19 Dennis Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7322491551x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Closed, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: Brunch 12-2:30pm Dinner 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering for pick-up and delivery to certain locations. Please check our website for pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Groups from 15-50 welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Coordinator 7322491551x23
- Entertainment: Live R&B Tuesday and Friday, Live Band Karaoke Thursdays, Live Jazz Saturday, and DJ late night Saturday
A word from Delta's
At Delta's we combine exceptional food, soothing ambience and good old fashioned Southern hospitality to create what we hope will be an unforgettable experience.Continued
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Delta's - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Delta's reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (26)romantic (24)late-night find (17)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Best in New BrunswickOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014We found Deltas via the State Theater of NJ dining link & what a find. Beautiful Jazzy decor, great customer service thanks to our server Monique & delicious food. We thoroughly enjoyed our Chicken, a Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo, Deltas Tasting platter of 4 large Ribs / Philly Cheese Steak rolls/Tilapia Strips plus a side of their not-to-miss Mac & Cheese. It was "Tini Tuesday" with a selection of $5 Martinis - we had the a Deltas Heat & Deltas Sunshine both prepared flaming at table side. This is our new go-to place in New BrunswickSpecial Features:
- Fun night outFitGuyDined on 8/23/2014I went here on a first date. The restaurant was far better then the date. Great music, very southern style experience. Now I want to go back bit with someone who would be more fun.Special Features:
- Great Soul Food Vibes!SheEats87Dined on 8/15/2014I've been to Delta's quite a few times, primarily on the weekend. The food is always fresh, large quantity, and well seasoned. A bonus is the live music and great drinks. I strongly recommend having a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLuvfoodDined on 8/15/2014Good environment and great food. Nice for groups or a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent and fast.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Friends were visitng from Tx and we met at Delta's for a lite dinner. They had been to Delta's serveral years ago before moving to Tx. My 1st time there. They were pleasently surprised as the food was much improved. The short ribs, greens and black-eyed peas dish was great. Other dishes were equally as tasty. Prices were reasonable--$100 for 4 (without appetizers or drinks). Atmosphere was charming. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Brunch is amazingMamacatDined on 8/10/2014Delta's Sunday brunch is not to be missed! With $5 mimosas and very reasonable and diverse menu selections, you cannot go wrong. Small groups of 6 or less are easily accommodated in their generous horseshoe booths.Special Features:
- everything was wonderfulmsdiva1291Dined on 8/9/2014everything was wonderful the food the service the band..everything. my husband and i had a great time celebrating our annivesary at Delta's. will ceratinly go back again. he's still talking about the food 3 days later hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamBKsingerDined on 8/7/2014We went on a Thursday because we heard there was a karaoke band. The band was great, the food was very good and the atmosphere was perfect. Nice place to take someone special, to go with a group or to go solo and just hang out at the bar.Special Features:
- Intimate Setting, Lively AtmosphereRemyDined on 8/1/2014It's not often that you find an intimate setting in a lively atmosphere, but I was impressed by the ambiance of Delta's on a Friday evening. The food was amazing. Instead of regular bread or biscuits, they serve delicious corn muffins (I requested a second batch because they were so good). There was live r&b music that night and after that ended, there was a DJ playing music that was suitable for the people seated at the tables as well as the bar. Very comfortable setting and atmosphere. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Food was OkayJadeDined on 7/19/2014The food was alright. The Philly Cheese steak Eggrolls were delicious. The chicken was bland. The macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes were not quite flavorful. The chicken reminded me of Cluck U Chicken. The music and ambience was great. I thought it was a fancy dine in restaurant but people came wearing jeans and super short shorts. Many people were just wearing tank tops and spanks. The red velvet cake was good but very dry. I don't think I"ll come back here. It's too expensive for the quality of food and bathrooms were dirty.Special Features:
- Yummy yummyDP59Dined on 7/19/2014If you are in the mood for something different try Delta's. The food is delicious and when we asked if the band could lower the music so we could hear each other talk, they accommodated our request. We get tired of steak joints and Italian restaurants so we keep our eye out for unique experiences. Delta's fit the bill and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGr8FoodAndMusicDined on 7/4/2014First time at Delta's and I would definitely return there again. The food was very tasty and the drinks were suffice. The waiter was very polite, informative and attentive. Traveled from New York City to New Brunswick, NJ for this experience and it was well worth it. The Friday night R&B music was right on point and made the experience even more enjoyable. The entire staff was both courteous and professional. I would recommend Delta's to anyone who enjoys good Southern cuisine and upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food, Good service!PhillyGirlDined on 7/3/2014This visit was for a birthday dinner with family. A delish vegetarian entree used to be offered as part of the main menu a few years ago. Since taking it off, I mostly went for happy hour. For this visit, I called ahead and asked if they would accomodidate me with a vegetarian option and they were more than happy to do so. As requested, the chef prepared an eggplant dinner that was made with love! The entire staff knew of my request upon arrival and the service was top notch! The atmosphere made for an even better experience as the live band was playing followed by karaoke. Fun times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find- I will be back!LuvTastyVittlesVIPDined on 7/2/2014I heard rumors about this spot and was pleased to find the rumors are true! great spot wonderful team super service tasty food excellent privacySpecial Features:
