525 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7046122633x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am ( Full Menu: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Late night menu: 11:30pm- 1:00am)
Sunday: 1:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Lloyd Banks
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a flexible private dining space that can seat a maximum of 45 people.
- Entertainment: Tuesdays: 7:00pm- 11:00pm: Live Soul R&B
Fridays: 9:00pm - 1:00am: Live R&B
Saturdays: 8:00pm - 12:00am: Live Jazz
3rd Sundays: The Charlotte Jazz Orchestra
- Special Events: Entertainment:
Tuesdays:7:00 pm-11:00 pm: Live Soul R&B Fridays: 9:00 pm-1:00 am: Live R&B
Saturdays: 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Live Jazz / 11:30 pm-close: DJ
3rd Sundays: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: The Charlotte Jazz Orchestra
Semi-Private Party Facilities: We offer a semi-private dining space that can accommodate large parties.
A word from Delta's Charlotte
Delta's is a Southern restaurant located in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, NC. Delta's serves straight- ahead Southern cuisine in a casually elegant atmosphere with live entertainment, a full wine list, and a cocktail menu that is a fusion of traditional and modern drinks made with fresh juices and housemade syrups. Whether you choose to dine at the bar or in our main dining room you are sure to enjoy the food, atmosphere, and Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delta's Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
- Weekend Getaway with the Hubby!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013This was mine and my husband's first time dining at Delta's with another couple! We all enjoyed our food and the ambiance. I would definitely return! I ordered the oxtails, cabbage, and yams and had some left over! My husband ordered the chicken and waffles and he also had leftovers. It was even better the second time around! :) We both agreed that we would return to Delta's the next time we are in the Queen City!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Third Time Wasn't a CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013I've invited family and friends to Delta and I continue to get disappointed. It took almost two hours to get our food. Apparently they overbooked and ran out if glasses, and the waitress avoided out table because she could see we were disappointed. I don't think the good is worth the price and my drink was watered down. The only great thing was the cornbread and atmosphere.Special Features:
- BandSDCBUTTERFLYDined on 11/23/2013My husband and I thought the band should have been where everyone in the restaurant could see them while they were playing. Overall, very nice classy restaurant with good southern cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPER Yummy Food and Great MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013The food is exceptional! I've been here at least 5 times and it never dissapoints (my guests always agree!). My biggest complaint is the music, live and recorded. It's always too loud. Music should be used to set an ambiance not as a distraction to your meal or conversation.
- great foodririDined on 11/22/2013i enjoyed this restuarant. the service was so so, but i think it was because it was soooo busy and they didn't have enough staff. the food was good and the ambiance was nice. great band playing.Special Features:
- A Jazzy EveningFatBoySlimDined on 11/19/2013I haven't been uptown in a bit for late night entertainment. I was invited to Delta's by the musical performance for the evening. I had heard good things about the food and with the timing being right (last night of our honeymoon) my wife and I made the trip from Statesville to enjoy the evening. We were seated promptly and comfortably. The scene is very relaxed and Jazzy, even without the music. I am not aware if live music is always a part of an evening at Delta's but if it isn't it really should be as it fits perfectly. The food was outstanding, definitely try their mac and cheese and yams. The music was just perfect for the environment. The chicken and waffles also amazing. Overall a great night of great music and southern style food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water Quality !!!goodfoodDined on 11/16/2013Only complaint....the drinking water was terrible...maybe they don't use filtered water. Needs improvement. Overall, we enjoyed the dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great soul foodleeshDined on 11/16/2013the food at delta's was delicious, the ox tails and the southern trio are great choices, there was a live band the mixed drinks were also tasty. only regret is not trying a dessert or appetizer def will next time. great date night or night out with friends. I didn't want to go due to the other reviews I read about horrible service and bland food, everything I had was delicious and seasoned and our waitress was sweet and very attentive. the live band was great as well, not too loud! will def visit again...best advice is to go for yourself if I had listened to the reviews I read I would have missed out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Bday CelebrationFoodLover213Dined on 11/16/2013We went on a night the had live jazz. The jazz was ok, but was so loud we had to yell to maintain a conversation at our table. Our server took 30 minutes to bring us a soft drink to the table, that our appetizer and entrée arrived before drinks. Food was awful. The chicken was fried too hard to be eaten n sitting in a puddle of grease. The candied yams tasted like canned yams, the mac n cheese was grainy n they used cheap cheese that doesn't melt well. Buffalo wings were frozen n like ones sold in food chains. Eggrolls looked n tasted like the one's sold in the freezer section of any local grocery store. The inside was so light that there was no green color or dark meat color, For the cost, stay far away from Delta's. Its 2-star at bestSpecial Features:
