3 Country Club Road
Holyoke, MA 01040Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.logcabin-delaney.com/
- Phone: 4135321800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Corduff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have a special site in mind? The Log Cabin and The Delaney House have been recognized for our innovative, personalized approach to event planning. We are proud to frequently serve Wyckoff Country Club, Holyoke, MA; Wickham Park, Manchester CT and Barney Estates in Springfield MA. Our services are not halted there, we will travel to the location of your choice.
- Entertainment: Every weekend we offer live entertainment in The Mick, from jazz to traditional Irish music. *The Mick only accepts reservations for parties of 6-14 guests.
A word from Delaney's Grill
Everybody has their own idea about what makes a perfect steak. Yes, it always starts with a great cut of 100% Black Angus beef from cattle raised on small farms and fed an all-vegetarian diet to promote superior marbling and outstanding flavor. But which cut is best, the degree to which a steak is cooked, and what best complements a steak"s flavor — well, that's all pretty personal. That's why we at Delaney's Grill take the time to talk to every diner. We show you the cuts we offer, talk to you about rubs that can improve their flavor, and offer recommendations on the best way to cook your steak. And when we deliver your meal, we don't leave the table until we know your steak is cooked to your definition of perfection. Add amazing appetizers, perfect sides and a family-style chop-chop salad and you'll understand why Delaney's Grill is the best for steak in the Valley. View the Delaney's Grill Menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Delaney's Grill - Best Restaurants in Holyoke ›
Delaney's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (30)great for brunch (20)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (11)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014a whole lot of hype over nothing food was marginal at best. sERvice was very good,but that WAS THE only high point of the evening. Dinner for 2 was 100 with out drinks or dessert and for that price, I can certainly do better
- excellent food, long wait, no staffdoobooDined on 8/25/2014I love delaney and it food. Great menu choices, specials, prepared with quality food and skill. Unfortunately not enough servers to handle all diners so a long wait for everything. Really too bad as waitstaff was hustling doing a great job of trying to serve a whole room full of diners. Took us over two hours for dinner and lots of wait time for food and beverage s. Delany food is important but not everything. I will still go back but but only when i have lots of free time to wait. .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...marginal service !!WeloveDelaneyHouseDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary on 8/24 at Delaney House. We come periodically and always enjoy it! Sunday the only difference was the server .... She was running around acting like she was too busy ... Heard her tell the next table that she was working a double and was exhausted ! When she would come by she would ask how we were doing and jet off before one of us could respond . In short, she knew what she needed to do but there was no natural interaction between us....not very pleasant ....part of an enjoyable dining experience is the natural interaction with staff regarding the good and drink! That was missing the other night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchReggaeRoyDined on 8/24/2014My wife brought me and the kids here for brunch for my 55th birthday. Food and service were top notch. Great variety of choices. It is very rare to find a buffet where everything is so good.Special Features:
- great deal for Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We went for the prime rib special which comes with a beer, bread, salad, the entree and dessert. The serving size was huge! My husband entree was a little under-cooked but other than that everything else was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delaney House gets an A+BobLDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. It was a little noisy, being that every table was filled. But overall it was a great experience, and a perfect place for a romantic dinner for two. I would absolutely recommend the Delaney House to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Very disappointed with our meal. My chicken which cost $19 was a small chicken breast that was so tough, I didnt eat it. My son had lobster that was tough and chewy. My husband had scrod which was ok but portion size was very small. The prime rib was good.Special Features:
- Delaney GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The ambience was superb for a romantic dining. The place is very elegant. The food was not that perfect. I had the prime rib cooked to medium and it was a little bit dry. My daughter's rare rib eye came out medium. But that aside, the food was good. The manager came over to apologize and offered my daughter to change her steak, but we did not accept the offer. It was no big deal. The service was not as perfect but the waitress has a lot of guests to attend to that night.Special Features:
- Low low lowPeterVIPDined on 7/7/2014Horrible experience. Food cold, prepared way in advanced. We tried to have a set menu but it was not delivered, actually never got our soup. If you looking to have a nice evening and spent money make sure you don't go there. Sorry place for a restaurant.Special Features:
- OkayOkayDined on 6/25/2014I had high hopes, but it was okay. The service is great, but the food was just not to my liking. I did not like the popovers that came with dinner. I would have preferred a more basic salad, it didn't need the corn, peas, and it needed more dressing. The prime rib I had was fine. The Gorgonzola mac and cheese was the highlight of the meal! I ordered creme brulee for dessert and it was more solid than creamy, but they did bring me another dessert because I did not like that one. My husband ordered an apple turnover and it was so hard he could not eat it. My husband ordered clam chowder and they never brought it or charged us for it. Most restaurants will give you at least one free refill, but they charged for each soda.
- Lovey Sunday BrunchBFPWDined on 6/22/2014A nice redo on the decor here (been going periodically since it opened). To me, brunch buffet should be lots of food choices and a dessert table that overwhelms. That was what we had here! Great selections for both breakfast and lunch. Easy going and fast on the mimosa/coffee refill. A good price for four adults and three kids at $116. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked as usualsatisfiedDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful food, awesome staff, will continue to keep coming back! Live in CT, 40 min drive, and worth every second!Special Features:
- Relaxing Experiencedc31885Dined on 6/15/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and inviting with a touch of old New England charm. If you're looking for a modern, hip place to go this probably isn't the best choice for you. However, if you like a place with charm, excellent food, and great service you can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMikeDined on 6/13/2014Reserved table for 4. Seated promptly. Service was excellent... timely, pleasant and most importantly unobtrusive. Food was very good. Calamari appetizer was cooked perfectly, chopped salad was a favorite as were the pop over rolls. The entrees were all excellent. Petite Fillet with Bistro sauce was tender and had nice flavor. The scallops were large, flavorful and were cooked just shy of perfect. The other 2 entrees ordered were a Fra Diavolo seafood dish. Both said it was among the best Fra Diavolo that they have eaten. We gave Delaney House another try after a not so good dining experience a couple months ago and we were all glad we did. This visit was top notch and they certainly redeemed themselves. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- As AlwaysmmadvVIPDined on 6/10/2014Delaney House has never disappointed us or the friends and family we bring with us.Special Features:
- Disappointing experiencefoodlvr19Dined on 6/9/2014Our steaks came out very overcooked. We sent them back but were not offered anything to eat while the third member of our party ate her dinner. All of our side dishes were lukewarm. One member of our party didn't get her soup. When our steaks finally came out they were good. By that time the third member of our party was almost finished eating though.Special Features:
- Jem in the WoodsLarryDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at the Delaney Grill. I had the seared duck with risotto and green beans. The duck wasn't greasy but it was very tender (you could cut it with a fork), just cooked to perfection. My wife have the Maple Turkey with potatoes, squash and home made gravy. She said it reminded her of Thanksgiving dinner. All of the above was served with their fantastic Chop/Chop salad and out of the world Popovers. This was a great way and place to spend a special occasion, fantastic! Thank you, Larry & MelindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014We met with friends to celebrate my birthday. Delaney House is just one of my most favorite restaurants! Everyone's meal was fabulous and the wait staff are all so attentive. Just the best! We have been to the Delaney House several times and we always love it. Bar is awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvahhhDined on 6/1/2014...Always love go there. Never a bad meal. Very pleasant staff. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- great mealCelebratingDined on 5/31/2014Our anniversary dinner was great. The Delaney's Dilemma was a HUGE amount of food at a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSopoDined on 5/21/2014The steaks here are excellent with some very interesting preparation choices and the service was very friendly. We had to wait a while for the server to take our order and for our food, which wasn't an issue for us because we were taking our time but it's probably not a place for a quick bite. The noise level was quite high when all tables were taken but it was much quieter later in the evening. Great choices for desserts and after dinner drinks too; we loved the tuxedo cake. Would definitely recommend it for a special night out when you're not in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and GoodLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 5/15/2014We stayed in the hotel next door so after traveling, it was great to walk to the restaurant for dinner. My husband had the special of steak medallions and I had the scallops and risotto. They serve a huge popover and chopped salad with all meals which were both delicious . His came with dessert so we shared the banana's Foster. All in all, it was a reasonable price for very good food.Special Features:
- Mothers Day 2014BriHeiDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day brunch selection and presentation was excellent. I have been to the Delaney House many times but this was our first brunch. Definately booking for next Mother's Day and look forward to taking my wife back to The Mick. Thank-you for helping to start Mother's day off right!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day Brunch!SimsburyCTDinerDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mother here for brunch on Mother's Day. We were seated in the library and I really enjoyed the smaller rooms and the cozy setting. The service was excellent. Our server didn't check in too much, but just enough. We never felt rushed and felt welcomed. The food was very delicious and I was impressed with the variety. Omelets made to order were a hit with my mother. There was standard fair: scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, bacon and sausage - all delicious. The home fries were great - huge pieces of potato! The bread pudding was the best I've had. The pork was very tasty as was the tortellini salad. The only negative - very hard in any buffet I've ever attended to keep the food hot from buffet to table to mouth.Special Features:
- All-around satisfactionTallDarkDined on 5/9/2014I can easily recommend Delaney's. The food and service was great, but a bit on the noisy side. The popovers and chopchop salad really add to the charm. Our filet medallions and lamb were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 256 reviews are from the Delaney's Grill reviews archive.
