cost was advertised at $26.00 per person but cost was $29.00. Overall very disappointed for Mother's Day Brunch.