1735 19th Street #100
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday 3:00PM - 11:00PM, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00PM - 7:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Middlekauff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ask us about our wine club and get exclusive invites to wine and beer tastings through out the year.
A word from Denver Chophouse
You'll find the comfortable, warm-wooded restaurant filled with a crowd as diverse as the menu there for a special occasion or a casual gathering. The nostalgic feel, including the sounds of Big Band 30's and 40's coupled with a current menu with generous portions gives the Denver ChopHouse its approachable, yet upscale contemporary style. Handcrafted ales brewed on-site, small batch bourbons, and a fine array of single malt scotches all add to the ChopHouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Denver Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)good for groups (87)romantic (77)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (36)late-night find (18)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We had the New York strip and it was delicious - cooked to perfection. We also had the beef tips with mushroom which had a great homestyle flavor. Try the beer sampler also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a blastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We went to the chophouse for restaurant week and had an amazing waiter and the best food and service we have had in a while. It was delicious and we will definitely be going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant Week Diner...MarkDined on 8/27/2014Been to the Denver Chophouse numerous times in the past, although not for the last couple of years. While it may have been a mistake to go on Restaurant Week, we were largely disappointed in the quality of the meats (steaks) served this particular week. While the portions were reasonable, the meat itself was not up to previous standard we have become to expect from the Chophouse. While the other aspects of our dinner were fine, the alternative fine steak houses in Denver will likely see our future business.
- FoodVdenDined on 8/26/2014Food was good steak was over cooked. Service greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I came here with my family for restaurant week to check out their steak selections ... Awesome! Cooked to perfection and delicious sides to complement the meat. I had the white cheddar mashed potatoes and would recommend that or the wild rice pilaf to go with the sirloin steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not properly cook the meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Was very disappointed with my steak - charred on the outside and medium rare on the inside, and I asked them to throw it back on the grill, as I wanted a medium well steak. They took it and tried to cook longer. Still wasn't cooked to my liking (and even if the inside had been, the outside was charred and nearly inedible), but at that point I was hungry enough to eat it (and didn't want to make my dining companions feel bad). I've had better steaks at a chain restaurant. Very disappointed for the money I spent, and no remedy was offered. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first time at Chophouse, and unfortunately, probably my last. I was looking forward to trying a steak, but I was very disappointed in the quality. My steak was essentially tasteless, and it was extremely tough and difficult to chew. I did not alert my server because he seemed to be having a tough night with many tables to handle. And, I wondered if the steak was of such poor quality simply because it was restaurant week. I hope that is not the case, as restaurant week should be a time to put your "best foot forward" and gain repeat customers.
- Great Food!!HemdiallDined on 8/24/2014the food was Outstanding along with the service!! Had A great Time!!!Special Features:
- Great place with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014We were there with three couples and it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Yet Not PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014A nice restaurant that doesn't try to be a 5 star when it is just a very good upscale steakhouse. Appetizers were good, along with the salad. My 14 oz. NY strip was one of the tastiest I've had at a restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingjerricojonesDined on 8/23/2014I've eaten at the Chop House before and this time was just as good as before. Great menu choices, food was prepared perfectly, and the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great TreatLove2LoveDined on 8/22/2014My Fiance and I were celebrating our anniversary and enjoyed our time at dinner. Unfortunately, the table across the way from us had a 'chatty cathy' that was being overly loud. Out of the restaurants control of course, but other than that, it was great. Reservations were great because we didn't have to sit and wait like everyone else. Made our dinner very easy. Thanks for the great service!Special Features:
- Must do dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Was great food and service. Was a lovely experience. Will recommend this to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyThelaneDined on 8/20/2014The porterhouse is really tasty with the bourbon butter on it. The service was great.Special Features:
- Great spot for a business function.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014I took a group of 8 people here for a business dinner. The group was varied, all the way from Atlanta to Hong Kong. Some of the people were quite well traveled and used to dining out. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. Service was also impeccable. I highly recommend the Chop House to anyone. Also, this is probably the 5th or 6th time using them for a business function. They have never disappointed.Special Features:
- responsive to our needsdrisklDined on 8/18/2014I organized a group of 10 to lunch at ChopHouse for a quarterly professional gathering. The staff were very responsive to our needs. Easy to get separate checks; when 2 extra folks arrived they were quickly and comfortably accommodated and welcomed; helpful tips related to special diets (vegan, gluten free); we never had to look for the waitstaff - they were by our side as soon as we lifted our heads from conversation; they even smiled and laughed with us when we started moving to different seats (to talk with different colleagues) and they had to hunt for the person that used to be somewhere else. Everyone enjoyed their food. Drivers also commented that traffic was not bad and there was ample parking. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chophouse ServiceKatmDined on 8/17/2014As usual the food was very good. The service was sub-par. Took over 10 minutes for the server to even acknowledge us & she wanted to know if we were ready to order our food never asked if we wanted something to drink. So we ordered wine. Then she was back we ordered-salads & our entrees. Took a good 15 minutes before we received our salads & we had just started our salads & our entrees arrived!!! Not cool!! Not sure if we will be back anytime soon.... The Chophouse was NOT busy so no reason for such horrible service.Special Features:
- Good, but overpricedLookethereDined on 8/16/2014We had a party of four, early on a Saturday evening. Everything was fine, but the food was a bit off. Of the four meals, two had to be sent back. Steaks ordered medium to medium well came out very rare. My steak was good, but not work the price. It was ok, but I don't think its worth a special trip to eat here.
- MehBAlbDined on 8/16/2014The food was no where worth the price. The steaks were both burned, even though my fiancé got hers medium well. It also felt like the server forgot about us a few times.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCELOVESSTEAKDined on 8/16/2014MY WIFE AND I ENJOYED OUR DINNER VERY MUCH. NICE PEOPLE, THE FOOD WAS AMAZING, AND OVERALL A GREAT EXPERIENCESpecial Features:
- good jobGOODIESDined on 8/15/2014Our waiter was on point. My beer stayed full, my food was hot, there is a reason I always come back! Beer, corn bread, food, dessert, and service were all amazing favorite special occasion dinner spot in denver for sure! THREE Thumbs up:))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close to averageChopEatrDined on 8/9/2014the sauce i paid extra for on my steak was cold. the beer isn't pored right and is real foamy..
- The awesome dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014First time experience. The food was amazing. Our server was very helpful. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service experience.WhatHappenedToThisPlaceDined on 8/9/2014I've been coming to the DCH for years and have always had a great experience, until last night. The waiter was absent the entire night. Our drinks were always empty, the order was screwed up and wasn't corrected until almost halfway through the meal. The food was still fantastic but it was still a disappointing evening.Special Features:
- If you like chain food, this is it!RreinertDined on 8/4/2014The chop house is not what I remember it to be, it has been a while. The corn bread, is very good - but the good food stops there. The salad is pre-made and the edges of the bowls were finger printed, not appetizing. The crab cakes tasted like they came from a package and the remoulade served with it had been sitting under the heating lamp far too long, it came with a side of rice that was enough for the entire table of six. My husband's steak was overdone; he asked for medium, it was medium well. Our kid's steaks were done perfectly. The mushrooms we ordered as a side were cold and served with a sauce that tasted packaged as well - way too salty, similar to A1 sauce. Our server was less than enthused to serve us from the start.Special Features:
- CarolAFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Best service in the city. Before the dining room filled up, it was heavenly. After it filled, it was quite noisy, but tolerable. There are louder places in Denver who actually play on the noise level. We prefer quiet dining. But we love The Chophouse and will continue to go back. Incredible food, fantastic server who stayed with our every need.Special Features:
- Fabulous for LunchfoodieintrainingDined on 8/3/2014Celebrated a birthday here for lunch. Our table ordered the French Onion soup, grilled steak salads, salmon and burger. All meals were superb. All large portions. Savory, perfectly seasoned. Exquisite. 1/2 price bottles of wine and great wine selection. Perfect day for our celebration. Have been to the restaurant before for dinner, but now know lunch is equally as good as a dining experience. Fabulous!Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/2/2014Certainly a good place for dinner but, in truth, overpriced.Special Features:
- Awesome night!JulezkayDined on 8/2/2014We were 15 minutes late due to the light rail. They still welcomed us and sat us right away. Service and food were both excellent! We will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meatpizzaboyDined on 8/2/2014Have eaten here several times over the years and always get a very good steak. Good on-site-brewed beer too. Nice room, friendly, efficient service. You'll pay for all this but worth it every once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for a good steak!DenverJoeDined on 8/1/2014Loved my experience here! Came here on a first date and felt so comfortable with the entire experience at the Chop House. Food was great, service was awesome and it earned me a second date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very Good.lateeveningdinnerDined on 8/1/2014The service was Excellent, our server was very knowledgeable of the Menu, very friendly and help by suggesting which entrée to order. two of us ordered the Bone-in Ribeye medium rare both steaks were not cooked to the same degree, one being over cooked. However the Wedge Salad is practically a meal in itself. Overall the food was very good the atmosphere of the Chophouse was warm and inviting and we look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Chop House is one of my 2 favorite restaurants. My steak was a bit over-cooked which was disappointing considering steak is their signature entree. Normally I would send it back but felt rushed that evening. Not my usual experience in my 15 years of dinning there.Special Features:
- 50th birthday partyKF13Dined on 7/27/2014We went here for my husband's 50th birthday party. Great food, atmosphere, service, everything was great. They gave us a free dessert too, very special.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Went for our anniversary dinner. I was surprised how many kids were dining here. Food was excellent, service SLIGHTLY slow due to a Rockies game. But overall, it was great and I would come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T GO WHEN BASEBALL IS ONjodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014those jerks charged us $20 to valet! no parking validation for dining there - no where else to park - what a ripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Have loved the Chophouse in the past, but food was very average on this occasion. Maybe it was a bad night in the kitchen, but steaks were tough and did not have much flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014The food and service were very good. The restaurant was very accomdating to us regarding last minute changes to the reservation.Special Features:
- TunaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Love going to the chop house but was a little disappointed in the tuna option that is now on the menu. Doesn't feel as upscale and did not taste as good as the old tuna options you had on the menu. Other than that, good experience, and good food overall.Special Features:
- Excellent find!atlantapeachDined on 7/19/2014Best steaks in Denver, great wine list and bourbon choices. Service was wonderful! We will be back!Special Features: