Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort
5700 Saddlebrook Way
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saddlebrookresort.com/
- Phone: 8139074574
- Hours of Operation:
Dempsey's is open for dinner nightly from 6:00pm - 10:00pm. Later, join us in our bar/lounge for an after dinner drink, to watch the game or enjoy some of our fine cigars and cordials on the patio.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Desmond
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dempsey’s menu and service can be duplicated for a private function anywhere on property. We are also happy to sit large parties when possible in our main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Geoff Scott 8139074991
- Entertainment: The bar/lounge has 8 large, flat-screen TV's so you can always catch your favorite team in action. Over the weekends you can step outside to enjoy the live band at Poolside.
75/per person minimum for that night.
Reservation Confirmation Message: Thank you for choosing Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort. We look forward to welcoming you for all of your special holiday dinners or parties.
A word from Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort
Dempsey’s Steakhouse located at Saddlebrook Resort is just north of Tampa 1-mile off I-75. Dempsey’s has the casual atmosphere of a steakhouse with its dark, rustic wood beams yet soft lighting and background music, potted palms, heavy silver, and fine linen for it to be comfortably elegant. Dempsey’s also offers full menu service in the lounge for a more casual atmosphere. You can start out with a selection of bountiful salads from our salad table or a Caesar salad made tableside. We offer USDA Prime steaks including our Black Angus, Rib On Cowboy Steak and fresh line caught seafood like our Chilean Sea Bass and Key West Shrimp. You will also enjoy our sides for two and our chocolate soufflé, hot apple pie baked as you dine or other homemade desserts. You can pair any meal with that perfect bottle of wine as we have an award-winning wine list with over 625 bottles to choose from. Please enjoy Dempsey’s Steakhouse, as you will find that we are the “best kept secret" in Tampa Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- norulesDined on 8/22/2014Nice for a special occasion but expensive -$35 - $45 an entree with everything priced separately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.DebbieDined on 8/13/2014This was a great experience. Received gift card and was very pleased with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionsValueDinerDined on 8/8/2014We went to Dempsey's for my wife's birthday. The salad bar was yummy. The filet steak was huge and tasty. The diver scallops were really good. A little pricey but still good value for the quality if the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!FoodieGirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014The steaks at Dempsey's are delicious and the food bar is my favorite offering. Two sides can easily feed 4 people. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best salad bar on planet earthfoodieyesDined on 7/25/2014while not the largest selection of items on the salad bar, each and every single item is of the highest quality and flavor. Truly the very best salad bar I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerDavidDined on 7/21/2014Had a great dinner at Dempsey's. Waitress was very nice, knew the menu well, didn't rush us through dinner. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Better the second time, expensiveJenni9733Dined on 7/16/2014Stayed at resort and ate here twice. First night service was painfully slow even though only one other table. Summer not a popular time for resort. Next dinner service was spot on, although they did make a mistake with one dish... We were a very large group. Food was surprisingly good for resort food. One note... very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable but priceyCitationVIPDined on 6/14/2014We like eating at Dempsy's- wish they would offer some different selections. The menu gets boring ...... A soup de jour, a special catch of the evening, different and expanded appetizers- same menu for years. The prices are also very high for what u get.Special Features:
- The following 173 reviews are from the Dempsey's Steakhouse at Saddlebrook Resort reviews archive.
- Great ExperiencePrestonDined on 3/28/2014The meal was great. Linda was very good and patient with us. She even bought a surpise at the end of the meal for my mom that was going out of town. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedDavidinNewTampaDined on 3/10/2014Steak Diane is fantastic. My favorite filet dish of all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen OOOPPPSGrassbossDined on 2/15/2014Have dined here on several occasions, enjoy the whole product of Dempseys. However, on this occasion over 35minutes between salad and dinner while guest that sat down after us were being served and finishing was not acceptable. Waitress said at 20 minute mark our order was on way, that did not happen. I have to blame kitchen or waitress for not keeping up on order. Thought manager should have stoppped by, did not happen... Food itself when it arrived was great ,but wait ruined our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end place for dinner!LuisDined on 2/15/2014Excellent! Everything was excellent, the food, the service, the ambient, everything! It is THE place for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014We thought the food here was good, but nothing special and quite pricey. The restaurant facility is pretty tired and dated, and the ambience would definitely benefit from an update. On a bright note, our waiter was very friendly and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nothing special asOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Really nothing special as far as steak restaurants go. It is also annoying difficult to get there. If you are coming in from outside the gated community, you must go through a gate with a security guard who will stop you and get all your information, then drive 25 mph all the way around the apartments on a poorly light street, then you are forced to use the valet parking. After that you have to walk around a large pool area with poor signage and again, poor lighting. The food was nothing exciting for how expensive it was and they were also out of one of their basic wines.
- friday night dinnerJorgeDined on 1/31/2014Took the wife out for dinner to Dempsey's based on a friends recommendation. Was told it would be better than most high end steak restaurants in Tampa and was a little disappointed. I could tell the salad, prepared table side was a little old, getting soft around the edges (for the price, you'd expect just pulled from the ground) Meal was good, not outstanding as I was prepared to have. Way, way overpriced for what you get in return. The meal I would grade a solid "B" but not for what you pay. Stick with the Shula's, Bern restaurants etc...Special Features:
- Return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2014We bought a condo at Saddlebrook in 2005, so visit here annually. Pleased to see menu expanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very expensive steaks!caviarDined on 1/4/2014luckily we were not in the mood for steaks but noticed they ranged from 36 to 60 dollars...sides not included. instead we opted for the pasta and it was very good.Special Features:
- New Year's ResolutionMrsCDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went to Dempsey's on New Year's Eve, and were extremely disappointed with our experience. The dress code was not enforced and the service we received was sub-par at best as our waiter failed to visit the table enough to meet our needs. As far as the food - my husband ordered their "special" steak (a $60 entree) which was almost raw in the center (ordered medium). My steak was also well undercooked. Upon ending our dinner, our waiter informed us that we had not met a $75 minimum threshold. We were confused as our bill totaled close to $200 already - however he told us that it was a $75 min. per person excluding drinks. We were then forced to order a dessert that we didn't want. Overall, not a good experience.
- happy new yearjoatDined on 12/31/2013Service was excellent food was very good. Hve been there several times previously.Special Features:
- disappointed customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013My chief complaint, was that over the phone, I was informed of the $75.00 minimum. I was ok with that. When we got there, we were informed that it was $75.00 per person. The manager failed to come to a resolution. I would like to commend the waiter. His service. Thank you, Michael C. Jones
- Great alternative to Strip MallsnoodleDined on 12/24/2013It had been several years since I last visited Saddlebrook Resort. While the interior of Dempsey's could use up dating [ and maybe more insulation] the fact that they had a "dated" approach to food and service was a plus in my opinion. My highlight was the table side preparation of my Caesar salad. The steaks[ we had three different cuts] were all done perfectly. Champagne was well priced as well for those interested in kicking it up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outChrisDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I were DD for our daughter who was attending Christmas party at Saddlebrook so we decided to dine at Dempsey's for convenience. We were very pleased with our decision as the food and service were great. My wife had the 10oz filet and it was cooked as requested. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was delicious. We had 2 side vegetables and both were excellent. My wife finished with a chocolate soufle and not a drop was left. A great night overall and the timing was perfect to take our daughter home after her party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksSandyDined on 11/27/2013Great steaks,but a little pricey, everything ala carte. Had to pour our own wine. A nice touch they did provide a free desert for my birthday!Special Features:
- Dempsey's is a favoriteWarrenDined on 10/19/2013Dempsey's is located in the lovely Saddlebrook Resort community, home of many of professional tennis' best players. Whether at the smaller venue, Dempsey's Too, or at the larger one, Denpsey's, the food is magnificent, and the service is great. The salad bar is the best I have seen anywhere. We have a number of truly great steak houses in the Tampa area, including Bern's - perennially rated one of the top 5 in the country. Truth be told, we find it more relaxing and a better experience at Dempsey's, and the food is every bit as good. The main restaurant is a bit of a walk from the valet parking drop off, but there are trams available to take you to the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dempsey'sHolgerDined on 10/5/2013The food and service was really good. We chose a wine of the wine list which was not available ( second time we noticed this) instaedt we got offered a similar red wine which was good too. The overhead light above our table was not functional. We had a liitle problem seeing our food and ask for a second candle light which helped a bit. We addressed this to the main waiter and he said he addressed this to the Manager 2 weeks ago. Hope next time all lights are functional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place super salad bar!!Sport99Dined on 9/27/2013We were impressed with the items on the salad bar! We will return and look forward to Holiday brunch and more, Happy to live so close to Saddlebrook to enjoy it!Special Features:
- No impressedRickDined on 9/7/2013I really expected a lot more from Dempsey's. If I recall correctly you get a choice of 22 or 26 ounce steak other than the filets. Why not a 9 or 12 ounce....22 ounce bone is is still too much for most in one sitting when you include your sides and (maybe) a soup or salad. Also, I expected my angus cowboy to me (somewhat) tender....not at all. It was very tasteful, but chewy. My wife ordered a 10 ounce ($44 by the way) filet med-rare that came out mostly medium except in the middle where it was Med-rare. The smashed potatoes were sitting on butter...really...did't even eat them....Restaurant is way over priced...and for what it's worth price not an issue with me...if I am getting the quality me the expectation.Special Features:
- You feel welcomeDanjDined on 8/6/2013Keith was an excellent waiter, very personable, efficient, attentive. He went out of his way to make the dinner enjoyable. Thank You! The Filet was wonderful. For a special occasion this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak dinner Dempsey's on 6/29/13Steak0401Dined on 6/29/2013I was disappointed with Dempsey's. We had heard good comments from friends and was looking forward to it. Perhaps it was an off night. The staff and service was friendly and warm. Our table location was good. The caprese salad came without balsamic vinegar nor basil. We had to request it. Our steaks came without the bernaise and poivre sauces and we had to request it. The waiter brought a small silver thimble of each sauce for 4 people. We did split two steaks between 4 people but at $47 for 14oz steak (no sides), a 2nd thimble or a creamer of sauce would have been appropriate and inline with the pricing. The sauces were okay a little thin - nothing special. The steak itself was good. The chocolate cake was very good.
- Romantic AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013The service is outstanding. Attentive but not obstrusive wait staff. Linens pressed, crystal spotless and silver gleaming. The food is fresh and has wonderful flavor. This is our 6th time going to Dempsey's for our anniversary. We were gifted with a free desert with a special anniversary message written in raspberry puree. It was a little noisy at first with some young children in attendance, but after they left is was very romantic. Thanks again Dempsy's for a romantic and memorable evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I expectedBillDined on 5/4/2013My wife and I visited Dempsey's in Saddlebrook for the first time and was a bit dissapointed.. I had the 14 oz new York strip and it was cooked as I ordered. However the cost was $44.00 just for the steak and all else was ala carte. I have no issue paying $44.00 for a steak alone but it better be wonderful! I could have made that steak on my grill @ home for $12.00. I could go to Ruth's Crist for less and the steak is much better as is the ambience. I was dissapointed as they claim to have wonderful steaks. My wife had the Chillean Sea bass and it was wonderful! I tried some of hers and I should have gotten that. Less expensive and much much better than My steak!!
- I've heard about Dempsey'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013I've heard about Dempsey's for years and I found out for myself what others have been saying. Just a very nice place with knowledgeable staff and were very customer focused in making it a special experience. Oh yes, best steak I've had in a long, long time.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food was very good but also overpriced. The service was average, but they added the tip to the bill and it was only the two of us. The tip should be up to us to show our satisfaction with the service, or the lack thereof. They did suprise us for desert, though we didn't order anything. They brought us a large piece of chocolate cake with a strawberry carved into a rose with the words "Happy 25th Anniversary" written in chocolate on a white choclate sauce. Overall, I would recommend Dempsey's, just wish it were more reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Would be a better restaurantEaterOutOftenDined on 4/26/2013Would be a better restaurant with a refresh on the furniture and carpet. For the cost of dinner for two (over $200), there are better steakhouses in Tampa.
- Great food and service alongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Great food and service along with a great veiw from the table
- Overall the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Overall the food was good depending on what you ordered. One person in out party ordered a $50 steak that was unfit to eat....it was loaded with FAT. Sent it back for a filet which was much, much better but still overpriced at $40. Overall, Dempsey's is way overpriced. Nothing comes with your meal. When your entrée arrives, your plate is barren as there is only a lone piece of fish or steak or whatever you order on the plate - nothing else. If you want a exquisite meal that includes everything plus more, go to Bern's - there is no comparison. I would not return to Dempsey's.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013We can always count on Dempsey's for a fabulous steak - and this time was no different. Also had the 'salad bar' - Oh my, it is hard to resist seconds on this one.Special Features:
- NEVER disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013We had a wonderful time as usual. Dempsey's is located in Saddlebrook and open to the public which I don't think a lot of people know. We have NEVER been disapointed in our meal or service!!! PS I think you should add a place on your review to post a picture!Special Features:
- This is not a place to goPoboDined on 3/9/2013This is not a place to go if you want a nice quiet romantic dinner. The dress code was all over the place shorts, flip flops to jackets. Very loud and noisy because there are noth booths just open areas. Steaks are overpriced, they say they are Prime, there was no comparrison to Capital Grille for the same price.
- Cowboy steak was incredible,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Cowboy steak was incredible, all the sides were very good, special nod to the creamed corn ... i count down the days every year until the cowboy steak festivities ... again, this year did not disappoint