200 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dellaterrabuffalo.com/
- Phone: 7168426100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Patio open in season: 11am - 10pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Chris Machols
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 5000 Sq feet of Luxury catering space. Capacity up to 210 sit down.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a special occasion with family and friends or hosting a corporate event, we have 5000 Sq feet of luxury catering space with a capacity up to 210 sit down.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 7168426100x
A word from Della Terra
Della Terra is a Northern Italian restaurant located in the new Avant building in downtown Buffalo. Della Terra means, “from the earth”. A meaning that is translated to the way we prepare our food. This is why we have seasonal menu selections; designed to take the very best Mother Nature has to give at the peak times of freshnessContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Della Terra reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointingDJMreviewDined on 10/18/2014Good appetizer, nice wine selection, our two entrees lacked both flavor, and with no salt or pepper at table, lack even the bare seasoning.
- ServiceBirthdayDined on 9/27/2014Jessica our server was phonomial. She went above and beyond to make this night extremly special. She was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!!!FinickyDined on 9/12/2014Everything was fantastic: The food, the chef, the service, the atmosphere and the price!! Great find... Will be back ... A must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little annoyanceYummyfoodDined on 9/5/2014I have eaten there several times and enjoyed every meal. My only problem was one with the cash register which somehow added charges not on the printout to my bill. When I went back to get it corrected, it took over 1/2 hour to get resolved. I was a bit peeved and also surprised that nothing was offered for my inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, long waitMaddyDined on 7/29/2014The food at Della Terra was quite tasteful, as they have changed their menu and added more items that are sure to please. However, be prepared to spend some time there, as it takes quite a while to get your food, as well as the guest check...even when the restaurant is not busy. Our server was very pleasant and attentive to our needs, which is what will most likely bring us back to the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the Della Terra reviews archive.
- Surprisingly good.bubbsterVIPDined on 6/22/2014Suprisingly good, especially for a hotel restaurant. Service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty, but noisyLizfromBuffaloDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I ate at Della Terra during our recent stay at the hotel. We made reservations through Open Table, which turned out to be completely unnecessary as we were the only diners in the restaurant the entire time. It is open to the mezzanine, which was hosting an extremely boisterous bridal shower with lots of whistling, hooting and hollering. The food was very good, however, and the wait staff were very nice. I felt bad that my tip might be their only one that night! The total was about $100, which is on the high side of our budget for a meal eating out, but to be expected at a hotel. It would have been much more enjoyable if there was a little more activity in the restaurant and a lot less from the upstairs mezzanine.
- Perfect!JimTDined on 5/31/20145 star restaurant, 5 star chef, along with 5 star service. Our party of 4 had one the best dining experiences: "Pork Saltimbocca best dish along with great service from Sohir, everyone at our tab..." Foursquare Tip @ Della Terra http://4sq.com/1jLEKnXSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice placeniagarariverfatmanDined on 5/31/2014Della Terra is very nice, the food and the service were good. But it did not get my wife and I wanting to return. If you in the area and staying at the Embassy Suites it would be very convenient, since the restaurant is located inside the hotelSpecial Features:
- well kept secretSifuDined on 5/25/2014This is the 2nd time my wife & I dined at Della Terra. It is a fine dining restaurant located in the hotel with the same name. Each time the food was very good, the ambiance & service were excellent. It is moderately priced for the fine quality food & service it offers. Each time the restaurant had a lot of empty tables. It could be our timing, but both evenings were on the weekend. It's a shame as this restaurant has a lot to offer in high food quality, Ambiance & service.Special Features:
- Perfect Dining Experiencehappydiner115Dined on 5/24/2014Celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary. Could not have picked a better place. The service was outstanding. Always there whenever we needed anything but not overbearing. The food was fabulous. I will return there often as this was one of the best dining experiences we've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left us with a bland, bad taste!amorro1Dined on 3/29/2014The menu consists of 10-12 items, & that was the first indicator of what was to follow. The wine list is extensive & they may want to change businesses & merge with the bar. We decided we would order something "safe" so he opted for Lasagna and I chose Spaghetti & meatballs. After about 20 minutes, the waitress brought out some bread. I asked for some butter but was shocked when informed that was not an option & I could chose from Olive oil or balsamic vinegar for the bread. Finally the mediocre portion of Lasagna arrived, runny, and mushy, & my spaghetti sauce was in need of seasonings, perhaps some basil might have helped! That was the most commercially produced, "gourmet" sauce I have ever tasted, and we won't be back!Special Features:
- Typical hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2014Food was decent, great wine, but ambience is lacking. Definitely feels like a hotel restaurant and not the trendy Italian restaurant it claims to be. Menu was a bit disappointing too. Was hoping for a bit more creative dishes but instead it was the standard filet mignion and chicken piccata.Special Features:
- DeliciousYogaDined on 3/8/2014I enjoyed my meal at Della Terra. My sister and I took our parents there for their anniversary. The food was good and they had an extensive wine menu for my mom to pick from. Though reading the menus were a bit difficult as it was getting dark out and there were not many bright lights in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and price was goodDavidDined on 2/20/2014Nice service and food, will always come back for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Winery RestaurantsJdieselDined on 2/14/2014Came to Della Terra for Valentine's dinner, and my date and I were very satisfied! The service was outstanding overall: our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menus and wine selections (which was the restaurant's best asset) and managed to deliver our entrees in a very time-convenient fashion. Everything from the bread and bruschetta (appetizers), the bottle of moscato, the lobster and pasta, as well as the desserts were well-done. Highly recommended for special occasion and romantic dining!Special Features:
- Very nice, great atmosphereJoesDinerDined on 1/25/2014Knowledgable server, interesting and tasty specials. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scallops and butternutadv360Dined on 1/18/2014The scallops and butternut squash raviolis were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Upon arriving at restaurant it was nice to have free valet parking. Had to ask where the restaurant entrance was. The host stated it would be chilly as our seats were located by the main doors of the lobby. It was very chilly. Our waitress greeted us in a nice friendly way. After placing our drink orders is was 15 to 20 minutes to receive them. Appetizers were ordered and were excellent. We placed our main dish order which was delivered in a timely fashion. When we received out main dish we ordered a glass of wine which took another 15 to 20 minutes and only after asking about it. We wanted to have a nice glass of wine with our meal. Main course was great by the way.Special Features:
- We had a enjoyable evening.DennisDined on 12/26/2013The food and ambience were great. We were surprised when the chef visited ours and other patrons tables to ensure we were enjoying our selves. We had a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas findGoldenGirlVIPDined on 12/25/2013My husband and I dine out for Christmas and finding a place can be difficult. Della Terra was an excellent choice. The Christmas menu was perfect and well executed. Be prepared though...if you have a cocktail in the lounge you may experience sticker shock. A vodka martini and a domestic beer racked up an almost $19 bill. Surprising, since the wine list is reasonable for a fine dining establishment. All in all a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- A very friendly, invitingSouthTownsJanDined on 12/25/2013A very friendly, inviting atmosphere. I was pleased with the valet service and the ease of handicap accessibility. The menu choices were different from many other restaurants, combining ingredients in an unusual but delicious way. The entree was visually pleasing; the meat did not require a steak knife to cut. The service was prompt and our various requests were quickly satisfied. A rather delightful evening; we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day Joypassion4foodDined on 12/25/2013From the moment we pulled up for valet parking and until the moment we left, we were treated to genuine warm smiles, greetings and enthusiastic service - simply outstanding. Lovely holiday menu and Chef graciously accommodated my special request. Never having dined out on Christmas Day I was reticent to do so but so pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I may never cook another Christmas Day dinner again! What a delight to spend this special day enjoying family and great dining without the stress. Thank you Della Terra and all your wonderful staff for making our holiday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for lunchDmacVIPDined on 12/23/2013Luncheon menu lacks standard sandwiches and soups. The offerings were overpriced. Nothing stands out. Perhaps dinner is better.
- Server was very un-educatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Server was very un-educated on specials and on what brands of liquor the bar had, and dot not cover it up well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Foodlover3Dined on 12/1/2013The food was wonderful and new and flavorful and our waiter was amazing!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the ambiance, ourDennisDined on 11/17/2013We enjoyed the ambiance, our waiter Tom and our meals tasted very good, they were a good portion. I only heard raves from our group over the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Della BellaBrettcspDined on 11/9/2013We celebrated our anniversary here. Tom our server was attentive and provided wonderful service. The food was all prepared from scratch - was fresh and delicious. The menu changes seasonally and takes advantage of seasonal fruits, vegetables and dishes. Della Terra has a nice wine list and a full service bar. Desserts were wonderful - fresh, refreshing and unique. We have dined here several times and have never had a disappointing meal. I have entertained for business here - group of 12 and the service and food were exceptional. Do not be scared off because this is a restaurant located in a hotel. Think of it as a restaurant that just happens to have a great hotel attached to it! Ciao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013Started with the warm figs wrapped in prosciutto--delish! I ordered the seared Ahi Tuna with wasabi aioli, it was fantastic and my husband had the tenderloin wth lobster tempura special of the evening, also extremely good! The bread basket was also top-notch, I highly recommend Della Terra and am looking forward to spending more time there in the summer when they have the patio open.Special Features:
- Good, with tons of potentialsaturdaynightdinerDined on 10/19/2013A friend and I had dinner at Della Terra prior to a night out. I had read mixed review on a few different sites, but decided to give this place a shot. I liked the complementary valet. Especially because finding parking near the Embassy Suites is a huge pain on the weekends. We were seated promptly. I wish that there were doors or something that made the restaurant feel as if it was a separate entity from the hotel. Also a little music for ambiance would have gone a long way. We ordered an appetizer to share, two entrees, and desserts. The food was good, but not amazing. Our server was friendly enough. The ambiance was missing a few key pieces. Overall if Della Terra could tweak a few things- it could be so much more than it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made it rightKevinMDined on 10/19/2013Our 1st server was slow and had a bad attitude. Asked about our order before mentioning the specials. Brought it up to the maitre de and he switched our server. Turns out the original one didn't mention on of the specials, or that a couple of items were not available (one of which my wife initially chose).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre SHow first time at DTJimmyDDined on 9/24/2013we went early becasue we had to make it to a show, the place was empty when we got there. Very friendly staff, solid wine list. Nice menu, something for all. Food quality is very good, ambience is not real romantic, contemparary furnitre ,and there was a convention group at the bar with name tags, nothing wrong with that, but being attached to the Embassy Suites that is what to expect. I wouldnt recomed as a romantic place. Fine meal though, friendly attentive service , I would not hestiate to go back. I had the pork Osco Bucco it was delicious,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toughest rib eye's my wifeBillDined on 9/20/2013toughest rib eye's my wife and have encountered in WNY
- Excellent restaurant!Buffalogirl29Dined on 9/11/2013Their menu has a nice variety for lunch and prepared very well. The entire group of 6 was very pleased and raved how fabulous the food was. Service is excellent also. Will be going there for dinner this Saturday. Never been to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicehoney524Dined on 9/5/2013A great location downtown in the Avant building. Overall a nice experience. The restaurant was very clean and tidy. The wait staff was attentive but not the best we ever had. The food was good but again not the best we ever had. It was very quiet and we tend to like a little more hustle and bustle, we like to people watch. I certainly wouldn't not go there again but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.Special Features:
- Loved it!jeffbethdVIPDined on 8/27/2013As always when we dine here ,we loved our dinner at Della Terra. My wife's filet mignon was cooked to perfection, and our waiter was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Dinner for 6 went very well. Waiter was responsive to our requests and chef stopped in to check on our meal a couple of times. Overall a very nice experience with all staff members being very cordial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013the restaurant makes you feel like you are sitting in a hotel lobby, which i guess you are. the crowd is quite mixed, people dressed nicely for a good night out but then people also in jeans and even sweats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use Only In Case of EmergencySatisfiedVIPDined on 7/7/2013This restaurant is in the lobby of an Embassy Suites hotel; I wish I had known that ex-ante. More important, the service was atrocious. The wait staff was perfectly polite. The problem was that the service was infinitely slow. In this spirit, it's useful to note that there were only four diners at the restaurant when we there; the two of us and another party of two at a different table. It's frightening to consider what would have happened if they had, say, just four more diners. The food was adequate-to-good; nothing special, nothing hideous.
- Absent Service, Bland FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2013I arrived on time for my booking and found no one at the stand or for that matter on the floor. After a four-minute wait, I got someone from the hotel desk (yes, the restaurant is in a hotel lobby, which I didn't know) to find a waiter. Unapologetic, yet friendly, he showed me to a table. The salad was delivered well before the glass of wine I ordered, and then the dinner was delivered well before I finished my salad. I ordered the only pasta on the menu of this "Italian" restaurant since I was carbing up for cycling. Big mistake. The pasta was slightly overcooked, the sauce was flavorless, the meatballs unseasoned. All carbs, no flavour, a big mess o' bland.