Dempsey's Brew Pub & Restaurant
333 W Camden Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dempsey's Brew Pub & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dempseysbaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4108437901
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Dempsey's Brew Pub & Restaurant
Just opened in Oriole Park at Camden Yards – Dempsey’s Brewpub and Restaurant! The new spot is named after Orioles fan favorite and 1983 World Series MVP, Rick Dempsey. The restaurant will be open year-round on game days and non-game days.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dempsey's Brew Pub & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not-so-quick lunchPhillyexpatsVIPDined on 6/3/2014Went to Dempsey's for lunch on a Tuesday when the Orioles were out of town. I figured it would be empty and our party of three could have a quick lunch. Unfortunately, our simple order took forever to arrive, even though the place was sparsely populated. The food was good standard lunch fare, but I did not understand the club sandwich which was about 6 inches tall, so you could not attempt to take bites out of it. I wound up using a knife and fork. Portions were generous and the atmosphere was pleasant. Free parking for lunch is a real plus.
- game day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2014Good service, good food, good drinks & great atmosphere in Camden Yards. Wonderful venue for baseball game! Worth the visit.Special Features:
- always great foodoriolesfamilysmith1Dined on 5/11/2014when going to the O's game we often plan to make it an event. So we will eat at the field. After our first visit there we were hooked. You can get great food with a reasonable price and often have spectacular service. Whether inside or out it is always a great location to take family time to relax and slow down. I would recommend this to any family with children as well as anyone looking for a great place with an awesome location. The like that the food is different from the common chain restaurants. If we go to a game we go to Dempsey's.Special Features:
- Great before a night game!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Made a reservation for a friday afternoon before we went to a game. Sat outside with a great view of the stadium. The Crab Dip on ANYTHING is great.When I go to another game Dempsey's will be my pregame.Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the Dempsey's Brew Pub & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Pretty good food, service not soBearDined on 4/24/2014Went to Dempsey's because I wanted to take my girlfriend out to dinner at a place that I enjoyed and introduce the history of the O's to her, as she's a new baseball fan. What better way than to go to Dempsey's for dinner to watch some of the game and take in the beauty of The Yard? The food was good, I got the Cobb salad and she got a burger with the sweet potato tots as her side. We also indulged in an appetizer of the bacon on a stick that was very good. We did however find a little bit of a problem with the service. The restaurant/bar was not busy, our server did not provide the information of an upcharge on due to the substitution of tots for fries with the burger. She was a little abrasive as well, and we did not feel welcome.Special Features:
- Loved Dempsey'sVisitorDined on 4/12/2014You can't beat Dempsey's - this is our second visit to Baltimore and "eating at Dempsey's" was a must on our list. You can't beat the atmosphere - sitting at a table overlooking Camden Yards and eating their delicious and creative food. Bacon on a stick is excellent as is the white pizza and mac and cheese. We had a great experience!Special Features:
- Great food, awesome location!GoOsDined on 4/1/2014What better place for a sports bar dedicated to Orioles baseball than at Camden Yards. From the Dempsey's microbrews to the crab dip pretzels, Dempsey's screams Inner Harbor! Great food is moderately priced. Overall Dempsey's was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great time at Demsey'slucy22Dined on 3/26/2014I have been to Demsey's several times. This time we attended for an Orioles "Operation Orange Rally" and they did not disappoint. Server was attentive and quick even though the place was packed. Fish tacos and burgers are always good. Treat yourself to the sweet potato tater tots. Beer is a little expensive but better than inside the ballpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Went to early dinner before concert in Baltimore. Great scenery of the ballpark added to the dinner experience. Food and service was excellent. It wasn't first time at Demseys. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatly improved!AnnMarieVIPDined on 3/14/2014I visited Dempsey's when it first opened and was truly not impressed by their food. I was so unimpressed, in fact, that it took me two years to come back, and I'm glad that I did. While the restaurant kept all of the things that I liked about it (the in-house beer, the ambiance, etc) and vastly improved. I really enjoyed the black bean burger with fries this time around. I am excited to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great staff = great experienceDaveDined on 2/5/2014staff was outstanding and place was very nice looking....food was fair to goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner after O's FanFestOsFanDined on 2/1/2014Perfect end to a great FanFest with the Orioles. Food was very good, Dempsey's IPA was excellent and Leah was an awesome server. Family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time Visitor, Life Time MemberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014My family and I met at Dempsey's for dinner. The waitress was full of knowledge and helped us 1st timers with delight. It was actually their "off-season" as there was no football or baseball in town. The children's menu was perfect for my youngest son and the oldest son was happy that there were mant televisions with many sports. The food was wonderful we all sampled each others dish, from pizza to wraps and finger food to a superb salmon dish. We consumed no alcohol and for a family of four it was $60.00. We all would recommend Dempsey's to anyone that likes good food, sports and a happy atomsphere. KarenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dempsey'sJoyceDined on 11/23/2013Took some friends to dinner at Dempsey's and was a little disappointed. The service was so-so. The waitress always had an excuse as to why she wasn't bringing something to the table. When we got our bottled beer, she brought us a warm glass. As she saw us pouring our water out of our cold glasses to the warm glass, she didn't even comment. When you work in a brew pub you should know not to serve a warm glass with a cold beer!!!! The dinner menu was a little restricting and the waitress was not happy with asking for french fries instead of fingerling potatoes. Any changes to the menu item disturbed her. I enjoy Dempsey's during the day for light fare but I don't think I will go back with a dinner crowd again.Special Features:
- fine lunch spot across from CamdenPabloVIPDined on 10/4/2013Met a colleague for lunch. Place is fresh and friendly. Service was terrific; attentive but not overly. Food (crabcakes) was served hot and was well prepared and delicious. Good beer selection.Special Features:
- Early Sunday evening. MenuOystersanytimeVIPDined on 9/22/2013Early Sunday evening. Menu given had fewer entrees than the menu online. Service was a little overbearing as there weren't many patrons. Party had the wings and the crab dip. Both were decent. My son described the house beers as MEH. Around the group we tried fish tacos (good) nachos (good) the Walk-off (okay) and the steak fajita quesadillas (that weren't steak but some kind of shredded meat and were fried). Nice for the atmosphere but overall somewhat confusing place to visit. Still not sure where we were supposed to park. There is a sign that says the lot next to the restaurant is $10. Street parking is cheaper. Lots of other places to try.Special Features:
- Excellent, except it was a game dayJMills7655Dined on 9/21/2013I love Dempsey's! I think its a great place to eat, but only if you are on the dining side. I enjoy the bar side, but everytime I am there, the bar seems to get a little rowdy. Don't get me wrong, I love to get rowdy every now and again, but this place gets a little wild when people start drinking, and it was a game day. But the food is seriously incredible! THe Po' Burger is to die for! Definitely a go to place, just sit on the dining side if youre with your family, or on a date night like I was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceMDVDuberDined on 9/1/2013We were in town for the Baltimore Grand Prix and needed a break from the heat and from street food. Dempsey's was just what we needed. The waitress Leah was excellent and very friendly. The food was much better than expected from a Ball Park restaurant on a very buy weekend - In fact I'd be happy to get food this good from any pub anywhere. The beer list was pretty good - a couple examples of all the regular craft brew staples, with an emphasis on DE, MD beers. The in house brews were also quite good. The IPA was no Hop Bomb, but well brewed and nearly perfect for a hot day at the races (or at a ball game). I would highly recommend a stop at Dempsey's if you are near the ballpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dempsey's went above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2013Dempsey's went above and beyond to help us celebrate our son's 6th birthday. It was a great time and would definitely recommend and we will definitely return! Thank you Dempsey's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceLuvOsDined on 7/6/2013Even on a day the O's are out of town this is a great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food @ Dempsey's is MVP quality!HungryoneDined on 7/6/2013Had dinner with a group of friends @ Dempsey's. The food was fabulous. Fresh, hot dishes were just that ~ hot. In-house brews were great. Service was outstanding. Try the salad with walnuts and blackberries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best vegan burger I've ever had!MissShawDined on 6/9/2013I wanted to take my boyfriend here because he's a huge baseball fan and loved that you could see the field from inside the restaurant. I'm vegan and I find that most sports bars don't even having vegetarian options. Prior to our reservation, he told me that they had a black bean burger. It turned out to be the most flavorful, delicious veggie burger I've ever eaten. My boyfriend even tried a piece and I think he wished he ordered that over his fish tacos which had a weird mayo-based sauce that he didn't expect. We also ordered the sweet potato tots which weren't great, but good. Definitely worth the hour drive to go here for the veggie burger alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 180 turn around from first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013I went before Monster Jam and don't think the management knew there was an event scheduled next door. POOR PLANING! Not enough wait staff to keep up. Showed up at 4pm and was almost late for the 7pm show at M&T. Bacon on a stick was fatty, my steak was ordered medium rare and came out well done. My son ordered a medium rare burger from the adult menu and was brought a well done burger from the kids menu with the wrong kind of cheese that had to be sent back. No one cleared the tables unless we flagged them down to do so. This was my second trip to the pub and it was a complete 180 degree turn around from the first trip that was very nice.
- BeerHopLoverDined on 5/11/2013The Rain Delay IPA is great. Prices on non-game days are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013Nice food and great service, just next to the baseball stadium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- House beer not very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Were very disappointed in all four on the draft house beers available on 4/27/2013. They had an off taste or flavor. Perhaps the brew master was on vacation. Also the website indicates that food and drinks are cheaper when O's are out of town and the items advertised on the web site were not available, the web site should be changed or the wait staff should be aware of the information on web site. Our group spent $150 and we wanted to try the out the beer and food. Will probably not go back again. Perhaps bringing in an expert or someone to provide advice on the beer would be warranted.Special Features:
- We were at Dempsey's two daysIrisbpVIPDined on 3/29/2013We were at Dempsey's two days in a row. The service was excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:
- Beer can chicken rocks the old bayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Had the best roasted chicken of my life! Took a large portion home for lunch the next day. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Went there to try the baconOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013Went there to try the bacon on a stick. Awe some! It lived up to the US of Bacon TV review. The burgers and wings were typical, nothing special. The Old Bay wings were too heavy on the Old Bay. We were disappointed the red ale beer - served too warm. Nothing worst than wanting a cold beer and then being served one at room temperature. Overall though a positive experience.Special Features:
- Went on a Thursday night toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2013Went on a Thursday night to use a Living Social voucher. Burgers were excellent. Service was also excellent....until they called last call at 9pm. Having worked in restaurants & bars for 20+ years, I understand that when it gets slow the staff wants to leave. However, I had called ahead earlier in the day to verify hours and we had gone there specifically to watch a basketball game that started at 9pm. This was not a good end to an otherwise good experience. We weren't there to just occupy seats - we would have spent more $ and left a very generous tip (beyond the 20% we did leave) had it not gone the way it did.Special Features:
- Good Burgers & Brew!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Great service, good food, good brew and clean environment. Our special requests for our burgers were accommodated. Crab dip was yummy!Special Features:
- Stopped at Dempsey's afterChristmasVisitorDined on 2/23/2013Stopped at Dempsey's after visiting Sports and Geppi museums nearby. Since O's season hasn't begun, it was a nice quiet afternoon meal. Food was good - especially bacon on a stick. Creative dishes - nice ambience. Can't imagine I'd enjoy it half as much crowded during a game - but this Sunday afternoon visit was great!Special Features:
- food was fantastic - firstToddDined on 2/19/2013food was fantastic - first visit I will be back!!!Special Features:
- Dempsey's - A Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Great view of America's best ballpark. Service excellent and personalized. Inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good if you are in the areaJimWDined on 2/16/2013Good if you are in the area but not as a destination spot -- limited but Paid parking exceeds the value of this brew pub.Special Features:
- We went during the off seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We went during the off season so I am sure it is much more lively during baseball season. The burgers are awesome and so are the crab nachos.Special Features:
- Dempsey's is a great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013Dempsey's is a great spot to eat before/during an Orioles game, or even on a regular night. Not many people in there (people must now know it's open year-round). Live music (Friday night around 6pm). Really nice waitress, GREAT crab dip and burgers. They have their own beers which are pretty cheap. Definitely recommend!!Special Features:
- Fine restaurant and fun Orioles/CamDafineVIPDined on 2/7/2013Fine restaurant and fun Orioles/Camden Yards atmosphere, but very quiet in offseason. Probably not special enough to justify coming to the warehouse on a random night, unless you're having a party or with out-of-towners.Special Features:
- Dempsey's Super Bowl buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2013Dempsey's Super Bowl buffet and party was fantastic! It couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- This was our first time toGdavisDined on 2/1/2013This was our first time to Dempsey's. The crab dip and burgers were good; however, it was the service that made the meal. Our server, Rachel, was very friendly and on top of things. All restaurants would benefit from a server like her.