405 Poyntz Avenue
Manhattan, KS 66502Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dellavoce.com/
- Phone: 7855329000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Noah Reagan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From weddings and rehearsal dinners, to baby showers and corporate meetings we can cater small and large parties. We customize the menu that best suits your event and budget needs, and staff your event with trained cooks and servers that will make your event a success
della Voce is an approved caterer at the K-State Alumni Center and the Wareham Theater, as well as other locations in Manhattan. We've brought our expertise to many homes in Manhattan for easy entertaining and we are able to rent our restaurant for your event on some dates.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private areas with special menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Noah Reagan 7855329000
- Entertainment: Live Jazz with the Wayne Goins Trio every Sunday evening from 6pm-8pm.
- Special Events: Come celebrate Valentine's Day with your special someone at dV! Enjoy a romantic 4 course dinner for $50/person. We will be featuring lobster crepes, Higinbotham Filet, and our duo of chocolate mousse among other exciting choices!
See our Valentine's menu at
*Note: Our regular menu will not be available on Valentines Day.
A word from della Voce
With a big-city atmosphere and Mediterranean flavors, della Voce is a unique restaurant in downtown Manhattan, KS. We are open daily for dinner, and we also open for lunch from Monday to Friday, as well as Brunch on Sunday mornings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
della Voce - Best Restaurants in Manhattan ›
della Voce reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The food and service was great but the restaurant was empty and we were the only couple that are making it an odd eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingndr3Dined on 10/3/2014Everything about this place is great. The food, the service, the ambiance. It's oustanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timefirsttimeDined on 9/27/2014For Manhattan this place is great if you like real Italian its your place. Price is a little high but food makes up for it. 200% better than olive gardenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The food was good but not exceptional for the price. If I'm paying those prices for pasta I want to be wowed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyTexastwizzlerDined on 9/26/2014I think cozy would describe this restaurant, as it's not real big, but has everything a nice restaurant would need. There are individual tables that can accommodate different group sizes, yet they aren't so close to another table that you feel like you're part of their group. The decor has a modern feel to it, with tied back chain curtains. They have a good wine selection and the food was fabulous! As was our server!Special Features:
- della Voce - a delightful meal!LuvtobakeDined on 9/17/2014Delicious meal with great twists on classic dishes! Had Duck - a la blackberry reduction sauce. White chocolate cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerkStateMomDined on 9/13/2014We recently had a family dinner to celebrate our sons 21st birthday. The food was wonderful and the service excellent. It was a very enjoyable evening. We had one person in our group who was on a gluten free diet, our waiter made every effort to point out how dishes could be prepared so there were plenty of choices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!EaglefanalDined on 8/29/2014Food is very good, if not outstanding...still, no complaint whatsoever. The staff and owner are terrific--competent, friendly, helpful. A very enjoyable experience, and my wife and I will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!!HardtopleaseDined on 8/29/2014Service was terrific. Our waiter was always there when we needed him, but wasn't obtrusive. He kept the water full and anticipated when our wine needed to be refilled. 😃 The appetizer and salad was good, but the entree's were delicious! My husband really enjoyed the special version of a Manhattan. The shrimp risotto was amazing. My husband ordered a fish special. I don't like fish, (only shellfish)but the bite I had was great. The dessert offerings did not include any of my favorite dark chocolate. So, we shared a piece of cheesecake. But, our waiter came back and said that he found some dark chocolate icecream in the freezer and brought us a complimentary scoop. This was the BEST restaurant meal that we have had in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent service and great food! Server impressed us all with his gluten-free knowledge of every single thing they had available. We will be back! Also, affordable!Special Features:
- Great place to eatDateplaceDined on 8/8/2014Very friendly hosts. I don't like italian food but the food here was pretty good. I would recommend this place for couples To dine for a date. Thanks for asking. Bill AlexanderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for our anniversaryNoelDined on 8/6/2014Havent been for a while, so we thought we would try it for a change. Was happy with how the evening turned out. Positives,,, waiter, food, wait for food all was positive. Was not a large crowd and did not sit people next to each other so was private. The bench seat my wife sat at was very hard she said. Was not romantic setting as it was very light inside, but not bright... so Im kind of neutral on it. The food was very good. We ordered cheesecake to share for dessert and the Manager/Owner? brought us a dessert drink that he recommended as a complimentary anniversary gift. Was very good and very appropriate with the cheesecake. A very good experience and maybe too expensive to do weekly but defintely more often. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigDDined on 7/7/2014I went here for my 21st Anniversary and after we left me and my wife agree it was one of the best times we have ever had on our anniversary. I would also say their cheese cake was one of the best we ever had. For lunch it was not busy so it was quiet and very nice and the owner served us. I will be going back and taking some friends with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the della Voce reviews archive.
- A hidden gemJayIVIPDined on 6/22/2014This is truly a hidden gem, great italian food, very delicately done. We were very thrilled as they were flexible with their menu offerings for vegetarians. Thank you. We truly enjoyed the food, the ambiance, the great wine recommendation and especially the service (the wait staff, the owner and the kitchen). Live Jazz music on that Sunday was an additional bonus. We were there twice in 2 weeks, when we were traveling via Manhattan. We will certainly recommend this restaurant and definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerjwaltDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed ourselves the food was good but not great. A little pricey for drinks but appetizer was good and the entree good. Seemed to take a long time for the food to be served and the restuarant was not busy when we went at 6:30. Waitress was pleasant and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food, worth the wait!Love2EatDined on 5/24/2014Five of us went for dinner and all the food was absolutely incredible. I would highly recommend the restaurant. Our only issue was that we put our order in right after a table of 18 having a party. The food didn't come for about 50 minutes. We were in no hurry so it wasn't a huge deal to us, but some might have been really upset. I give the manager credit for bringing out a free appetizer, keeping us informed on the status (the waitress too), even going into the kitchen to help cook himself and bringing us two free pieces of cheescake in the end to make up for our wait. They handled the situation really well. We would definitely go back again, great atmosphere and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnereatingoutisatreatDined on 5/17/2014We had a table for 10 for a special graduation dinner -- the food, drinks, service and ambience were all superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eau52Dined on 5/16/2014Food quality uneven from very satisfactory (with excellent chicken marsala) to mediocre (rib eye) to very dissatisfying (too much thyme in spaghetti/meatball dish: inedible). Our waitstaff was outstanding, however, providing excellent service from "champagne" toast (it was a non-alcoholic drink, but she went through all the motions as if it were champagne) and helped find a satisfactory alternative for the spaghetti. She spoke to the manager about taking the spaghetti off our bill, too. The noise level in the restaurant was truly unbearable. Overall, the service and most of the food was very good, but until some issues with the food and the ambiance are resolved, we wouldn't recommend this restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2014The food was great. The owner and our waiter were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High $, Low quality dinner entréesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014I continue to be a little bit disappointed by the high cost of dV and low quality of their dinner entrées. The veal was overcooked and the pasta (a box spaghetti) and sauce was "run-of-the-mill." In addition, I don't think the server once asked our party if we would like something besides "house water" to drink. Really? At a total bill, including tip, of $130, I expect to walk away from a restaurant with a feeling of "experience." Instead, I usually walk away from dV with a feeling of "At least the ambience is good..." I have decided that I simply can't afford to go to dV and must choose other, more consistent establishments in Manhattan for my higher end dining and entertaining.Special Features:
- dinning delightCraftDined on 5/1/2014Our server's were amazing! Always giving great suggestions and ensuring our dinning experience was nothing but top notch. Everyone was friendly and they helped to make the night special. Food was an enjoyment. Music that was playing was an odd choice but easily ignored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service...DBakerDined on 4/20/2014My biggest turnoff with our Easter Brunch was the poor service. Our server forgot about us twice and another server took care of those needs. Our server only asked if we needed anything else when I was ready to pay the bill. The worst menu item that we purchased was the Belgium Waffle which was nothing special for 12 dollars. We would go back again, but would expect much much better service!Special Features:
- Great place.FoodConnoisseurDined on 4/6/2014Food was good. Atmosphere was great. Music was awesome. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Della Voce reminded me of a restaurant striving to be "fancy" (which it was), but the service and menu needed much improvement. Albeit, the meal was good, nothing on the menu was a standout. Our service was terrible - a rookie waitress who wasn't self confident. The kitchen was out of many ingredients, which we were informed of after ordering, so the options on a somewhat limited menu, became even more limited. Bottom Line - Yes I would go back, but only for special occasions as the price was on the upper end for Manhattan Ks.Special Features:
- Della voceFoodieDined on 2/16/2014The restaurant had delicious food. The live jazz on Sunday was fun and lively but not too loud. I know the server was trying to keep an "upper scale" feel to the dining experience, but it came off as snobbish and pretentious. He gave wonderful service, but he was not personable at all. Quite frankly he made it an awkward experience when he came to the table. I don't think he smiled once. As a college student, this is not a reasonable place to come with friends because of the prices. I only came here because I wanted to impress a date for Valentine's day. I did enjoy it, but I will most likely never return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experience.RussDined on 2/15/2014Very enjoyable experience. Will recommend to others.Special Features:
- goodspacebootsDined on 2/13/2014Good food though new management removed some favorite s. Go on Sunday for live jazz and more interment ambiance.Special Features:
- Disappointed,ConcretemanDined on 1/22/2014I selected want I wanted for dinner based on the online menu, they didn't have available the main coarse I selected or the dessert we selected, needless to say I was disappointed
- exceptionalservicejasmacolDined on 1/17/2014I'd heard that Della Voce was under new ownership and that the food quality had improved, so I was keen to try it out again. I was extremely pleased! My date and I had three appetizers as small plates and each was outstanding. Even more impressive, however, was the service. Our waitress was charming and knowledgeable and did all possible to make our experience as wonderful as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best restaurant's inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014One of best restaurant's in town on my first visit a few months ago. The plate appearance and thickness of main entrees changed a lot on 1/10/14 and not for the good. Desert and Service were still both very good.Special Features:
- Great New Years Eve spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I have been to this restaurant many times. The food is consistently great! Service is always very attentive, but not over-bearing. They don't try to rush you through your meal, which I really appreciate. Good crowd for New Years Eve but they still managed to seat us at our favorite table, in the corner! Thank you so much for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and musicBradDined on 11/17/2013I went to Della Voce for my 40th birthday with my wife. The food was great! We had some tapas, a couple of glasses of sparkling wine, a bottle of Chianti, and she had the short ribs and I had the pork Carbonnara. Carrie was a great server, and we will definitely go back. I highly recommend for a special occasion, or if you have a bit of cash and want to impress.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Wonderful atmosphere - elegant, professional, and appears expensive Terrific food - wide variety of menu items, appealing, aesthetically pleasing to the eye Professional service - very willing to make menu changes (like no cheese on a salad), attentive but not annoying Reasonable prices - nice variety - lots of "bang for the buck" outstanding food for the money Overall - a definite gem in downtown diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place!!!Armyscout89Dined on 11/10/2013Took my wife there for our 1st year anniversary and was very pleased!! Amazing food and great service!! The owner gave my wife and I complimentary drinks for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatLightningMcQVIPDined on 10/25/2013Seating here has a bench that runs the length of one wall with small tables lined up along the bench. The other side of the table has one or two chairs. It can be a little uncomfortably close depending on your dining neighbors. The acoustics make this place loud when it's busy, so probably not a good bet for a romantic dinner. I had the salmon which was comparable to anything you could get at a chain restaurant like Longhorns or Olive Garden. My wife said her Chicken Parmesan was a little bland. The Caprese salad was good and just right to share for an appetizer and our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. Overall I would rate it good, but not great.
- Great service, outstandingHankDined on 10/11/2013Great service, outstanding food presentation and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat in the Little Apple!MurrayVIPDined on 9/30/2013My wife and I were in Manhattan, Kansas from Minneapolis to watch our son play a college golf tournament and we found della Volce on Open Table. The golf was awful but this place made the trip special. Superb food and the best service we have had in years. Don't miss the salmon dish. Great wine selection. If in Manhattan you must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gourmet menuMekanozDined on 9/24/2013We had a troop of five and we each order a different dish. Everyone was amazed at the flavored of there selection. I orderd the rosemary duck breast on risotto and It was very flavor full and moist. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was prepared well andDenniDined on 9/8/2013Food was prepared well and presented in an attractive manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there on SundaySboyleDined on 8/4/2013I have been there on Sunday nites to listen to the jazz. It is a great atmosphers. I have been there for corporate events too. Excellent food and service. Also, Caleb has exceptional customer service skils. He makes my experience very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.