19 Dennis Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 249-1551
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Closed, Tuesday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Sunday: Brunch 12-2:30pm Dinner 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering for pick-up and delivery to certain locations. Please check our website for pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Groups from 15-50 welcome.
- Private Party Contact: Large Party Coordinator 7322491551x23
- Entertainment: Live R&B Tuesday and Friday, Live Band Karaoke Thursdays, Live Jazz Saturday, and DJ late night Saturday
A word from Delta's
At Delta's we combine exceptional food, soothing ambience and good old fashioned Southern hospitality to create what we hope will be an unforgettable experience.Continued
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
When making a reservation please keep in mind:
-Reservations are held for 15min past reservation time
-The entire party must be present to be seated on busier nights
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Delta's - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Delta's reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (37)good for groups (35)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (30)romantic (23)late-night find (23)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 11/21/14NateDined on 11/21/2014Great restaurant. Took my gf here for a date night and we both loved it. The food was great. Place is kind of upscale so you don't have to worry about kids being there. Great bar scene to single ladies as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORTH THE DRIVELadyElleNYCDined on 11/15/2014A resident New Yorker, I've known of the restaurant for years and finally had an opportunity to visit. Great ambiance, good food and a nice vibe. Service was excellent, food was good and the live music was a plus. I'd take the trip again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedEllenVIPDined on 11/15/2014We were in the area from out of state and met friends we hadn't seen in nearly a year for dinner. We had hoped to catch up on things over dinner. I picked Delta's based on the reviews. This is the first time I've had such a different experience than others. The valet parking was strange....there was a line so we had to drive past the line and turn our car around in the middle of the street. That done, we went inside to the hostess who didn't even acknowledge my presence. She and another worker were carrying on a private conversation. Once I finally got her attention, I was able to give her our name. She never smiled or greeted us. There was a live band playing. It was so incredibly noisy that we were not able to hear each other. I couldn't hear a word the waitress said. I have never been in a restaurant that had such loud music. Since I couldn't hear the waitress and she couldn't hear me, my husband placed our order. We were going to have an appetizer and share the main course. Our friends wanted to do likewise plus they ordered gumbo. Everything came at the same time--yes appetizers and the main course. We had to ask for a second plate for the shared entree. The fun was fairly good....but as good as I had expected after reading the reviews. Our server was not very attentive. Then it was time to leave and the valet line was incredibly long and slow. Perhaps there need to be more attendants on the weekend. I dislike writing negative reviews, but I feel like I need to do so. I'm still apologizing to my friends since I'm the one who chose the restaurant.
- Southern Hospitality on a Friday NightBrevelDined on 11/14/2014Great spot for Southern cooking in NJ. Located in a quiet part of town, Delta's is anything but subdued. Vibrant bar scene on a Friday night with live R&B performers makes this restaurant the place to hang with a group of friends. Dress to impress and bring your appetite for solid portion meals, but save room for the homemade sweet potato cheesecake. If you love Southern cooking, require an extensive cocktail menu, or enjoy dancing to R&B hits of today and the past, then Delta's is where it's at on Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deltas Never DisappointsDJ1960Dined on 11/14/2014Deltas is fun and fantastic! The food is plentiful and delicious! The drink menu is eclectic and wonderful! I've never had a meal I didn't enjoy. The live music is outstanding but adds to the noise level so if you are looking for a quiet place to catch up or go on a first date, you may want to wait and try another place but keep this gem on your list of restaurants to experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times for a great cause; LoveMikeNia.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014I always enjoy the food, service, and overall experience at Delta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent southern cooking !BronxboyDined on 11/12/2014Menu filled with traditional favorites , prepared well, nice sized portions and responsive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Delta's is one of my all time restaurant in central jersey. Was there three weeks ago celebrating my sister birthday with sister friend. She love it the food was GREAT, was there an Sunday celebrating a good friend birthday. I would be a regular but a live in north jersey ( east orange) a little hike but well worth a driveSpecial Features:
- Always a treatJoei0526Dined on 11/7/2014I love going to Delta's. The food is always fabulous and the service is always great. Awesome soul food with a twist. Highly recommend the Fried Gator!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My dining experience was with a group of sistah friends and we had a spectacular time. The food was delicious and the live music made the experience that much better. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iluvjazzDined on 10/24/2014if u go to delta's please make reservations for Friday and Saturday other wise u might be waiting for a table also the music on the weekends was very good!Special Features:
- Still good after all these yearsFleaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Fried shrimp, fried okra, fried whiting, fried catfish, greens, mac and cheese, yams and cornbread -- we loved it all. Mango sangria and martinis also great. This is just our latest visit over the years but we have been coming more often this last year and Delta's never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good southern cookingGoodfoodonlyDined on 10/24/2014I had whiting as an entree. Low brow you say? No....it was accompanied by delicious jambalaya grits. My wife had fried pork chips and she picked the bones clean. Fried okra and the Mac and cheese were the stars of the sides. While the music was a tad too loud, the wait staff was professional, friendly and courteous. Our waiter and his busboy were efficient and not over bearing at all. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good!ckmoore1130Dined on 10/18/2014I discovered this spot in 2009 and it's still a great dinner spot for all occasions. No complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fantastic drinksDJ1960Dined on 10/18/2014This is a true gem in New Brunswick. Noise level can be challenging but music adds to the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCasey1RNDined on 10/16/2014Our group had a wonderful experience and all the food was delicious. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageTrilljaveDined on 10/8/2014The food was merely average. Maybe it is because I grew up in the south on soul food and know that what they serve is average. I may have lived it better if it didn't appear to been prepared earlier in the day and merely warmed up when I placed my order.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Went to Delta's on a Martini Tuesday night to celebrate my birthday. Had a wonderful time with friends and thoroughly enjoyed Valerie Adams performance with the Dimension Band. However, the space in the restaurant is 'intimate' and therefore makes conversation difficult once the band begins to play. Food was tasty and plentiful. Hostess and Server were very personable and accommodating. Great place to go for drinks and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014I had the fried seafood melody with asparagus, potato salad and baked macaroni. Everything was wonderful. The music was a bit too loud but I'll take it because the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very greasy food, but great barChiChiVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food is incredibly greasy... And lacking flavor. Lots of fat dangling from every corner of meat, Mac n cheese was all cheese and no seasoning. Cajun calamari was very delicious. This place is good for drinks at the bar and good music. Not dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- non professionalbetterstaffDined on 9/20/2014Good morning. My experience at deltas was once again not a pleasant one upon arrival. The host/hostess are always non professional. They are disorganized. This last visit the year host actually seen my party and I standing at the booth but did not immediately greet us. He stayed at the bar side near the entrance and laughed with the bartender. He approached us after my mother said "where's the host?". He did not apologize. Awful start. The waiter was great. Freddy is his name. The best waiter I've had while dining at Delta's.Special Features:
- Delta's never disappoints me.amarij2000Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, Great Ambiance. I've been coming here for years and I've never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food is Hit or MissSlimmaDined on 9/13/2014Delta's is one of New Brunswick's "Gems", for the most part the atmosphere is nice. We had to wait for 15 minutes to be seated although we had a reservation. The live entertainment was excellent, the food was good compared to prior visits and the service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit on the decline?ajs64Dined on 9/13/2014Might have just been an isolated experience but thought the food and the music were not as good as previous visits. Band too loud and "bar mitzvah jazz" not what I have come to expect there. Food good, but used to be great. Drinks still great.Special Features:
- disappointingtaevDined on 9/13/2014The dining experience: -cramped table for 2(turned sideways to squeeze it into the balcony) that couldn't accommodate the dinner plates of 2 people sitting across from each other. - friendly server-in-training made several "rookie mistakes" and did not seem to be properly supervised -drinks arrived well after appetizer -appetizer was cold and bland -cornbread muffins were dry and turned to dust with attempts to butter them -fried whiting was mushier than expected and skin was slimy -smothered pork chops were dry and very bland -woody asparagus -very loud live music limited the ability to conserve -very cramped tableSpecial Features:
- Delta's on First FridayfoodluvrDined on 9/5/2014Delta's was buzzing with activity on 1st Friday. Great music and a fun atmosphere. It took a little while for the food to come out, but it was very tasty when it arrived. I would recommend a reservation if you plan to visit Delta's on a 1st Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here beforeNoahsMomDined on 9/5/2014I have dined at Delta's several times, and have always enjoyed their food and ambiance. I went with 2 of my friends on a Friday night "first Friday's" as they call it. It tends to bring out more people since its the first Friday of the month. Everything was great, with the exception of our server. He was a little chatty with all his tables which therefore resulted in him taking a long time to circle back to us for ANYTHING. The only thumbs down of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodluv2dineDined on 9/4/2014I've been dining here for over 10 years and the food has never disappointed. If you're in to southern cuisine, this is the spot for you. The music was very loud making it difficult to have conversation, but I think it was a special event going on that night so it was alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- socially acceptable for 21 and overattractiveDined on 8/31/2014it has been some time since we last visted Delta's. It has somewhat remained the social arena we were first introducted to. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Food was a little bland, but nicely served and prepared. Friendly and fast wait staff and bartenders.
