56 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmonicosny.com/
- Phone: (212) 509-1144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Olivia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished chefs can bring the same terrific cuisine to your office or location of your choice, serving from 5 to 2000. We offer full service off premise catering complete with menu design, decor, entertainment and staffing at your home, gallery, museum or any other tristate location.
- Special Events: Inquire about our great team building events including our legendary Iron Chef Competition, Vintage Dinners, Hands on Cooking Classes, "Art" Tastings and a variety of special events for groups.
A word from Delmonico's
Delmonico's began as the first restaurant in the United States and has had a profound impact on American dining tradition. Our setting is where nearly two centuries of notable poets, affluent socialites, celebrities and presidents have celebrated in the splendor that is Delmonico's. Delmonico's welcomes Executive Chef Bill Oliva our kitchen. While preserving the classic dishes such as Lobster Newburg, Delmonico's Steak and Baked Alaska, Bill brings a level of culinary sophistication to Delmonico's with his addition of creative seafood offerings and other inventive dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delmonico's reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (149)romantic (102)fit for foodies (76)good for groups (68)notable wine list (65)neighborhood gem (56)great for lunch (45)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Excellent steaks but too muchSuzyVIPDined on 11/26/2014The dinner menu only offers the filets in one size which are huge. Our waiter offered a smaller size so I accepted that. To my disappointment it came covered with gravy on a bed of mashed potatoes and a few vegetables. It was good but would have rathered it just grilled like the larger portion.Special Features:
- Iconic Wall Street steak houseLiz0901Dined on 11/24/2014The service was impeccable. I ordered the petite filet for lunch and it was excellent. This is a great spot to entertain clients. The dining room is classic old New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with my FianceEugeniaDined on 11/12/2014I brought my fiancé here for his birthday dinner. Everything was wonderful from the start. The food was exceptional, the atmosphere was great and our server was very good.. Our server's shift was ending so he introduced us to a new server that would be taking care of us for the remainder of the evening - which was really just dessert. Our check was taken care of by someone else I had not seen before, and it came out wrong. It was embarrassing and kind of put a bad taste in my mouth with that being the thing that happened at the very end of the whole experience. The general manager came over offering to buy us a drink to appease us, we turned him down, but it was just so disconcerting to see these people scramble around trying to figure out what went wrong, looking like deers in headlights - in a supposed fin dining establishment. When I was getting my coat, the hostess asked me how everything went, I told her everything was great until we got our check, the general manager happened to be standing right there (oops) and piped in that he really did want to make us happy. I told him I would love to have 2-wine glasses with the monogram "D", which he was not allowed to give out. He did give me a Delmonico's Cook Book - which was very nice and a very nice gesture in hopes of making us happy and willing to overlook the check issue. All in all, great night, and I would probably go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2014Delmonico's is as outstanding, nostalgic & lavish as I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took Great Care of UsJamesDined on 11/10/2014Traveled to NYC specifically for this restaurant on our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. The staff was attentive and engaging and recommended items that were perfect for us. We had a wonderful evening and are extremely happy with Delmonico's as a destination dining experience.Special Features:
- Ignore the rude waiter and enjoyhknow2Dined on 11/7/2014Waiter was rude and short, got everything right but with a very short and arrogant attitude. We brought our toddler since we were traveling without a nanny. When I needed to change my childs diaper it was a huge problem for the manager and hostess, they promised to assist me with using the Board Room for 3 minutes. I stood up front with toddler for almost 10 minutes before returning to my seat, I was never approached again or asked if I still need to use the room. My child never got her diaper changed until after we left the restaurant. The food was good, but the arrogant waiter and the lack of response from management with my child needs ruined the experience.Special Features:
- ServiceShilohVIPDined on 11/5/2014Our waiter hardly tended to our table. Additionally it took 50 minutes for our steaks to come out and the restaurant wasn't even full. Last every time our water was filled the busboy filled each glass aggressively with ice flying on the table. The restaurant needs to work on refining its service.
