1735 19th Street #100
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 296-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday 3:00PM - 11:00PM, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00PM - 7:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Middlekauff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ask us about our wine club and get exclusive invites to wine and beer tastings through out the year.
A word from Denver Chophouse
You'll find the comfortable, warm-wooded restaurant filled with a crowd as diverse as the menu there for a special occasion or a casual gathering. The nostalgic feel, including the sounds of Big Band 30's and 40's coupled with a current menu with generous portions gives the Denver ChopHouse its approachable, yet upscale contemporary style. Handcrafted ales brewed on-site, small batch bourbons, and a fine array of single malt scotches all add to the ChopHouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Denver Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)good for groups (90)romantic (76)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (40)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We made reservations and we were seated right away. The service was excellent (ask for Ricky), the wine he recommended was awesome and so was the food. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date restaurantMikeDined on 11/15/2014Terrific cuts of beef with friendly staff. Recently updated menu with additional steak selections. Enjoyed the strip and sirloins this time but have had the filet recently which was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I had the filet here and it was by far one if the beat aces in Denver that I have found for a great filet. We went here for a family members birthday and it was great that we could actually talk to each other while having dinner. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014We've been to Chophouse before & the last two times we've been there the food has not been as impressive as in the past. Our steaks were very dry this night.
- Medioce food in a fun settingAobGirlDined on 11/8/2014Such a shame that the quality of food does not match the ambiance.
- FantasticThe4BornsDined on 11/8/2014All around great restaurant for special occasion. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beverageWeeknight1Dined on 11/3/2014We stopped in on a Monday night, the food was excellent, the service fantastic and drink selection great. Love the locally brewed beers. Great Seafood steak/beef options.Special Features:
- funfoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014Love dining at Denver Chop House. Food and service are always consistently excellent. The atmosphere is great and always vibrant.Special Features:
- Not What the Name RepresentsKennyDined on 11/1/2014I've been in the Chop house in Charleston, WV and one in Norfolk, VA. Compared to these two, the one in Denver was lack-luster in many ways.Special Features:
- Good choicedebspinDined on 11/1/2014We had not been to the Chop House for a long time. We made a good choice, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Where to go in LoDo for Cow dinnersterlingwayDined on 10/29/2014Always a classic. Wish they would bring back the garlic mashers with skins in .Special Features:
- Disappointing SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Been there previously and have always enjoyed, however, this time two of our three meals were very disappointing......the rib-eyes ($40 ea) were very tough and approximately a third of each steak was un-edible.Special Features:
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Took wife for 15 yr anniversary. Great steaks and wine. Very customer service oriented. Really had an A1 experience. They were packed but super efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service, friendly and courteous. Another wonderful experience at the Denver Chop House!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food was superb, I've never been disappointed here. Try getting the Rib-eye with the Gorgonzola preparation!Special Features:
- The steaks we had were outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The mashed potatoes and cornbread can't be beat any where. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but when will they get GF?JulieVIPDined on 10/21/2014Would love to see GF bread for sandwiches and burgers and organic options on this menu! Otherwise good for business lunch especially.Special Features:
- Excellent!foodienewbieDined on 10/20/2014This was my first visit to the Denver Chophouse and it did not disappoint. From the awesomely delicious wheat beer to the wide selection of delicious appetizers to the delectable salmon (I don't eat meat) that I had, I was very satisfied. The service and restaurant itself were impressive as well. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always goodNebraskaDinerDined on 10/18/2014Have been to the Chop House in Denver several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJohnny73Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed a nice romantic dinner at the chophouse for our four year anniversary. This was our first time at the Denver chophouse and I really enjoyed it. The food was well-prepared and fresh the wine and the beer were very tasty and to top it off Our waiter brought us a dessert for anniversary we appreciated that! Overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner for ParentsbabybingDined on 10/18/2014Service was Good and would have been great but they forgot soup and salad that we ordered as sides for two of our party. Food was good and would have been great except my steak was undercooked ( I asked for medium and it was closer to rare. Also baked potato was kinda undercooked.) Others in our party though loved their meals. Appetizers kinda small for the price. Atmosphere was enjoyable. Overall Great time and Good experience.Special Features:
- Bachelor PartybachelorbrotherDined on 10/16/2014Booked my brother's bachelor party for 10 online. I called in and upped the count to 14, and had a surprise extra on the actual day. The staff handled all of this in stride and everything went off without a hitch. The service was excellent and was able to keep everyone's drink full and everyone got the right order despite there being 15 people.Special Features:
- CrampedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Brought 7 for lunch spent about 300 dollars. The table that you believed would fit seven people was terrible it could seat comfortably maybe five not seven.. This issue ruined the lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish they had gluten free optionsJulieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I love the Chophouse but wish they would add gluten-free bread to the menu and offer organic options or disclose that they do.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. The price is not outrageous. We always go there for birthday dinners with friends.
- Service was beyond bad.heymisterDined on 10/6/2014For what I thought was a high end restaurant, the service was ridiculously bad. After finishing my first cocktail waiter asked if I wanted another, I replied no but I'd like to see the beer menu. Five minutes later here he comes with another cocktail. There were three of us dining, two of our orders came with the wrong side. I asked for a baked potato, for rice. He brought me a potato in a bowl, uncut. As far as we could tell we were his only table. Disappointing to spend $200 on a meal and receive that kind of service. Have had better service and better food at Texas Roadhouse. Won't be back.
- Not worth the price of admission.JimmyRay5150Dined on 10/4/2014Went here to celebrate winning a couple of medals at GABF and was disappointed in the food and the beer, especially for the price. Had the pilsner to start with and had to send it back due to heavy oxidation. Ended up with the IPL and it was better. Food was about the same. Had the top sirloin and it was a not as tender as I would expect for the price. The asparagus was woody and the carrots undercooked. Server was very good and very attentive. Service was the highlight of the evening by far.
- HORRIBLE Experience!FanahmenalFoodDined on 9/30/2014I have been coming to The Denver Chophouse for years and have always enjoyed myself. However, it has obviously gone down hill. I ordered the Prime Rib, which was probably the worst I've EVER had. My boyfriend asked for his steak to be cooked well done. When he got it, it was shoe leather ... Burnt to a crisp! Last time we will dine here!Special Features:
- nice placebillyDined on 9/27/2014Everything was good from the valet to the service would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denver staple my go tojustifiedDined on 9/26/2014Great steak and affordable. Try the whiskey stout & French onion soup (possibly the best in Denver) my favorite snow day restaurant. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksFoodmeisterCODined on 9/26/2014The porterhouse and aged ribeye were good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was disappointingDisappointingDined on 9/25/2014I ordered a Rib Eye, the restraraunt's most expensive steak at $49, and when it came it looked like a flank steak. It was not a very good cut of meat. You can get much better at the Texas Road House. There were also a couple items missing when the food was served. Upon bringing up the issue with the steak and the missing items the server, Orion, seemed to not care. The service was poor at best.
- highly recommendedKBinMNDined on 9/24/2014The food and service were both excellent, which made for a great business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again!GregDined on 9/24/2014I love the Denver Chophouse for a business lunch; always consistently good.Special Features:
- Outstanding all-aroundKevinVIPDined on 9/23/2014I'm in Denver for a trade show, and that means customers who want an excellent steak in a place that allows them to show up in jeans. DC is a great spot for a guys-night-out... and the girls loved it too!Special Features:
- chop housenyckidDined on 9/21/2014Not our first tome here, but tried the' dry aged' KCStrip. A little disappointed that it was not more flavorful and more tender considering the up charge from regular menu item. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleDined on 9/21/2014Excellent as always! A great treat prior to our Sunday Rockies game! We love the 1/2 price wine by the bottle!!Special Features:
- nice pre-game lunchJanitaBDined on 9/21/2014We brought our elderly parents and son to lunch before the last Rockies home game. The food was excellent. Our server, Ricky, was friendly and funny, so observant that we never once looked around for him. We'll definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A letdownDiningNDenverDined on 9/20/2014I've been a fan of the DCH for a decade When we arrived at 7:45 the place was hopping, but not on a wait. We waited more than 10 mins for a waitress to address us, more than 20 mins after that for our first drinks. The waitress didn't come back for our main course order until we were finished our appetizer. My $45 steak was terribly overcooked, but recovered in just a few minutes and delicious after that. The place just wasn't on its game and at their new, higher menu prices, it's just not worth the risk of a date night. Sorry DCH, you're off the list :(
- Denver Chophouse DinnerJakeDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner at the Denver Chophouse after going to the Fall Home Show at the Denver Convention Center. The service and food were especially noteworthy. Highly recommended!Special Features: