19 Dennis Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7322491551x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Closed, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: Brunch 12-2:30pm Dinner 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering for pick-up and delivery to certain locations. Please check our website for pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Groups from 15-50 welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Coordinator 7322491551x23
- Entertainment: Live R&B Tuesday and Friday, Live Band Karaoke Thursdays, Live Jazz Saturday, and DJ late night Saturday
A word from Delta's
At Delta's we combine exceptional food, soothing ambience and good old fashioned Southern hospitality to create what we hope will be an unforgettable experience.Continued
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Delta's - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Delta's reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (30)good for groups (29)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (28)romantic (21)late-night find (20)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Always a good!ckmoore1130Dined on 10/18/2014I discovered this spot in 2009 and it's still a great dinner spot for all occasions. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fantastic drinksDJ1960Dined on 10/18/2014This is a true gem in New Brunswick. Noise level can be challenging but music adds to the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCasey1RNDined on 10/16/2014Our group had a wonderful experience and all the food was delicious. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageTrilljaveDined on 10/8/2014The food was merely average. Maybe it is because I grew up in the south on soul food and know that what they serve is average. I may have lived it better if it didn't appear to been prepared earlier in the day and merely warmed up when I placed my order.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Went to Delta's on a Martini Tuesday night to celebrate my birthday. Had a wonderful time with friends and thoroughly enjoyed Valerie Adams performance with the Dimension Band. However, the space in the restaurant is 'intimate' and therefore makes conversation difficult once the band begins to play. Food was tasty and plentiful. Hostess and Server were very personable and accommodating. Great place to go for drinks and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014I had the fried seafood melody with asparagus, potato salad and baked macaroni. Everything was wonderful. The music was a bit too loud but I'll take it because the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very greasy food, but great barChiChiVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food is incredibly greasy... And lacking flavor. Lots of fat dangling from every corner of meat, Mac n cheese was all cheese and no seasoning. Cajun calamari was very delicious. This place is good for drinks at the bar and good music. Not dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- non professionalbetterstaffDined on 9/20/2014Good morning. My experience at deltas was once again not a pleasant one upon arrival. The host/hostess are always non professional. They are disorganized. This last visit the year host actually seen my party and I standing at the booth but did not immediately greet us. He stayed at the bar side near the entrance and laughed with the bartender. He approached us after my mother said "where's the host?". He did not apologize. Awful start. The waiter was great. Freddy is his name. The best waiter I've had while dining at Delta's.Special Features:
- Delta's never disappoints me.amarij2000Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, Great Ambiance. I've been coming here for years and I've never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food is Hit or MissSlimmaDined on 9/13/2014Delta's is one of New Brunswick's "Gems", for the most part the atmosphere is nice. We had to wait for 15 minutes to be seated although we had a reservation. The live entertainment was excellent, the food was good compared to prior visits and the service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit on the decline?ajs64Dined on 9/13/2014Might have just been an isolated experience but thought the food and the music were not as good as previous visits. Band too loud and "bar mitzvah jazz" not what I have come to expect there. Food good, but used to be great. Drinks still great.Special Features:
- disappointingtaevDined on 9/13/2014The dining experience: -cramped table for 2(turned sideways to squeeze it into the balcony) that couldn't accommodate the dinner plates of 2 people sitting across from each other. - friendly server-in-training made several "rookie mistakes" and did not seem to be properly supervised -drinks arrived well after appetizer -appetizer was cold and bland -cornbread muffins were dry and turned to dust with attempts to butter them -fried whiting was mushier than expected and skin was slimy -smothered pork chops were dry and very bland -woody asparagus -very loud live music limited the ability to conserve -very cramped tableSpecial Features:
- Delta's on First FridayfoodluvrDined on 9/5/2014Delta's was buzzing with activity on 1st Friday. Great music and a fun atmosphere. It took a little while for the food to come out, but it was very tasty when it arrived. I would recommend a reservation if you plan to visit Delta's on a 1st Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here beforeNoahsMomDined on 9/5/2014I have dined at Delta's several times, and have always enjoyed their food and ambiance. I went with 2 of my friends on a Friday night "first Friday's" as they call it. It tends to bring out more people since its the first Friday of the month. Everything was great, with the exception of our server. He was a little chatty with all his tables which therefore resulted in him taking a long time to circle back to us for ANYTHING. The only thumbs down of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodluv2dineDined on 9/4/2014I've been dining here for over 10 years and the food has never disappointed. If you're in to southern cuisine, this is the spot for you. The music was very loud making it difficult to have conversation, but I think it was a special event going on that night so it was alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- socially acceptable for 21 and overattractiveDined on 8/31/2014it has been some time since we last visted Delta's. It has somewhat remained the social arena we were first introducted to. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Food was a little bland, but nicely served and prepared. Friendly and fast wait staff and bartenders.
- Best in New Brunswicktjd24Dined on 8/26/2014We found Deltas via the State Theater of NJ dining link & what a find. Beautiful Jazzy decor, great customer service thanks to our server Monique & delicious food. We thoroughly enjoyed our Chicken, a Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo, Deltas Tasting platter of 4 large Ribs / Philly Cheese Steak rolls/Tilapia Strips plus a side of their not-to-miss Mac & Cheese. It was "Tini Tuesday" with a selection of $5 Martinis - we had the a Deltas Heat & Deltas Sunshine both prepared flaming at table side. This is our new go-to place in New BrunswickSpecial Features:
- Fun night outFitGuyDined on 8/23/2014I went here on a first date. The restaurant was far better then the date. Great music, very southern style experience. Now I want to go back bit with someone who would be more fun.Special Features:
- Great Soul Food Vibes!SheEats87Dined on 8/15/2014I've been to Delta's quite a few times, primarily on the weekend. The food is always fresh, large quantity, and well seasoned. A bonus is the live music and great drinks. I strongly recommend having a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLuvfoodDined on 8/15/2014Good environment and great food. Nice for groups or a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent and fast.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Friends were visitng from Tx and we met at Delta's for a lite dinner. They had been to Delta's serveral years ago before moving to Tx. My 1st time there. They were pleasently surprised as the food was much improved. The short ribs, greens and black-eyed peas dish was great. Other dishes were equally as tasty. Prices were reasonable--$100 for 4 (without appetizers or drinks). Atmosphere was charming. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Brunch is amazingMamacatDined on 8/10/2014Delta's Sunday brunch is not to be missed! With $5 mimosas and very reasonable and diverse menu selections, you cannot go wrong. Small groups of 6 or less are easily accommodated in their generous horseshoe booths.Special Features:
- everything was wonderfulmsdiva1291Dined on 8/9/2014everything was wonderful the food the service the band..everything. my husband and i had a great time celebrating our annivesary at Delta's. will ceratinly go back again. he's still talking about the food 3 days later hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamBKsingerDined on 8/7/2014We went on a Thursday because we heard there was a karaoke band. The band was great, the food was very good and the atmosphere was perfect. Nice place to take someone special, to go with a group or to go solo and just hang out at the bar.Special Features:
- Intimate Setting, Lively AtmosphereRemyDined on 8/1/2014It's not often that you find an intimate setting in a lively atmosphere, but I was impressed by the ambiance of Delta's on a Friday evening. The food was amazing. Instead of regular bread or biscuits, they serve delicious corn muffins (I requested a second batch because they were so good). There was live r&b music that night and after that ended, there was a DJ playing music that was suitable for the people seated at the tables as well as the bar. Very comfortable setting and atmosphere. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Food was OkayJadeDined on 7/19/2014The food was alright. The Philly Cheese steak Eggrolls were delicious. The chicken was bland. The macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes were not quite flavorful. The chicken reminded me of Cluck U Chicken. The music and ambience was great. I thought it was a fancy dine in restaurant but people came wearing jeans and super short shorts. Many people were just wearing tank tops and spanks. The red velvet cake was good but very dry. I don't think I"ll come back here. It's too expensive for the quality of food and bathrooms were dirty.Special Features:
- Yummy yummyDP59Dined on 7/19/2014If you are in the mood for something different try Delta's. The food is delicious and when we asked if the band could lower the music so we could hear each other talk, they accommodated our request. We get tired of steak joints and Italian restaurants so we keep our eye out for unique experiences. Delta's fit the bill and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceGr8FoodAndMusicDined on 7/4/2014First time at Delta's and I would definitely return there again. The food was very tasty and the drinks were suffice. The waiter was very polite, informative and attentive. Traveled from New York City to New Brunswick, NJ for this experience and it was well worth it. The Friday night R&B music was right on point and made the experience even more enjoyable. The entire staff was both courteous and professional. I would recommend Delta's to anyone who enjoys good Southern cuisine and upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food, Good service!PhillyGirlDined on 7/3/2014This visit was for a birthday dinner with family. A delish vegetarian entree used to be offered as part of the main menu a few years ago. Since taking it off, I mostly went for happy hour. For this visit, I called ahead and asked if they would accomodidate me with a vegetarian option and they were more than happy to do so. As requested, the chef prepared an eggplant dinner that was made with love! The entire staff knew of my request upon arrival and the service was top notch! The atmosphere made for an even better experience as the live band was playing followed by karaoke. Fun times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find- I will be back!LuvTastyVittlesVIPDined on 7/2/2014I heard rumors about this spot and was pleased to find the rumors are true! great spot wonderful team super service tasty food excellent privacySpecial Features:
- The following 413 reviews are from the Delta's reviews archive.
- Great for catching up with friendsakinoopop2Dined on 6/27/2014Nice atmosphere, great staff, or waitress was pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Could talk with friends and enjoy Good food! Great drinks with no watered down alcohol! Had a great time. A little pricey but worth it. About $150 for 3 women to dine with drinks and appetizers and no dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bubblesDined on 6/25/2014we love delta's been there several times, the atmosphere is devinee, the service outstanding and the food is delicious, everyone is friendly.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedLildisappointedDined on 6/24/2014This was one of the best dinners that I've had out in a long time. I felt right at home, excellent menu easy to find something that I wanted to order. The appetizers were excellent, dinner was even better and the service was right on point. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by a very friendly host who did a great job getting a seated and set up with our waitress. As we were leaving live entertainment had started I wish I had more time to listen to her sing. From the little I heard she was awesome! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedImpressedDined on 6/20/2014I was extremely impressed, not only with the great food but the extremely friendly, attentive and hard working staff. It seems that the attitude was catchy because the crowd was friendly and just having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014At my daughter's request, we came here for dinner to celebrate her 25th birthday on June 17th.Our family tradition has always been to celebrate birthdays with an intimate dinner at a local restaurant .My daughter wanted "soul food". The fried catfish and whiting were cooked to perfection. The mac n cheeses was hot but bland tasting and I had to send the collard greens back because they were too spicy. ( I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANYTHING REMOTELY SPICY) . The string beans were a good replacement. My daughter said the collard greens were fine, but she left half on her plate!. Overall, the food was good, the atmosphere was open and inviting and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great peoplelat1224Dined on 6/14/2014This is a great place to go for any special occassion. The staff is friendly, the food is food, and the live jazz band was great. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FindCDT5Dined on 6/14/2014This was my first time eating at Delta's and I was very impressed. The service was very good, the atmosphere was wonderful, the jazz music was excellent and the food was phenomenal. Our waitress had a great personality and a wonderful smile. Everyone in the restaurant was very courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Mac AttackDeDiDined on 6/13/2014One of the best mac n cheese u will find in NJ. Drinks are great and the waitstaff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Too LoudKassim10Dined on 6/10/2014Even though another reviewer warned that Tuesday's were really loud with live music, I didn't think it would so incredibly loud, I almost left because I couldn't even hear the waitress. The food was decent southern soul food and the music, though loud, was actually very good. The singer had a beautiful voice and the jazzy music was upbeat and polished. If I were going there for the music and the bar it would have been great, just not for the food.Special Features: