Demetri's Woodstone Taverna
101 Main Street
Edmonds, WA 98020Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Demetri's Woodstone Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.demetriswt.com/history/
- Phone: 2536701328
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Nightly 4:00pm-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Osmar Lovo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Stesha Ries 2536701328
A word from Demetri's Woodstone Taverna
The new concept is more versatile as it intertwines a generous tapas menu, enticing happy hour, and edgy late-night lounge. In late 2010, they moved forward and opened up Tablas WoodStone Taverna at the other end of the Mill Creek Town Center and Demetris WoodStone Taverna on the Edmonds waterfront. These two unique restaurants are warm, edgy, and great late-night additions to their surrounding communities. As Clara developed an extensive tapas menu Sofeeas son, Demetri, orchestrated the remodels and late-night identities. With Sofeeas final touches, she opened the doors to her fourth and fifth locations. The Taverna concept is still a family restaurant at heart, but adds a great late-night dimension as well. If the past is any indication of the future, Sofeea will be looking for yet another location in the near future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Demetri's Woodstone Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Very underratedeileencaDined on 8/9/2014I do not get the mediocre reviews of this place. We have been here several times, most recently for my husband's birthday, and always have had a great meal. You can eat at any price you want, which I love. The wait staff is well trained and gracious, nice wine list, beautiful setting with a view of the water. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Tasty brunch spot in a quaint areaPdxLinEatsDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I visited Demetris for a nice brunch while visiting family in the Seattle area. The view was nice and I can imagine sitting on the patio would be great. Our server was prompt and friendly and we both enjoyed our meals. Was slightly disappointed that my Demetris toast was missing the candied pecans and whipped cream. Overall good spot though, I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soundbeats fun night!allaboutthepairingDined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy the scenic location and the good food! And this past Friday had some added fun with a live band called the Soundbeats. A local group that's a Beatles tribute band and they had everyone tapping their feet, dancing, smiling and singing along.Special Features:
- Great Tapas!SeattleFoodieCoupleDined on 7/18/2014We had someone who arrived from out of town rather late - around 8:30pm. We had already eaten a light dinner but they had not so we wanted to find someplace for everyone to get the right portion - enter Demetri's. We arrived just in time for their late happy hour and enjoyed an array of Tapas plates. We shared 8 plates out of what must have been at least 25 options on their happy hour menu. A place with a vibrant happy hour menu is sometimes hard to find so this place is a real treat. We'll definitely be back again soon. :DSpecial Features:
- small bites by the waterLuvFranceVIPDined on 7/13/2014my second time here and the food was consistently very good (we ordered from the small bites menu again). Lots of interesting options. We'll come back again.Special Features:
- Edmonds Waterfront TavernaSeaLassDined on 7/12/2014I've always avoided this block in Edmonds because of the Ferry traffic, but I friend highly recommended this place. It is actually easy to get to and right on the water! We had a great time -- wonderful food selection of entrees and small plates -- every one's food was great! There were three of us with very different tastes in drinks (whiskey, wine, and beer) and in food (salads, meat, and fish) and everyone was happy!Special Features:
- Repeat visit, and a good oneWillyDined on 5/24/2014We took some out-of-town relatives to Demetri's for dinner, and had a great time. My sis-in-law is vegan, and we still found plenty of choices for her on the menu. We ordered a selection of small plates, and enjoyed them all. We ordered a second order of the bacon-wrapped prawns - they are that good! The place is a tad bit noisy but not overly so. The wine selection was very adequate for us. The prices were quite reasonable. The relatives had a great time, and I know we'll be back as well.Special Features:
- Had a great mealluv2eatVIPDined on 5/17/2014A large group of us went to eat and had a fun time. Menu has a great selection. We liked the sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speakers too loudSocialDinnerDined on 5/11/2014Dinner should be a time for food and conversation. Not at Demetri's. The service was fine .. except for having ketchup dumped on our lap. The food was good. And while it might be meant to share, talking about that, or chatting at all was impossible since we were sitting on the outside deck under a speaker playing music too loudly. We were told it was on it's quietest setting. I doubt that; either way, we left as soon as we ate. There was no desire to stay for drinks. BTW .. the noise level options on the review are all positive words .. huh?Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Demetri's Woodstone Taverna reviews archive.
- Post Valentines Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We have walked by this restaurant many times and decided to try it for a late Valentine's Day dinner. The service and food were great, the room was packed and energetic. We were a little put off as tables were removed around us to make way for the evening's entertainment (band) . The door was left open during this transfer and it was chiily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDoncDined on 2/14/2014The meal was wonderful and the selection great the service was poor with our server watching other tables we were the only one with poor server. Brought our bill before desert told her we would like a desert and she got it. Two minutes later she brought a desert tray to the table next to us to select a desert. We never saw the desert tray.we ordered a drink for my wife , when it arrived wrong. We stated this was incorrect and she stated I told the bartender she took the drink and brought it back spilled over the edge. She Is in the wrong business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableoccasionaldinerDined on 2/14/2014We enjoy great food at this restaurant. Calamari and D's burger are the best!! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt, salt, & more saltFoodeeDined on 2/14/2014This was our second and probably last visit here. We ate here one afternoon last summer and the food was wonderful. This time we started with the baked feta appetizer. While tasty, is was extremely salty. My wife could only stand a few bites. Same thing with the sockeye salmon dinner - the saltiness overpowered everything.Special Features:
- Not as advertisedMoc100Dined on 2/8/2014My wife and I dine out a fair amount and wanted to try something new... this was not what we expected. We were looking for a good Tapas but bar instead we got a confused mediocre menu with a few true tapas plates and the rest typical bar food. The service was slow and then surly once it arrived. It was later in the evening and the menu said happy hour had just started so we thought we would order off that menu and try a few smaller plates but we were shocked when we were told the Happy Hour menu was only served in the bar and we would have to pay full price if we wanted to eat in the dinning room, crazy. We will not be back anytime soon.Special Features: