1373 Solano Avenue
Albany, CA 94706Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://delhidiner.net/
- Phone: 5105285000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Sunday- 11.30 A.M- 3 P.M
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Take away catering available for outdoor parties
- Entertainment: Live Indian classical music performances on Friday-Saturdays. Also Indian dance performances once a month.
A word from Delhi Diner
Namaste and welcome to Delhi Diner. Our goal is to delight you with most authentic and delectable delicacies from all over India with our ever changing menu that will keep you coming back for more. We use fresh ingredients that are primarily local, organic, natural and sustainable. Also we use halal meat and will be happy to tend to your dietary needs. Looking forward to making your every visit unforgettableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delhi Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Great new find!!!JulesVIPDined on 9/14/2014A MUST for Indian food lovers in the East Bay! We sampled the veggie pakoras, which were yummy and enough for two, easily. My fave was the shrimp tikka masala, if you can eat dairy. For tandoori BBQ, the lamb is excellent, and comes sizzling on plate, tableside. If you're gluten intolerant (or grain intolerant as well), the gluten-free naan is something to skip. The recipe is currently very dry and needs much help with sauces. They are working on improving the moisture and flavor/texture. The rich colors of India envelopes the space—a dark gold tone, reminiscent of turmeric spice, paints building and invites in patrons. Very lux! Overall, it's great spot for delicious Northern Indian cuisine—also great for vegans or vegetarians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!LavenderDined on 7/31/2014If you enjoy Indian food, Delhi Diner is a wonderful addition to Solano Avenue ~ even dishes you can find other places are a lot better here, and there are many specials each night. We especially love the Sev Puri appetizer ~Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Delhi Diner reviews archive.
- Ok but not great!JuneDined on 3/26/2014Dehi Diner tries very very hard. However, on a Thursday night last week I was a bit disappointed, Atmosphere dull (whereas Britt Marie's next door was hopping!) and the food mediocre. The chef should eat at Ajanta where food and atmosphere meld into a delicious and charming whole! Fresher spices, tandoori with more than a few vegetables soaked in oil and more enticing specials would help! And while the owner seemed to feel his wine was superior--I tasted at least 4 reds---they all tasted about the same--thin and dull. Sorry! I know they are trying hard....
- A terriffic meal. A littlealmaVIPDined on 2/23/2014A terriffic meal. A little pricy, but you get great ambiance, great food, nice owner. Want to go back for sure. Worth the trip.
- new Indian restaurant in AlbanyCondorDined on 2/16/2014excellent new place, certainly doesn't feel like a diner. Friendly, warm atmosphere, good food. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local DelhiOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/14/2014We had a family Valentine Day dinner here with not much information on quality of food. We all know and love good food and are big fans of Indian cuisine. So, much to our delight this restaurant was up to our standards. The owner is wonderful, we all agree we would certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!yumyumDined on 2/14/2014What a find this restaurant is. The food is delicious and very reasonably priced. The atmosphere is wonderful, with live Indian music on the weekends. The decor is very tasteful but interesting. My partner claims he doesn't like Indian food, but the owner made sure it wasn't too spicy for him and now he's eager to go again. This was the best Indian food I've ever had. Beyond all that, this place has something I always enjoy and that's a good neighborhood drop-in feel. It doesn't hurt that the owner makes everyone feel like they're part of the family. Don't hesitate to give this place a try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicelopolsbyDined on 1/11/2014Dehli Diner is a perfect restaurant for me and my friends. They enjoy spicy food and I need my food really mild. This restaurant caters to each individual diner and everything tastes delicious. What a wonderful addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Flavors at Dehli DinerMarinaBayResidentDined on 12/31/2013We were worried about yet another Indian place on Solano, but our anxieties were misplaced. Dehli Diner has a unique take on Northern Indian cuisine with new (to me) tastes. Lots of interesting -- and delicious -- specials round out a traditional menu. Everything we had on New Year's Eve was extraordinary -- from the crunchy crab samosas and silky tomato soup to pepper curry chicken and two different kinds of lamb. Desserts are a particularly pleasant surprise. My favorite was the homemade butterscotch ice cream! The ambiance is also warm and friendly, making it a great place to hang out or eat any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New India RestaurantJamyDined on 12/27/2013Excellent, authentic. Owner charming and very attentive to every detail.Special Features: