609 Main Street
Rapid City, SD 57701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmonicogrill.biz/
- Phone: (605) 791-1664
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Klinkel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our mezzanine area is available for use for a more private dining experience. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Drew or Paul 6057911664x
- Cross Street: Between 6th and 7th
- Public Transit: Trolley cars run for special events and all summer tourist season. Taxi service also available.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available as well as a number of public lots and parking garage in the downtown area. Shuttle services are also offered by many of the hotels.
A word from Delmonico Grill
Established in 2007, Delmonico Grill brings a jazzy metropolitan feel to our small city. Escape from your busy day with good food, a fun atmosphere and great service!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Delmonico Grill - Best Restaurants in Rapid City ›
Delmonico Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (15)good for groups (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014This is a nice date night restuarant. Te service was wonderful. The asparagus soup was amazing, but the lamb was too over powered by the onions so it tasted more like roast than lamb. I would not recommend that. Other than that it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Rapidn CityKC4845Dined on 11/20/2014We were visiting RC and have been to this Delmonicon Grill 2 times. Enjoyed the food; steaks are always cooked to your order. Service is good with good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantMontanaDined on 10/31/2014The waitress did a very nice job and was accommodating to my wife who has food allergies. My steak needed to be sent back as it was very rare and I requested medium but it was still very good. Overall we had a nice dinner and a good evening. We would return again when in Rapid City.Special Features:
- NICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Very nice evening, the appetizers were awesome! bruschetta and scallops. My husband had Red Snapper which was the special, I think it was a little extreme at $42, was served on a rectangular piece of plastic and the quinoa got all over, the parsnips which were billed as blackened were anything but and were hard as a rock. The fish itself was very good. I had potato mushroom soup, it was a thick tasteless porridge with nary a mushroom. The prime rib was served rare just as I asked, the au ju tasted canned. The mashed sweet potato had a strange flavor to it . All in all it was a good dinner. Nice atmosphere but too expensive for me to go back, maybe lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors always interestingPeteDined on 10/27/2014The meat at Delmonico's is always exceptional. The pork chop was worth the wait, enough for two people! Soups very flavorful, my standard is the steak salad; the right amount of meat with excellent house vinaigrette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than "Big City" VenuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I travel quite a bit, and I must say this was absolutely one of the best meals I have had in years. My companion's meal was also spectacular. The food and wine pairing was great, and my only regret is that I was not able to finish my generous portion. This was our "fall back" after our initial reservations at a "sky view" restaurant were bumped. Glad it happened!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent. Service very good. Pricey,but worth it. Probably the best meal we have had in Rapid City.Special Features:
- Consistently the best in Rapid CityRutmanVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you are visiting Rapid City and accustomed to great restaurants, you will find a home here. Consistently great soups and entrees. The local favorite, the steak, isn't done better anywhere. Be sure to get a rub on your favorite cut, we recommend the Kona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Food was.little slow at coming out but we think it was just part of the fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining.SueyDined on 10/6/2014We went there for our anniversary and I was most pleased. I selected this restaurant as it provides excellent ambience and fine dining and it is my favorite restaurant in Rapid City. I usually order the scallops which are most excellent but this time had their special, the yellow snapper which I absolutely loved! The seasoning was perfect! I gave four stars as I was a bit disappointed with the bruchetta which had changed since I last had it there (perhaps under the old management) (was still good though just not as) but everything else…perfection! For a special occasion, this is a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big eaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014an overall great place to have dinner. It was quite and you could visit with others at the table without having to talk loud so others could hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding beef..great mealBigTDined on 9/30/2014If you're a carnivore,you can't do much better than Delmonico Grill. Flavorful..proper degree of doneness..I resisted any topical additions to my steak (Blue cheese crust,kona rub etc.) fearful of mitigating that wonderful beef flavor so present in my rib-eye steak. I had the plain one, another at our table had the GreenDolphin Street rib-eye. He loved it but commented,"too many mushrooms". I prefer my beef unadulterated and was NOT disappointed. Excellent ice cream offerings for dessert. These change everyday,almost,and are the perfect size to top off a stellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Very good steak, everything was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Our sides and salads were delicious and well proportioned; definitely add the bacon to the wedge salad! The local art work on the walls is a nice touch and provides a gallery feel to the dining experience. We've been to Delmonico Grill a few times now and have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Very good meal. Service was very good and attentive. Meat was all cooked very well and too order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Delmonico'sER32082VIPDined on 9/8/2014We were in the Rapid City area for sightseeing. It was also the occasion of our anniversary. On the basis of reviews mainly on Open Table, we selected Delmonico's for our anniversary dinner. Service was good, but the food was only fair. In my wife's shrimp dish, the shrimp smelled a little off and the temperature of shrimp did not match that of the sauce. Her potato side dish seemed to have been unevenly heated in a microwave. My filet of beef was good. The best part of my meal was the special mozzarella and tomato salad. Also, "smart casual" for dress code is probably an overstatement.
- delmonicoluv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014visiting. loved it. great menu. reasonable prices with large portions. very good quality food. friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DisappointingTucsonVisitorDined on 9/4/2014Being out-of-towners, we decided to dine at Delmonico on the strength of its reviews and appeal of its space. I had a filet; my wife had seafood. Service was O.K., but not great. No big deal. But getting one's filet overcooked is a big deal, especially at a restaurant that specializes in beef (med-well when ordered med-rare). Smashed pot side was excellent. Salads were generally fine, although they committed the cardinal sin with my wife's (drowning it in dressing). Housemade ice cream was average at best. In sum, the dining experience was a bit of a disappointment and certainly not worth the price. But it's not far off track. Some minor adjustments could raise this establishment to top shelf.Special Features:
- FinallystatetravelerDined on 9/1/2014My group had been traveling thru the National Parks of North and South Dakota and were tired of tourist spots and local saloons. This was a perfect finish to our last nite in South Dakota. The food and wine was excellent as was the service. We were quite impressed and we are very critical.Special Features:
- Delmonico GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014One of the best dinners I have ever had, and I an 68 years old! Food was perfect, service was outstanding and peach desert was to die for! I may never be back to Rapid City, SD but I will always have a great memory of Delmonico Grill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday To RememberTraveling2Dined on 8/29/2014We were traveling through Rapid City,South Dakota with our friends. We wanted to have a special celebration for a very special lady. The food was outstanding. The best steaks anyway bar none. The hostess was very cordial and our table was ready as soon as we walked in. She knew it was a birthday celebration and asked me who was the lucky birthday person (discreetly). Our waitress introduced herself and took excellent care of our table. Every course was served correctly and she was most attentive to our table. It was a fantastic evening. We will keep this fine restaurant in our travel log and will make a return visit to Rapid City.Special Features:
- Great foodJohnWWDined on 8/29/2014Family of 4, out on a weekend getaway. We would return for another evening. My steak and asparagus were right on. Wife enjoyed her double pork chop. Large portions--could have split meals between two and had room for dessert. Wish they had local beers on tap.Special Features:
- It's GreatItsGreatDined on 8/22/2014This is one very quality establishment. Should you desire very good food coupled with very good service and if price is not a consideration, the is the place in the entire state of South Dakota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th Wedding AnniversaryTraveler2VIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and were traveling and chose Delmonico's for dinner. We were treated royally! I requested a quiet table and the hostess selected the perfect one. Our waiter surprised us with a complimentary bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and gave us unhurried, yet well-paced service. At the end of our delicious dinner, we were again surprised with a great dessert! We were overwhelmed with the kind thoughtfulness of this nice restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had made a reservation for 6:30. We ordered our food by 6:45 but did not receive it until 7:55! Our waitress had "friends" show up and were seated next to us. These people had been golfing all day and had plenty to drink already (we know that because they were not quiet). This is not the place that obnoxious drunk people should be dining AND getting better service. We don't often treat ourselves to a nice meal and considering the menu is very pricey (food is worth it), you expect to have a good experience. Instead we were late to a comedy show we planned on going to at 8:30 but apparently didn't leave enough time for the drunk table.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experiencelamb4dinnerDined on 8/13/2014One of the gems in downtown Rapid City for a high end restaurant. I have dined here a number of times and have always found the food to be excellent as a well as the service. Would highly recommend it for those who want a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great choice in Rapid CityWhitecatDined on 8/11/2014On our quick trip to Mt Rushmore and The Black Hills we found this wonderful restaurant. Our steaks were perfectly done and the service was attentive but not overbearing. What a great find! PS, we have eaten all over the world....Special Features:
- ExcellentCity22Dined on 8/11/2014Live locally although first time diner for evening. Had early reservation at 6:30, took a booth for seating. By 7 pm, several tables filled, although noise level was low. Excellent waiter (Wes) and prompt service. Food quality was very good and sides are large. Excellent choice for downtown evening dining in Rapid City. Wine and beer only, although very good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Dining ExperienceRutmanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Delmonico's continues to deliver a great dining experience. We are currently stuck on their beef filet with a Kona coffee rub. I don't know how one could find a better steak anywhere in the US, seriously. At the moment, they are featuring farm fresh tomatoes and other vegetables that make the starters and sides as delicious and the entree. Add great service, thanks to Dawn, and you have a dining experience worth every penny!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Wonderful find in Rapid City. Excellent ambience, service, and food. Ribeye was delicious.Special Features:
- If you love dessertLoveFreshDined on 8/7/2014Then you must try the Butterscotch Pots de Crême - they are superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I loved this restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely and made dining there a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Delmonico Grill reviews archive.
- Wow!ManhattanVIPDined on 7/26/2014We live in Manhattan and spent a couple of days in Rapid City during a visit of Mount Rushmore / tour of the Badlands. We are big foodies and were a little apprehensive as to what restaurant options we would find in South Dakota but after meals at Delmonico Grill and its sister restaurant Tally's Silver Spoon soon realized that we were actually in for a treat on the foodie side of this trip as well... Every dish we had was thoughtfully composed, with creative twists that were executed to perfection. Service was amazing, staff is thoroughly trained on where the produce comes from, what it tastes like, wines... everything! In short, we were blown away and will most definitely dine at these restaurants again when we return to Rapid City...Special Features:
- EddieDined on 7/25/2014Considering the price point of this restaurant, the food wasn't good. We both had steaks and they were poor. Surprising to say the least.
- High quality food, service!Local67Dined on 7/25/2014Food quality is excellent, service was great! Vegetarians have little to choose from for Dinner selection. Everything was still tasty.Special Features:
- Carnivore's DelightVacationingDined on 7/21/2014Everything about my/our dining experience at Delmonico Grill was first rate, from making an online reservation through appetizers, dinner, dessert and settling the bill. On arrival, we were promptly seated, and the wait staff proceeded to efficiently handle multiple drink, appetizer, menu inquiries and our orders. We started with appetizers (bruschetta, calamari, scallops), which were all good - the scallops in particular were outstanding. For the entrees, we all generally stuck with beef, and we were pleased with our choices. In each case, it was prepared as ordered and was delicious - and BIG. Service was efficient and created an overall great dining experience. It's not cheap, but, as is often the case, you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great Find!ZeppoDined on 7/21/2014Great find for first time diners visiting Rapid City. The quality was outstanding, portions were very large, and service was excellent. The salads were delicious. I had the Green Dolphin Ribeye which was beautifully marbled and flavorful. Nice mix of flavors with the pablano chiles and ample criminis. The other three in our party had the Tenderloin Tips, a Gorgonzola version not on the menu that was a special that night. Note to others that these are served with a perfectly al Dente Spinach Fettuccine. Got great reviews from our party. Nice wine list and the coffee was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodoldguyDined on 7/19/2014The steak and french onion soup were great. The service was teriffic tooSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food was excellent and the service was amazing! Very nice anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceHokesDined on 7/10/2014After reading reviews on Delmonico we decided to give it a try. No disappointment. Excellent in all aspects of a dining experience. Private and intimate but also group friendly. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice option in Rapid CitytimschroederDined on 7/8/2014Great portions, nice wine list. Better if had a full bar. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.