Deleece Grill Pub (on Clark Street)
3313 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Deleece Grill Pub (on Clark Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deleecegrillpub.com/
- Phone: 7733483313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday: CLOSED, Tues/Wed/Thur: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Fri/Sat: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Myers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do off site catering, specializing in appetizers (finger food). Delivery available.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms in the restaurant so we are able to accommodate parties of up to 30 or 40 guests in each room or we can do private parties in the whole restaurant. We can accommodate 70 people for a sit down dinner or 120 for cocktails and appetizers. We also have a 60 seat patio in the back of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Lynne Wallack 7733483313
- Entertainment: 60 seat garden patio, Fireplace, Big Screen TV
- Special Events: Tues 1/2 price all beer Wednesday & Thursday 1/2 priced wine bottles Special Mac & Cheese on the Weekends
- Cross Street: School Street
- Public Transit: The Belmont red line stop is about two blocks away and the 22 Clark street bus stops right at the corner of Clark and School streets.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet parking (shared with Mia Francesca). Street parking is also available.
A word from Deleece Grill Pub (on Clark Street)
Deleece Grill Pub is a neighborhood restaurant with the same casual sophistication as Deleece on Southport, but here the focus will be on grilled steaks and burgers along with a wide selection of mouth watering sides. The menu boasts eight different steaks including a 10 oz. peppercorn crusted hanger steak with Meadow Creek Grayson, a 14 oz. New York strip covered with grilled onions and Grafton Village 4 yr. white cheddar, and an 18 oz. ribeye with a garlic porcini ragout. The menu has plenty of choices for those not interested in red meat, including shrimp, fish, chicken, and mac and cheese five different ways in addition to a separate artesan cheese menu. The bar features a large beer list of primarily American craft brews in addition to a large American whisky list. In fact, the focus of this restaurant is “American made”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Deleece Grill Pub (on Clark Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
- great brunch options! GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013great brunch options! Good service! Only downside was bad coffee. Our server was great and let us put our easter decorations at our table!Special Features:
- I came here with a large groupMeredithDined on 3/16/2013I came here with a large group for brunch and the service was great. They were timely and polite. They have a $15 endless mimosa brunch deal which was a great deal. We will be back.Special Features:
- It's not quite as good aschrishDined on 3/2/2013It's not quite as good as the original location which has a different menu. This is a little bit more casual. Everything about it was good, but not great. Prices might have been a tad high, but not crazy over-priced. However, it's in a good area, especially if you're going to Blue Man Group for which they offer a discount on dinner which is nice.
- Neighborhood gem with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Enjoyed their take on upscale comfort food. My table had the appetizer pizza, BLT, burger and mac n' cheese. All delicious. Highly recommend the onion rings and the Nueske's bacon was great quality. Wish they had a better mustard besides yellow, like Dijon, but it was ok. Service was very nice too! Highly recommend this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Lobster mac was not good andJCollDined on 3/1/2013Lobster mac was not good and rather expensive for it not being quality lobster meat.
- Food was just ok, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2013Food was just ok, nothing fantastic. Really liked the ambiance, had a fireplace so perfect for a casual date. Went with a group of friends and it was perfect for a group. Just would have wished for better food for the prices.Special Features:
- Deleece is a nice little restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Deleece is a nice little restaurant. My group and I went after a show at Briar Street theater, and it was perfect for a quick, good bite. Their mac and cheese is phenomonal and the bar area and fireplace give the place some asthetic appeal. The service was very good and friendly.
- We kept it simple, I had aOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/17/2013We kept it simple, I had a baconburger with a house salad and flourless chocolate desert and my wife had the carmelized salmon. All was simply perfect. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unfortunately DisatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/11/2013Ambiance and Food were simply Fair, Service was Very Good. We were looking forward to Deleece Grill Pub as we're frequent diners at their Frasca location and like their new location Crosby's kitchen. We showed up at 8pm on a Friday, it was very slow and there was little to no energy in the place. It's a nice looking place however not the same warm vibe as their other locations. My husband loved their stuffed porkchop and my 1/2 roasted chicken was fine - the greens had way too much sauce on them so I didn't eat them and the dark meat part of the chicken wasn't great (flavor/texture) so I didn't eat that either. My husbands bourbon on the rocks was a great pour and my Washington Pinot Noir wasn't very good and I love Washington Pinots.
- This is a great spot to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012This is a great spot to take a date. The place was quiet, and the staff was very friendly. The food was great, I had the mussels, and a Cobb Salad with Lemon vinagrette, it was delicious.
- Great Ambiance & MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012I liked the decor, food and service. Wasn't too excited that some tables had brought their kids along. Not sure it's really a kid-friendly place. It's a little dark and romantic which I liked. The food choices are diverse and the wine & whiskey lists are extensive. Had a great table by the fire and our waiter was great. Wish they had non-alcohol beer choices. Also did not have alcoholic ciders on the beer list so was kind of bummed. Otherwise great place. Will def go again.Special Features:
- The only complaint my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The only complaint my husband had was he ordered a mai tai and he said that he didn't think there was any alcohol in the drink. We didn't say anything though.Special Features:
- Good solid place. PricesRobFVIPDined on 12/8/2012Good solid place. Prices are good food is consistently good. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Really uncomfortable plasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Really uncomfortable plastic chairs. I'm more comfortable at McDonalds. I thought the food was way overpriced. My BLT had charred bacon, I've had better at the Corner Bakery. Everyone else in my party enjoyed the food, but the price was out of wack.
- A pleasant surprise!ChiGuyVIPDined on 10/27/2012Never been here before, but definately would go back. Food was surprisingly very good, service was excellent, and the prices very reasonable. Very much recommend this one!Special Features:
- The food at Deleece was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The food at Deleece was very good, and so was the service. The dining experience was rather quick, but we never felt rushed. Deleece is a quick walk away from the Briar Street Theater, so it made for the perfect dinner before the Blue Man Group show.Special Features:
- The food was awesome. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The food was awesome. There were four people in our group and everyone had something different and we all tried some of what everyone was eating and it was all awesome.Special Features:
- Deleece was DelishWinerDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2012We had a great meal here after enjoying a Cubs game. Kids had the mac and cheese (really good, several selections) and the adults had various sandwiches and all were unique and delicious. We did not try any appetizers or desserts, but the entrees and sides were all wonderful. The stand out sandwich was the beef brisket and the side salad was probably the best I've tried. Instead of complimentary bread, you're served a basket of home made potato chips-a nice alternative.Special Features:
- The food was over priced andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2012The food was over priced and it was about 100 degrees in the dining area.
- Good But InconsistentkwomanDined on 6/23/2012I've been to Deleece a few times now and the food fluctuates. It was amazing once and "meh" the second time. Regardless, if you like a little more upscale American food they try pretty hard. The gourmet mac n' cheese are always consistently good - so you can't go wrong with them. The flank steak is pretty delicious as well. All entrees and appetizers portions are good sized, so unlike other 'foodie' restaurants with similar fare, you might actually leave full and with leftovers. Wine list is decent. Their beer list is better. Atmosphere is romantic and it's never too loud in here. All in all, if you are looking for a quiet intimate dinner with a friend or loved one - this is a good spot.Special Features:
- I was disappointed that someOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2012I was disappointed that some old favorites were no longer onthe menu and that it had been significantly narrowed down. Also disappointed that they didn't have the ingredients for my first two preferred drinks. Seems like there are minimizing everything to stay afloat, which is too bad because I used to really like this place.
- Never dissapoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2012The food was amazing, as always! Eat here everytime I visit Chicago...the mac n' cheese is amazing!Special Features:
- Went to Deleece for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012Went to Deleece for Mother's Day brunch table was set with paper napkins although other tables had cloth napkins, nothing special on the table for mother's day. The restaurant looks better on the website, the chairs were cheap plastic. Ordered the cinnamon roll to start it was huge but dry. Eggs Benedict with lobster was ok except the hollandaise was bland. Bottomless mimosas were not available we were told by our waitress because it was mother's day; and the high volume of customers (made no sense). The mimosas were good but came to the table dripping from the overflow. The only hit that day was the breakfast mac and cheese, flavorful, creamy, and delicious.Special Features:
- All fresh, never frozen food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012All fresh, never frozen food. Delicious!! Cannot wait to go again!! Outstanding staff and fantastic service! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Great food and impressive beer menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012The food was delicious and the beer menu was impressive! Definitely try the macaroni and cheese - you will not be disappointed!! The service wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad either. They weren't very busy, but we didn't see much of our server. We tried to ask for some recommendations and we got the standard "everything is good here" answer. Again, not terrible but not the best. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Housemade potato chips wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Housemade potato chips were a very welcome welcoming snack, and the Great Lakes Whitefish with musturd sauce was probably the best tasting meal I had in a while - licked my plate clean!
- I had the BLT and the breadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2012I had the BLT and the bread was soggy. The chicken sandwich was tasty, but the celery slaw was not good (it was ontop of it). The desserts were not anything special.
- Leave Room for Dessert!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012The homemade potato chips were pretty great, and a nice change from the standard bread basket at the table. My lobster mac-n-cheese special was delicious - and a huge serving! I enjoyed the leftovers for my lunch the next day. Service was attentive and pleasant. My dinner date and I had a delightful time, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Took a group of 6 there forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Took a group of 6 there for the $15 bottomless mimosas at brunch, and loved it.Special Features:
- Not a destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012It was OK - only OK. Can't really comment on noise as it was Sr Patricks and the noise and ambience was affected. Not a bad place place, the fried chicken was well cooked, but bland, the mashed potatoes were slightly unpleasant. I had a salad which was .....ok.Special Features:
- We found DeLeece to be a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2012We found DeLeece to be a great place for a meal before a show at The Vic. Friendly, neighborhood atmosphere with varied menu options. Fried Chicken meal was perfectly cooked and plentiful. BLT was delicious. Service was helpful and relaxed. I plan on returning next time I am close to Clark Street.Special Features:
- good cocktails and a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/3/2012good cocktails and a nice beer selection. service was excellent, helpful & attentive without overbearing. Salmon with black rice was outstanding - absolutely perfectly cooked & seasoned fish & rice. Definitely my new favorite place in this neighborhood - would be perfect for adults for a pre-ballgame dinner as I somehow don't think it'll appeal to the meatheads who tend to select other bars in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food & drinks, a bit priceygwmusicVIPDined on 3/3/2012A little more expensive than you perhaps want to pay, but also not nice enough for an evening out. Perfect for a casual evening out when someone else is paying...
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012My boyfriend and I wanted to try a new restaurant and the menu looked good and it said BYOB. The food was pretty good (however, the lobster mac n cheese was $24???)- I think the prices were out of line with the atmosphere. It has a very 'bar' atmosphere and not very romantic and relaxing... I brought a bottle of wine and was told the corking fee was $10! Which is rediculous since my bottle of wine was $8...The service was good considering there were only 4 tables. Our waitress smelled like cigarettes which is very unappealing as well... All in all... We would not go back.
- strangeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2012my 13 yr old and I had early dinner on a weeknight. we were the only customers until another couple arrived. the room is gorgeous, fabulous colors and photos. the food was ok. i ordered poorly but the cuban sandwich was good as was my son's grilled cheese and tomato soup. the complementary chips were delish. desserts great. i can't figure out what's wrong with this place. mia franchesca next door was packed at the same time (and there was no deal going on, i checked) something is wrong here, but i can't figure it out.
- Deleece Pub and Grill wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2012Deleece Pub and Grill was a great find--the food was excellent (pork chop and the meatloaf we're both very good) and the service was very good (our waiter directed us to the best of the menu). They had a very good wine and beer list and it looks like they have some great drink specials throughout the week.Special Features:
- The service was pretty slow,saranne0113VIPDined on 2/17/2012The service was pretty slow, but in the end, it was worth the wait....the food was great. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Mussle Appetizer was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Mussle Appetizer was very good, wanted the ahi salad but they were out of tuna so I ordered the portabella burger which was fair at best but didn't say anything about, whitefish entree had a bone in it so they gave it to us free as well as free dessertSpecial Features:
- We chose Deleece because itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012We chose Deleece because it was listed on the Blue Man Group website, which we had gone to just before heading for dinner. We were extremely pleased with our server. He was polite, personable and helpful, without being overbearing. And the food was FANTASTIC! We had the bruscetta, the flat iron steak, and the salmon. All three dishes were delicious. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Food was great...as was service.PC8333Dined on 2/11/2012Food was great...as was service. We loved our food, portion size, etc. First time at the restaurant and I'll def. be back.Special Features: