5936 W Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delanceyhollywood.com/
- Phone: (323) 469-2100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday 6:00pm - 11:00pm. Bar open until 2am 7 nights a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Delancey
Delancey Bar & Pizzeria offers a house-made menu including thin-crust pizza, pastas, bruschetta, contorni, salads, and more. A bustling and popular neighborhood venue, we feature 35 artisinal beers, a well tailored wine list, and a serious spirits collection. Accommodating for couples to large parties, Delancey also features a private dining room for intimate private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Delancey - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Delancey reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)romantic (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Loved the vibe of the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Very good food and the people there were friendly and kind. I like the music they place and also the it has a nice chill vibe to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it were only half as noisy...Joe99Dined on 11/14/2014Great food. Terrific draft beer--both in selection and freshness. I suspect part of the reason for this is that they're busy enough to sell lots of beer. Which leads me to my one huge caveat: on a Friday night, it was way too loud for us! I'd been in for lunch where this is not a problem. So in the future, I'll stick to that or aim for an off hour or wait for nice weather and sit at one of handful tables out front on Sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzakosdDined on 11/7/2014The food was really good. However the service was ok. There wasn't any info provided by the server or on the menu on portion sizes. Also our server was attentive but not very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and Fair PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/7/2014Not a large establishment, but the atmosphere is inviting. Prices are fare and lunch specials are great. Service was attentive but wait staff could use a little more training (they don't introduce themselves, mention specials (if there are ones), or discuss some dishes that either they personally like or just commonly popular). It gets rackety pretty quickly, and the place wasn't even full. Music could be lowered a bit so diner don't struggle to hear conversations. For the neighborhood, this is a really decent place to get solid food, drink, and hospitality.Special Features:
- 2nd time does not disappointtdoggDined on 10/25/2014Early reservation so uncrowded when we arrived, but place filled up throughout our hour meal. Food was terrific -- short rib special was delicious as were the meatballs. Wine we chose was a bit disappointing (Barolo). Will be back again.Special Features:
- Thoroughly solid and unpretentiousRobertDeckerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Booked a table for 3 at last minute on a Saturday night. First time diners. Extremely pleased with all the food. Antipasto and pasta dishes very well prepared and offered with generous servings. Wild boar gnocchi was particularly outstanding. Very very good price/value. Place is somewhat loud, so not good for hard of hearing oldsters, but our middle-aged group found it an upbeat, fun place to be out on a Saturday night in Central Hollywood. Service was quite fast and friendly too.Special Features:
- Love the foodLenabugDined on 10/7/2014Love the Italian food here. The cherry tomatoe bruschetta is the best I've ever had! The spaghetti and meatballs are delicious and the roasted chicken is amazing! I think my only complaint is the size and it gets a bit noisy. But the food makes it worth it.Special Features:
- Great PlacejkfoodDined on 9/15/2014this is a great place with dynamic menu that really rocks and the service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014Loved, loved ,loved the fried artichokes! The pasta and pizza were great too. I loved the taste of the Caesar salad, but wish it was not "deconstructed". Would rather have it mixed up, to get all the favors in each bite.Special Features:
- evieVIPDined on 8/19/2014Loved the atmosphere. Reminded me of the taverns in New York. Loved the feeling of the place. A little loud - but happy. Would definitely go back. And if it wasn't for Open Table, I would never have gone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!JanwDined on 8/15/2014I live in the neighborhood and have driven by Delancey many times. We finally made it in and I wish I hadn't waited so long! We were greeted by very friendly staff. Great menu and fun ambience. Seemed like a lot of repeat customers and locals. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Pleasently Suprised!LepiresDined on 8/5/2014First time at this restaurant just down from Vine on Sunset. From the outside it doesn't look like much and neither does the inside (fairly small), however, the service and food was top notch. 3 of us had a wide selection of their salads and main dishes, which the chief prepared beautifully. Service as top notch.Special Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Delancey reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood Joint!K2HguyVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food at Delancey's is so-so: I thought the sauce on "the city's best spaghetti and meatballs" was a little watery, but the meatballs were pretty tasty. My husband had the trout special, which was slightly side. Our waiter was extremely attentive and made up for a lot, however. The beer selection is impressive, and the place has a nice neighborhood bar feel.Special Features:
- Good Eats in HollywoodSteveLADined on 7/26/2014Delancey has great food and great service. It says pizzeria and the pizza's are great, but it's much much more. An Italian Delicacy.Special Features:
- robinVIPDined on 7/20/2014Loved everything we ordered- the cauliflower, pasta, pizza and salad. Good service from our waiter.Special Features:
- Charming, simple ItalianLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 7/17/2014Very comfortable and casual Italian eatery specializing in gourmet pizzas. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceMarkMMDined on 6/20/2014The server should have told us that one pizza are big enough for two...we ordered two without knowing and then they did not give us plates but put two large pizza in front of us...when I asked the waiter about why he had not told us about the size of the pizza...he just shrugged.Special Features:
- DelanceyFoodiejessVIPDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant ambiance was great...very NY feel. Brick and dark and perfect for groups of friends. We had a group of 6 and each of us were equally impressed with the food. The pizzas were insanely great with some of the best dough I've had! I recommend the La Fayette it was delish! The chopped salad was great and the Lamb Ragu pasta was insane! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I miss the short rib pappardelle.fernVIPDined on 4/13/2014I miss the short rib pappardelle. They need to bring it back, we've been going here for over 3 years, I get the same thing. You can't change things up on me. :(Special Features:
- Loved the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Food is very good, not expensive compared to other places, busy bar scene, if you're looking for a quiet spot this is not the place for you. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I chose the place because of the ambiance, but that's about it. Pizza was cardboard, the waiter was an obnoxious and unfriendly. It was so loud that it ruined the decor. Not a good place. Way overpriced too.
- Surprise Italian in HollywoodtdoggDined on 2/1/2014On Sunset in the less desirable part of Hollywood (but not super sketchy). Room small but nice, reminiscent of Italian you might find in NY (but slightly "created" as obviously it's a newer restaurant). Food is SUPERB: appys are terrific, great 'za, pastas (on the night we attended the different noodles were handmade) just slightly eclectic but delicious. Prices moderate. Wine list small and inexpensive, but not corporate. Only issue less than friendly waiter who seemed more interested in other diners he seemed to recognize. Service deliberate early on, but once food ordered, plated surprisingly rapidly. Joint should make a MINT when hirise under construction across the street is completed. Parking an issue -- only street parking on Sunset.Special Features:
- noisiest place ever !!!ToniDined on 1/31/2014first second I walk in I looked at my friends and wanted to turn around and leave, good we stayed as the food was really good, much better as expected for a place with such a bar crowd, I wouldn't drive across town to spend an evening here, but if you live/are in the neighborhood and are not noise sensitive it's a great place to grab a bite, short but ok wine list, good and efficient serviceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic local findJoshVIPDined on 1/16/2014We arrived late for our reservation and sat at the bar while waiting on our table. Drew was bartending and after ordering a drink and chatting with him we decided to have our dinner at the bar. First, we split the WIld Arugala with Beets which was delicious and plenty for two. Then came one of the best pasta dishes I've had in quite some time. The Papardelle with Braised Short Rib is out of this world. Drew knows the menu and added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was greatFoodeaterDined on 1/15/2014Great place to catch up wih a friend, ambience great for conversation and splitting a delicious pizza. Pizza menu was creative and it was hard to choose one! Can't wait to come back to try another. Service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood GemPhotoJaxLADined on 1/10/2014The pizzas are delicious! One of my favorite Hollywood spots. A true neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Acustics made it very difficultTomWVIPDined on 1/9/2014Acustics made it very difficult to have a conversation. Music was way to loud.Special Features:
- Good timesTSmoothDined on 12/29/2013I initially had reservations for 10, but my group had doubled andi couldn't change the reservation online. I called Delancey and they had no problem with adding to the reservation.upon arrival we were greeted and the tables were set and ready to go. Throughout the night the server was attentative and have great suggestions on the food and drinks to compliment what we were eating. Overall great experience and I look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!TracyKDined on 12/27/2013This was our first visit to Delancey. What a great choice. Pizza and pasta were fabulous. Went before seeing a show at the Pantages. Can't wait to go back with friends. We had our 9 yr old twins with us and although it's more of an adult restaurant we didn't feel out of place in this casual neighborhood eatery. If we lived closer this would be a regular dining place for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDNeighborDined on 12/6/2013Even half full, and maybe that's part of the noise problem, it was really, really loud-bad acoustics.Special Features:
- Amazing food but lose the waiter.JustfortodaybjmDined on 12/6/2013I come here like 2 times a month because the food is amazing! Best Penne a la vodka ever!!! Now the waiter who helped us could not have been any worse. I swear he never fails to amaze me. This place is a gem but lose this guy! The kitchen guys who bring out the food are more attentive than the waiter (not good). I love the kitchen guys ! They are so nice. Asked for water. Brings me 2 empty glasses and a jug of water and leaves. Uh sorry but i have had great service here and every where and the water should be poured. There is so much more but from the first impressions this guy should work at the DMV. The 2 times he has waited us i felt so unwantedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizzas and Cozy AtmosphereTHECANVASDESIGNDined on 11/20/2013Just visited after I saw many good reviews on Yelp. I enjoyed this place. Very cozy, small, not big but good small. Servers were polite and nice enough. Love their Horatio Pizza! Really liked it. Papardelle (pasta) was just alrighty. But Penne alla Vodka is simply good and clean. Cozy mood with good bar area. Location is good cuz there are many good places for fun nearby. Parking is an issue, but worth to try to find a street parking.Special Features:
- The Best PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013Some of the best specialty pizza around. Allagash Curieux on tap. Nice rustic old world romantic atmosphere. Accommodated changes in our reservations and party size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the pizzaRyanGVIPDined on 11/10/2013One of our favorite pizza places. Always amazing! Pastas, salads, etc. are all solid. Great beers and wines as well. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant suprisejeffVIPDined on 10/11/2013Enjoyed a modern take on italian favorites. The pizza was especially good. Looking forward to returning soon
- Nice spot--especially if youZooeyGVIPDined on 10/1/2013Nice spot--especially if you are going to Pantages or the Fonda.. Much better than the attitude at the W right down the street.. Clam were great so was the braised pork cheeks. All the food was great with a very mellow, relaxed environment even once it started to get busy. Check it out.Special Features:
- Pizza and beer...mlmkkmDined on 9/27/2013We were looking simply for a place with good pizza and beer...decided to check out Delancey and we loved it! It's dark, cozy and warm - they have a great tap list, and the pizza was pretty bomb! They have other good food on the menu, but we stuck with the pizza list and ordered calamari, which was a good portion. Glad we came here!Special Features:
- Wonderful, As Always!TrishaVIPDined on 9/20/2013Took another set of friends to dinner, and as always we all loved it! Wish parking before the valet was easier, but otherwise a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried this restaurant on theSuzanne5266Dined on 9/13/2013Tried this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. Was not disappointed! We stopped in for an early dinner before a show and it was not too busy... however, once we finished .. all tables were full. Loved the cherry tomato bruschetta and the butternut squash ravioli in brown butter sauce. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksLNB39VIPDined on 8/22/2013This place was perfect. The drinks were outstanding, the chicken was cooked to perfection and the support staff were extremely helpful. It was very romantic although I wasn't on a date. The waiter could have been a little friendlier but since the food, drinks and support staff were so great, it didn't matter so much. Also,the price for the quality can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.