- Poor Service; Decent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The service was not good. We had to clear our own plates. Also, glasses and utenstils were dirty, we had to ask for new ones. Brunch was ok but food needed to be refreshed more. Dessert table was a mess. Not enough untensils. People were using a spoon to get pie, hence pie was a big mess. I would not reccomend this brunch to anyone. Waste of money
- might not returnMikeDined on 5/2/2014We arrived for 7pm and were seated promptly. From there it went down hill. We waited at least 15 mins for our drink order to be place, 25 mins for our appetizer and entree order to be placed. By that time our drinks were empty and we were still waiting. Calamari appetizer (was very good) made it to the table finally and it was gone with in 5 mins. By 8:30 our salads have not been served yet so we put in a complaint about the service. The staff we complained to came out to our table cleared our bread @ appetizer plates,asked us if we would like more drinks and assisted the waitress with the salads that were now on the way. The service improved slightly after that but it was really too late, the tone was set for the evening.Not impressedSpecial Features:
- cold foodmarchingDined on 4/27/2014Food was not good at all. Ants were crawling all over the area that we were sitting in, not only on the table but up the wall and the waiter had to kill a couple of them. That to me was discusting in itself. Every bite of food I ate was cold. I would never recomend this to anyone.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014VERY GOOD FOOD, GREAT SERVICE, VERY NICE ATMOSPHERE--IF YOU ENJOY DINING THIS IS THE PLACESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 4/26/2014The ambiance is excellent, but the doesn't match the elegance of the restaurant. The tomato gorgonzola bisque was bland. Same can be said for the prime rib, It looked fabulous, but lacked any notable beef flavor. On the side were mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley. The potatoes looked like institutional paste, nothing fresh looking about them. The risotto was very good. We decided against dessert. I used to view this restaurant as a fine dining establishment and it certainly was a few years ago. However in the past year I have been twice and consider the food quality to be mediocre. I think your money will be better spent enjoying appetizers and light fare in The Mic, being the bar section.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We have been looking for a great restaurant near UMass for 4 years. Unfortunately, in my son's last year of school, we finally came to Delaney's and loved it. We have been to Delaney's every visit to Amherst since then, and will be having our graduation celebration there with 15 people from Michigan. I love that place!Special Features:
- GREAT!!!mmadvVIPDined on 4/13/2014Delaney House has never disappointed us. Fabulous food, striking atmosphere, terrific service. If you ever want a special restaurant to celebrate or just treat yourself, consider Delaney House.Special Features:
- We sat in a room that wasThePeddlerDined on 4/11/2014We sat in a room that was like a study with a fire place and walls lined with book shelves but tables instead tables of furniture. There was no music playing so it was strange because you could hear the conversations going on at each table.Service was good waitress was attentive and quick but we were there an hour before our main courses came so the cooking is slow. Ordered a mixed drink it was way too strong. A pineapple tequila mix but tasted tequila with a splash of pineapple color you could not taste the pineapple.The popover had no taste. Clam chowder lukewarm. Ordered the Prime rib and Porterhouse. PR was good but the PH ordered med rare was well towards rare. Vegetable medley was very good but the mashed potatoes were very thick.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014We were seated right away in the quiet dining room, and the service was great. Our food came out In just the right increments and was cooked to perfection. We had a very pleasant experience and next time will Stay to have a drink in the bar area where there was live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early might be better!SandKDined on 3/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience, and there were plenty of other menu choices so a return visit is a distinct possibility! We had a 5:00 o'clock reservation, as we planned to see a movie afterwards, and there was a function going on that filled the parking lot quickly. There is valet parking, so if it is crowded you needn't worry about finding a parking space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!Bluzey24Dined on 3/23/2014We went for our anniversary this past Sunday. Everything was amazing, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth itLuvsteakDined on 3/21/2014I had high expectations for this place and they were not met. The steak was over cooked. I asked for medium rare and when I cut into it, it was medium headed toward medium well. The prime rib cut was not prime at all. Tasted more like a choice cut. My fiancé had the same to say about her steak. There was no way I was going to send it back and wait another hour to recieve a steak the way I asked for it. The server was not bad although she had a case of the dropsies all night. I don't mind spending a pretty penny at a restaurant as long as the food is worth it. It's all about the food for me. I honestly could have got an equal or possibly better tasting steak at The Long Horn Steakhouse for half the price.Special Features:
- Incredible dining expereince.HDT1Dined on 3/16/2014Food (Steak) was incredible and service was an absolute pleasure. I took my wife here for a special occasion and it did not disappoint. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Experience was just "Good"ChrissyDined on 3/9/2014We dined on a Sunday evening with a party of four. Table was ready immediately. Meals were good overall but nothing that 'wowed' us. Filet was tasty however the potatoes and vegetables that were served with the meal were not warm. Portions were sufficient and presentation done well. Prime Rib was tasty however more fat than usual. Did not like the chop salad. This is usually one of our favorites however their version was more like a slaw with the amount of dressing it was swimming in. The table we dined on was right in the middle of a group of tables placed close together and we felt the setup could have improved the dining ambiance. Overall we were expecting a bit more from the Delaney House.
- A Great Place for BrunchSunnyBDined on 3/2/2014With a wide variety of food, Delaney Grill has something for everyone. Their breakfast assortment is phenomenal and their lunch dishes were delicious. They have a nice assortment of both salads and desserts (including, my favorite, chocolate fondue, and my kids' favorite, a make-your-own-sundae bar). My only criticism is that the pancakes and the carving station meats were a little dried out, however, offering lamb at the carving station was a huge hit! All in all, Delaney Grill's brunch was the perfect way to enjoy my daughter's 25th birthday with her family and friends. Everyone left with a smile and a guarantee to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.