Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
1000 Front Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deltaking.com/
- Phone: 9164414440x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am, Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 7:00am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30 - 5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julian Vasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Complete catering facilities with 8 banquet rooms. 916-441-4440
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 20 guests can be booked through the restaurant. For larger groups please contact the catering department.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Smith 916-379-5051x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Delta Bar & Grill - Thursday through Saturday
A word from Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant
The Pilothouse restaurant aboard the historic Delta King offers river side dining, outstanding cuisine, a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list and a great place to meet with friends in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Enjoy Saturday and Sunday Brunch - 7:00 am to 11:30 am. Gluten free items available. Proud participant in the Sacramento Farm to Fork initiative utilizing local seasonal produce when ever it is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Delta King - Pilothouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)romantic (62)special occasion (61)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (16)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Most accommodatingRWGPBGDined on 8/30/2014Went to celebrate my son's engagement; hostess couldn't seat us riverside indoors, so they made room on main deck overlooking the River. It was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but too quiet...MahlergirlDined on 8/24/2014We ate here on a Sunday evening. There weren't many patrons in the dining room, and all the shades were drawn because of the sun. Eventually the shades went up, and that made the experience much better. The dining room was really dark without the natural light. There were some bothersome flies buzzing around our table and landing on our food, which was not a great meal enhancer. We ordered a bread and cheese plate, and the crusty bread, although delicious, left lots of crumbs on the table. It would have been nice to have the crumbs cleared by the server. The food was outstanding. From the clam chowder to the scallops to the seafood special (yellowfin, I believe), everything was of superb taste and quality. Thank you!Special Features:
- ChuckChuckDined on 8/23/2014The Delta King/ Pilothouse restaurant had the best Primerib dinner special the wife and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th AnniversayrickDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our 20th wedding Anniversary aboard the Delta King Hotel and enjoyed a terrific dinner at the Pilothouse Restaurant. Highly recommend for that special occasion. RickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delta King LunchKINGLUNCHDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful view & fantastic food. We made our reservation in advance online & were excited about our lunch but the greeting was lackluster. Someone indicating we could sit anywhere as they continued to fold napkins with no enthusiasm or greeting. After a long wait, I had to ask for menus. There was a wine mix up but worked itself out. For our next glass & wanted a red but she never checked back. Bringing pepper for our salad seemed to be difficult and of non interest. The good news; the food presentation & taste was OUTSTANDING. From appetizers to each main course were delicious. Because of this, I would recommend dining at the KING & will go back.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchLunchDined on 8/9/2014Unique restaurant on the Sacramento delta in a boat... Probably book with the restaurant directly due to opentable.com relentless emails.Special Features:
- eihleaVIPDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our early dinner on the deck of the Delta King. The hostess was very gracious with finding just the right space for us with our service dog and the waitress brought a bowl of water for her as it was very warm. The food was delicious, the service was very nice and we will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceTylerDined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent. My girlfriend wanted to have a date night on the river and had a pleasant night for the most part. The only down side was it took longer than we wanted for our meals to be served, but regardless we still had a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting PlacesamgrahamDined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for 915 on a Saturday night in Old Sacramento. There wasn't much of a crowd in the restaurant. There was an energetic band/crowd in the bar upstairs. The special (a $38 Prime Rib) was good, although it was sold out except for one medium rare cut and one end cut. The end cut ended up being over done and tough. The regular cut was great. The steak that our other friends ordered were good. The mashed potatoes and greens were lukewarm at best, but were tasty. The facility itself was unique.
- Love it!alleycat277Dined on 7/31/2014The Pilothouse is one of my favorites! We have only been twice but it has been a treat each time! The service is very attentive and the food is outstanding!Special Features:
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Celebrated birthday and loved eating here. Food was amazing, fresh, flavourful, Cajon chicken ship sausage linguine wow. And the steak dinner wow bread served wow Just a very fancy good sized meal at reasonable price Staff and service was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must SeeBfoodDined on 7/29/2014Historic gem in old Sacramento. Great historic atmosphere and ambiance. This ship was used to go between Sacramento and San Fran in early days. It has been restored to original condition. We went on a Thursday night service was great, wine list robust. My daughter and I shared the porterhouse steak which large and done perfect medium rare it was served with a mashed potato and fresh spinach steamed exactly right...overall perfect.Special Features:
- WBIHistoryBuffDined on 7/29/2014We had the short rib ravioli and crab cake appetizer. We normally don't order crab cakes because they are mostly dough, but these were excellent and full of crag meat. The ravioli were hand made and full of wonderful flavor and meat. We highly recommend. Also, you can't beat the view or the historical surroundings! Loved it!Special Features:
- Where's Gordon when you need him?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014I specifically requested a window table via OT. When I arrive I was told by a hostess wearing work out gear under her dress, that they cannot always accommodate those requests. What I realized is that they did not even check the online reservations! We were seated, but as soon as a window seat came up I requested to move and was accommodated. The cushion seating was worn and torn, the waitress clothes were dirty suggesting she was also cooking in the kitchen. I order a mimosa and was told by the waitress that the champagne has just been brought up and was not chilled and that it would be a while before they could serve it. I explained to her that the orange juice would serve to chill the champagne and she reluctantly obliged.
- NANANANANANANANANANANANA1Dined on 7/12/2014I do not wnat to submit a review as it is not necessary after answering the question above. Consider my private note the review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Side DiningTravelingNonnaDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I ate at the Delta King Pilothouse restaurant to celebrate my birthday. The wine list was impressive and our waiter was very knowledgeable about wine/food pairings. We were offered a river side table as soon as it became available, which made our evening! The food was very good, including a Caesar salad made right at the table. I think everyone would enjoy a special evening here, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great Early Bird BreakfastMamechanDined on 7/6/2014My husband & I had a vacation on 3-6 July at Sacramento for my premature birthday present. And I requested to my husband having an Early bird breakfast at Delta King restaurant. Because I like taking a walk in the morning, in quiet, nice view and with fresh air. And Delta King was recommended as a place you must visit in Sacramento by tourists. It was absolutely correct. We ordered one plate of king omelet and one bowl of fruits for share. Later the waitress served them divided for two plates with decorating beautiful, even I didn't ask anything for that. We were very pleased with her and cook''s hospitarity. Of course, foods were delicious. I don't know dinner time, but I recommend you to have a Early Bird Breakfast at Delta King.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VchatalohaVchatalohaDined on 7/4/2014The 5 of us who usually don't do anything for the 4th of July since our kids are all grown up decided to go to Old Town Sacramento & thought it would be great to eat on The Delta King & view the fireworks from there also !! Well the good was amazing & being right on the water was GREAT to see the fireworks !!! 🎊🎊🎊 the staff was all very nice to us in the bar and restaurant !! We will do that again !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!!CoolDined on 7/2/2014Not only was the view of the river and the Paddle Wheeler ambiance very enjoyable, but the food and service was excellent as well. How nice to sit down in cool air, on the water, with friendly service, and good food. To quote an old line, "Try it, you'll like it!!"Special Features:
- Dinner on the riverLoraleeMDined on 6/30/2014The Delta King is a 100-year-old paddlewheel riverboat moored on the Sacramento River. The Pilothouse, its restaurant, has nice views of the river and the passing boats. The food is largely seafood; I had the shrimp louie, which was very good. The waitress was attentive and fun. Overall, a good place to have a special meal.Special Features:
- ScrizzlyWoo1Dined on 6/28/2014The food, service, and ambience were all very enjoyable. It was a great place to bring out of town visitors and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceHaileyyjonesDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was fantastic! The whole staff was attentive and so friendly. It was such a special experience and one that I would do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over allrrjoeDined on 6/22/2014Great experience! Great food! Only negative was flies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively atomosphereFizysicistDined on 6/22/2014We made reservations for Sunday lunch expecting to maintain a reasonable leval of conversation with our out-of-town guest. Unfortunately we chose a day when the World Cup soccer games were being broadcast so the noise level of sports fans and other happy groups made that nearly impossible. That could happen anywhere, but the Pilot House is intimate in size so it was not the best experience. Food was great and staff was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great view and food, service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Overall the experience is great, however the service was very slow and we had to track the waitress down for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We had our son's college graduation dinner here. Our waitress greeted our son by saying'Congratulations !' The food was delicious. I had grouper with a black bean/corn relish on top. Also, Carmel cheesecake for dessert. My husband had roasted chicken, my son had steak. Everyone loved their food. The ambiance is elegant but with a casual vibe. I didn't realize this restaurant was in Old Town Sacramento when I made the reservation. The sun was going down as we finished our meal, and the view was just spectacular. I definitely recommend this restaurant for any and all occasions. I would love to go back and sit with a cup of coffee and just watch the river go by. Great place! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Not organized, did not even ask our name and had no idea about reservation, however we did get a tableSpecial Features:
- Relaxing and Great River View!Ronnie77Dined on 6/15/2014We spent Father's Day morning at the Pilothouse out on the Front Riverside deck and it was great! Food was wonderful and even better was the view and the service! We were never rushed and staff allowed us just to relax and enjoy the day with our family! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLuv2dineDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is historic and well done. Beautiful view of the river and excellent food. We had prime rib(super good). People seemed to really enjoy the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointing - won't go backAsh523VIPDined on 6/14/2014We made reservations for our son's graduation 1 month in advance. We requested a window seat for our special occasion. Upon arriving, we were given a table in the middle of the noisy room. We couldn't hear each other across the table. When I asked about the window seat, the hostess said she didn't know when folks would be leaving. Service was slow and inattentive, and food was very bland. Won't ever return.
- beautiful scenic eatsruffgurl311Dined on 6/13/2014This place has great food and great service. The view of the river is beautiful to look at over a delicious meal. There's also a bar with live music upstairs and an extensive wine list. Wonderfully romantic date night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoysterDined on 6/12/2014Good food. Great Band One Eyed Riley......Don't miss it.Special Features:
- great serviceDsalas410Dined on 6/11/2014Server and host was very helpful and knowledgable on the food and wine. They recommended a wine based on the dish we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner very muchjericolizDined on 6/5/2014The menu at Pilothouse is very good. We started with a flatbread appetizer topped with proscuitto. Excellent!!! We both chose the beef shortrib ravioli which wasn't as wonderful as it sounded but it was still good. There is a bar with live music not very far from the dining room but it really didn't interfere with the ambience of the dining room. Waiter was excellent and service was good. The view was great! I would recommenend this resturant.Special Features:
- Lovely SettingnanaspicsDined on 6/5/2014We took out-of-town guests here for dinner. They were thrilled to step onto the Delta King and into the lovely dining room. The ambiance could not be better, soft lighting, fresh table cloths, beautiful table settings, polished wood and brass, and the river view. Our server was polite, well and had just the right touch of friendliness. Everyone was pleased with their meal. I was hesitant to order the rib-eye steak because I am a filet mignon lover. The server reassured me and I was pleased with the tenderness and flavor of the nicely seared rare meat. The wine list was adequate but small. We did enjoy a very nice cab. I'm surprised this restaurant was not crowded on a Friday night. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food/servicehpydinerDined on 6/2/2014took my mom for her 57th wedding anniv. food was great. my son (11y/o) loved the seafood chioppino. Would be nice to be able to have better view of water before the sun sets with the windows shades open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedSantoiDined on 6/1/2014First time at this restaurant. Staff very friendly and answered all questions. Everyone had a wonderful dinner. Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience on the waterlwmlDined on 6/1/2014The Salmon Creek sparkling wine was a real treat and delicious with eggs and smoked salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TicaDined on 5/30/2014Good food. Gotta try the flour-less chocolate cake!!!! YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Findabrown5540Dined on 5/30/2014The view was lovely, the Pilot House restaurant was quiet and the food was great. What more could you ask for?? Great find!Special Features: