Delmonico's of Southampton
268 Elm Street
Southampton, NY 11968Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Delmonico's of Southampton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delmonicosrestaurantgroup.com/southampton/
- Phone: (631) 283-0202
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 5:00-10:00PM
Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Oliva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Catering: Delmonico's of Southampton relaxed Hamptons glamour is ideal for private parties. Our shaded outdoor patios and casually elegant dining room make it the perfect location for indoor and outdoor private events. Weddings, rehearsal dinners, brunches and life celebrations are perfectly coordinated by our special events manager.
- Special Events: Join us every day from 5:00-7:00PM for $1 Oysters and $5 Rose at our new Pearl Oyster Bar on our Patio.
Available from Memorial Day through Labor Day
A word from Delmonico's of Southampton
Delmonico’s of Southampton Est. 1837 is a stylish seaside spin on the flagship Delmonico’s Restaurant in downtown Manhattan – the first fine-dining restaurant in the United States. With an emphasis on fresh, locally sourced ingredients, Delmonico’s of Southampton serves an array of daily-caught seafood and farm-to-table specialties alongside Delmonico’s signatures like the Delmonico Steak, Lobster Newburg and Baked Alaska. Delmonico’s of Southampton marries Hamptons elegance with Delmonico’s classic sophistication for a chic coastal getaway like none other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delmonico's of Southampton reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014After receiving a reservation confirmation, my party of 9 went to the restaurant at the appointed time only to discover that it was CLOSED.
- Fantastic little hamptons gemLucasDined on 8/31/2014The service, food, and overall experience were on point. The outdoor patio area out back was simply serene. Don't miss out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner for 4 started out horribly wrong. There were a lot of empty tables for a Saturday night, lots of people waiting to get one of the vacant tables and though not so bad as we weren't in a rush, we couldn't get a drink from the bartender who looked and acted like she was too busy pouring for herself. We thought of leaving but stuck through it. Ultimately we sat out side and the meal was amazing and the service went from awful to phenominal. It was a tale of 2 places. Glad we spent more time on the good side of thingsSpecial Features:
- Great food, terrible managementfancyfeastDined on 8/30/2014We arrived right on time for our reservation. The hostess checked us in & informed us someone would be with us right away to seat us. The manager was rearranging seats at the bar & socializing. After about 5-7 minutes the manager finally came over to seat us, yes he had acknowledged we were there waiting for our table, & still went about his business. There were many tables open as well. He was VERY unfriendly. The waiter on the other hand was so helpful & pleasant. I wish all the proceeds from our check went to him, the chef, bus, runners & bar tender- none to the manager. I'd like to say I'd return because my dishes were excellent (I did not order steak though), however I can't say I'd be likely to return due to the managers attitude.Special Features:
- My favorite for outdoor dining!TinaVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I love Delmonicos. The setting is in a beautifully manicured outdoor space. The food is delicious, lovely in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, but service awfulViviVIPDined on 8/9/2014Unfriendly maitre'd. Waiter forgot our drinks and kept disappearing. After 10 minutes we had to find someone else to get them. Then waiter took drink away before it was finished. Steaks were good, but not cheap. Dessert took another 15 minutes to get to our table with no site of waiter. Overall, very unpleasant meal. Considering the price, very disappointing. We will not go back again.
- Not a good Hampton restaurantChelseabrooke13VIPDined on 8/9/2014Long story short: the food is average but the service is miserable. My parents went here and had a 3 hour dinner, waiting forever for their food. But I tried Delmonico's myself anyway. The food came out in decent time but the waiters act as if they don't give a sh*t about you. Extremely unprofessional and such a shame. I doubt that Delmonico's will be open next season... I hope a better restaurant takes it's place. Will never go back.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT SOUTHAMPTON GEMFoodStylistDined on 8/9/2014delicious food, extremely attentive wait staff, lovely outdoor spaceSpecial Features:
- Saturday at delmonicoschago717Dined on 8/9/2014Worst experience ever could not get out of there fast enough My frriends from out of town have never been so uncomfortable and we're totally alienated by your staff We are sure that your establishment is totally bigoted, and would never recommended it to anybody that's not white!!!! #for whites onlySpecial Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Delmonico's of Southampton reviews archive.
- Very goodLovediningout2014Dined on 7/25/2014We absolutely enjoyed our meal. Biggest burger I have ever seen. The chicken was delicious. A must have are the delmonico potatoes. Service was excellent. The setting is very beautiful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not smart!SummerresidentDined on 7/21/2014Requested an outdoor table at 7pm. Table approved but had to be earlier or later. Took 6:45 in stead. Arrived at that time and NO One else in restaurant AND table inside (never advised that they had sprayed outside). Table that was set up was the only one with sun in eyes. Requested move and reluctantly agreed. Very good dinner but as we left at around 8:15, only one other table occupied. Ridiculous to have not had 7pm reservation and to have not told us about outside problem as we would have relocated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisastermoresunDined on 7/12/2014About an hour after we ordered dinner our server announced that the kitchen had lost our entire order. Though the staff tried to piece things together, it was a lost cause. In addition, we were celebrating my daughter's birthday and this added to our dissapointment. I appreciated their comping some wine and bringing a dessert, but it was too little too late. Overall, the staff was indifferent about their mistakes and we were frankly ripped off.
- Not Bad at allWaveslaveDined on 7/11/2014The food was ok. The Ambiance perfect and the service ok. Our waiter was attentive prior to ordering. After desert he sort snoozed on us when we were ready to pay. Over all a worth while visit. Defiantly go there for the steak. The Flounder totally lacked in flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Although I made a reservation through "Open Table" and received a confirmation for Monday, June 30th - - - Delmonico's is however closed on Monday's which left me & my guests with no reservation for dinner in the Hamptons during the summer and the week of July 4th - - - not a good experience at all - - - extremely frustrating !!!
- Father's Day DinnerKathDined on 6/21/2014Fantastic Father's day celebration with the family. Go early (6:15 pm) for absolutely outstanding service. Restaurant got crowded later but the wait staff was very attentive to us all evening. Food is unbelievable. Very very good. Going back this weekend for the oyster bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willVIPDined on 6/21/2014Wait staff is fantastic, food is great no alterations from menu though chef will not add items or take away but is a great chef our party of 6 enjoyed all there meals . So go and enjoy ask for the lobster rissoto its to die for.Special Features:
- Friday eveningmmmgoodDined on 6/13/2014I went Friday evening in June... restaurant will be packed by July. Had a great meal, with great service. The steak is outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DivaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2014Lower your expectations for dining in this restaurant. The food quality is in an inverse proportion to the price. We ordered ribeye steak and a 3 lb lobster (2 lb not available) with sides. Both entrees were disappointing in flavor. The steak was chewy and possibly had been frozen. The grilled lobster arrived dismembered leading me to believe more than one lobster was mixed and matched on the plate. The lobster was slathered with a mush of wet crab stuffing overly blended in food processor. New fingerling potatoes were reheated in too much butter then topped with heavy gratinee. The creamed spinach was a thick green smoothie lacking texture yet nicely seasoned. Thankfully, the service was good but big tab was sadly unearned.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining.ConsistentVIPDined on 6/7/2014The outdoor space is very nice. Great service and delicious good. Go for the filet, local corn with mushrooms and basil, finishing with the baked Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointingMJTLVIPDined on 5/3/2014Had dinner with three friends on Saturday night. The room is beautiful and the service was great. That is the good part. The food was adequate. The prices are ridiculous. I don't mind paying a lot for great food, but, when I order a side for $14 I don't want five anemic looking asparagus. The roasted corn side was good. The hash browns were OK. The steaks looked very fatty. The acoustics we awful. I could hardly hear anyone speak. If you want to go out with people and not talk to them you would be please. This place needs a lot of work.
- Continued ExcellenceAndrewDined on 5/3/2014Delmonico's is such a storied brand and spectacular place for steaks. The main location is my favorite steak house and now having been to both offshoots (Midtown & Southampton) the brand is well preserved. The Southampton location has the same great food and service that Delmonico's is known for. It has a formal yet beachy vibe for a steak house which is cleverly pulled off. If you are in the Hamptons and wanting a steak, come to this mainstay. This location is certainly not an equal of Delmonico's Proper but a fine substitute when out east.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for a prime steakExManhattaniteDined on 12/26/2013Go here for a prime steak with a caramelized crust and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- It was our first time hereroroDined on 12/18/2013It was our first time here and we both ordered the Delmonico steak --- superb! They were cooked to perfection. Matter of fact, everything we ate was fresh and delicious. We don't get out to steakhouses all too often but for our anniversary we decided to splurge and we were very happy with our decision to try Delmonico's. Service was terrific, as well. It was well worth the drive and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Spectacularphilk116Dined on 12/14/2013I've lived in the Hamptons for 25 years now, full time, and have tried just about every restaurant out here--at least the ones that last more than a season. Delmonico's is a true find. Best steak I have ever had out here and one to rival the preparations done by the famous steak house in Manhattan. Sorry to see they are closing down for part of the winter, but we'll definitely go back for another trip as soon as they open in the spring. One of the"must do" restaurants out here now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VoucherMidgetDined on 12/10/2013My friend bought a voucher from gropon and paid 100 dollars when I got there they did not offer me the regular menu but one prepared specially for voucher holders which did not have the prices needless to say I had to spend another hundred dollars when I went for a meal that could not have cost more than 100 if I had payed with my own money instead I paid and my friend payed I got robed but I told my friend never to go there.
- This will unfortunately fail too.DisappointedVIPDined on 11/30/2013The food was good highlighted by the a la cart $45+ steaks. The menu is similar to the Wall Street restaurant and just as expensive. The service is too casual and amateurish for what you'll pay, made worse by a policy of a 20% tip for parties of 6 or more. Extremely loud. The wine list is outrageously overpriced...as big a mark up as I have seen in a NY area restaurant. What are they thinking? It's December. Skip it.
- Great fixed price Thanksgiving menuNikkiDined on 11/28/2013The menu had multiple courses each of which was delightfully prepared. The crab cake starter was something to die for. Quantities are on the large side, particularly for us Europeans but the friendly staff prepared some nice "to go" packages with the leftovers that we were able to enjoy the next day. Would definitely go again if I have the pleasure to visit Southampton again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Time Hadeat2livelive2eatDined on 11/21/2013Wonderful Wait staff, Alex and Brandon were wonderful. Chef did a most excellent job with the Delmonico's Steak we ordered. Absolutely one of the best tasting steaks I've ever had. Incredible flavor and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was warm and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2013The place was warm and cozy for a cool November evening. The food very tasty. The waiter not so friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner in southamptonsouthamptonVIPDined on 11/16/2013we went to Delmonico's for the second Sat in a row, as our first experience was so good. everyone enjoyed their food, and wait staff was very nice. looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southampton Gem of a restaurantAnnieDined on 11/1/2013We had a wonderful time. Peter was so inviting and the meal was wonderful. We will be going back often to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBambiDined on 10/30/2013Very delicious, expensive, but superior food to all the other violently expensive restaraunts in the Hamptons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedUncleChasDined on 10/26/2013It kept the Manhattan prices, but the service was severly lacking and the food seems liked a decent knock off of the original reciepes. Go to the original.
- Loved our dinner and great service.GrayFalVIPDined on 10/19/2013Went on a crowded Saturday night - no empty tables by 8pm. Service was excellent, not rushed even with a full house. Nice mix of people. Starters were great, crab cakes and the best caesar salad with white anchovies. We tried the petite filet mignon, NY strip and the Lobster Newburg....excellent. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever--but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013Three of us at our table each ordered the signature Delmonico's steak (boneless ribeye) and all agree it was the best steak we have ever had (and we are people of a certain age). Service was excellent. We had a 7:00 pm reservation, and by 8:00 pm the restaurant was packed, and service still excelled. Martini's, very strong, and that's a good thing. Only issue for some is that the steak was $49 and everything is a la carte. But if you are of the mentality that you get what you pay for, this was certainly worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleEannunzVIPDined on 9/11/2013Steak was heavily salted. Tuna special had shellfish in the preparation, which was not disclosed. One of our party has a shellfish food allergy. Music was loud and horrible. There are much better steak restaurants in the Hamptons (eg., The Palm and Bobby Van's).
- Debut of Delmonico's: SouthamptonStrategist4FoodVIPDined on 8/31/2013I enjoyed both dinners during a Thursday evening in July (filet mignon),and on Saturday of Labor Day weekend with friends. During my Labor Day weekend, my 3 lb lobster was prepared to perfection. Anthony Bourdain of CNN and I enjoyed the last two bottles of Domaine Ott Rose on August 31st, hard to believe for a Saturday during a busy holiday weekend. The menu focuses on meat, but don't be fooled because there are excellent seafood choices as well. My only wish was that they offer a wider selection of oysters. I will be back to enjoy a nice dinner there very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was high quality. ServiceTom1Dined on 8/28/2013Food was high quality. Service did not measure up.Special Features:
- Disappointing.GoodDined on 8/15/2013Dinner with family. The food was good but service and temperature of food not as anticipated. Service seemed good until entree's were served and then the two sides were delivered when entree's were 3/4 finished. Unsatisfactory for a restaurant trying to establish itself when only three other tables with patrons were in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Third visitSummerresidentDined on 8/12/2013Consistent and good. Best to eat outdoors if weather permitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.