- Great for catching up with friendsakinoopop2Dined on 6/27/2014Nice atmosphere, great staff, or waitress was pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Could talk with friends and enjoy Good food! Great drinks with no watered down alcohol! Had a great time. A little pricey but worth it. About $150 for 3 women to dine with drinks and appetizers and no dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bubblesDined on 6/25/2014we love delta's been there several times, the atmosphere is devinee, the service outstanding and the food is delicious, everyone is friendly.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedLildisappointedDined on 6/24/2014This was one of the best dinners that I've had out in a long time. I felt right at home, excellent menu easy to find something that I wanted to order. The appetizers were excellent, dinner was even better and the service was right on point. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by a very friendly host who did a great job getting a seated and set up with our waitress. As we were leaving live entertainment had started I wish I had more time to listen to her sing. From the little I heard she was awesome! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedImpressedDined on 6/20/2014I was extremely impressed, not only with the great food but the extremely friendly, attentive and hard working staff. It seems that the attitude was catchy because the crowd was friendly and just having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014At my daughter's request, we came here for dinner to celebrate her 25th birthday on June 17th.Our family tradition has always been to celebrate birthdays with an intimate dinner at a local restaurant .My daughter wanted "soul food". The fried catfish and whiting were cooked to perfection. The mac n cheeses was hot but bland tasting and I had to send the collard greens back because they were too spicy. ( I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANYTHING REMOTELY SPICY) . The string beans were a good replacement. My daughter said the collard greens were fine, but she left half on her plate!. Overall, the food was good, the atmosphere was open and inviting and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great peoplelat1224Dined on 6/14/2014This is a great place to go for any special occassion. The staff is friendly, the food is food, and the live jazz band was great. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FindCDT5Dined on 6/14/2014This was my first time eating at Delta's and I was very impressed. The service was very good, the atmosphere was wonderful, the jazz music was excellent and the food was phenomenal. Our waitress had a great personality and a wonderful smile. Everyone in the restaurant was very courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Mac AttackDeDiDined on 6/13/2014One of the best mac n cheese u will find in NJ. Drinks are great and the waitstaff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Too LoudKassim10Dined on 6/10/2014Even though another reviewer warned that Tuesday's were really loud with live music, I didn't think it would so incredibly loud, I almost left because I couldn't even hear the waitress. The food was decent southern soul food and the music, though loud, was actually very good. The singer had a beautiful voice and the jazzy music was upbeat and polished. If I were going there for the music and the bar it would have been great, just not for the food.Special Features:
- Date with Dadluv2brunchDined on 6/1/2014I took my 13 yr old daughter out for dinner at Delta's and she loved it. The food was great and the service attentive. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesTDhallDined on 6/1/2014Went out with my family to celebrate my wife's birthday. Food was great and so was the service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servivefoodieDined on 5/24/2014Food and atmosphere were very good but the service and attentiveness were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delta's brunchembeeDined on 5/18/2014Sunday brunch menu is limited and does not offer salad, vegetable or fruit accompaniments to those wishing to count carbs. Service was friendly, but on the day of Rutgers commencement, a little lackadaisical. We waited 45 mnutes to get our food and had to ask twice for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mom as well as a few family friends to Delta's after hearing great reviews of it. We were so happy with the food and service from start to end, from the corn bread all the way to our dessert of peach cobbler everything was great. Thank you Delta's for making mother's day such a success for my mom and I.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Very busy, but the staff handled it marvelously. A little loud with so many families, but could still hear and enjoy the live music upstairs. I was happy, but more importantly, Mom was too (it was her choice). Prix fixe menu had wide variety, and Mom's special request was granted no muss, no fuss. Highly recommended, and I will definitely return, on a less busy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Service slow. Priority given to large group settings. Food lacked seasoning.
- GreatluvtoeatDined on 5/10/2014The staff, food and entertainment were all great. They helped my this one of my best anniversaries yey..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ready to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014There was a lot of different thing on the menu I wanted to try. Couldn't do it all in one sitting.. The desserts were phenomenal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delta'sChopdocDined on 5/6/2014Tuesday night was $5 bar martinis. Excellent food and drinks. Live band. A def to visit and enjoy.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 5/6/2014Food, drinks, and service was good. Friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed the music. Had to leave before band started because they did not start at 7:30 as indicated. We like R&B so we will return on another Tuesday night to try again. Nice specials like $5 martinis also on Tuesdays.Special Features:
- Southern ComforttraveltouristVIPDined on 5/6/2014I was looking for a place near the State Theater and stumbled upon Delta's. Having never been to the area we looked at the menu and were intrigued. Our server Lyndell was fantastic. He was very friendly, attentive and made great suggestions. The Fried Chicken and Ribs and the Peach Cobbler were amazing. Tuesdays are also $5 Martini nights and the selection is great. Try the Rock Star or the Chocolate Covered Banana. Fantastic. Sadly, we had to leave before the band started. We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dsappointedTamaraDined on 5/4/2014I want to dance is for brunch, my reservations was at 12 o'clock noon. When we arrived the door was locked we bang on the door for 15 minutes until someone to open up the door. That should have been a hint for me right there. We went upstairs to sit down you order a brunch I ordered something simple scrambled eggs hash browns bacon. When my food arrived it was cold and not what I ordered. When I complain to the manager she said was just trying to get the kinks out and offered no options. I will not visit Delta again!Special Features:
- The following 391 reviews are from the Delta's reviews archive.
- great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2014I have been here many times and each time there seems to be a different cook because the food is not consistently great. Overall the atmosphere is great, the drinks are great but the food is sometimeySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delta's New Brunswick - outstandingFTBCDined on 4/23/2014Took two friends out to celebrate their birthday. We had early seating (5:00) and the wait staff was attentive, food was delicious, and all in a wonderfully relaxing environment. Great experience!Special Features:
- Great find in New BrunswickNJJIMVIPDined on 4/15/2014We were looking for a restaurant within walking distance of the State Theatre and what a great find! Delta'sa great location, busy bar and excellent food. The meal started out with exceelnt bar drinks, one of the best Margaritas, I've had all year. The Fried Gator was lightly breaded, crisp and very tasty. The Beef Short Ribs in Bourbon sauce, just fell off the bone, the Stewed Okra was delicious, not soggy. My wife had the Fried Chicken and the breading was again light and perfect. Great service, timely and attentive. We will be back before our next show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening location.foodfiendjakeDined on 4/12/2014Good accessible location with a good vibe. I enjoy the Oxtails as well as the Catfish with jambalaya grits. There's always live music so be mindful if you want to converse with your party sit upstairs. Make for reservations in advance, but be prepared to wait a bit on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.