Del Mar Rendezvous
1555 Camino Del Mar, Suite 102
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Del Mar Rendezvous
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmarrendezvous.com/
- Phone: 8587552669x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00-8:30pm Monday - Saturday: 4:30 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Chu Jung Su
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our web site to view our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available. Please contact Dan or Kevin at (858) 755-2669 to inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Dan or Kevin 8587552669x
- Cross Street: Paseo de las Flores
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: On Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays please allow extra time for parking as the Del Mar Plaza parking lot can get quite busy. We validate parking for two hours for self-parking. Valet parking is available for $8 at the Del Mar Plaza. There is also a metered parking lot on 15th street just west of Camino del Mar on the right side before the post office.
A word from Del Mar Rendezvous
Voted Best Chinese, Best Vegetarian, and Best Gluten-Free in San Diego, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and extended patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business lunches or family dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Mar Rendezvous reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (42)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (28)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (15)romantic (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fabulous and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Having been gluten free since before it was cool it's always wonderful to find a restaurant with a full GF menu, which they have. I bring friends there for lunch whenever I can – it's a great place for sharing food and everything is always fresh and scrumptious.Special Features:
- Going down hillyabbadoobieDined on 8/22/2014Really used to love this place. However, recently the quality has been down. Food is inconsistent. Recent follies, walnut shrimp that was not adequately fried. Inner shell batter was still wet and mealy. Peppery calamari coating batter too thick and not consistently peppered. Tofu/Vegetable dish had broccoli that was burned on the florets to where it was bitter. This place is really pricey and can't afford missteps like this.Special Features:
- Del Mar Rendezvoux2foodloversDined on 8/21/2014Once again, we had a great meal with excellent service. It's become one of our favorite spots. The wine list is terrific and very good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmaggieinlgDined on 8/15/2014Dinner here was, as always wonderful. Their dishes are always a little on the unusual side and always excellent. We are always pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- ChrissieVIPDined on 8/14/2014My waiter Anthony was so gracious, friendly and efficient, he made my lunch memorable. His smile was always there with his good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatest restaurantmomoDined on 8/13/2014Amazing evening.... "5" star food and "5" star staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Dim Sum2foodloversDined on 8/7/2014We really enjoy the expanded Dim Sum menu. It's so good that we haven't tried the main dishes in a while. I wish that the kitchen didn't close so early at lunch time. It would be better if the kitchen was open until at least 3. The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealCrochetsmithDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at Del Mar Rendezvous several times now and have never been disappointed. They have the most flavorful Wor Wanton Soup I've ever had and the Honey-Glazed Spareribs are fantastic. This time I decided to try something spicy so I ordered the Seafood XO. It was wonderful! My SIL ordered the Lemon Chicken and said that it was very tasty as well. There was also enough food that we both took home some. For another night's meal. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it...Special Features:
- CindyVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time dining here. There were some hits and misses with our order. The server recommended the lettuce wraps which were terrible, but they did take it off of our bill. Nice wine list and priced well. WIll definately try this place again.
- Small dark seating area - good foodMom2fourDined on 8/1/2014I thought this was one of the plaza's upper level restaurants with nice views when I booked it so I was surprised to find it on the street level and be seated at a tight, dark corner booth along the back wall. Food was ok. I ordered off the gluten free menu and my shrimp fried rice was white rice with some egg and 12 shrimp. Pretty bland. My friends thought their dishes were very good. We had lettuce wraps to start which were good once we found the waiter and reminded him to bring the sauce that went with it. Overall it was just ok. I probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFJanoDined on 8/1/2014We really appreciate the gluten-free menu as well as the staff's awareness of the needs of their gluten-free diners. Great service! Thank you.Special Features:
- Better than BeijinggoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 7/30/2014Peking Duck at Del Mar Rendezvous surpasses that served in Beijing at restaurant visited by Nixon.Special Features:
- Shanghai Dumplings2foodloversDined on 7/30/2014Love the expanded dim sum offerings and that you offer dim sum for dinner. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese Food Ever!!alchelesnikDined on 7/25/2014I'm not really a Chinese Food fan, but I think I've been converted!! Outstanding food and service. We thought perhaps with the locale, we might get good food but in tiny portions like most "fancy" restaurants. We were pleasantly surprised with perfect sized portions of amazing food. The beef was so tender, it melted in our mouths. We can't wait to go back and next time, we'll bring our 7 year because he'll love it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time recently with out of town guests. I was compelled by high reviews. Our table was ready at 6pm the and server came promptly to offer drinks. (which we did not order) An eggroll appetizer was offered at no charge and was very good. We asked our server for some specifics about several dishes, and ordered. Our orders took some time to come out. I believe my water glass was filled 5 times before we saw any food. Food was above average, comparable to our local Chin's, but more expensive. What annoyed me was the constant interruption from staff/management! Someone would come by and interject in our private conversation or fill a water glass every 5 minutes, the whole night long.Special Features:
- JBirdDined on 7/23/2014Best Hot and Sour Soup I have ever eaten! Great service and very friendly staff. Always enjoy the Walnut Shrimp and the duck wraps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated & overpricedgourmanDined on 7/22/2014This place being best Chinese restaurant in Del Mar five years running means real Chinese food fans should travel to another North County town if they want good Chinese fare. The hot and sour soup was neither- it's just egg drop soup with soy sauce added for color with one piece of tofu and one paper-thin mushroom. The entrees were just okay, but the prices were outrageously high. We spend a week at a nearby spa every summer and will never go to Del Mar Rendezvous again.
- SamalsarVIPDined on 7/17/2014Recommended by friends so we took our Vegan guests. Nice staff, quick service, good vegan choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealCrochetsmithDined on 7/13/2014Now that the County Fair is over we returned to Del Mar Rendezvous recently. We had been avoiding the traffic, but we missed the great food. It was such a pleasure to taste those honey glazed spareribs again! They are so tender and the meat just falls off the bones. We also had one of my favorite dishes, the Five Spice Braised Beef. Here too the meat is wonderfully tender and the baby bok choy is a perfect accompaniment. The servings are large enough that I was able to bring almost half of this dish along with some of the wor wanton soup home for a second excellent meal this week. The service here is always excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good FoodNuncProTuncDined on 7/12/2014Great food and wonderful vegetarian menu that has a lot of vegan options as well. The service was great and the food was flavorful. I found there too be too much sweet flavors at times but you could ask for spicier.Special Features:
- Favorite in Del MarFreddo42Dined on 7/5/2014Another wonderful evening meal at Rendezvous. Our party started in Coronado and found ourselves running late for a 7:00 pm reservation. A call ahead meant no- problems and we were met with a warm and gracious welcome! The service has been getting better and better and it's clear that this is from a dedicated management that has a great focus on the details that make dining gracious and comfortable. The food is consistently well prepared and for our taste, some of the best Chinese cusine in San Diego. That's what makes this a local favorite for us and so many others.Special Features:
- Two thumbs up!PaulysPicks4388Dined on 6/28/2014Yummy food at reasonable prices; great and friendly service. A local gem. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!GailCVIPDined on 6/28/2014Del Mar Rendezvous is always a perfect choice for lunch. This time we were in need of vegetarian options and we found lots of delicious choices! My friend and I enjoyed the ample portions and even took home some leftovers. I now will be recommending Del Mar Rendezvous to my veggie friends!Special Features:
- KiranDined on 6/22/2014Some of the food items were nice. They messed up the order for us, we asked for veggie Singapore Konnyaku which is supposed to be spicy, but what we got was no where close to be even mildly spicy. Another friend ordered with egg same dish, which was totally different. The waiter also forgot to put our fried rice order. It felt we were a burden for the waiter that day, he didn't even smile. Other people who came to put the food on table were more friendly.Special Features:
- Unique Asian CuisineRBG831Dined on 6/21/2014The menu is very eclectic with a remarkably interesting take on standard Chinese themes, as well as many Japanese favorites. Excellent quality preparation and one of the finest, least expensive wine lists in San Diego County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid - good experienceJmdaDined on 6/17/2014This was a spot recommended by locals - menu was extensive and food was quite good! Decent wine list and plenty of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special diets!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This is the ONLY Chinese restaurant my family can eat at, due to many special dietary needs. The staff at Del Mar Rendezvous is always so patient and accommodating, and we love the food. This has become one of our "go to" places to eat - great for those of us who need to scrutinize the ingredients, and those of us who don't. There aren't many places like this around, where instead of feeling like a nuisance, we feel like they will go out of their way to make us happy.Special Features:
- rating on Zagat site misleadingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I don't understand the rating on Zagat. I thought they knew how to rate restaurants accurately, but in this case they were totally wrong. The food was only fair, average at best and the décor and ambience of the restaurant was very boring and average. The outdoor seating is on the street and noisy, which was not mentioned anywhere. I was disappointed because I took a friend there for his birthday, thinking it would be " the best Chinese food in San Diego" and I assumed because it was in Del Mar, that it would be really nice. Wrong and Wrong. I've had just as good or better at cheaper and poorer rated Chinese restaurants. The only thing that was above average was the service. Nice , friendly, attentive staff.