- DeltasMizbu01VIPDined on 11/15/2013We had a positive experience at Deltas...good food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere live musicPiaMDined on 11/8/2013Great live music. Service was outstanding despite the packed to capacity night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2013We enjoyed our ladies night out, Great Food, Band that night was on point....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant went the extraNavondriaDined on 11/4/2013The restaurant went the extra mile. I was running late and got the hours of operation mixed up. I thought they closed at 12am but they actally closed at 10. I didn't get there till 9:50 and they made a decision to wait on me and not close! AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeblesswithplentyDined on 11/2/2013First time there....for my birthday. Great time!! Returning this weekend with hubby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!DangerussDined on 11/2/2013This was our first time at Delta's and the expectations were high and they knocked out it out the park. Food was exceptional and the speed at which it reached the table was expeditious. Staff was very professional and polite. Ambience was very soothing and relaxing. The jazz band was good but the music was sort of load but I did appreciate the set up for the music area being away from the dining area. Table for two was kind of of small but cozy none the less. Valet parking was a little slow as well with getting my car back to me but overall ....... EXCEPTIONAL Experience!! Job Well Done!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First FridaysfoodieDined on 11/1/2013This was our third time dining here. The food was not as good this time after being excellent the first two times. The atmosphere was nice and the service outstanding. We plan on going back in a few weeks to see another band . Over all I would recommend Delta's. Hopefully the food quality was an aberration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st time experienceDeniseDined on 11/1/2013My father came all the way from northern VA to visit for the weekend. Deltas was a great intro to the good food here in Charlotte, NC for him. Great food, wonderful service, and a really nice atmosphere. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall servicesAnorwardDined on 10/26/2013My over all experience was good but since Delta is one of Charlotte uptown hot spot, Delta will need to consider expanding. I've seen long lines of people waiting for available seating and then to leave the restaurant due to long waiting. I respect the idea of making reservation while; on the other hand, they are in much need of expanding or moving into a larger place to accommodate the walk ins especially people who are coming through or visiting Charlotte from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingBrieDined on 10/25/2013This was a great singles spot. The band was popping and the ambiance was great. I met alot of friendly people as well as so funny ones as well. The food was delicious. The cocktails were a little pricey but your getting what you pay for.Special Features:
- Delicious, great portions and svc!TinafromATLDined on 10/24/2013Visited Delta's while attending a week long conference in Charlotte. I asked a staff member at the hotel where he would eat and he highly recommended Delta's. So of course I had to try it along with 5 of my closest co-workers and friends. The ambience was great - very warm and beautiful. The atmosphere was energetic. The very generous portions of food was impressive. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious. The fried chicken and sweet potato waffles were delicious! Our server was fantastic and very responsive...making superior recommendations to all. Finally, the Manager touched base to ensure our experience was great. We had a wonderful evening at Delta's and we would definitely come again whenever we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, but just Ok food:(ChosenjDined on 10/19/2013I came into town and my sister suggested going here. She had heard it was a very nice place, and it was. But out of the 5 of us that went, none were very pleased with our food. It was nicely arranged on the plate, but nothing at all to brag about. I took my plate home hoping to "doctor it up", but ended up throwing it away. Nice experience, but not worth the price we paid for the food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner for 4Dinner4Dined on 10/19/2013Hello Delta’s We enjoyed our evening at Delata’s, Dinner and Ambiance, and our waiters, Michael were all GREAT!! … Until the busboy spilled 3 glasses of water and a glass of ice on my Husband … the young man was very apologetic (maybe the Manager should also come out on these occasions), but we will come back again Luckily, that did not spoil our outing and celebrating my sister’s and brother in law’s 25 Wedding Anniversary…. And just a side note that I know you guys can’t always control but we were accosted outside your doors upon leaving by a homeless man on crutches that proceeded to follow us to the elevator and stop the doors of the elevated with his crutch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time...Mattiematt01Dined on 10/18/2013I had a wonderful time, our waiter was great!!!! But the folks bussing the tables were no very helpful at times and when i asked for a bag he kind of tossed it to me which I thought was kind of rude. Service was a little slow and we didn't understand the 2hour table limit.Over all the food was awsome and I would give it another try.Special Features:
- love this place!ellyelDined on 10/15/2013This is a great place for great food and entertainment!Special Features:
- Great time at Delta'sJshortDined on 10/12/2013For it being my wife and I first time, it was a great experience for both of us. The food and service was five star all the way. I would recommend Delta's to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKeddie21Dined on 10/11/2013I have been to Deltas before but this was very special because I was celebrating my 35th birthday and the service was so good! They even brought my cake out to me that my husband brought and put some candles in there and song happy birthday to me! It was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, live band is TOO loudCLTneedsTHISDined on 10/11/2013Overall, the atmosphere is definitely a mature and well dressed crowd. The food was better than the reviews I was given! That was a plus! The decor is super fab! The crowd is fab and mature! Now! 9pm to 1am there is a live band, and when the waitress have to step super close to your face, and when you walk in and the hostess cannot hear your reservation name, it is just too loud. I could not have small conversation with my friend until they took intermission. If the music is turned down, a couple of notches it would be PERFECT!!! My throat was literally hurting from trying to talk the next morning. The music can definitely be heard throughout the restaurant, next time I will request to see at the back of the restaurant vs the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 45th Birthday Celebration?BdaygrlDined on 10/5/2013It was indeed my 45th birthday celebration. Out of all the local restaurants in Charlotte, I decided to celebrate at Deltas. Reservations were made and we were accommodated. Upon arriving, yellow caution tap made it difficult to determine the proper entrance. Once finding the front door, we were seated after a five minute wait. During the dinner, a birthday was announced, but it wasn't mine. Even though the reservation request clearly stated that we were celebrating my 45th birthday, the only mention was from the hostess. We purchased 2 meals, a bar drink (4th Ward) and a bottle of wine. The food was excellent; however,the one day I hoped to be treated well, was a miss. Sad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayFoodie34Dined on 9/27/2013I went with 3 of my girlfriends for dinner. Waited to be seated 15 minutes after out reservation and took an hour to get our food. The drinks were good and the ambience is very nice but I was not impressed with the food. It seemed it need a little more creativity especially since Delta's is supposed to be an "upscale" restaurant. I would go back for drinks but that is about it. Seems a little overrated. I guess it's good for Charlotte. I am from New York and lives in DC/Maryland area as well as Atlanta so I guess it's just my experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningDinerDined on 9/25/2013Whether it's a live band or DJ, Delta's always seems to get it right with the music accompaniment! Dinner and music were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd ExperienceTrueFoodieDined on 9/22/2013The restaurant was desolate on a Sunday evening. Usually prime time for an upscale southern restaurant. There was no ambiance at all. I usually enjoy my dining There were only about 15 diners - including the bar!! I usually have a better experience here. Maybe it was just a fluke. The food was only so-so. Better luck next time.
- great foodellyelDined on 9/17/2013I really enjoy Deltas. The salmon and grits is my favorite and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!loveitDined on 9/14/2013It has always been great, but has improved even more! The service was fast! Even for a Saturday night when their was a crowd, we received our food within fifteen minutes. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!!!MrMannAPDined on 9/14/2013I would highly recommend this establishment for any ocassion. We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday. It was a great experience!! Professional, vibrant, and energetic environment.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very nice atmosphere, mypleasantDined on 9/13/2013a very nice atmosphere, my husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with liveteddyVIPDined on 9/13/2013Great restaurant with live music on the weekend. Will defineitely go here eaverytime I visit Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, music & atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2013I loved the relaxed environment and the live entertainment! I had the tilapia with grits and my friend had the blackened salmon. Our sides were mac and cheese, candied yams, sautéed spinach and collard greens. Each item was prepared perfectly! We will definitely return to try more menu items. The desserts were also good. We tried the peach cobbler with ice cream, which had excellent flavor, but very little crust :( and we also had the turtle brownie with ice cream. Our server was very professional and attentive and friendly. The prices were affordable with an average entrée price of $20.00, which is definitely a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyClassyDined on 9/6/2013I enjoyed the dining and music experience at Deltas. First date and the mood was set just right. Thank you!!Special Features:
- The Biggest DeltaCCjustbeingmeDined on 9/1/2013It's clear as soon as you walk into Deltas you'll be take aback at the contemporary decor. But don't let the looks fool you. After being seating from our 4:30 reservation, it was 15 minutes before our server approached our table. But what was more unsettling, it took another 45 minutes for our party of four to receiving our entrees. And to add insult to injury, the restaurant wasn't even full. Although for a southern style dining experience, Deltas delivered on food quality, taste, and presentation. Unfortunately, I can't say it's worth the wait.Special Features:
- Pricey but tasty!CakeladyhayesDined on 8/31/2013Menu was pricey for soul food but the food was very tasty! Service was great, reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.