56 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmonicosny.com/
- Phone: 2125091144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bill Olivia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our accomplished chefs can bring the same terrific cuisine to your office or location of your choice, serving from 5 to 2000. We offer full service off premise catering complete with menu design, decor, entertainment and staffing at your home, gallery, museum or any other tristate location.
- Special Events: Inquire about our great team building events including our legendary Iron Chef Competition, Vintage Dinners, Hands on Cooking Classes, "Art" Tastings and a variety of special events for groups.
A word from Delmonico's
Delmonico's began as the first restaurant in the United States and has had a profound impact on American dining tradition. Our setting is where nearly two centuries of notable poets, affluent socialites, celebrities and presidents have celebrated in the splendor that is Delmonico's. Delmonico's welcomes Executive Chef Bill Oliva our kitchen. While preserving the classic dishes such as Lobster Newburg, Delmonico's Steak and Baked Alaska, Bill brings a level of culinary sophistication to Delmonico's with his addition of creative seafood offerings and other inventive dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delmonico's reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (202)romantic (138)fit for foodies (104)notable wine list (83)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (79)great for lunch (64)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Delmonico'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Delmonico's Steak House. This is a restaurant I have wanted to visit for several years and was not disappointed. Our waiter was very helpful and made us feel welcome. The decor was beautiful, the seats comfortable and the food incredible. Would recommend this to anyone that wants to splurge on a great meal and a great restaurantSpecial Features:
- Better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I tried to book a table at another top NY steakhouse and was told that there were not any tables available and I am so glad! Everything at Delmonico's was outstanding so it is hard to rate one category higher than the other but I must point out the service. We were a party of eight plus a 2 year old and I can't stress how impressed I was with the service. The waiter went out of his way to take care of the entire table but especially the little one which made it easier on the mom. Every dish was outstanding - from the appetizers to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Old FriendsChrisDDined on 10/17/2014We done out regularly, and Delmonicos was a real highlight. Great steak and accompaniments, very good wine and excellent service. Made the nlght a real success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcRacostaDined on 10/14/2014Exc food. Nice place. Oysters were amaizing!!! And the prime rib espectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a New York InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014The service was wonderful, the steak outstanding, and the atmosphere - so old New York, which isn't so easy to find these days. Will definitely be back for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the mixed bagrxcusDined on 10/11/2014Walked in and was immediately impressed with the decor. Impressions were quickly changed when we had to wait 20 minutes for a table (despite the reservation). Service was sub par, especially for such a storied place. My appetizer and main course were superb. Too bad the overall food experience was blemished by the sides and dessert. The wine list was ridiculous. All of the reasonably priced ones were no name (and the ones we tried ranged from mediocre to horrible. Now if you don't mind spending 3 or 4 figures for a bottle of wine, then you'll probably be okay. All in all, the price was very high and the experience was average.
- Great special one-of-a-kind occasnLongtimeFairfaxCoResDined on 10/8/2014We went there for the special history of the place and enjoyed the overall ambiance and decor. The service was superb. The food was very good but for the price, not a real value. A little too noisy for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good at what it doesNYCJDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant delivers the quintessential business lunch - attentive service, well-prepared food, a quiet ambiance conducive to conversation - but entirely formulaic, with no heart.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great mealfooddocDined on 10/1/2014Went for my birthday and had a great time. The manager and the wait staff were wonderful. The food was superb, with a great steak. The wine list was huge.Special Features:
- A New York ClassicCanadianQTVIPDined on 9/30/2014A historical building right in the financial district originally established in 1867 Delmonico's is a New York classic with outstanding food and world class service. You can't go run with this restaurant and do try the lemon cheesecake for desert -- I traditionally never eat deserts this was amazing.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurant in NY!!!MasaDined on 9/29/2014Delmonicos is best recommend restaurant in the New York city. I went to all of popular and famous steak restaurant in NY city, but this is the best. Treffic servise level, reasonable price, beautiful wall picture, quiet dinner enviroment, quick best timing of serve and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & servicealadinersDined on 9/29/2014We were a party of two enjoying a romantic dinner of steak with the special soup of the day and salads. The selections were all excellent and the service was top notch. I would have given it 5 stars for ambiance, but there was a loud couple next to us...could not to be avoided that bumped it down a star. The overall restaurant was very elegant. We enjoyed the meal tremendously and would go back again.Special Features:
- A little disappointedCuquetVIPDined on 9/26/2014I love a classy restaurant. Nice decor and wonderful service. However, the food was just mediocre from the appetizer through the dessert. Maybe I was expecting too much?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical AmazmentAppleJacks4UT00Dined on 9/26/2014If you don't know the history of Delmonico's just ask, they are happy to share. The history is why I wanted to dine there, but better than the history was the food!!! AMAZING! The service was attentive, but there was so much food that when we wanted it boxed, so we could save room for dessert, we were searching for our waiter- who I am certain just didn't think we were done. The prices were in line (even less expensive) for this type of establishment and the ambiance was worth every penny.... I would suggest checking the menu out online, as it is a little dark in some corners of the restaurant, making it difficult to read. Making the reservation online was easy and held when we were running late even on a Friday night. Best in NY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Place, Excelent FoodAyresDined on 9/26/2014Visiting New York will never be the same without a visit to this charming, warm, gastronomic temple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business favoritepapiDined on 9/24/2014I like this restaurant for lunchtime business meetings. Well spaced tables allow private conversations. The steaks are legendary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placetrufoodieDined on 9/23/2014Surprised my dad for his 86th birthday, he had wanted to eat there since his first visit to NYC in 1947. I requested a table by the window which by the way was perfect, service was impeccable and our steaks melted on our mouths. My dad and I will never forget that lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Grill AreaLocalcustomerDined on 9/23/2014I have been to this Rest.before and never had any complains; unfortunately this time around I was dissapointed. I went w/5 bus colleagues during lunch time. My waiter wasnt friendly or approachable. It felt intimidating to ask ??. Unfortunately it was a feeling share by at least 4 of the 5 individuals sitting at the table. He wasnt unpolite, it almost felt that any questions may annoy him.1 of my colleagues placed the wrong order. Some waiter have the ability to accommodate customers, not this one, he simply showed his order slip to confirm he didnt make the mistake, not good skills. One of the orders was Medium Steak, the steak was almost raw, cheese steak sand not the best but we ate it not to deal with waiter Great Dessert & appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 9/22/2014it was our 25th anniversary and Delmonico's has always been on my bucket list of places togo. It did not disappoint. The food and service were the best I have ever experienced and they made a special effort to let us enjoy our special day. Well Done!Special Features:
- Dream Come TrueWorldTravelerDined on 9/22/2014Have heard of Delmonico's all my life and had to go when on a trip with my daughter. It was all I had dreamed it would be! Gorgeous décor, fabulous food, impeccable service! So glad we went, cost be damned! Well worth it to me. Will be going back with my husband next time. A NYC must if you want something truly special!Special Features:
- Classic NYwesleyblissDined on 9/19/2014Great old NY vibe. Service was good, but attitude was a bit terse - which was surprising considering we were dressed up, and ordered a good amount of food. The interior has a really nice aesthetic, but it was overly quiet. Some light music in the background would have been nice.Special Features:
- Classy spotKPKdinerDined on 9/18/2014The service in this restaurant is impeccable and unobtrusive. The meal we had was very enjoyable and well presented. Thoroughly recommendedSpecial Features:
- BlehHeynow123VIPDined on 9/18/2014Tired. Service lackluster. The grill side is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The corporate lunch placeLuv4foodVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great place to take clients, in the Financial District. Noted for their great reputation. Great food!Special Features:
- First ClassJhurlVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food; excellent service. everything you would expect from A first class steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic NY SteakhousekpolitteDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, and ambience where terrific. This ambiance has a touch more class than most NY steakhouses.Special Features:
- Great experienceGerryBhoy1888Dined on 9/5/2014Delmonico's is one of New York's iconic eateries and is perfect for a special meal. It did not disappoint. Food and service both excellent and an incredible wine list.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014constant pounding noise came from kitchen - pounding veal near kitchen door steaks not cooked to order hostess was terrible
- HistoricalHappyDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding steak. Service, ambiance, drinks all first class. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Historically SatisfyingMikeFTLDined on 8/30/2014We went mainly for the historical significance of this restaurant and, although we understand there has been significant remodeling and restoration over the years. we found it to be very charming (including the hostess and waiter) and the food was very good. We had to try the original Delmonico's steak, Lobster Newberg, Baked Alaska, Delmonico's potatoes and we were not disappointed (Although we personally did not care for the Lobster Newberg, it was probably fine but just not for us.). The only negative was the bored attitude of the bartender in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakMikeDined on 8/30/2014Whenever I find myself in downtown Manhattan, I find a way to work in dinner at Delmonico's. Great selection of special and affordable delicious wines. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- best steak in americachuckVIPDined on 8/30/2014classic place for a ny strip. the ny strip was probably invented here 100+ years ago. the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Steak NightSaraDined on 8/29/2014I had a craving for steak on a Friday and was able to get a 7pm reservation on the same day. The service was prompt and food is delicious, as always. The steak was cooked just the way I like it and had lots of flavor! Definitely will return again with friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMackinnonkaDined on 8/18/2014Great menu variety, well executed meals and an intriguing surrounding, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sucker4steakDined on 8/16/2014Although a bit confused about online menu and actual menu I was very hesitant because very different and waiter had no idea what I was ordering so finally ordered the NY STRIP steak /sweet corn and Chile peppers and it was fantastic 4 star meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLateComerDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife there on her birthday. The location is convenient. We were seated promptly without delay. We loved the historic setting. The service was good and the food came quickly. She enjoyed the food, especially the chocolate cake for desert. We had a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!RHS143Dined on 8/15/2014First time dining at Delmonico's on the last day of Restaurant Week (8/15). First impression of the place, historical and grand! Love the look of the place. Opted to go a la carte. Had the Blue Crab cake (scrumptious), Delmonico's steak - Oscar style (mmmm so good melt in your mouth!), side dish of their succulent King Crab Mac and Cheese and for dessert, Chocolate Mouse with Peach remoulade and peanut butter ice cream (decadent). Drinks: Amsterdam Martini and Cab Sav. oh their bread and butter...so good! Overall, great service, attentive staff. enjoyed the food. Would come back here again!Special Features:
- Delmonico'sSimarkDined on 8/15/2014We went during resturant week and ordered off the special menu. We had salad,filet mignon and the baked Alaska the food was excellent and so was the service. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Transports you to a different timeOrionDined on 8/14/2014Somehow, the combination of decor, dining, drinks, service, and location all contribute to a distinct feeling that one has stepped out of the hubbub and chaos of NYC life and into a simpler, more refined time. Everything we had was well-executed and delicious, especially the steaks and Chicken a la Keene. Lived up to all expectations.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014I loved filet mignon they had for dinner. Service was not as good as I expected...server was kind of in hurry, getting all the dishes in haste. Ambience is very good though, very Victorian-style and romantic.Special Features: