6106 Paseo Delicias
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deliciasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8587568000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm, Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4-6pm, Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:30-9pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Californian
- Executive Chef: Steve Molina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Delicias Restaurant offers several different private and semi-private dining spaces available for groups of 10-100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Campbell 8587568000x100
- Entertainment: Fireside tables on the pet-friendly patio and courtyard available.
- Special Events: Social Hour everyday from 4-6pm
Thursday Gourmet Burger Night; 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
A word from Delicias
Delicias Restaurant is the perfect setting to enjoy cocktails and dinner with family and friends. Whether its a casual lunch in the charming courtyard, cocktails on the front patio with live music, or a romantic evening in the cozy dining room, Rancho Santa Fe’s Delicias Restaurant promises a relaxed dining experience. The casually elegant ambiance and gorgeous décor set the stage for an enticing blend of upscale comfort food with influences of California cuisine. The menu offers classics like mesquite-grilled filet mignon and clever twists on mainstays such as macaroni and cheese by combining proscuitto, peas and black truffles in a six-cheese sauce. The lunch menu presents a host of fresh ingredients and light-dining options like spinach salmon salad with golden raisins, gorgonzola cheese and apple smoked bacon, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. With events like wine tasting dinners and the hugely popular Thursday Gourmet Burger Nights, Delicias has made dining a full experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Delicias - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Fe ›
Delicias reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (12)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DelicasNotgoodDined on 7/16/2014gazpacho soup was not what was expected. Not very good. Did not eat. Also had pizza and was very mediocre
- great outdoor diningjoanneDined on 7/9/2014The food was wonderful and the service was great. Very comfortable out seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!YummyDined on 6/26/2014The people who work there are awesome and the food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant of Rancho Santa Fe, CaGaryHDined on 6/24/2014We each had the short ribs which were the best I have ever had. The scallop appetizer was excellent and beautifully presented although the portion could have been larger. There was a nice wine list with some bottles 1/2 off on the Tuesday evening we were there. Although we had a wonderful bottle of Vigonier it was probably over priced at $110 so I would recommend bringing you own wine and paying the corkage fee. As an after dinner drink we had nicely warmed Remy Martin Cognac which provided us a finishing glow. Situated in posh Rancho Santa Fe, it nicely fit the local upscale but subdued ambience. I hardily recommend it for dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the setting . . .NeighborVIPDined on 6/21/2014Outdoor seating on a beautiful day. Delicious food. Great waiter -- with great service. Just wish it was a little more affordable to be able to go more often.Special Features:
- Nice to sit outsidesallyVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great table outside, great service, everything wonderful; all our entrees were a little dry so were a bit disappointing. Will go back.Special Features:
- Celebrating 90th birthdayColoradoconnectionDined on 5/11/2014Thank you Delicias for helping us to make our mom's 90th birthday so special. We sat on the patio from 1:30-3:30p and enjoyed the beautiful California weather. It was snowing in Colorado where we had travelled from. The food was excellent, husband and his brother had short rib hash, they cleaned their plates. Salmon was well prepared and a good serving size too. Delicias is not usually open on Sundays, but because of Mothers Day they were, a wonderful treat for us. Thank you to our server Bobby, he went out of his way to make the day memorable, create laughter and show our mom how special she is to all of us. This is a hidden gem in Rancho Sante Fe, drop by and say hi to Bobby for us. The Mc Combs, Littleton, ColoradoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrogant annoying waiterDelMarDinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Ok food, not terrible. Wines by the glass were junk. Nice decor. Awesome bus girl (do you call female busboys that?) but we had a really annoying officious waiter. We would walk by the table, as a question and end up 3 tables away by the time you had a chance to NOT hear you.Special Features:
- The following 327 reviews are from the Delicias reviews archive.
- Not impressed….IMPWDined on 4/24/2014Dined there with another couple on Thursday night (which should have meant "A" team in the kitchen). We were all underwhelmed by our meal. The prices seemed average for the area, but the food far below the quality found in other restaurants nearby. Mediocre, at best. Disappointing, as the location is great, patio is nice and the interior decor (in the restaurant section) is beautiful. When entering the restaurant, there is no vestibule area. You enter straight into the bar and on to the restaurant from there. There bar is neither inviting, nor commensurate with the decor in the remainder of the restaurant. Even if it were, we wouldn't be back…much better options out there for the price!Special Features:
- Good but could be betterEastcoasterVIPDined on 3/21/2014A wonderful restaurant in the village of Rancho Santa Fe with plenty of street parking and always lots of room during the week. Only complaint is that the menu is limited and doesn't change very often and the specials can be pricey and inconsistent. For example had rack of lamb...a special...it was very skimpy ..both chops and veggies for $39... I thought based on other menu items should have been in the $20s and more plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered Rancho Sante FeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2014Hadn't been in the area for awhile, so I didn't know what my choices were. I was very glad I picked Delicias to meet friends and spend the evening. The service was great. The menu had something for everyone from pizza to incredible white seabass. Will definitely be back to try other goodies on the menu and hang out at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicedannyDined on 3/13/2014We requested a seat by the fire. When that wasn't available the manager setup a private table outside and built a wood fire for us. It was awesome. The food and wine were both outstanding and the service was great. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCeciSDined on 3/12/2014Food options are varied. Customer service will make us go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood PastaSeanVIPDined on 2/26/2014We had another really great meal at Delicias the other night. The seafood pasta was delicious, and perfectly cooked. The sauce is delicious, and the seafood remains moist and tasty. Great dish. Thanks Bryan.Special Features:
- Shhhhh.....don't tell anyonearegtimVIPDined on 2/15/2014It's the best restaurant I've found in NCSD. The food, service....everything is first rate. If word gets out it'll get busier. Love it and the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Rancho Santa FeSanDiegoDinerDined on 2/14/2014A great spot since a 2012 renovation. We felt like we were the only folks in the place, yet it was St. Valentine's Day and our first experience with this establishment. Knowledgeable, friendly and attentive wait staff. Food was timely, well prepared and presented, and properly proportioned for an average metabolism and discriminating palate. Just down the street is a French Restaurant that is well known but resting too heavily on its laurels…go to Delcias.Special Features:
- Has great locationNeighborVIPDined on 2/7/2014If the restaurant wasn't in this location, it would not survive. Expensive and not great quality.Special Features:
- Quiet business meeting spotdisappointingVIPDined on 2/6/2014Met a new bsuiness acquaintance over lunch. The service was excellent, recognizing that we wanted to talk. The menu was adequate and suitable to such a meeting. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!LoveToDine2136Dined on 2/1/2014Always great food and genuine service- just a special place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell a little shortChefgirlDined on 2/1/2014We stayed at The Inn At Rancho and decided to for go there restaurant and come down to Delicias. Loved the atmosphere. Very cozy and warm. The wine and food was delicious! I did get the Brussels sprouts with bacon. The chili –soup was also outstanding and my husband got the Caesar with white anchovies which he LOVED and the beef stroganoff. Over all we had a lovely evening in a lovely place and the service from Jason just fell flat. Very slow, a bit of a condescending manner and seemed to forget us a few times. It was Saturday night (dead when we arrived 6:30pm) and it did get a little busy but he seemed to be socializing while we were waiting for our wine or next coarse. It didn’t spoil our dining experience.Special Features:
- Better Food/No Ambience1dinerDined on 1/25/2014We had dined at this restraunt many times. While the food quality has generally been good, the service and ambience has always been very good. However, we had not been there in about 6 months and it seems they have changed the lighting to brighten the restaurant, taking away all of the ambience. Also, the service was very poor. The waiters spent more time talking to eachother than attending to their tables and we had to wait to be seated in an emplty restaurant. The waiters just kept walking by ignorning us standing there. We then had to wait to order and then again had to ask 3 times for our check (after which our waiter stood around talking to other waiters). Will not go back This is too bad becauase the food was good.
- Delicias was oh so Delicious!LovelyLizVIPDined on 1/24/2014Wonderful dinner of the freshest ingredients prepared perfectly. I enjoyed the salmon encrusted with bacon (just a taste, not too heavy) with french lintels. Fantastic and attentive service throughout the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service to no service1starVIPDined on 1/18/2014the food was amazing, thus the rating of "fit for foodies" sadly the service was beyond poor. The waiter ignored us, forgot our food, never said sorry, stopped talking to us in mid-sentence and walked away, waved to others while speaking to use. We are from out of town and it really showed that locals get the service or large tables, not us. Brandon the manager took over in the end and made things better, but I'd not give a second change.Special Features:
- excellent dinnerdarioDined on 1/11/2014salmon was moist and flavorful. service was first rate. all in all well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodEastcoasterVIPDined on 1/10/2014Reliable spot for well above average fare. Prices above average. Wine by the glass expensive and could be more noteworthy.Special Features:
- upscale diningsophisticateddinerDined on 1/4/2014started with vegetable salad and lobster agnoloni, both flavorful and fresh, excellent. salmon and beef stroganoff entrees highly recommended. i asked to replace the potato with their potato gratin, they quickly and happily agreed, no need to check with the chef. the stroganoff was great but could have had a creamier sauce. breads are delicious. service top notch. my only complaint is that the chairs are at least 2" too low for the table height. the tables should be lowered so that you don't feel like a little kid at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013A great neighborhood restaurant with exceptional food and wine, nestled in the village, Delicious has it all…except a sunset….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant and the serviceMelBGDined on 12/27/2013The restaurant and the service were nice but it was extremely over priced!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedSheriVIPDined on 12/23/2013I had a luncheon salad and the chicken was undercooked. I should have sent it back but by the time we ordered and our entrees arrived I was so hungry that I did not. Instead I just ate around the uncooked chicken breasts. The service was a bit slow although there were very few other tables of diners at the lunch hour. Bread had to be requested and refills of iced tea were also not offered but needed to be requested.Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed Delicias,reindeerDined on 12/14/2013I have always enjoyed Delicias, the town of Rancho Santa Fe is lit up brightly for the holidays, beautiful driving to the restaurant. One of my favorite restaurants with great service and the salmon was delicious...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualEastcoasterVIPDined on 11/11/2013Service and cuisine always very good. It was a quiet night which is unusual. Had stroganoff and short rib dishes with salad. Both were very good.Special Features:
- Great Service, and Great food.kurtVIPDined on 11/8/2013Great Service, and Great food. Wonderful atmosphere and I would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great team!aregtimVIPDined on 10/18/2013I'm just a reluctant to rave too much about this restaurant. Mr. Molina's latest menu is incredibly inventive and comforting. This was my fourth visit to Delicias - one of two restaurants I have liked since moving to North County a few months ago. From the time one walks in, you're treated like a guest for a family dinner. The wait staff is attentive and accommodating. It's a gem. Shhhhh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food&Service Overpriced winenoahDined on 9/21/2013Food and service were GREAT. Someone is drinking too much when they price the winelist! I collect hundreds of bottles of wine in my personal winecellar and know wine costs. I am all for a fair markup, but they are FAR OVER doubling their bottle costs. It will drive normally appreciate customers elsewhere or force the to bring their own wine and pay corkage...(not a good thing for a restaurant)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timemitchVIPDined on 9/20/2013Really reminded me of a cafeteria in a public hospital!
- Nice place, disappointing foodJTDMVIPDined on 9/20/2013We had never been to Delicias, and it's a very nice looking place. Looking forward to it we were quite disappointed with the food. The lobster fritters were very good, but the corn soup was a little bland actually. The pork chop was cooked perfectly, but the "grits" were like a morning hot cereal with too much brown sugar. The Halibut was slightly overlooked and the panzanella was a little tart, and it was just an average dish overall. I guess we had high expectations for this place, but the food does not live up IMO. The rest of the dining experience was excellent.Special Features:
- Didn't Live Up to ExpectationsTeeBeeDined on 9/19/2013Perhaps it's unfair to review a resto when one goes for restaurant week. They're crowded with newer diners, they have more assembly-line procedures.... but I digress. I was still expecting more. Luckily I went with the server recommendations, which I found much better - more moist and flavourful, specifically - than my companion's meal, which was dry and I felt more conceptual. Given the location off my beaten patch, I likely won't go out of my way to return.Special Features:
- We are luckyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2013It's wonderful to have an NYC-quality restaurant three miles from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad choiceJoeofCardiffDined on 9/19/2013Waiter was OK, recommended two of the restaurant week choices, we went with the recommendations. Both the fish and the pork were well overcooked and dry, the pork was terrible. we had to beg for coffee, and when we got it mine was burnt. we never got another cup and the bill came by dropping it on the table and moving along. Don't got there.
- The beet salad is terrific.RobertKDined on 9/19/2013The beet salad is terrific. Over all an excellent choice for a casual dinner or to entertain friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.