1735 19th Street #100
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday 3:00PM - 11:00PM, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00PM - 7:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Middlekauff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ask us about our wine club and get exclusive invites to wine and beer tastings through out the year.
A word from Denver Chophouse
You'll find the comfortable, warm-wooded restaurant filled with a crowd as diverse as the menu there for a special occasion or a casual gathering. The nostalgic feel, including the sounds of Big Band 30's and 40's coupled with a current menu with generous portions gives the Denver ChopHouse its approachable, yet upscale contemporary style. Handcrafted ales brewed on-site, small batch bourbons, and a fine array of single malt scotches all add to the ChopHouse tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Denver Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Denver Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)good for groups (98)romantic (73)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (41)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- good but when will they get GF?JulieVIPDined on 10/21/2014Would love to see GF bread for sandwiches and burgers and organic options on this menu! Otherwise good for business lunch especially.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was my first visit to the Denver Chophouse and it did not disappoint. From the awesomely delicious wheat beer to the wide selection of delicious appetizers to the delectable salmon (I don't eat meat) that I had, I was very satisfied. The service and restaurant itself were impressive as well. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always goodNebraskaDinerDined on 10/18/2014Have been to the Chop House in Denver several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJohnny73Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I enjoyed a nice romantic dinner at the chophouse for our four year anniversary. This was our first time at the Denver chophouse and I really enjoyed it. The food was well-prepared and fresh the wine and the beer were very tasty and to top it off Our waiter brought us a dessert for anniversary we appreciated that! Overall it was a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner for ParentsbabybingDined on 10/18/2014Service was Good and would have been great but they forgot soup and salad that we ordered as sides for two of our party. Food was good and would have been great except my steak was undercooked ( I asked for medium and it was closer to rare. Also baked potato was kinda undercooked.) Others in our party though loved their meals. Appetizers kinda small for the price. Atmosphere was enjoyable. Overall Great time and Good experience.Special Features:
- Bachelor PartybachelorbrotherDined on 10/16/2014Booked my brother's bachelor party for 10 online. I called in and upped the count to 14, and had a surprise extra on the actual day. The staff handled all of this in stride and everything went off without a hitch. The service was excellent and was able to keep everyone's drink full and everyone got the right order despite there being 15 people.Special Features:
- CrampedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Brought 7 for lunch spent about 300 dollars. The table that you believed would fit seven people was terrible it could seat comfortably maybe five not seven.. This issue ruined the lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish they had gluten free optionsJulieVIPDined on 10/15/2014I love the Chophouse but wish they would add gluten-free bread to the menu and offer organic options or disclose that they do.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. The price is not outrageous. We always go there for birthday dinners with friends.
- Service was beyond bad.heymisterDined on 10/6/2014For what I thought was a high end restaurant, the service was ridiculously bad. After finishing my first cocktail waiter asked if I wanted another, I replied no but I'd like to see the beer menu. Five minutes later here he comes with another cocktail. There were three of us dining, two of our orders came with the wrong side. I asked for a baked potato, for rice. He brought me a potato in a bowl, uncut. As far as we could tell we were his only table. Disappointing to spend $200 on a meal and receive that kind of service. Have had better service and better food at Texas Roadhouse. Won't be back.
- Not worth the price of admission.JimmyRay5150Dined on 10/4/2014Went here to celebrate winning a couple of medals at GABF and was disappointed in the food and the beer, especially for the price. Had the pilsner to start with and had to send it back due to heavy oxidation. Ended up with the IPL and it was better. Food was about the same. Had the top sirloin and it was a not as tender as I would expect for the price. The asparagus was woody and the carrots undercooked. Server was very good and very attentive. Service was the highlight of the evening by far.
- HORRIBLE Experience!FanahmenalFoodDined on 9/30/2014I have been coming to The Denver Chophouse for years and have always enjoyed myself. However, it has obviously gone down hill. I ordered the Prime Rib, which was probably the worst I've EVER had. My boyfriend asked for his steak to be cooked well done. When he got it, it was shoe leather ... Burnt to a crisp! Last time we will dine here!Special Features:
- nice placebillyDined on 9/27/2014Everything was good from the valet to the service would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denver staple my go tojustifiedDined on 9/26/2014Great steak and affordable. Try the whiskey stout & French onion soup (possibly the best in Denver) my favorite snow day restaurant. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksFoodmeisterCODined on 9/26/2014The porterhouse and aged ribeye were good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was disappointingDisappointingDined on 9/25/2014I ordered a Rib Eye, the restraraunt's most expensive steak at $49, and when it came it looked like a flank steak. It was not a very good cut of meat. You can get much better at the Texas Road House. There were also a couple items missing when the food was served. Upon bringing up the issue with the steak and the missing items the server, Orion, seemed to not care. The service was poor at best.
- highly recommendedKBinMNDined on 9/24/2014The food and service were both excellent, which made for a great business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again!GregDined on 9/24/2014I love the Denver Chophouse for a business lunch; always consistently good.Special Features:
- Outstanding all-aroundKevinVIPDined on 9/23/2014I'm in Denver for a trade show, and that means customers who want an excellent steak in a place that allows them to show up in jeans. DC is a great spot for a guys-night-out... and the girls loved it too!Special Features:
- chop housenyckidDined on 9/21/2014Not our first tome here, but tried the' dry aged' KCStrip. A little disappointed that it was not more flavorful and more tender considering the up charge from regular menu item. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleDined on 9/21/2014Excellent as always! A great treat prior to our Sunday Rockies game! We love the 1/2 price wine by the bottle!!Special Features:
- nice pre-game lunchJanitaBDined on 9/21/2014We brought our elderly parents and son to lunch before the last Rockies home game. The food was excellent. Our server, Ricky, was friendly and funny, so observant that we never once looked around for him. We'll definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A letdownDiningNDenverDined on 9/20/2014I've been a fan of the DCH for a decade When we arrived at 7:45 the place was hopping, but not on a wait. We waited more than 10 mins for a waitress to address us, more than 20 mins after that for our first drinks. The waitress didn't come back for our main course order until we were finished our appetizer. My $45 steak was terribly overcooked, but recovered in just a few minutes and delicious after that. The place just wasn't on its game and at their new, higher menu prices, it's just not worth the risk of a date night. Sorry DCH, you're off the list :(
- Denver Chophouse DinnerJakeDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner at the Denver Chophouse after going to the Fall Home Show at the Denver Convention Center. The service and food were especially noteworthy. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestMoonWomanVIPDined on 9/19/2014I took 10 for dinner before a Rockies' fireworks game. Surprisingly, the restaurant was not full. We waited 45+ minutes for our food to be served, I ordered a rare burger; it was well done. The mashed potatoes were lukewarm. After the food was served, we never saw the waiter again until it was time to present the check, so I didn't have an opportunity to tell him about the problems with my meal. And, because it took so long to get the food, I wouldn't have waited for the chef to prepare another burger anyway. I once worked across the street from the Chophouse and ate there often; the food and service were outstanding. My last two visits were disappointing, so I'm not sure I want to chance a third disappointment.
- I wanted to love it.oojackiepaperooDined on 9/18/2014I wanted to love this restaurant but I cannot lie. I was unimpressed. The decor definitely had you stepping back in time. The wine was amazing. The spinach artichoke dip was really good, but the prime rib was by far the fattiest piece of prime rib I've ever eaten in my life. I threw half of it away because it was all fat. I had to be in Boulder and it was my boyfriends birthday so I didn't want to make a scene by a sending it back. The "aus ju" they put on it was a thicker sauce that literally made it taste like a hot dog. Gross. The server also seemed to be unhappy to be there. When you're making $20 minimum per table, I don't understand why you would not be happy about that. For a hundred dollar dinner, I expected a better experience.Special Features:
- Great foodMelanyeDined on 9/15/2014Outstanding food. Was a little dissapointed that you didn't carry Moscato wine, then didn't have bloody mary mix, and then didn't have to-go bags. Oh well. I'll still come back!Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I just love a dark, comfortable bar in a steakhouse. Great martinis!!! The steaks were perfect as was the salad and sides. All around a great experience.Special Features:
- ExperienceBadwaitressDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been enjoying the Chop House for the past 20 years. We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary there on Fri, Sept 12. I have never received bad food or service at the Chop House, but my steak was overdone. The waitress wasn't very accommodating. She did bring me a different dish which was good. However, she avoided our table, never refilling water or paying any attention to our table. We felt that since we had noted the dish was not prepared properly she was angry at us and didn't treat us very well. We are now hesitant to call the Chop House our favorite Denver resturant.Special Features:
- One of a kindTeamGarrettDined on 9/11/2014Love this place for the food/beer and atmosphere. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch with the OfficebeatalleyDined on 9/11/2014We came in for lunch, there were about 8 of us from the office. The waitress did spill a tray of drinks on a couple of my co-workers to start the party. She quickly apologized and cleaned everything up. We then had to wait for about 10+ minutes to get our food orders placed. The food was fantastic as always. We were given three comped desserts to share to apologize for the drinks being spilled. We will continue to visit the Chop House as we normally do, but this was slowest and sloppiest event we have ever had at the Chop House. i probably could have rated it a bit lower but we spend lots of time and money in the Chop House company wide, and mostly all of our other times have been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatBeauDined on 9/6/2014My 4th time here. Food is always great! Busy night service was still quick.... Only down side, the valet fared in our car just before bringing it back. Kind of funny! LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I made a reservation for the weekend that family was in town. It ended up being the perfect dinner! We arrived early and got drinks at the bar, which made the time pass quickly. Our waitress was excellent, although I don't remember her name. Food was perfect, and we even got my brother's girlfriend to try the steak. She loved it, and she never eats red meat, so that's saying a lot. I will recommend this place to everyone looking for a steakhouse, or a restaurant in general. Thanks for the great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014First time at Denver Chophouse - would definitely go back! food was fantastic. service excellent.Special Features:
- DeenoDined on 9/5/2014Prime Rib was delicious as was the wedge of lettuce.Special Features:
- Great food; bad serviceSunMay11Dined on 9/2/2014I have dined at the Chophouse many times. On this occasion, when it was not crowded at all as it usually is, the service was terrible. The waiter was inattentive. There was no reason for him to ignore providing the service that is to be expected at a restaurant of this caliber. The food was fine but not worth experiencing bad service.Special Features:
- The ChophouseClanGillenDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I were in town visiting and looking for a great meal before returning home . We were not disappointed ! The wait staff was exceptional and the food was excellent ! The tuna steak and NY Strip are to die for . We will make it a point to dine there every time either of us are in Denver .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This is a great location. I felt as if I'd walked back in time and we loved it. The food was good, but our server seemed a little rattled, must have been new, but it didn't stop us from having a good meal in a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Used to be great. Picked a night when Rockies out of town. The place was pretty empty on a Saturday night. Food was good not great. Steak cooked to order but tough. Service was excellent. Tab was $100 for two with 2 glasses of wine. Not a great meal just ok. Not likely to be back.Special Features:
- Love itAngel2013Dined on 8/31/2014This is our go to place for special occasions. We love it and I have never had a bad meal or bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.