Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
1000 Front Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltaking.com/
- Phone: 9164414440x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am, Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 7:00am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 - 5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julian Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Complete catering facilities with 8 banquet rooms. 916-441-4440
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 20 guests can be booked through the restaurant. For larger groups please contact the catering department.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Smith 916-379-5051x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Delta Bar & Grill - Thursday through Saturday
A word from Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
The Pilothouse restaurant aboard the historic Delta King offers river side dining, outstanding cuisine, a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list and a great place to meet with friends in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Enjoy Saturday and Sunday Brunch - 7:00 am to 11:30 am. Gluten free items available. Proud participant in the Sacramento Farm to Fork initiative utilizing local seasonal produce when ever it is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)special occasion (54)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (18)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We came early on a Monday night, so had the place pretty much to ourselves initially. The venue is beautiful, with a fantastic view. Fortunately, the food lives up to the view. Appetizer, entree and dessert was enough, with a glass of wine, and some luscious port to finish. Please continue the "Farm to Fork" dining card, as it teased us to try something new. (We've been to the Firehouse a couple of times already)Special Features:
- Crescent1Dined on 10/21/2014The food was exceptional. Full of flavor and porporations were satisfying, not wastefully large. Nice selection of fresh, loca "Farm to Fork" choices. Moderately priced. Wine list was superb. Can't beat the ambiance on the Sacramento River.Special Features:
- What's not to like?UCgradVIPDined on 10/19/2014Good food, great ambience. We were given a window table. My cajun linguini was fabulous. We split a fresh salad and my wife had the Arctic Char. Excellent fare. good wine. Kitchen was a tad slow, but we didn't care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the riverLovely1Dined on 10/17/2014We were greeted by the hostess and she did congratulate us on our 10 year Anniversary which was nice. We were then asked if we wanted to sit in the restaurant or up at the bar where the crowd and singer was. We opted for the bar area since the restaurant was really empty. The singer was good and entertaining, however, the bar crowd was even more entertaining with their antics. They seemed to be regulars and just out having a good time, so we were not that bothered by them, but it did make it hard to hear the singer at times. The food was really good, the service was really good too, so overall, we enjoyed our Anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday celebrationLike2celebrateDined on 10/17/2014Our family thoroughly enjoyed our evening celebrating moms 76 birthday. Mom said the chef did a wonderful job on the meal and our waitress was fun and friendly.Special Features:
- Great viewFoodieDined on 10/12/2014I was very pleased with our dining experience. My sister and I went there for what turned out to be lunch off the menu. We had thought it was going to be a buffet with breakfast and lunch choices. However, we both very much enjoyed our selections off the menu. I had a delicious chicken sandwich and a Key Lime Martini. I love Old Town and it is fun to walk down to the ship. Also, love the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The restaurant was beautiful, the service was outstanding, and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionRWGPBGDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed bringing a visitor to Sacramento to the riverside for an enjoyable evening of dining and conversation. The Delta King provides a great spot in Old Sacramento along the river. It is a great place to enjoy dinner!Special Features:
- Gem on the Sacramento RivertravelingartistDined on 10/9/2014Found this doing a restaurant search near the Sacramento airport. It is actually in old town Sacramento on the revitalized waterfront near the state Capitol building. It is a refurbished riverboat docked on the Sacramento River that contains rooms for overnight stays, a bar area and small dining room. Very nice menu featuring fresh fish and also beef and lamb and chicken. Everything was excellent and the staff were top notch. When my husband finally arrived after parking, they immediately had our martinis at the table. Parking is difficult in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday Celebration65thBDDined on 10/7/2014This is my first visit there. Service was excellent; river view was very scenic, and I especially enjoyed my birthday dessert!Special Features:
- Visiting from OZBriVick1fromWaubraVicDined on 10/7/2014My relatives from Australia met us for a luncheon. They say it compared favorably with the paddle wheelers on the Murray River , Australia at Albury Vic... The old boat has a nice friendly feeling about it , great, I also liked the Cajun food , greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- havinaballDined on 10/4/2014we had a great experience with everything from the food to the service. we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Special nightSaclove444Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great service was top notch definitely going bad a gem of old sacSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We took some out of towners, from Texas here. The food was very good, the atmosphere was wonderful and the service was friendly. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Took My wife here for our 4th anniversary. We got a table for two right by the windows overlooking the river. I order the rig eye and she ordered the linguine. My steak was cooked perfectly (Medium Rare). The wine list is very extensive compared to what you see online. There are plenty of wines (by the bottle) to choose from. Overall experience was great the noise was minimal allowing for a easy conversation to be had. Great wait staff. Will be back for the murder mystery they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Pilothouse RestaurantmlghDined on 9/23/2014Great dining experience. The food was marvelous and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disgusting Bathroom, dirty floorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014We went to the Delta King last Sunday for breakfast. It is such a charming spot, and has beautiful scenery. We were thrilled to walk around, look at the old photos, and check out Old Sac and the river view. Our visit took a downhill turn when we used the restroom. It was absolutely the most disgusting experience I've had in a long time. It was disgustingly dirty, unkempt, and very shabby. It made me wonder what the condition of the kitchen was. Plus, it was evident that the staff did not vacuum the carpet after the dinner shift from the night before. We arrived right when the restaurant opened, and there was debris and old foodstuff on the carpet and up the carpeted stairs.Special Features:
- A good option in a tourist zoneKarenVIPDined on 9/19/2014If one is in the mood for white-table-cloth-style service in an area that caters to fast food tastes, then the Pilot House Restaurant aboard the Delta King Steamer in Old Sacramento is a good option. As a whole, the menu options featured classics in keeping with the old-fashioned setting. So in that spirit we chose boneless ribeye steaks, preceded by a better than average Caesar salad, and accompanied by an Amador County zinfandel. The service was attentive, the steaks were done to perfection, and the wine list offered a good range of fairly-priced options. There was nothing adventurous in our food, but we had a satisfying experience. On our next visit to the area we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed the Delta King experienceJRAMSDined on 9/16/2014Great ambiance, we ate on the upper deck overlooking the river. the weather was perfect providing for a very nice romantic evening. We were able to choose from the main dinning (downstairs) menu and the upper casual menu. The staff were very nice and attentive. My wife's rib eye steak was not remarkable and not worth the price. I had the pork chop witch was a little tough but the garnish was outstanding. The ambiance made up for the so so food, overall we had a nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and unique!IampickyDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Our reservation was for 8 pm, so there weren't many people in the restaurant. The food was wonderful! Our server was not overly attentive and I was completely out of water. I don't think he had too many tables, so I'm not sure why he wasn't around more. The food alone is enough to bring me back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty little spot in old townFoodiemomDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is on the middle floor of the DeltaKing and the food is great, the service is friendly, and my family really had a nice time. I would definitely go again and recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but somewhat disappointingluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at the Pilot House numerous times and i am sorry to say that this last visit was somewhat disappointing. The Calamari was over cooked (a bit tough) and the scallops my husband ordered were also over cooked (very chewy). I had salmon, which was good, but slightly over cooked. The salad was very good, veggies were very fresh and crisp. Tomatoes were incredible, farm to fork initiative is wonderful. Love the garden fresh veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind staff, excellent serviceDrDarlaDined on 9/12/2014Quite accomodating. We had to delay our reservation by an hour so did not get a window table. The staff let us know we could check out the upstairs bar which was first come, first serve and we got a beautiful spot.Special Features:
- get a way night outfunnightoutDined on 9/12/2014WE stayed the night on the Delta King, could not have asked for a more enjoyable local getaway. We and a very nice ,quite, romantic night dinner aboard the King. The staff made our stay even better. The people that work for the Delta King seem to enjoy their occupation and the make you feel right at home while you are there.Special Features:
- dissapointedanonymousDined on 9/5/2014I spent a good deal of time choosing a good destination to take my dad and husband to. Based on good reviews, I chose this establishment. The ambiance is nice until it gets dark, then you'd be lucky to see your fork. The server was sweet. That's the only good I can muster. Whoever created the menu should go back and taste what's coming out of the kitchen now. Poor quality and portion size. Heavy hand on the salt. Long wait time. I'd have been happier with leftovers and time with my dad was poorly spent along with over $100.
- food great service meahrobstar95Dined on 9/5/2014We loved the food every thing well prepared prime rib cooked perfect cream spinach so good pasta so good how ever we called to say that we would be a little late because of traffic they said it would be okay but when we showed up only 10 minutes late they said something along the lines of it took you long enough. We just laughed it off they sat us it wasn't that busy but it took them about 15 minutes to get us our drinks then another 10 for food order we had to flag some one down for refills then at the end we ordered desert it took around 25 minutes for them to bring it I was going to ask for coffee but was too afraid by the time it came we would have finished desert so we hurried up and left employees where so nice there but slow sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014My husband and I ate our first meal as a married couple at the Delta King. It was a magical experience. Our server was attentive, the kitchen highly accommodating. However at this visit our server was lackluster. The allergy my husband has was accommodated, but moderately. Server had no recommendations for alternate sides. My husband's birthday wasn't recognized, not even a "happy birthday". The steak he ordered was amazing, cooked to perfection, yet my ravioli was dry and bland. At the end when I asked for a dessert menu our server said she might be able to finagle a dessert. It was 9:10! Our reservation was at 8:30. She never once asked if we would want dessert nor informed us that the kitchen was closing. A very disappointing evening.Special Features:
- No more brunch buffetKateyeDined on 8/31/2014They don't do the brunch buffet anymore but offered a brunch menu - no problem until they told me they quit serving brunch at 11:30 (after I got there)! I had 11:00 reservations for my family of 8 and a few members arrived late so they had to order off the lunch menu. Food was ok. Service was slow but I appreciated that since some of my group was late. The server did a good job of juggling a couple of large parties. The venue is unique and the view is great - still worth it -especially if you have guests from out of town.Special Features:
- Most accommodatingRWGPBGDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate my son's engagement; hostess couldn't seat us riverside indoors, so they made room on main deck overlooking the River. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but too quiet...MahlergirlDined on 8/24/2014We ate here on a Sunday evening. There weren't many patrons in the dining room, and all the shades were drawn because of the sun. Eventually the shades went up, and that made the experience much better. The dining room was really dark without the natural light. There were some bothersome flies buzzing around our table and landing on our food, which was not a great meal enhancer. We ordered a bread and cheese plate, and the crusty bread, although delicious, left lots of crumbs on the table. It would have been nice to have the crumbs cleared by the server. The food was outstanding. From the clam chowder to the scallops to the seafood special (yellowfin, I believe), everything was of superb taste and quality. Thank you!Special Features:
- ChuckChuckDined on 8/23/2014The Delta King/ Pilothouse restaurant had the best Primerib dinner special the wife and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th AnniversayrickDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our 20th wedding Anniversary aboard the Delta King Hotel and enjoyed a terrific dinner at the Pilothouse Restaurant. Highly recommend for that special occasion. RickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delta King LunchKINGLUNCHDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful view & fantastic food. We made our reservation in advance online & were excited about our lunch but the greeting was lackluster. Someone indicating we could sit anywhere as they continued to fold napkins with no enthusiasm or greeting. After a long wait, I had to ask for menus. There was a wine mix up but worked itself out. For our next glass & wanted a red but she never checked back. Bringing pepper for our salad seemed to be difficult and of non interest. The good news; the food presentation & taste was OUTSTANDING. From appetizers to each main course were delicious. Because of this, I would recommend dining at the KING & will go back.Special Features:
- occasion 58th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We were expecting something very special, but it was "just okay". Will probably return someday. Wish you would bring back the "chef's special menu, five courses for like $39.95 per person, (wine paring for $15.00 more)". We really enjoyed that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchLunchDined on 8/9/2014Unique restaurant on the Sacramento delta in a boat... Probably book with the restaurant directly due to opentable.com relentless emails.Special Features:
- eihleaVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our early dinner on the deck of the Delta King. The hostess was very gracious with finding just the right space for us with our service dog and the waitress brought a bowl of water for her as it was very warm. The food was delicious, the service was very nice and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTylerDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent. My girlfriend wanted to have a date night on the river and had a pleasant night for the most part. The only down side was it took longer than we wanted for our meals to be served, but regardless we still had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting PlacesamgrahamDined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for 915 on a Saturday night in Old Sacramento. There wasn't much of a crowd in the restaurant. There was an energetic band/crowd in the bar upstairs. The special (a $38 Prime Rib) was good, although it was sold out except for one medium rare cut and one end cut. The end cut ended up being over done and tough. The regular cut was great. The steak that our other friends ordered were good. The mashed potatoes and greens were lukewarm at best, but were tasty. The facility itself was unique.
- Love it!alleycat277Dined on 7/31/2014The Pilothouse is one of my favorites! We have only been twice but it has been a treat each time! The service is very attentive and the food is outstanding!Special Features:
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Celebrated birthday and loved eating here. Food was amazing, fresh, flavourful, Cajon chicken ship sausage linguine wow. And the steak dinner wow bread served wow Just a very fancy good sized meal at reasonable price Staff and service was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.