3 Country Club Road
Holyoke, MA 01040Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.logcabin-delaney.com/
- Phone: (413) 532-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Corduff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have a special site in mind? The Log Cabin and The Delaney House have been recognized for our innovative, personalized approach to event planning. We are proud to frequently serve Wyckoff Country Club, Holyoke, MA; Wickham Park, Manchester CT and Barney Estates in Springfield MA. Our services are not halted there, we will travel to the location of your choice.
- Entertainment: Every weekend we offer live entertainment in The Mick, from jazz to traditional Irish music. *The Mick only accepts reservations for parties of 6-14 guests.
A word from Delaney's Grill
Everybody has their own idea about what makes a perfect steak. Yes, it always starts with a great cut of 100% Black Angus beef from cattle raised on small farms and fed an all-vegetarian diet to promote superior marbling and outstanding flavor. But which cut is best, the degree to which a steak is cooked, and what best complements a steak"s flavor — well, that's all pretty personal. That's why we at Delaney's Grill take the time to talk to every diner. We show you the cuts we offer, talk to you about rubs that can improve their flavor, and offer recommendations on the best way to cook your steak. And when we deliver your meal, we don't leave the table until we know your steak is cooked to your definition of perfection. Add amazing appetizers, perfect sides and a family-style chop-chop salad and you'll understand why Delaney's Grill is the best for steak in the Valley. View the Delaney's Grill Menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Delaney's Grill - Best Restaurants in Holyoke ›
Delaney's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (39)good for groups (24)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (14)scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- The GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Our experience at The Grill was wonderful, service was great and the food and drinks were delicious! Would definitely recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TleaceDined on 11/16/2014Worth the visit. Food was exceptional. Well balanced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLarryDined on 11/9/2014We had their Sunday Brunch and very thing was outstanding. We can't say enough about this exquisite place right down to the valet parking.Special Features:
- Top Service and mealAdderley3CVIPDined on 11/8/2014This space delivers on service and food with portions to please all. The staff has a sense of humor and are helpful as you navigate a menu with so much to choose. The asparagus fries are crispy, steaks tender, salad plentiful, so don't over do it or you won't have room for dessert as I did. Oh well next time for the sweets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outFoodie12Dined on 11/8/2014The only complaint I can make is the noise level from a wedding across the lobby. Once the doors to the dining room were closed it was much better, but you could still here the noise from the wedding. We went for a romantic night out and had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuidoDined on 10/30/2014Evening was comfortable and the service was spectacularSpecial Features:
- Excellent as usual!ICantThinkOfaNicknameDined on 10/25/2014Took my in laws to the Delaney House for their anniversary dinner. It was their first time there, and they raved about it. The food was excellent, the server was friendly, the atmosphere was warm and inviting. We had a wonderful time! The only recommendation I have that would encourage me to go there more often, is that there was not any really healthy (lower calorie) options on the menu. I am sure if I asked for grilled chicken and steamed vegetables, and a salad with no dressing, they may have accommodated, but I do not like asking for special meals, so I wish it was a menu option. However, the food there is worth splurging on!Special Features:
- Great special occasion restaurantDianeBDined on 10/23/2014Delaney is the go to restaurant for any special occasion for me and my husband. We were there Thursday night to celebrate a birthday and had a very enjoyable evening. The food is consistently good, the service friendly and attentive. We recommend Delaney to people all the time and we always hear how much they like it afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJREDFDined on 10/14/2014Nice place to go on your wedding anniversary. Check out the "Grab a bite/Stay the night" Package. Well worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsmmadvVIPDined on 10/11/2014Never fails to impress. Food, Service, Atmosphere, always the best. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- My sons engagement celebrationGlock21Dined on 10/11/2014I reserve your restaurant for my most important events. I took a party of 5 there this Saturday. I dropped $250 on a meal ( no alcohol) and could not hear my wife speaking next to me. There was some kind of disco event happening in the bar area and the noise was ridiculous and not what you would expect at a $50 a plate meal.Special Features:
- TimSticka4kinitDined on 10/9/2014We had guests from out of town and brought them here for dinner. Two days later they are still raving about the food. It is our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great inn and resturantcaptmikeVIPDined on 10/9/2014great Inn and Resturant Had dinner in the dining room vs the grill / bar area Food and service was great. I was stuffed between the pastry puff soup and huge salad I made it halfway thru my entree which was a NY strip and left no room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJDGoodDined on 10/8/2014We dined with friends. All of us ordered the rack of lamb, which was excellent - although the rub was slightly on the salty side. Patrons could request slightly less salt. The sides were excellent as was the dessert. We had a package with the neighboring D Hotel and Suites. A real value and an excellent place to stay in addition to a great place to dine. Highly recommended for those in the Holyoke area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightjkdd4Dined on 10/1/2014We had a lovely dinner - the prime rib special. Everything was delicious and it was a nice relaxed dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The beef was excellent and it was nice to have the chop salad and popovers before the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaktasticTenaftertenVIPDined on 9/23/2014We both had steak. Ribeye and filet. They have a nice choice of various toppings that are pretty interesting. Both were cooked perfectly. Waitresses look like they have been there forever and do a great job. Salad was great as well Was visiting a friend in the area. Pleasant surprise. Older crowd but I was looking at my girlfriend when I wasn't staring into my plate.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBarbqueWaDined on 9/21/2014We went to their Sunday buffet brunch. The selection was great, both for breakfast and lunch. We enjoyed everything we tried, including the desserts. In addition, even though it was a buffet, the service was excellent. Plates cleared away and drinks refreshed when needed. When we travel again to this area we would come back to eat and probably stay at the attached hotel as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchSkip2it2Dined on 9/21/2014There was a wonderful assortment of foods to try. The omlet station is well run (and delivered a fabulous omelet exactly to my specifications). We all enjoyed the any dessert choices, too. We will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful servicequizzicalqDined on 9/20/2014We came here for the first time for our 10th wedding anniversary. The dining room was full so we were offered a private room upstairs. It was a great experience from the delicious food and steak to the fabulous service. We were certainly well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal!CarolWDined on 9/20/2014We attended a wedding and reception at the Delaney House 4 years ago and vowed to come back for dinner. We finally had the opportunity to do so and were not at all disappointed. Their menu had a variety but not too much and each item was fabulous. We didn't feel rushed and weren't kept waiting for each course. Definitely worth the trip!Special Features:
- FantasticB4dabeatDined on 9/14/2014Customer service was better than anywhere I've been before. It was my anniversary and I was able to drop off my wife's gift the day before. When we arrived it was on the table and staged perfect. My wife was surprised and extremely happy. The food was top notch and five star quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with my familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014This is our subsequent visit after my review a few weeks ago. The food did not come out as we ordered. There were 3 of us. This time, everything was perfect and delicious. The popover was excellent. My prime rib came out as I ordered this time - medium rare. The other dishes were also perfectly cooked. The manager was so gracious and wrote me an email to ask for my name and address the last time so that he could send me gift certificates. I declined at first but he insisted. It was so generous of them. So I added more people to this visit this time. There were 7 of us. This is an example of good management. We certainly will go back every time we have guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014a whole lot of hype over nothing food was marginal at best. sERvice was very good,but that WAS THE only high point of the evening. Dinner for 2 was 100 with out drinks or dessert and for that price, I can certainly do better
- excellent food, long wait, no staffdoobooDined on 8/25/2014I love delaney and it food. Great menu choices, specials, prepared with quality food and skill. Unfortunately not enough servers to handle all diners so a long wait for everything. Really too bad as waitstaff was hustling doing a great job of trying to serve a whole room full of diners. Took us over two hours for dinner and lots of wait time for food and beverage s. Delany food is important but not everything. I will still go back but but only when i have lots of free time to wait. .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...marginal service !!WeloveDelaneyHouseDined on 8/24/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary on 8/24 at Delaney House. We come periodically and always enjoy it! Sunday the only difference was the server .... She was running around acting like she was too busy ... Heard her tell the next table that she was working a double and was exhausted ! When she would come by she would ask how we were doing and jet off before one of us could respond . In short, she knew what she needed to do but there was no natural interaction between us....not very pleasant ....part of an enjoyable dining experience is the natural interaction with staff regarding the good and drink! That was missing the other night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchReggaeRoyDined on 8/24/2014My wife brought me and the kids here for brunch for my 55th birthday. Food and service were top notch. Great variety of choices. It is very rare to find a buffet where everything is so good.Special Features:
- great deal for Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We went for the prime rib special which comes with a beer, bread, salad, the entree and dessert. The serving size was huge! My husband entree was a little under-cooked but other than that everything else was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delaney House gets an A+BobLDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. It was a little noisy, being that every table was filled. But overall it was a great experience, and a perfect place for a romantic dinner for two. I would absolutely recommend the Delaney House to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Very disappointed with our meal. My chicken which cost $19 was a small chicken breast that was so tough, I didnt eat it. My son had lobster that was tough and chewy. My husband had scrod which was ok but portion size was very small. The prime rib was good.Special Features:
- Delaney GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The ambience was superb for a romantic dining. The place is very elegant. The food was not that perfect. I had the prime rib cooked to medium and it was a little bit dry. My daughter's rare rib eye came out medium. But that aside, the food was good. The manager came over to apologize and offered my daughter to change her steak, but we did not accept the offer. It was no big deal. The service was not as perfect but the waitress has a lot of guests to attend to that night.Special Features:
- The following 274 reviews are from the Delaney's Grill reviews archive.
- Low low lowPeterVIPDined on 7/7/2014Horrible experience. Food cold, prepared way in advanced. We tried to have a set menu but it was not delivered, actually never got our soup. If you looking to have a nice evening and spent money make sure you don't go there. Sorry place for a restaurant.Special Features:
- OkayOkayDined on 6/25/2014I had high hopes, but it was okay. The service is great, but the food was just not to my liking. I did not like the popovers that came with dinner. I would have preferred a more basic salad, it didn't need the corn, peas, and it needed more dressing. The prime rib I had was fine. The Gorgonzola mac and cheese was the highlight of the meal! I ordered creme brulee for dessert and it was more solid than creamy, but they did bring me another dessert because I did not like that one. My husband ordered an apple turnover and it was so hard he could not eat it. My husband ordered clam chowder and they never brought it or charged us for it. Most restaurants will give you at least one free refill, but they charged for each soda.
- Lovey Sunday BrunchBFPWDined on 6/22/2014A nice redo on the decor here (been going periodically since it opened). To me, brunch buffet should be lots of food choices and a dessert table that overwhelms. That was what we had here! Great selections for both breakfast and lunch. Easy going and fast on the mimosa/coffee refill. A good price for four adults and three kids at $116. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked as usualsatisfiedDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful food, awesome staff, will continue to keep coming back! Live in CT, 40 min drive, and worth every second!Special Features:
- Relaxing Experiencedc31885Dined on 6/15/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and inviting with a touch of old New England charm. If you're looking for a modern, hip place to go this probably isn't the best choice for you. However, if you like a place with charm, excellent food, and great service you can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMikeDined on 6/13/2014Reserved table for 4. Seated promptly. Service was excellent... timely, pleasant and most importantly unobtrusive. Food was very good. Calamari appetizer was cooked perfectly, chopped salad was a favorite as were the pop over rolls. The entrees were all excellent. Petite Fillet with Bistro sauce was tender and had nice flavor. The scallops were large, flavorful and were cooked just shy of perfect. The other 2 entrees ordered were a Fra Diavolo seafood dish. Both said it was among the best Fra Diavolo that they have eaten. We gave Delaney House another try after a not so good dining experience a couple months ago and we were all glad we did. This visit was top notch and they certainly redeemed themselves. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- As AlwaysmmadvVIPDined on 6/10/2014Delaney House has never disappointed us or the friends and family we bring with us.Special Features:
- Disappointing experiencefoodlvr19Dined on 6/9/2014Our steaks came out very overcooked. We sent them back but were not offered anything to eat while the third member of our party ate her dinner. All of our side dishes were lukewarm. One member of our party didn't get her soup. When our steaks finally came out they were good. By that time the third member of our party was almost finished eating though.Special Features:
- Jem in the WoodsLarryDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at the Delaney Grill. I had the seared duck with risotto and green beans. The duck wasn't greasy but it was very tender (you could cut it with a fork), just cooked to perfection. My wife have the Maple Turkey with potatoes, squash and home made gravy. She said it reminded her of Thanksgiving dinner. All of the above was served with their fantastic Chop/Chop salad and out of the world Popovers. This was a great way and place to spend a special occasion, fantastic! Thank you, Larry & MelindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014We met with friends to celebrate my birthday. Delaney House is just one of my most favorite restaurants! Everyone's meal was fabulous and the wait staff are all so attentive. Just the best! We have been to the Delaney House several times and we always love it. Bar is awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.