15475 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1C9Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deluxerestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6045425042
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Duke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Take Deluxe to your private event. Please contact us for full details on our exquisite catering menu.
- Entertainment: -Live music every Wednesday evening.
-Wine Club every third Thursday of the month. By reservation only, starting at 7:00 PM.
A word from Deluxe Restaurant
Deluxe offers ocean side dining with a global menu created by chef Jeremy Duke. Located on Semiahmoo Bay in scenic White Rock you can sit on the tropical patio, sip cocktails in the lounge or dine in the elegant ocean view dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Deluxe Restaurant - Best Restaurants in White Rock ›
Deluxe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (31)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic as always!!BarbzieVIPDined on 8/30/2014So very sad to see our favorite restaraunt in WhitecRock closing :-(. We've enjoyed each and every meal and will miss this awesome place. Hoping to see it reopen at some point in the future!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and great views. Always enjoy our time at Deluxe. Fingers crossed they will find a new location soon!Special Features:
- AlexisDined on 8/29/2014We have been going there for five years now, on August 29 we took friends that have never been before had a wonderful meal. So sad that it is now closed, hope they find a new location soon.Special Features:
- Not impressedHard2ImpressDined on 8/26/2014Food was substandard--some shortcut ingredients and inattentive execution by the kitchen. Average Joe's might not complain, but people who understand fine food preparation won't be impressed. As such overpriced--downtown prices without downtown quality. Will not return.Special Features:
- Good but not as good as last time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Deluxe still maintains the title of best of the White Rock East Beach food establishments (excluding the WAG, in Surrey). Service was friendly but not as attentive as it should have been....mains served with no cutlery on table. Wine list is limited and expensive. Food was well presented and mains portions are large enough to satisfy. The Braised Lamb and Filet Steak are recommended. Sunset and view over Semiahmoo Bay were priceless. Even the coal, dangerous goods, and passenger trains rumbling by across the street sparked lively conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014this was our first time visist to Deluxe and it was just perfect. we were celebrating a birthday and our waitress was just fabulous. i would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- Life on East BeachAlexisDined on 8/5/2014We have been going to Deluxe for years now and have never been disappointed, my partner has even had his firms Christmas Party there. There tasting menu is excellent and well thought out. We are so very sad that it is closing this location and moving. We hope they find a new location soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfrugalkittieDined on 8/3/2014Got a recommendation to come here and was not disappointed. Across from the beach in White Rock, the view of the water was beautiful. We were seated promptly and had a server regularly checking on our water glasses (it was a hot day). We had an appetizer, entree and dessert and all were fabulous. If you cannot chose a dessert (like we couldn't) try the sampler. The portions are perfect for sampling. Champagne sangria was a very nice drink as well. Very modern place, good for dinner with friends or family. I will return.Special Features:
- DJC1985Dined on 7/15/2014Deluxe has been a wonderful addition to the White Rock beach. Their menu has something for everyone. A couple of us had salads with the prawns. They were both wonderful. Sat upstairs by the window and had a beautiful view of the water. A great evening with friends.Special Features:
- Nice local spot - expensive viewBpfvanDined on 7/14/2014Good food with ok service High prices for the quality of food. Paella was "favorite" of server but chorizo was burnt and portion was small. Last time I was there food was much better. Not consistent.Special Features:
- Excellent food, good service!DrycoldDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and came out hot and in a very reasonable amount of time. The service was really good, but the only concern is the main dining area is fairly small, with a low roof leading to a fairly loud environment where quiet private conversation is difficult to establish. However the view out to the water is beautiful from most tables upstairs! Overall a really pleasant experience with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Again!JJB535Dined on 7/10/2014Wonderful ocean view restaurant. Food is always great along with intimate atmosphere. We were disappointed however with the slow service. Appeared they were understaffed for a Thursday evening. We will be back as expect the service issue to be just a one time event. When in White Rock this is a restaurant worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinnerdinoVIPDined on 7/8/2014I went there for lunch with my 2 children. Salad is very nice. Restaurant is small with great water view, excellent service and place is quiet, but very limited food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!BarbzieVIPDined on 6/22/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and never fails us. The whole dining experience at deluxe ie service, food and atmosphere is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!lkchanceDined on 6/20/2014I've been here multiple times and loved it on each occassion. The food is always superb with incredibly fresh ingredients. You can't go wrong with anything from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placepassion4foodDined on 6/18/2014Views are great from the upstairs dining room. The food was excellent. The food presentation was very good. The food is a bit expensive but the portions are very good and worth every penny. The wine list is good but again quite expensive. This was our first visit but will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014One of the best new finds to hit the strip in White Rock. Classy, elegant and great food, went for brunch. The lobster guac appetizer was delicious, and everyone's main dishes were polished off. The drinks were good too!Special Features:
- Thanks!PeteDined on 6/14/2014Thanks to all the staff at Deluxe in White Rock. We had a great dining experience there on Saturday night. The food was excellent, my mom said her tenderloin was the best she'd ever had. My lamb was perfect. Two of our diners had certain food restrictions in their diet and the staff was expertly prepared and very accommodating. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, odd space,spotty serviceTmurrayisDined on 6/14/2014We opted for the tasting menu. My beet salad was very good, nicely plated and presented. The lamb shank was a little disappointing. It was a bit on the small side but worse it seems to have been cooked out of the braising liquid and the meat, while tender was on the dry side. My wife opted for the lobster pasta dish which she really enjoyed. I tried a bit and found it full of flavour so full marks there. The space being split between floors had the servers constantly climbing up and down which if you are seated near the stairs as we were is a bit distracting. Also we found the room too hot and a bit on the stuffy side. All the windows were open-able but only one that I could see was cracked and did not do the job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably wont go backkeepingitrealDined on 6/9/2014Location-Nice enough. It is a place that looks on to Marine drive, so lots of folks walking by and staring-nothing wrong with that, but its not a private/quiet patio. Service was good, no complaints. Very attentive, and good enough. small portions, but I guess when Urban Spoon says 'fine dining' you expect that. I had Thai Green Curry - Yes silly choice but was craving something rich and spicy. Worst TGC EVER. 0 coconut sauce, no spice, and some veges that had no place in there (carrots) The wife had a Beef tenderloin which was delicious. I wanted the creme brulee, but imagining a teaspoons worth, hopped on 152 for some dessert at BP's. PS - No ocean view on patio- you are on the down slope so have to be sitting upstairs.Special Features:
- ScottyScottyDined on 5/29/2014Great table, good view but small space and abundance of hard surfaces makes for a noisy environment. Wonderful food and service but not the quiet relaxing setting we were expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Deluxe Restaurant reviews archive.
- DelightfulElizabethDined on 5/22/2014Wonderful food in a calm, relaxing setting, with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2014Very tasty and excellent presentation. Emphasis is to quality over quantitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialMax1ginger2Dined on 5/17/2014Have never been disappointed in a meal at DeLuxe. Recent lunch was delayed Mother's Day lunch and daughters first visit to DeLuxe..she was as impressed as I have always been.Special Features:
- Sunny birthday lunchJanersDined on 5/14/2014We brought a friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday on a sunny White Rock afternoon. Everything was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImagluttonDined on 5/11/20143rd time we've been there & we've always enjoyed it. Only caveat: parking on a sunny evening is hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deluxe diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Great food and ambiance. The view from upstairs is amazing and the service was top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening OuttwotodineDined on 5/4/2014This was our fourth time dining at Deluxe. All previous dining experiences were exceptional with the food, wine, and ambiance making the evening a memorable night out. This evening was a bit of a let down as the food fell short of previous experiences. The service was great as always! We look forward to returning to see if it was a one off experience.Special Features:
- Surprising DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Have loved Deluxe before but not Apr 29! Have used it for special occasions & given clients gift certificates in the past but now not so sure I would Food not up to usual standards Major stomach upset after eating even tho I'd had same items other times Noisy very young children at next table especially distracting because of banging on glass table etc. Disappointing way to spend 30th Wedding Anniversary
- Great food at DeluxeDiana08Dined on 4/25/2014I was recommended Deluxe by a friend so a group of us went for dinner. The food was downtown quality at suburb prices. I was very pleasantly surprised as were my friends. The menu is quite varied and the wine list is good. Service was good. The ocean views were amazing from the restaurant which is across from the White Rock Beach.The sunset was beautiful so a nice time to go. We are quite particular about where we eat and usually go downtown so having this option right in our backyard is fantastic!!Will definitely be going back to this hidden White Rock Gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!BarbzieVIPDined on 4/23/2014We have been coming to Deluxe for a couple of years now and have yet to have a disappointing meal. The food and the service are top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty AppetizersfancyforkDined on 4/21/2014Shared prawns, beef kabobs and beet salad with a glass of Sangiovese wine Very satisfying and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJJB535Dined on 4/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the entire lower mainland. Always great food and service. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Less than DeluxeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Second visit. Ambient temp was too cool had to keep coat on. Both times.made for uncomfortable dining. Lobster was poorly done but credit the wait staff for dropping it from the bill. Not the best experience. Great view at sunset. Deserts and salads were very good.Special Features:
- Expected more for the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014When I spend a couple of hundred on a dinner for 2, I guess I expect a little more. The restaurant is definitely loud and there were only 9 other people upstairs. They were just talking in casual voices, but the furnishings don't assist at all in buffering voices and each conversation could be heard, can't imagine the noise if the restaurant was full. Cloth napkins and real candles are such simple touches to enhance a restaurants feel and customer experience. The decor was clean but found it almost too simple and definitely not romantic in anyway. The food was good, drinks were expensive. Definitely wasn't blown away from any of it and wouldn't go back. Wish I could spend some time switching 4 or 5 key things, location has potential.Special Features:
- Great dining with a view thrown inMax1ginger2Dined on 3/22/2014After several visits to Deluxe I feel confident in saying the food is always great! The taste matches the presentation and the.the view particularly during daylight hours is a bonus. Because it is so open dining at night could be noisy esp if there is a large table of guests. A great place for special occasion lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True gem in white rockLynneDined on 3/3/2014Most places in white rock tend to be a tourist trap, but not this one. Simple great food with a casual yet stylish ambiance. Also very quiet when we were there but perhaps because it was a Monday. The service was great. Overall very pleased that we have such a gem in our neighbourhood. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than perfect...ElizabethDined on 2/15/2014If the service hadn't been molasses slow, and the noise hadn't been at boiler factory level, this would have been a divine experience. The food was absolutely, fabulously, marvellous. But we waited forever to be served, both at first and between each course and were not even offered bread or anything to keep us going while we waited. It appeared that they had too few kitchen and/or wait staff And the noise level was unbearable. Either they have squashed too many people into the space or they need some serious soundproofing in the room. If we go again, and to recommend the restaurant to anyone else, we will ask how busy they are going to be that night, go on a week night, go early, and hope to avoid the noise and slowness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Valentines Day eveningfoodandfriendsDined on 2/14/2014We always have an enjoyable time when we dine at Deluxe. We were greeted by our server, who always remembers us.that is such a welcoming feeling. We chose the set menu and were very pleased with it. They were very busy, but we never felt ignored, nor did we have to wait long for any of our courses. The wine was excellent. The evening was perfect. Thanks again Deluxe for another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simplistic yet elegantDwleoDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is on the 2nd floor looking out over the bay in White Rock BC. Those that aren't lucky enough to sit at a window still have a great view due to its uncrowded and open design and a personal fireplace when its chilly. Had the beef tenderloin with a demi glaze and it was soooo tender and tasty. Mashed potatos in puff pastery was a bit too moist but tasty. The wine list wasn't extensive but only had top wines and only a few by the glass - most by bottle only. I would definately go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.