Deno's Mountain Bistro
78911 US Hwy 40
Winter Park, CO 80482Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Deno's Mountain Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://denoswp.com/
- Phone: 9707265332
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Debbie Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Deno's can accommodate all your off-site catering needs. Our Chef will work with you to create the perfect event.
- Entertainment: Voted Winter Park's best Apres-Ski and Happy Hour.
A word from Deno's Mountain Bistro
Est. 1976. Best Happy Hour In Grand County: 3-6pm daily. Locals’ favorite eatery and sports pub. 300 bottle wine list. Steaks, Seafood, Pasta, Burgers, Sandwiches. We have it all!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deno's Mountain Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- good bar/restaurant!DenWPVIPDined on 7/31/2014The locals favorite, Deno's is consistently good. Their servers are very nice, too!Special Features:
- love2eatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Yum! Everything was fantastic! We come to Winter Park all the time and will most definitely be back.Special Features:
- Deck view was greatFoodiesDined on 7/4/2014Food was lacking in taste. A couple of drunk locals ruined the dinner and when mentioned to the server it was like we were speaking a different language.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2014Nothing great...go have a beer and appetizers and you will be happy
- Garnd County LocalgreatplaceVIPDined on 6/20/2014Love Deno's. Always fun, food great. Fun menu! The renovations are perfect. Love the outside dining.Special Features:
- local funpickyDined on 6/20/2014We always enjoy Deno's because it is one of the few local restaurants that has been around awhile which maintains the Winter Park ambiance! It is completely unpretentious. The food is always good (particularly the steaks), and it is comfortable for families or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!DenWPVIPDined on 6/15/2014Dinner @ Deno's -- favorite waiter, great pizza, salad & wine -- what's not to like!Special Features:
- Solid bar fareDenWPVIPDined on 6/3/2014Their food is consistently good. We have one complaint - they nickel & dime for small extras on the pizza that is supposed to have everything. Two bucks extra for jalapeños? Come on. Same when we've asked for basil. If the pizza is supposed to have 'everything', then they shouldn't charge extra for small things like basil or jalapeños. It's just annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Deno's Mountain Bistro reviews archive.
- Great birthday experience!CoSamanthaDined on 4/26/2014I wanted a nice restaurant for a dinner to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriends while visiting winter park. Deno's did not disappoint! Doug and Matt gave great suggestions on food and drinks. They really made us feel like family and invited all the staff to toast to our ladies weekend (and the co avs playoff win!) with us. The food was amazing: salmon, mushroom ravioli with shrimp, shrimp Alfredo, and the filet. The drink pairings were also perfect. Thanks everyone for a wonderful dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time Deno's FanyummVIPDined on 4/20/2014In Winter Park, Colorado this is a must stop every trip. Casual, and rustic Deno's Mountain Bistro consistently provides delicious food and the servers are exceptional.Special Features:
- excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Beet salad .... trout....outstanding. service by shenoah was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!KeithandCarolVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is one of my absolute favorite restaurants, regardless of the fact that it is in Winter Park. I live in Denver and always eat there verytime I am in Winter Park, which is about every weekend during the winter and at least a few times a month during the other months. The food quality is fabulous, always freshly made, and very delicious. I've had tried just about everything on the menu and am still surprised by the nightly specials they have. The wine selection is also quite large. The mozarella and ricotta appetizer is all made in house. The trout is the best I've ever had. The steaks are very, very good. I highly recommend this restaurant, even if you have to drive a bit from out of town. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy!TravellinGalVIPDined on 3/30/2014We really enjoyed Deno's...it's a really nice restaurant with great food, wine and service. Wish there was more seating near, but not inside of, the fireplace:-)Special Features:
- Yum!5seasonfoodieDined on 3/28/2014We ate at the Bistro for the first time and will be back again for sure. The food was AMAZING! We sat in a booth, which helped with the noise - as the place wasa hopping, but with our reservation, got right in and the service was quick and great as well. Thanks for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously, did that just happen?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2014Found the place on Open Table, checked out the reviews, but I still did not have a feel for what to expect. This place is just great. Few places offer the atmosphere that this place does. It's noisy, funky, and busy, but has a feeling of a neighborhood bistro gem. Clean place (considering most folks come in off the slopes or trails) and incredible service quality, all the while giving off a feeling of relaxation and down-home charm. But what makes it great is the incredible food...it's about as high-end as you can get without being uppity. (not that there is anything wrong with uppity...I love that stuff, too) If you are in Winter Park...there aren't too many other options, especially if kids are in tow.Special Features:
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2014Bill our waiter continually always makes our dining experience the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Rocky Mtn TroutEstebanDined on 3/21/2014Nice dinner with the adult family. I was there twice this ski season and enjoyed very good - excellent food and excellent service. Will be back this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spring break family vacationBarnard4Dined on 3/19/2014We had 2 birthdays to celebrate and we had a very nice meal and we're so full we couldn't do dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014I wish we lived closer to this restaurant. The wine list and gorgonzola foundue is outstanding. Everyone who had steak was very satisfied. The menu is diverse. Our waiter was on point and made everything fun. I liked the convenience of online reservations and was very happy that my request of a round table for seatiing was met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deano's was solid as usual.BillyVVIPDined on 3/15/2014deano's was solid as usual. Our server, Bill, is always professional and attentive. This visit was no exception. Continues to be one of the better restaurants in Winter Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Winter Park find...GidbugDined on 3/7/2014We have been coming to Winter Park for years and have never tried Deno's...however, that is about to change. It was a fun place to be and the food was great....the service was outstanding. We had 2 different pastas and salads with delicious bread. Denos is definitely high on our list of WP restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Après-SkiLeighbVIPDined on 3/5/2014We went for their pizza and salad, which we very much like, after a great day of powder skiing. Since we were there during Happy Hour, we ventured into one of their discounted Greek menu items, to try that part of the menu. Lamb Sliders... very tasty and on a unique mini Ciabatta- style roll. Deno's offers a wide-ranging menu for many taste preferences. Service has always been sincere, friendly, and competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza & saladDenWPVIPDined on 3/4/2014They make good pizza, Greek salad, trout, and a host of other dishes. It's the locals favorite in WP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night!MountainchicDined on 3/1/2014We had a group of 8 and celebrated birthdays. I ordered the special - John Dory. Outstanding!! Service was great ... and the restaurant was packed! We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdated restuarant, outdated menuacjohnsonDined on 2/26/2014We dined at Deno's the other night as a recommendation from a family member. The food was OK and the price tag was expensive (which we expected). The appetizer was some sort of sampler platter with tortilla pieces, olives, feta cheese and 3 kinds of dipping sauces. I would not recommend this appetizer as it was plain and not very good in general... I ordered a pizza thinking it would be small and it was bigger than I thought but thin crust so it wasn't hard to eat most of it. It was the pizza with 'everything but anchovies' and it wasn't very good either... My wife ordered the fettuccine alfredo and it cam with five shrimp and I think she liked it alright but for the price it wasn't that great either... menu needs updating.Special Features:
- Good happy hour fareDenWPVIPDined on 2/25/2014We had an enjoyable happy hour with a friend; we all enjoyed it & the service was great, as always.Special Features:
- The noise level in this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014The noise level in this restaurant is so bad that one cannot even have a conversation with those at your table. We were trying to have a nice family birthday dinner and the noise level was the worst I think I had ever experienced. It was far beyond energetic, but in your survey, you do not give the choice of WAY TO NOISY. I will not go back to this place. The food was just ok.Special Features:
- Love Deno'sGreatasusualDined on 2/21/2014Deno's is usually our go to when we want to go out as a couple or with a group. Booking the reservation online was easy and the restaurant was ready for us. The overall experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in townMBC61Dined on 2/17/2014We always make sure we hit Deno's when we are in Winter Park. Best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMendhamSueDined on 2/16/2014Found this restuarant on Yelp when on a long weekend visit to WinterPark. Steaks were delicious (although I did have to send mine back to be cooked a little more), our waiter was great, and place had a nice ski town feel. On the pricier side but well worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in winter parkBartDined on 2/15/2014First time at Deno's in Winter Park. We had a great experience! Wine list was incredible and the service was excellent. I had seared sea scallops, which was great. My wife had the filet which was incredible! Excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to denos severalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We have been to denos several times and had good experiences. Friday night, however, we had the worst seats in the house ( front of fireplace), it took way too long to get initially served, we had to ask for bread, had to request dessert menu, couldn't find someone to process bill...overall, we felt invisible. We will be back because of prior experiences, but Friday was a real dud...I would have expected better at Quiznos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ski town restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding service, not the place to take someone for quiet conversation. Tables are close together so you can find out what your neighbors are up to. Food was excellent. Very warm place where people know one another.Special Features:
- Cheers in Winter Park!PCGuestVIPDined on 2/9/2014Deno's is our favorite place for great drinks, great food and wonderful, friendly atmosphere. Deno's is the place we can always suggest to visitors and friends. We know that they will love Deno's as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must if you're staying in WPChrisDined on 2/8/2014Very nondescript from the outside, but once you step it a completely different feel, bustling with people chatting eating, plates and glasses clanking, very pleasant. Food was excellent, wine list was quite extensive. The waiter was extremely friendly. Will always go back whenever I'm in town. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stayed at the Winter ParkRickDined on 2/8/2014We stayed at the Winter Park Resort and was craving a good steak after a few days of skiing. We came across a Deno's add and also asked around and Deno's was recommended. My daughters and I went their for dinner and I had a great NY Strip which was cooked perfectly. One of my daughter's had King Crab legs which she loved and the other had a delicious pasta dish. We went back again the next night!Special Features:
- Reservations a Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014A known destination for great food post skiing, so make sure you get reservations, especially on Friday and Saturday. Families with small children were mostly gone by 7 pm. Great food, great service, fun place.Special Features:
- Always good!DenWPVIPDined on 2/6/2014Great servers, fun & lively atmosphere, consistently good food!Special Features:
- Great food, service lacked a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014Well we were there to watch the Super Bowl so it was a little busy, however our waitress forgot about us and rarely checked on if we needed anything as she was consumed more by larger parties and when we asked another waitress for the bread we should have already been served she didn't bring it either and we asked another waitress who finally brought. The food though was really good, I think on a regular night service would probably be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was outstanding andkaterinaDined on 2/1/2014the food was outstanding and the service was also outstanding. We had 2 children with us and they put their orders in first without any problem at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.