Del Mar Rendezvous
1555 Camino Del Mar, Suite 102
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Del Mar Rendezvous
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmarrendezvous.com/
- Phone: (858) 755-2669
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 - 8:30pm, Sunday: 4:00-8:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Chu Jung Su
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our web site to view our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available. Please contact Dan or Kevin at (858) 755-2669 to inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Dan or Kevin 8587552669x
- Cross Street: Paseo de las Flores
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: On Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays please allow extra time for parking as the Del Mar Plaza parking lot can get quite busy. We validate parking for two hours for self-parking. Valet parking is available for $8 at the Del Mar Plaza. There is also a metered parking lot on 15th street just west of Camino del Mar on the right side before the post office.
A word from Del Mar Rendezvous
Voted Best Chinese, Best Vegetarian, and Best Gluten-Free in San Diego, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and extended patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business lunches or family dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Del Mar Rendezvous - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Del Mar Rendezvous reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (32)great for lunch (31)special occasion (29)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (17)romantic (16)scenic view (11)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- The Del Mar Rendezvous never disappoints!FITfoodieintrainingVIPDined on 11/26/2014The Del Mar Rendezvous never disappoints! The service, food and ambience are all just right for an easy and yummy "upscale" Asian dinner. Our favorites are The Kung Pao chicken and seaweed cucumber salad. A more adventurous and creative entree is the Mongolian rack of lamb - which can't be beat. If you enjoy wine, you'll be glad to see how complete the collection is ... And how reasonably priced. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Excellent MealCrochetsmithVIPDined on 11/23/2014Every time we go to Del Mar Rendezvous I try to order at least one new dish to try, but it is getting tough to keep from choosing ones that have become old favorites. We just had to have the honey glazed spareribs again. They are so incredibly tasty! I did order a different main course this time though. I had the seafood clay pot and I was not disappointed. In fact, my mouth is watering as I contemplate the leftovers for dinner tonight. I highly recommend this restaurant. The menu offers a great assortment of taste treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MathQueenDined on 11/17/2014The food was some of the best Chinese we have had in a long time. The wine list was excellent and the wine prices extremely reasonable. It will be our go-to Chinese restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem worth leaving your neighborhood..ChrissieVIPDined on 11/15/2014...to visit. Very friendly service, wonderful Imperial Shrimp, and convenient validated parking. Overall my experience was wonderful. I sat in a booth by the kitchen so it was a little too loud for me but really not bad. We'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappyDined on 11/4/2014A great find in Del Mar, tucked away in a cozy corner and offers exceptional food and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!FoodMeisterDined on 11/1/2014Great dining experience. Friendly for vegans, vegetarians, and those on a gluten-free diet. Beautiful interior decor, excellent service, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- My Favorite Asian Fusion RestaurantLivinthelifeSDDined on 10/30/2014A top-notch staff greeted and served us. The staff came by frequently to be sure we had everything we needed. The atmosphere of the restaurant is nicely done; and the presentation of the food was Beautiful! We ordered the BBQ pork slices to start with and they were tender and seasoned nicely. We ordered Shrimp & Scallop Saute, Kung Pao Shrimp, & Saute Green Beans... Delicious! We ended our celebration with Chocolate Wipeout cake which was very light; and Raspberry shortcake with chocolate crust... MMMM! They offer the regular menu, as well as gluten free and vegetarian menus. I have not even had a chance to scratch the surface of the dining and drinking possibilities that they offer. I WILL be back!Special Features:
- Great DinnerBillsreviewDined on 10/27/2014We enjoy the Rendezvous every time we visit. Staff is friendly and attentive. Food is superb. No corkage on Monday is a plus.Special Features:
- TashaTashDined on 10/25/2014Great food. Wish we would have tried this place sooner. Not sure it's a place for families with toddlers. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why go anywhere else?sashaBVIPDined on 10/15/2014This Asian Fusion restaurant gets 5 Stars in every category. Flavorful and innovative food, large and varied wine selections, attentive and pleasant staff. If this is what you want in a meal, you've found the place! Perhaps that it why it rates at the top of all the San Diego restaurant surveys. The food is healthy and if you are vegetarian, vegan, have allergies - you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that the chef will prepare something delicious for you. Enjoy your experience at Del Mar Rendezvous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ChineseSueBVIPDined on 10/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The food was excellent! Servings were just the right size and not enormous like so many Chinese restaurants. My only complaint was I think the wine servings are in the small side. Better to but a bottle not numerous glasses. Wonderful wine list though which was a surprise! Definitely someplace I will return to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Maybe it was the dishes we ordered, but we left feeling it was below average for asian food. Unfortunately the prices arent below average.
- phenomenaldeliciousVIPDined on 10/7/2014Best Chinese food I have ever had in my life and I have had tons of it in all different states from New York to Texas to Florida, but this place in Del Mar, San Diego is hands down number one in terms of variety and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really had a very good dinnergreatDined on 10/2/2014Went for restaurant week with a couple gals.Had a excellent meal. Rib appetizers were very good as well as the eggplant. All the entrees were excellent. Try the banana eggroll for dessert. Wonderful would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Mar Rendezvoux2foodloversVIPDined on 10/2/2014Once again we had a great experience and our out of town guests loved it. We hadn't tried the ribs before and they were outstanding.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Not expecting Chinese similar to what we have found in L.A. but this place surpassed expectations. Very good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy serviceEdwarcDined on 9/27/2014The food was great I must admit! They were able to adjust our reservation without too much consternation. However, the soup I ordered as a starter came after the entree arrived. The server never delivered the green tea that I ordered. He seemed to be preoccupied because it was a busy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Mar Renezvoux2foodloversVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our lunch was great. We were very hungry and the service was great. The wine list is impressive and at a very good price. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FyiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Swrvice was slow and the person who provided our food was placing it on the table not asking who's dish it was, then he made a comment can't all of you just share. We do share but would rather have our dish next to us then across the table. We found it very rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten free/vegetarian lunchPseudoFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Menu for gluten free, vegetarian dishes was quite extensive for lunch. I ordered the vegetables with konnyaku noodles which was really good. The restaurant was quite busy for lunch yet it was not too loud to carry on a conversation. I would definitely come back to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Spot in Del MarSoupieLoopieDined on 9/23/2014Service was excellent, food was great... small intimate restaurant, very relaxing atmosphere. Will definitely have to go back and try some of the other items on the menu!Special Features:
- DelishiousJessyDined on 9/21/2014Yummy and relaxed atmosphere. Kevin the GM is awesome 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Delicious FoodSteveDined on 9/20/2014I had been meaning to try this restaurant for a long time and I'm glad I did. Food and service overall was great -- the maitre d' was outstanding. I look forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLuvfoodDined on 9/17/2014We heard this was listed as one of the best Chinese food places in the country so we had to try it. The cashew chicken and lettuce wraps were amazing!!! Loved the BBQ pork in our mixed noodle dish and plan to order as an app next visit. Our waiter was amazing, so nice and helpful and the manager checked on us several times, he was so friendly and complimented my shirt! Can't wait to go back, the good food and service were quite notable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceConnoisseurDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend the potstickers and the walnut shrimp. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their food!KathyODined on 9/10/2014The food is delicous and plentiful! We brought home leftovers for a wonderful lunch the next day.Special Features:
- HealthyPlanetsDined on 9/6/2014I'm glad I'm seeing more healthy choices for restaurants.My wife was happy because its hard for her to find vegetarian/vegan menu's.There was a lot to choose from.We need to come back to try other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not our first timetomwVIPDined on 9/4/2014but the food was so bland it will be our last. Disregard the chili rating on the menu, there was no spice heat and both entrées were barely warm.
- Possibly The Best Chinese FoodMichaelFDined on 8/31/2014The Rendezvous is probably the best Chinese food in San Diego County. The flavors in each dish, at times both bold or subtle, were a delight to taste.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceEnjoytheFinerThingsinLifeDined on 8/30/2014When we first arrived, we were not too happy about the table being right next to the kitchen; however the staff was very nice, gave us a few drinks on the house and made us feel welcome. They were very attentive both as to the food and ambiance and overall made the night for us very entertaining which is difficult to do with my party coming off a long and tiring day. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the Kung Pao Filet & BBQ pork fried rice. The nice thing I guess about sitting next to the kitchen was we got to see all the different dishes coming out and I must say you really couldn't go wrong everything smelled and looked delicious. Overall I would say this is a new gem in Del Mar and the prices are reasonable for the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsDinerdiverDined on 8/30/2014All four of us thought the portions were way too small. I weigh 103 pounds and really don't eat much, and I even thought the portions were too small. We ordered the shrimp and lobster sauce and the Dim Sum and our friends ordered a noodle dish and shrimp and lobster.
- Fabulous and attentiveMammaTDined on 8/26/2014Having been gluten free since before it was cool it's always wonderful to find a restaurant with a full GF menu, which they have. I bring friends there for lunch whenever I can – it's a great place for sharing food and everything is always fresh and scrumptious.Special Features:
- Going down hillyabbadoobieDined on 8/22/2014Really used to love this place. However, recently the quality has been down. Food is inconsistent. Recent follies, walnut shrimp that was not adequately fried. Inner shell batter was still wet and mealy. Peppery calamari coating batter too thick and not consistently peppered. Tofu/Vegetable dish had broccoli that was burned on the florets to where it was bitter. This place is really pricey and can't afford missteps like this.Special Features:
- Del Mar Rendezvoux2foodloversVIPDined on 8/21/2014Once again, we had a great meal with excellent service. It's become one of our favorite spots. The wine list is terrific and very good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmaggieinlgDined on 8/15/2014Dinner here was, as always wonderful. Their dishes are always a little on the unusual side and always excellent. We are always pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- ChrissieVIPDined on 8/14/2014My waiter Anthony was so gracious, friendly and efficient, he made my lunch memorable. His smile was always there with his good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatest restaurantmomoDined on 8/13/2014Amazing evening.... "5" star food and "5" star staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Dim Sum2foodloversVIPDined on 8/7/2014We really enjoy the expanded Dim Sum menu. It's so good that we haven't tried the main dishes in a while. I wish that the kitchen didn't close so early at lunch time. It would be better if the kitchen was open until at least 3. The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealCrochetsmithVIPDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at Del Mar Rendezvous several times now and have never been disappointed. They have the most flavorful Wor Wanton Soup I've ever had and the Honey-Glazed Spareribs are fantastic. This time I decided to try something spicy so I ordered the Seafood XO. It was wonderful! My SIL ordered the Lemon Chicken and said that it was very tasty as well. There was also enough food that we both took home some. For another night's meal. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it...Special Features:
- CindyVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time dining here. There were some hits and misses with our order. The server recommended the lettuce wraps which were terrible, but they did take it off of our bill. Nice wine list and priced well. WIll definately try this place again.