- DelightfulFoodloverDined on 6/6/2014The food is excellent- Chinese dishes made with skill and imagination. Service is attentive yet not overbearing.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealCrochetsmithDined on 6/5/2014Since we'd been fighting off colds, my husband and I wanted to have some soup. The war wonton soup here was excellent. We also enjoyed the very tasty honey glazed spareribs that are so tender the meat literally falls off the bones. Finally, we had a bit of the chicken lettuce wraps and some mango sorbet for dessert. I'm even looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. It was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCaroleDined on 5/31/2014Our favorite restaurant by far. Food is outstanding every time we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunnyDined on 5/30/2014GREAT menu of delicious food. Even have separate menus for Vegetarian & Gluten Free!! Wish there was one closer to where I live! (I'm vacationing in Del Mar.)Special Features:
- Good return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014I've been to this restaurant a few times and have had consistently good experiences. Saturday night was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendezvous with Great FoodSantaluzerDined on 5/11/2014I am amazed at the consistency of the great food at Del Mar Rendezvous. In what is probably our 30th visit we always order one of our favorites and something new. It is always great. Two of the four of us ordered too much on purpose planning to take the extra home for lunch. Nothing made it off the table. Try anything, you will love it!Special Features:
- Always an Excellent MealCrochetsmithDined on 5/5/2014We have been here a handful of times now since moving to Oceanside last summer. I'm so glad we discovered this restaurant! This time we had the beef with broccoli and some baby bok choy as well as wor wanton soup, spring rolls, and spareribs. The bok choy was cooked with a good bit of garlic, but it was quite tasty. We have yet to discover a dish that isn't good here. I love the spareribs; the meat falls off the bones and it is wonderful. The service is excellent too.Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the Del Mar Rendezvous reviews archive.
- Great for Vegetarians and VegansaalterDined on 4/30/2014We love the Del Mar Rendezvous because they have a Vegan menu and will make the food the way you want it. Wednesdays and Sundays they have a half-priced wine list with a lot of choices that makes purchasing wine with a meal very reasonable.Special Features:
- Mediocre ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Food was good, but not great. Some dishes I probably wouldn't even call good. Calamari had far too much breading and no meat. Dan Dan noodles were very bland. Kung Pao Chicken and Peppered Steak tenderloin w/ broccoli were good main dishes. Also, nice selection of $20 bottles of wine, but Probably won't be heading back here anytime soon.
- Birthday Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014I loved the service. I was taking my daughter and her friends out for her birthday and the waiter was incredibly patient and understanding with my large and confused group of young people. The food was excellent and the staff made my daughter's birthday a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- So YummygsfanDined on 4/25/2014I love Rendezvous. My only complaint is that for the price the portions are somewhat small. Great for a woman but my husband and sons are still starving when we leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO Contest!sashaBVIPDined on 4/25/2014Far and away THE best Asian Fusion restaurant in San Diego County! Always fresh ingredients prepared in inovative ways. The wait staff is friendly and efficient, the atmosphere upscale casual and the location near Del Mar's beach an extra bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.