- Best in New Brunswicktjd24Dined on 8/26/2014We found Deltas via the State Theater of NJ dining link & what a find. Beautiful Jazzy decor, great customer service thanks to our server Monique & delicious food. We thoroughly enjoyed our Chicken, a Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo, Deltas Tasting platter of 4 large Ribs / Philly Cheese Steak rolls/Tilapia Strips plus a side of their not-to-miss Mac & Cheese. It was "Tini Tuesday" with a selection of $5 Martinis - we had the a Deltas Heat & Deltas Sunshine both prepared flaming at table side. This is our new go-to place in New BrunswickSpecial Features:
- Fun night outFitGuyDined on 8/23/2014I went here on a first date. The restaurant was far better then the date. Great music, very southern style experience. Now I want to go back bit with someone who would be more fun.Special Features:
- Great Soul Food Vibes!SheEats87Dined on 8/15/2014I've been to Delta's quite a few times, primarily on the weekend. The food is always fresh, large quantity, and well seasoned. A bonus is the live music and great drinks. I strongly recommend having a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLuvfoodDined on 8/15/2014Good environment and great food. Nice for groups or a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent and fast.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Friends were visitng from Tx and we met at Delta's for a lite dinner. They had been to Delta's serveral years ago before moving to Tx. My 1st time there. They were pleasently surprised as the food was much improved. The short ribs, greens and black-eyed peas dish was great. Other dishes were equally as tasty. Prices were reasonable--$100 for 4 (without appetizers or drinks). Atmosphere was charming. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Brunch is amazingMamacatDined on 8/10/2014Delta's Sunday brunch is not to be missed! With $5 mimosas and very reasonable and diverse menu selections, you cannot go wrong. Small groups of 6 or less are easily accommodated in their generous horseshoe booths.Special Features:
- everything was wonderfulmsdiva1291Dined on 8/9/2014everything was wonderful the food the service the band..everything. my husband and i had a great time celebrating our annivesary at Delta's. will ceratinly go back again. he's still talking about the food 3 days later hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamBKsingerDined on 8/7/2014We went on a Thursday because we heard there was a karaoke band. The band was great, the food was very good and the atmosphere was perfect. Nice place to take someone special, to go with a group or to go solo and just hang out at the bar.Special Features:
- Intimate Setting, Lively AtmosphereRemyDined on 8/1/2014It's not often that you find an intimate setting in a lively atmosphere, but I was impressed by the ambiance of Delta's on a Friday evening. The food was amazing. Instead of regular bread or biscuits, they serve delicious corn muffins (I requested a second batch because they were so good). There was live r&b music that night and after that ended, there was a DJ playing music that was suitable for the people seated at the tables as well as the bar. Very comfortable setting and atmosphere. I enjoyed my visit and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Delta's reviews archive.
- Food was OkayJadeDined on 7/19/2014The food was alright. The Philly Cheese steak Eggrolls were delicious. The chicken was bland. The macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes were not quite flavorful. The chicken reminded me of Cluck U Chicken. The music and ambience was great. I thought it was a fancy dine in restaurant but people came wearing jeans and super short shorts. Many people were just wearing tank tops and spanks. The red velvet cake was good but very dry. I don't think I"ll come back here. It's too expensive for the quality of food and bathrooms were dirty.Special Features: