1107 San Carlos Avenue
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.deliziesc.com/
- Phone: 6504861539
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Biagio Capua
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us for details.
A word from Delizie
"Delizie" meaning delicious, is an enthusiastic endeavor to preserve sacred family traditions & bring delight to peoples’ plates far beyond Italy's borders. Hailing from Calabria, the infamous "toe" of the Italian peninsula where the mountains meet a breathtaking coastline, owner Francesco Ruggiero brings to life the richness of this southern region's culinary heritage, introducing & reacquainting others with an irresistible array of savory flavors & vibrant aromas. Using a combination of carefully selected imports & fresh, locally grown ingredients, you can indulge to your heart's desire in a variety of homemade pastas & traditional dishes. To render the meal complete pair your food with an appealing wine from a list featuring Italian & Californian wines that best suit your palate. The restaurant itself maintains a cozy, relaxed, yet elegant feel that invites others to join in the ambience that comes to life when the simplest things are brought to the table: good food, wine & people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Delizie - Best Restaurants in San Carlos ›
Delizie reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)romantic (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Will try againJenniVIPDined on 8/18/2014Didn't love my Penne Piccantine but my friend's Salmone Scaloppato (salmon and spinach) looked amazing. My Insalata Delizie was excellent. Super cute restaurant, will definitely try again.Special Features:
- TASTE OF CALABRIA!!sunny35Dined on 8/18/2014I keep on coming back to this restaurant, My grandparents are both from calabria and the food here is exactly the same as my grandmother used to make it. They are the best italian restaurant in the peninsula. The pasta cooked perfectly. My favorite starter its the Calamari fritti and melanzane ripene. Then I had the Porcini pasta (TO DIE FOR IT) and close them up with a house made pear tartlet. Been here 3 times already and each one of them is a great experience. Can't wait to take my boyfriendSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The homemade special pasta was wonderful. It was so delicious, I ate here twice in one week. The appetizers and desserts were also very delicious. Small and intimate restaurant, with great ambiance and the service was excellent. Five stars for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. This was my 3rd trip there and the food and service are always consistent. Their special of orichiette pasta with sausage and tomato cream sauce is the best! Service from Rolando is incomparable.Special Features:
- Yummy!LCSanFranciscoVIPDined on 8/9/2014super cute small cafe in San Carlos. Food was outstanding and the pasta is fresh. everyone was so warm and friendly! definitely reminded me of the friendly Italians in Italy. Try the lamb rag with orichette....the flavors are bold and delicious! Very reasonably priced as well. We each had an anti pasti (get the eggplant..OMG), shared or had our own secondi, and a primi. All dishes are under $30, most under $20. Great value.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOptimusDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great Italian food and yummy desserts - and the server was terrific, very attentive and personable. This was our first time here but will not be our last!Special Features:
- Oustanding as always!!Alis742Dined on 7/21/2014This is my fifth time at Delizie! The food its really great and unique experience outside Italy. Since I used to live in Italy can definitely taste a good italian food made simple with the best flavor ever. I got lucky because I tried their special of the day baby octopus stew which was oustanding and only had in Italy so far. Service is very friendly and good. Seems to be a family restaurant which I love even more. I'll be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014the service was great. knowledgeable staff and attention to detail. Food was good, but not amazing. could be what we ordered. Would definitely go back. Too bad they don't have a bar.Special Features:
- July 3rdOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014I have been to Delizie a few times. The food and service isgood. In fact, I had been to Delizie the previous Saturday, and relished the orecchiette. However, when I had it on July 3rd, the sauce was watery and did not meet the previous experience. Was there a different chef? When I arrived to indicate I had a reservation, the man with whom I spoke said, "Just sit any where." When I asked about a table by the window, he said that it was reserved, then said rather abruptly, "Just go here." I was taken aback by his unconscious officiousness. What was difficence, then became overzealousness when my guest and I sat down, to the point of almost rushing us. After I left a tip in the folder, quickly took the tip before we had left the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat herecmudDined on 6/28/2014The experience here is great every time. Francesco is always friendly and courteous, as are the wait staff. Never been disappointed by the food. Just thinking about it makes me ridiculously hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kymlividDined on 6/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for date night since he loves Italian food. I was a bit nervous, considering I hadn't been here before and I'm a bit on the "snobby" side when it comes to restaurants, but after reservations were made, I contacted a friend who HAD been here and he gave his stamp of approval. The menu had enough variety to make me feel like I had choices, but not too big to be overwhelming (which, in my opinion, is the epitome of a Good restaurant). It was clean, well decorated, and the wait staff was attentive but not overly attentive. The wine selection had a little something for everyone. Though I'm neither, they had vegetarian dishes, the option for gluten free. The prices were fair and the ingredients were fresh! I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticOenophinewineDined on 6/12/2014Authentic Calabrese cuisine. Delicious! Great service, friendly owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatNeenersDined on 6/10/2014This is a little gem tucked away on San Carlos Ave. it doesn't get the foot traffic of Laurel but is worth the stroll around the corner. I had the Calabrese sausage which us grilled to perfection. Italian green beans and a delicious mashed potato. First, comes small bread and tampanadas. They make a great cappuccino or latte with a shot of chocolate espresso. Tiramisu for dessert I'm going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendliest Restaurant in TownChowhoundVIPDined on 6/6/2014We keep going back because the food is so good. And they are so doggone friendly there.Special Features:
- localDined on 6/6/2014The pasta entrees were very good. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Cozy FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014Very nice find in San Carlos..Good Pasta..Nice service and we will be backSpecial Features:
- San Carlos GemBennoVIPDined on 5/30/2014Delizie offers great Italian food from Calabria not just by cuisine but also cooked by a Chef who actually is from that region. This is in stark contrast to many other Italian places. All pasta dishes are excellent and cooked and the pasta is truly 'al dente'. Both risottos are original and delicious. My favorite is 'risotto del campo' (artichokes and bacon in a tomato cream sauce). The deserts are delicious but not as good as the main fairs. However they are still very delicious. The wine list has some excellent Italian wines. This place is great for lunch and dinner. Reservations are a must if you want to get a table at the preferred time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2014The service was wonderful and the food delicious. I had pasta in a wild boar tomato sauce..yum. Friends had risotto and veal. The baby spinach salad was very good. The whole atmosphere was lovely. I'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Terrific italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014This is my second visit at Delizie and they don't disappoint. The food is unique, fresh and genuine. Try their orecchiette pasta with lamb sauce "OUSTANDING". Great italian wine selection that pairs very well with southern italian food. Definitely it is a must. Their dessert are fabolous as well. I had the cappuccino mousse as special of the day and it melted in my mouth. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian ever!!Foodie78Dined on 5/20/2014Everything about this place is great from the food to the staff and the ambiance. Truly italian style, I say that because I am an Italian-american born and my parents both came from Italy, Calabria and Puglia. At Delizie I discovered mother's cooking blend with the authenticity of Delizie family. The porcini pasta and the baked cauliflower and melanzane ripiene are the best I ever had. Can't wait to go back and bring my whole italian family. :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonerful spot for a nice mealsoozreviewsDined on 5/14/2014We have been to Delize many times now and always love the food and the ambience. This is a wonderful small restaurant where adults can enjoy conversation and a comfortable setting. The service is attentive without being overbearing; you can tell that they want their guests to enjoy their dining experience. Love it all! (Had the asparagus ravioli in tomato cream sauce for the first time. The stuff dreams are made of!)Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Delizie reviews archive.
- Good Italian foodCurlyengr1Dined on 4/26/2014Good food, nice service, small so a little loud but always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2014This is a small quaint place with wonderful Italian food, a delightful waitstaff - what more could you want? They have a terrific spinich salad with balsamic dressing and pasta dishes are excellent if you like southern Italian cooking. I have been here several times and will continue to go back - great local restaurant!
- Best Italian ever!Alis742Dined on 4/25/2014I have been coming here many times now and this is defenitely the best italian restaurant that I ever been to. The service is impeccable and very personal and charming. Food is oustanding and unusual to find elsewhere. Is a family owned restaurant and everyone is italian which I love it. Great foodie spot. I'll keep coming back and become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PastakdimickDined on 4/23/2014The first time we went to Delizie we had the pasta which was great as well as this time. I would recommend any of the pasta dishes over the non-pasta dishesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2014Real Italian food cooked and served by real Italians! Nice decor and good wine list. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I and two co-workers wereruhbdDined on 3/31/2014I and two co-workers were in town for training and decided to eat here. The food was great and the service was excellent. It was quiet and not crowded but it was a Monday night so that would probably explain it. If I ever come back to San Carlos I will definitely come back for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Small San carlos GemBennoVIPDined on 3/28/2014The cook is from Calabria and prepares outstanding local dishes. The appetizers, and main dishes are well prepared. The desserts are not on par with the other dishes but still very good. Definitely a place to go for lunch and dinner in San Carlos.Special Features:
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2014I have been looking for a proper Italian restaurant since I moved to the peninsula, and I found it. The owner's mom made a special lasagna while she is in town, and it was delicious. The pasta is home made and fresh. I literally have no complaints. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second time and was justOpt1VIPDined on 3/20/2014My second time and was just as good. It is a family owned restaurant with Southern Italian flare. Home made pasta was excellent. Services was friendly and attentive. Will go back again......Special Features:
- Little Neighborhood GemBennoVIPDined on 3/14/2014Small restaurant with only indoor dining tables. Very good Calabrese dishes. Recommended for parties of 2 or small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!!!JosephVIPDined on 3/4/2014Great fine--we will be back soon. There are a number of items on the menu we want to try. The pasta with smoked salmon is the best in the areaSpecial Features:
- Spot for foodie people!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Delicious restaurant!! This was my first time and it won't defenitely be the last. The food is so fresh and real authentic southern italian. I am an american born but both of my parents came from a little town in calabria and Delizie reminds my mother cooking. Anything that I had including my friends was impeccable! Really worth to try it and highly recommended. My compliment to the italian chef "Biagio", and to "Francesco" the owner, who hosted us like we were part of the family, and we all felt like we were in Italy. Grazie!! A presto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DelizieNeenersDined on 2/24/2014It's great. Everything I've ever ordered was good. The Calabrese sausage will melt in your mouth. The minestrone soup is the real deal They are nice and very attentive They make a great cappacino to top off the dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy in San CarlosMROpenDined on 2/22/2014Delizie reminds me of the great Italian restaurant in Little Italy in New York. Personal service by the owner, great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing liquer twist!TrisDined on 2/21/2014The food here has been excellent both times we've come. This time, however, we got a special treat -- at the end of the meal, they provided a little post-dinner drink of a house-made chocolate liquer. I can honestly say that it was the best thing I've tasted in months; it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Attentive, organized and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014The food was wonderful - my husband is Italian and the restaurant is run by a Calabrian family that is very organized. We had a fluctuating party number of 12-14….they were flexible, attentive, and created an unobtrusive and cordial level of service that I rarely see in restaurants that are not super expensive. I still crave their pasta and mushrooms. They provided wonderful touches such as complimentary desserts that were authentically Italian. Everyone was comfortable, happy, and felt that they were at a special place…friends from SF said "who knew this existed in San Carlos" (the snobs!). Make reservations early. Parking on weekends can be limited in downtown San Carlos, too!Special Features:
- Great local Italian restaurantPAmarcoDined on 2/15/2014Having just moved to San Carlos, we have found our favorite local restaurant! Bravo Delizie! Excellent food, many appetizing choices will bring us back. Great service. The homemade pasta dishes we selected were excellent, as were the calamari fritti and appetizer salads. A nice selection of Italian red wines by the glass is a nice alternative to ordering a full bottle. Ambience and decor are inviting. A huge hit! Ci vediamo a pronto! (see you soon)Special Features:
- Perfect to a TeeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2014The eggplant ravioli was to die for and the service was perfect...highly recommend! I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gem in San Carlos!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Delizie with 2 very dear friends. We had the most delightful experience! The waiter could not do enough for us (Ronaldo) and made us feel so welcome. The presentation and his explanation of each item was amazing. We can't wait to go back! This is truly a little piece of Italy in San Carlos!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.