- Excellent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014Perfect for a lunch meeting. Sandwiches are beyond fantastic and ambience great for small groupsSpecial Features:
- MAGNIFICENTDined on 10/27/2014The decor was a treat to the eyes and then the most delicious food was a treat to our appetite.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dining ExperienceAmajirionDiningDined on 10/25/2014Every aspect of our dining experience was magnificent! We arrived early before our reservation and was promptly seated by a lovely hostess. Our waiter's wine and menu recommendations exceeded our expectationsand the portions of food were quite generous. Overall we couldnt hae chosen a better place to celebrate our four year wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Delmonico'ssclarkDined on 10/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Delmonico's Steak House. This is a restaurant I have wanted to visit for several years and was not disappointed. Our waiter was very helpful and made us feel welcome. The decor was beautiful, the seats comfortable and the food incredible. Would recommend this to anyone that wants to splurge on a great meal and a great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Better than expected!MickeyDined on 10/18/2014I tried to book a table at another top NY steakhouse and was told that there were not any tables available and I am so glad! Everything at Delmonico's was outstanding so it is hard to rate one category higher than the other but I must point out the service. We were a party of eight plus a 2 year old and I can't stress how impressed I was with the service. The waiter went out of his way to take care of the entire table but especially the little one which made it easier on the mom. Every dish was outstanding - from the appetizers to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Old FriendsChrisDDined on 10/17/2014We done out regularly, and Delmonicos was a real highlight. Great steak and accompaniments, very good wine and excellent service. Made the nlght a real success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcRacostaDined on 10/14/2014Exc food. Nice place. Oysters were amaizing!!! And the prime rib espectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a New York InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014The service was wonderful, the steak outstanding, and the atmosphere - so old New York, which isn't so easy to find these days. Will definitely be back for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the mixed bagrxcusDined on 10/11/2014Walked in and was immediately impressed with the decor. Impressions were quickly changed when we had to wait 20 minutes for a table (despite the reservation). Service was sub par, especially for such a storied place. My appetizer and main course were superb. Too bad the overall food experience was blemished by the sides and dessert. The wine list was ridiculous. All of the reasonably priced ones were no name (and the ones we tried ranged from mediocre to horrible. Now if you don't mind spending 3 or 4 figures for a bottle of wine, then you'll probably be okay. All in all, the price was very high and the experience was average.
- Great special one-of-a-kind occasnLongtimeFairfaxCoResDined on 10/8/2014We went there for the special history of the place and enjoyed the overall ambiance and decor. The service was superb. The food was very good but for the price, not a real value. A little too noisy for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good at what it doesNYCJDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant delivers the quintessential business lunch - attentive service, well-prepared food, a quiet ambiance conducive to conversation - but entirely formulaic, with no heart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great mealfooddocDined on 10/1/2014Went for my birthday and had a great time. The manager and the wait staff were wonderful. The food was superb, with a great steak. The wine list was huge.Special Features:
- A New York ClassicCanadianQTVIPDined on 9/30/2014A historical building right in the financial district originally established in 1867 Delmonico's is a New York classic with outstanding food and world class service. You can't go run with this restaurant and do try the lemon cheesecake for desert -- I traditionally never eat deserts this was amazing.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurant in NY!!!MasaDined on 9/29/2014Delmonicos is best recommend restaurant in the New York city. I went to all of popular and famous steak restaurant in NY city, but this is the best. Treffic servise level, reasonable price, beautiful wall picture, quiet dinner enviroment, quick best timing of serve and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & servicealadinersDined on 9/29/2014We were a party of two enjoying a romantic dinner of steak with the special soup of the day and salads. The selections were all excellent and the service was top notch. I would have given it 5 stars for ambiance, but there was a loud couple next to us...could not to be avoided that bumped it down a star. The overall restaurant was very elegant. We enjoyed the meal tremendously and would go back again.Special Features:
- A little disappointedCuquetVIPDined on 9/26/2014I love a classy restaurant. Nice decor and wonderful service. However, the food was just mediocre from the appetizer through the dessert. Maybe I was expecting too much?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical AmazmentAppleJacks4UT00Dined on 9/26/2014If you don't know the history of Delmonico's just ask, they are happy to share. The history is why I wanted to dine there, but better than the history was the food!!! AMAZING! The service was attentive, but there was so much food that when we wanted it boxed, so we could save room for dessert, we were searching for our waiter- who I am certain just didn't think we were done. The prices were in line (even less expensive) for this type of establishment and the ambiance was worth every penny.... I would suggest checking the menu out online, as it is a little dark in some corners of the restaurant, making it difficult to read. Making the reservation online was easy and held when we were running late even on a Friday night. Best in NY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Place, Excelent FoodAyresDined on 9/26/2014Visiting New York will never be the same without a visit to this charming, warm, gastronomic temple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business favoritepapiDined on 9/24/2014I like this restaurant for lunchtime business meetings. Well spaced tables allow private conversations. The steaks are legendary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placetrufoodieDined on 9/23/2014Surprised my dad for his 86th birthday, he had wanted to eat there since his first visit to NYC in 1947. I requested a table by the window which by the way was perfect, service was impeccable and our steaks melted on our mouths. My dad and I will never forget that lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Grill AreaLocalcustomerDined on 9/23/2014I have been to this Rest.before and never had any complains; unfortunately this time around I was dissapointed. I went w/5 bus colleagues during lunch time. My waiter wasnt friendly or approachable. It felt intimidating to ask ??. Unfortunately it was a feeling share by at least 4 of the 5 individuals sitting at the table. He wasnt unpolite, it almost felt that any questions may annoy him.1 of my colleagues placed the wrong order. Some waiter have the ability to accommodate customers, not this one, he simply showed his order slip to confirm he didnt make the mistake, not good skills. One of the orders was Medium Steak, the steak was almost raw, cheese steak sand not the best but we ate it not to deal with waiter Great Dessert & appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/22/2014it was our 25th anniversary and Delmonico's has always been on my bucket list of places togo. It did not disappoint. The food and service were the best I have ever experienced and they made a special effort to let us enjoy our special day. Well Done!Special Features:
- Dream Come TrueWorldTravelerDined on 9/22/2014Have heard of Delmonico's all my life and had to go when on a trip with my daughter. It was all I had dreamed it would be! Gorgeous décor, fabulous food, impeccable service! So glad we went, cost be damned! Well worth it to me. Will be going back with my husband next time. A NYC must if you want something truly special!Special Features:
- Classic NYwesleyblissDined on 9/19/2014Great old NY vibe. Service was good, but attitude was a bit terse - which was surprising considering we were dressed up, and ordered a good amount of food. The interior has a really nice aesthetic, but it was overly quiet. Some light music in the background would have been nice.Special Features:
- Classy spotKPKdinerDined on 9/18/2014The service in this restaurant is impeccable and unobtrusive. The meal we had was very enjoyable and well presented. Thoroughly recommendedSpecial Features:
- BlehHeynow123VIPDined on 9/18/2014Tired. Service lackluster. The grill side is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The corporate lunch placeLuv4foodVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great place to take clients, in the Financial District. Noted for their great reputation. Great food!Special Features:
- First ClassJhurlVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food; excellent service. everything you would expect from A first class steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic NY SteakhousekpolitteDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, and ambience where terrific. This ambiance has a touch more class than most NY steakhouses.Special Features:
- Great experienceGerryBhoy1888Dined on 9/5/2014Delmonico's is one of New York's iconic eateries and is perfect for a special meal. It did not disappoint. Food and service both excellent and an incredible wine list.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014constant pounding noise came from kitchen - pounding veal near kitchen door steaks not cooked to order hostess was terrible
- HistoricalHappyDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding steak. Service, ambiance, drinks all first class. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Historically SatisfyingMikeFTLDined on 8/30/2014We went mainly for the historical significance of this restaurant and, although we understand there has been significant remodeling and restoration over the years. we found it to be very charming (including the hostess and waiter) and the food was very good. We had to try the original Delmonico's steak, Lobster Newberg, Baked Alaska, Delmonico's potatoes and we were not disappointed (Although we personally did not care for the Lobster Newberg, it was probably fine but just not for us.). The only negative was the bored attitude of the bartender in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.