56 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmonicosny.com/
- Phone: 2125091144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Olivia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished chefs can bring the same terrific cuisine to your office or location of your choice, serving from 5 to 2000. We offer full service off premise catering complete with menu design, decor, entertainment and staffing at your home, gallery, museum or any other tristate location.
- Special Events: Inquire about our great team building events including our legendary Iron Chef Competition, Vintage Dinners, Hands on Cooking Classes, "Art" Tastings and a variety of special events for groups.
A word from Delmonico's
Delmonico's began as the first restaurant in the United States and has had a profound impact on American dining tradition. Our setting is where nearly two centuries of notable poets, affluent socialites, celebrities and presidents have celebrated in the splendor that is Delmonico's. Delmonico's welcomes Executive Chef Bill Oliva our kitchen. While preserving the classic dishes such as Lobster Newburg, Delmonico's Steak and Baked Alaska, Bill brings a level of culinary sophistication to Delmonico's with his addition of creative seafood offerings and other inventive dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delmonico's reviews from OpenTable diners
311 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (202)romantic (138)fit for foodies (100)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (74)great for lunch (65)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (13)great for brunch (12)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- First ClassJhurlVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food; excellent service. everything you would expect from A first class steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic NY SteakhousekpolitteDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, and ambience where terrific. This ambiance has a touch more class than most NY steakhouses.Special Features:
- Great experienceGerryBhoy1888Dined on 9/5/2014Delmonico's is one of New York's iconic eateries and is perfect for a special meal. It did not disappoint. Food and service both excellent and an incredible wine list.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014constant pounding noise came from kitchen - pounding veal near kitchen door steaks not cooked to order hostess was terrible
- HistoricalHappyDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding steak. Service, ambiance, drinks all first class. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Historically SatisfyingMikeFTLDined on 8/30/2014We went mainly for the historical significance of this restaurant and, although we understand there has been significant remodeling and restoration over the years. we found it to be very charming (including the hostess and waiter) and the food was very good. We had to try the original Delmonico's steak, Lobster Newberg, Baked Alaska, Delmonico's potatoes and we were not disappointed (Although we personally did not care for the Lobster Newberg, it was probably fine but just not for us.). The only negative was the bored attitude of the bartender in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakMikeDined on 8/30/2014Whenever I find myself in downtown Manhattan, I find a way to work in dinner at Delmonico's. Great selection of special and affordable delicious wines. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- best steak in americachuckVIPDined on 8/30/2014classic place for a ny strip. the ny strip was probably invented here 100+ years ago. the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Steak NightSaraDined on 8/29/2014I had a craving for steak on a Friday and was able to get a 7pm reservation on the same day. The service was prompt and food is delicious, as always. The steak was cooked just the way I like it and had lots of flavor! Definitely will return again with friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMackinnonkaDined on 8/18/2014Great menu variety, well executed meals and an intriguing surrounding, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sucker4steakDined on 8/16/2014Although a bit confused about online menu and actual menu I was very hesitant because very different and waiter had no idea what I was ordering so finally ordered the NY STRIP steak /sweet corn and Chile peppers and it was fantastic 4 star meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLateComerDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife there on her birthday. The location is convenient. We were seated promptly without delay. We loved the historic setting. The service was good and the food came quickly. She enjoyed the food, especially the chocolate cake for desert. We had a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!RHS143Dined on 8/15/2014First time dining at Delmonico's on the last day of Restaurant Week (8/15). First impression of the place, historical and grand! Love the look of the place. Opted to go a la carte. Had the Blue Crab cake (scrumptious), Delmonico's steak - Oscar style (mmmm so good melt in your mouth!), side dish of their succulent King Crab Mac and Cheese and for dessert, Chocolate Mouse with Peach remoulade and peanut butter ice cream (decadent). Drinks: Amsterdam Martini and Cab Sav. oh their bread and butter...so good! Overall, great service, attentive staff. enjoyed the food. Would come back here again!Special Features:
- Delmonico'sSimarkDined on 8/15/2014We went during resturant week and ordered off the special menu. We had salad,filet mignon and the baked Alaska the food was excellent and so was the service. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Transports you to a different timeOrionDined on 8/14/2014Somehow, the combination of decor, dining, drinks, service, and location all contribute to a distinct feeling that one has stepped out of the hubbub and chaos of NYC life and into a simpler, more refined time. Everything we had was well-executed and delicious, especially the steaks and Chicken a la Keene. Lived up to all expectations.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I loved filet mignon they had for dinner. Service was not as good as I expected...server was kind of in hurry, getting all the dishes in haste. Ambience is very good though, very Victorian-style and romantic.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner SpotBreadofLifeDined on 8/14/2014We decided to go with the Restaurant Week menu, which is worth it even with the supplemental charges. The Wedge salad was ok and the Lobster Newberg appetizer didn't taste very fresh. The filet mignon came out pink (even though my fiancee asked for well-done) but the Delmonico Classic Steak was excellent (well-seasoned and cooked to medium-rare perfection). The Baked Alaska was delicious with great textures and the Valhrona chocolate cake was AMAZING. I had ordered a side of King Crab Mac & Cheese and it never came out. The exceptional staff (phenomenal service the whole night) quickly apologized and gave us a free Lemon-Raspberry Cheesecake to compensate, which was delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!PauxDined on 8/14/2014Delmonico's restaurant was a perfect experience, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiFi123Dined on 8/14/2014It may have been because we lunched during restaurant week, but I felt rushed to finish my meal and leave.tne slow roasted filet entree was mushy---not at all like steak. It didn't taste so bad, but still... I'd be hesitant to try Delmonico's for dinner; their prices seem exceptionally high for the quality of meal one receives.Special Features:
- Go once for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014We happened upon "Restaurant Week" fixed price. The Salad wedge portion was small but tasty. My entree of Rib Eye was a bit dry and not tht hot. The mashed potatoes were cold. The Baked Alaska was not that tasty. My wife ordered the Keen Chicken which was very good but small. The pasta served with the chicken was very good. Our waiter was effecient but had no personality. He was going throught the motions. It felt like we were being rushed. The ambience on Bever Street is worth the visit but I am happy we did not pay full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week reviewBINEDined on 8/13/2014we came for restaurant week dinner, the waiters' service was kind off what a fine dining restaurant supposed to be. A lot of water drop on the table while refilling. Mistakenly bring other table's food to our table. My first time been Delmonico's with this kind of experience, especially the service, I will not come back again. I have been tried different steakhouses are way better. Fine dining restaurant should have their good service all the time even it's restaurant week. Food quality for restaurant week menu is way off from their regular menu.Special Features:
- Undercooked or OvercookedFlipDined on 8/13/2014Been to the restaurant before, last time the beef was overcooked and this time the Arctic Char was undercooked but the sauce was good on both dishes. The kitchen seems to have problem controlling time and temperature. Anyway, it's a great place to impress people with the restaurant's classy ambience.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceHHHHDined on 8/12/2014Yes, it is restaurant week. Yes, it is lunch. Yes, I decided not to upgrade to the better steak But there is no excuse for terrible service. Not to mention my steak is only half the thickness of the plates two tables from me. And then my leather shoes was stepped on by the waiter. Food was good, but I can't tolerant this kind of service. Will not go back again.
- ServicesandsDined on 8/11/2014Our evening was great. Our server David was EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant with great stylemichaelcDined on 8/11/2014We reserved for 6:30 pm on a Tuesday and were seated immediately; by the time we left, the restaurant and bar were filled with customers. From the wood panelling and soft lighting, the ambience prepared us for a wonderful evening. The food was presented beautifully and tasted delicious (Lobster Newburg, Filet Mignon, lemon cheesecake). Delmonico's lives up to its great reputation. A note: the service was excellent. This helps heighten the experience. Happy dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marie5180Marie5180Dined on 8/11/2014Delmonico is the place for those with a discerning palate. Aside from the history of its New York building more significant is the history of several dishes they alone invented. Had their Lobster Newburg as a main dish. A dish prepared to perfection with just the right amount of rich sauce and lobster that was not over-cooked. Their appetiser salad, lettuce greens with light blue cheese along with their lemon raspberry cheesecake for desert complimented the lunch meal. Delmonico has earned its reputation as a restaurant for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee13Dined on 8/8/2014Went for Restaurant Week. Even though if was a limited menu, the choices were very good. The hostess was very nice and had us seated within five minutes. The waiter was very nice, helpful and very friendly. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Delmonico's has been in business since 1837. It used to be for the rich and famous dressed in their best, or the Financial District crowd in their suits and ties. Now its for everyone and its casual dress which is a lot more comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, good servicefoodiewannabeDined on 8/8/2014The foie gras was particularly good, and so was the baked alaska. My friends liked their steaks a lot. I think that my filet mignon was really good, but I've been to a couple of steakhouses in NYC that were better. The risotto appetizer that I had was nice, but not particularly special. The service, however, was attentive, without being annoying (I don't like it when the servers are always there, prohibiting conversation).Special Features:
- Good food and OK servicedowntownDined on 8/7/2014Food is pretty good for the restaurant week but waited for a long time to get the table. It was also very noisy and not possible to have a good conversation.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 8/7/2014The decor was nice, the service was good and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magical Evening at DelmonicosmagsDined on 8/7/2014To celebrate my son's 23rd bday. We both came away with a memory that will last us a lifetime. Highly recommend. 3 1/2 hours of fine dining.Special Features:
- Summer 2014 Restaurant WeekoisterDined on 8/6/2014We went here for RW because living in the West Village we rarely find the need to dine out in the Financial District. The place definitely has that "historic" feel to it. The staff was courteous but I would not say the service was exceptional. We ordered the RW red wine (Pinot Noir), which was surprisingly decent for the price - we ended up drinking two bottles. The risotto appetizer was delicious and by far the best dish from the appetizer choices - the lobster was quite bland and disappointing. They seem to go cheap on the mains that are included in the RW menu, unless you pay extra for some dishes. One of our party returned the 8oz filet mignon (looked like 4oz) and instead paid extra for the Delmonico's 20oz Steak, which was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ResultsShockDined on 8/6/2014We were a party of 3 choosing from the Restaurant Week Menu at $38.00 per person. Shrimp Risotto and Iceberg Salad Appetizers were good. Steaks were simply prepared and cooked perfectly. Fish was good. Desserts (choice of 3) were awful, either gooey (Valrhona cake) or dry (cheesecake). Wine by the glass was $10 for a good pour. Service was, at best, indifferent. Tip therefore was the minimum 15%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappySteakLoverDined on 8/6/2014dinner was great. service was great, can't imagine it being any betterSpecial Features:
- After Work DinnerSweetMaPeaDined on 8/5/2014The food, service & ambience were superb. I highly recommend this restaurant. My coworker and I had salad & risotto for appetizer, the filet minon for entree and the chocolate cake for dessert. The service was swift and efficient. After eating and paying the tab, I thought we would have been ushered out the door. Not the case, the staff remained friendly and courteous. My one downfall came when I needed to use the ladies room. It appears there's only one female restroom for the entire establishment. This was a problem as another patron chose to spend a significant amount of time in the facility causing almost a major catastrophe for me! Ladies, beware of drinking too much liquid, then having to join the line to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful beefCherpDined on 8/5/2014We took advantage of Restaurant Week to visit. A special cocktail and wine are part of the Restaurant Week options. We thoroughly enjoyed both. We started with risotto, which was tasty but could have been creamier. We moved on to outstanding tenderloin. The beef is aged and buttery. We then had baked Alaska, which is totally decadent. The presentation, particularly of the baked Alaska, is noteworthy. We could not have had better service. The dining room is elegant and quiet. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOY QUITE A LOTDELMODined on 8/5/2014WE WENT ON RESTAURANT WEEK FOR LUCH. RISOTO ON APPETIZER LIST WAS SO DILICIOUS. STEAK AND DESSERT WERE GREAT AS WELL. I HAVE BEEN IN DEL FOR QUITE SOME TIMES. I COULD SAY THAT IT NEVER DISPOITTED ME. GREAT FOR SPECIAL EVENT AS WELL.Special Features:
- ExcellenceCuriousDined on 8/4/2014Excellent in every way. Service was efficient. Courses served promptly. Ambiance is outstanding. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazing!zachDined on 8/4/2014My favorite steak house on nyc. Staff always friendly and professional, food is always perfect, and beautiful interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambiance, great foodmandie31Dined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent and the food was very delicious. Delmonico' sis truly a phenomenal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.