Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
209 Swamp Fox Road
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deliasbrickovenpizza.com/
- Phone: 7033290006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Theodorou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Delia's is proud of its 33-year history of quality food, superior staff and attention to detail to make your catered event successful and memorable!
Whether an intimate dinner, a business luncheon, birthday party, or an elegant wedding reception, we stand ready to make your occasion every bit the success that you intend it to be!
For Pricing, Catering Menu Options & Information: Vicky - 202-630-3122
- Private Party Facilities: Comfortable. Refreshing.
Experience the enjoyment of private dining at Delia's and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next family celebration, business gathering, or anything in between.
Delia's Catering Division can also accomodate any of your off-premise catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kari Ottaviano 7033290006x
- Special Events: Call Vicky @ 202-630-3122 for reservations of 15 or more.
A word from Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
Delia's is an upscale casual Mediterranean Restaurant featuring updated versions of Mediterranean classics & Award Winning Brick Oven Pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- HtownpasstimeVIPDined on 10/3/2014The nicest most unexpected experience. Service and food top rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Reviewed the PizzaFoodieFirstDined on 9/26/2014Let me start by saying that I made reservations through OpenTable. When I approached the hostess, I mentioned my reservation name but it did not appear they employed a reservation system. Needless to say I tried their Prosciutto White 14" a good amount to share with another person. Flavors were uninspiring and hinted at more sweetness than anything. there was a lack of seasoning. I cannot comment on the grilled or pasta dishes. I did not try dessert either but I was reminded 1 of them would need 15 minutes to complete. However our waitress was very attentive, warm, friendly and happily recommended and described the menu. The complimentary tzatziki bread with hummus/butter was pretty delicious. I will go away to try other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindBrendaOntheGoDined on 9/18/2014Greek or a little surprise. The pasta was great and the scallops were so sweet. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great food, local gem!Bug1209Dined on 8/9/2014We don't live in Alexandria but have the opportunity to visit every few months. We always look forward to visiting Delia's to enjoy a meal with our kids who live there. Believe it or not the owner remembers us! We have tried many items on the menu - the pizzas are delicious, salads are generous portions and very good, the lamb is a favorite of mine. Seriously, every meal we have had has been delicious. Then there is the service, it is great service with people who clearly enjoy their job and make the experience of eating out so enjoyable - even with a group! So, needless to say it is one of our favorite places to go and we will be back!Special Features:
- Girls Nite OutFridayGirlsNiteOutDined on 8/1/2014Charming restaurant with friendly staff. Went on a Friday. Reservation was at 6 pm. Arrived at 5:30 pm with 2 of the three guests. Was seated right away. Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeBoogieDinerDined on 7/26/2014Having never eaten here before I wasn't sure what to expect. We arrived a little bit early and had no problem getting a table. Our table was next to a window so it was fun to people watch while eating. Our table was a little close to the one behind us but it wasn't too bad. The food was wonderful. The service was friendly and prompt when needed. I am certain we will visit again.Special Features:
- HaaPDined on 7/24/2014I took my sister to Delia's for a birthday lunch. We both enjoyed our salads a lot, we also had the Limoncello Truffle dessert which was amazing. We each had an espresso which comes with a mini biscotti. Overall really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!kjovDined on 7/18/2014Went to dinner after a movie at AMC. It was was fast and friendly service with delicious food! The pizza is so good! Great crust and lots of topping choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to hit before a movieDatenighterDined on 7/17/2014Good food and service. Across from amc Hoffman theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAbdiDined on 7/16/2014I love this place. Their food, atmosphere and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Incredible wings, amazing pizzaSavvyDinerDined on 7/11/2014One of the best pizzas around. But their other dishes are mouth watering too. Wings - you won't find better anywhere else. The sangria is excellent if you want something alcoholic but light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza reviews archive.
- NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014If you don't mind raising your voice to speak with your loved one, the food was goodSpecial Features:
- Movie Night EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014Next to the Huffman Center movie theater in Alexandria. We go there on Friday nights for grilled lamb and pizza. Yummy.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLadyLDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I really enjoyed the ambience, food, and services...Four thumbs UP!!
- okay, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014This place was talked up by several friends. Made a resvation and went. We had to wait since no table was available. It was so loud on there we couldn't hear anything but the bar and people waiting for tables. Food was okay. In my opinion over priced. Two people 70 bucks with no alcohol.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Love Delias! Food great. BEST part was waitress Ameri. Fabulous. Made reservation for after movie which made it so handy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningreallyDined on 5/24/2014This was a last minute reservation. But every time I go there it is good! Good service good food! My family likes it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014I had never been to this restaurant and was pleased with the great menu, food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Delia's!RUTOYDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I love Mediterranean/greek food and this place is great and reasonably priced! My wife had the Tomato and Marscarpone Soup while I had the Avgolemono Soup to start which was delicious. My wife then had the Greek salad while I had the Gyro platter! Perfect amount of food and I can eat a lot! It's a great spot for a dinner and a movie night as it's right next door to the AMC Hoffman 22 on Swamp Fox Road Alexandria. A must try if you enjoy Mediterranean cuisines!Special Features:
- Delia's Never DisappointsScubaJohnDined on 5/16/2014Delia's is one of our favorites. We just restraints and food by a wow factor, and Delia's is always a WOW! Great food, cooked just right and the service is always great. Highly recommend Delia's.Special Features:
- Nice Place to Dine!reallyDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and kids here for Mother's Day. Great place to eat if you like Mediterranean cuisine. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxing. Their food is really good and plentiful. The waiters were very accommodating and nice. The Drinks were very good. The Baklava was excellent and so freshly made. We had good conversation and the prices were reasonable. I have eaten here a couple of times and I would recommend eating here to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are You Kidding Me!!!AlanAceCooperDined on 5/11/2014I have been to the Delia's Springfield location many times for lunch. The food is always good and the portions are plentiful. So, when I was looking for someplace to take my wife for Mother's Day, this Delia's popped up. Yes, it is more upscale than the Springfield location, the atmosphere is nice and quaint with the decor matching it's pricing level. Our server, Vitale, was excellent and he was very familiar with the menu. The lamb chops and were amazing! We were very fortunate to find a parking space just steps away from the front door, but there is plenty of parking elsewhere within the development. We left thinking, "This place has been here and we've been missing it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! We will surely return in the very near future.Special Features:
- Delia's Alexandria ReviewBino22153Dined on 5/11/2014From the time we walked in and were greeted, we honestly felt very welcomed in Delia's. Food was great (I had the lamb chops and my wife had the gnocchi), service was outstanding and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceFabulousVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had lunch here on Mother's day and had a wonderful experience. Our server was the best we have had in a long time any where. The food was delicious. I had the grilled octopus, which was outstanding. One person ordered pizza and loved it. The rest of the table had typical middle eastern type dishes and and liked them very much. We would make this restaurant our weekly stop if we lived in the area.Special Features:
- Hubby's bday dinnerBethcoronejoDined on 5/8/2014It was my first time at Delia's and it won't be the last. Food was great and delicious .. My family and I loved the herbed grilled wigs , crostini and mozzarella caprese. I loved my walnut and Gorgonzola spinach salad and we enjoyed the food so much. Service rocks -my server was Sonia and she was very good. Want to go back again and explore the menu some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food movie spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014This restaurant was very nice and comfortable, the food was good and my children loved the lamb chops. I especially like the sauces that they use. It is located right across from the AMC Hoffman theater. Perfect spot for a family movie and dinner night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive and HelpfulDAvidDined on 5/2/2014The service staff were fabulous and the food was more than we could have expected. Their wine list is not exhaustive but all of their selections are excellent choices and reasonable. Overall, we had a great time and a great meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- great authentic foodjudyVIPDined on 4/27/2014If this is your first time here you must try the pizza knuckles. They are the trademark and are worth every calorie! The salads and Mains are amazing. We have been here many times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great deal for great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2014We had a party of seven and we're having trouble finding a place to accommodate us near our hotel. TJ's was perfecto great nightly specials and deliciious food. Monday was 1/2 priced bottles of wine and burgers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!WatkinsDined on 4/6/2014We met friends whom we had not seen in a while for dinner - 5 in our party. We had a wonderful evening and visited for quite a while (did not feel rushed). Food was delicious. Great Mediterranean, pasta and gourmet pizza choices. Desserts were great, also. Definite YES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = YumtmlesteDined on 4/5/2014This was my second time going there (I don't remember the first time or what I had). As for this time, this is the time I will remember. The food was great. The only thing I didn't like about the evening was how close the tables were and how the table was arranged. That could have been done better. My boyfriend got the pasta which was freshly made with rose sauce!!! It had shrimp and lump cake meat in it. Yummy! The lambchop were made to my perfection and you could taste the char from the grill marks. The mashed potatoes were good and the broccolini. Note, if you like molten lava cakes, be sure to tell your waiter/ress ahead of time because it takes 20 mins to make (made fresh).Special Features:
- Special combination of service andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2014These are some of the nicest people you will ever meet in the hospitality business. Without exception they are service and friendly oriented. It seems to be a requirement to work there. The food is outstanding with a broad menu. The hummus plate is out standing. After several dinners we have tried all categories on the menu and everything is good. Delia's is the definition of a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJudyDined on 3/31/2014Service was excellent; waiter was knowledgeable about both food and wine selection. I had the special - rockfish - and it was prepared perfectly, not dry as often happens with fish. Roasted pepper sauce was perfect. ANd, the other three all enjoyed their entrees as well. Best of all, we could really have a catch-up conversation. Enough going on to fell some energy but not so much as to prevent easy conversation. And, we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but Needs a Few Tweaksleebles73VIPDined on 3/22/2014We went here for the first time - we were craving pasta/pizza - and this fit the bill. We were seated next to the bar & kitchen entrance, which I thought was going to be annoying, but turns out it was fine - just a bit loud. Calamari needed another minute in the fryer - breading fell off, and was too chewy. Greek salad was delicious, but would have preferred a more traditional oil/vin style dressing, not the creamy kind provided. Pizza sauce/cheese were good, but crust was dense and chewy signaling that the dough was probably overworked. The linguine with mushrooms and broccoli rabe was very good. Our server was very friendly and attentive even though it was a busy Saturday night. We'd like to try it again.
- Meh!AngusBabyDined on 3/14/2014Still looking for a decent pizza place in Alexandria...this is not it! My wife and I both took our first bite together and then looked at each other and said..." It tastes just like a Digiorno Pizza. Not a horrible flavor, but not any better....Still looking.
- Big portions makes it worthKarenDined on 3/2/2014Big portions makes it worth the money. Most of the food has a lot of flavor. Their pasta sauce (red sauce) was pretty bland though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for After TheaterAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food can be counted on to be interesting and tasty, although this time some of the octopus had been overcooked a bit and the confit lemon in the squid made no appreciable contribution to the mix (unlike previous versions). Service by Vitaly was attentive and pleasant. Beware of prices on call liquors though: $10 for a ounce of JW Black!Special Features:
- Mostly lovely.DLefflerDined on 2/14/2014We are regular diners at Delia's - typically love the service and food, the hostess never recognizes us as repeat customers, the wait staff does. Valentine's Day reservation and our meal was lovely. The server recommended the bistecca toscana for me. I order one medium rare. It was the fattiest piece of meat I've ever consumed. I'm not sure what this cut was, but it had quadrants divided by fat. One quadrant was well done, one was medium rare, the rest were medium. I had a hard time cutting through the membranes of fat. It was unpleasant to eat - although it 'tasted' lovely. I wish I had ordered something else. The server never came back to ask how the meal was until we were obviously ready to go or I would have complained about the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingOliviaDined on 2/11/2014I have been to Delia's many times with friends. Enjoy introducing friends to it. Food is always good, service is dependable and no one cares how long we stay and talk. Lunch or dinner, both are exceptional. Kitchen will change dishes to please customers.Special Features:
- Amazing Lamb ChopsHappyhrqueenVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great restaurant, the service was phenomenal and the food was delicious. It seem like a neighborhood spot, because the people were watching the Olympics and having great food. We were sitting at a booth from behind but when we checked out we noticed how vibrant the bar scene was. Gray restaurant I recommended to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.