Del Mar Rendezvous
1555 Camino Del Mar, Suite 102
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Del Mar Rendezvous
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delmarrendezvous.com/
- Phone: 8587552669x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 - 8:30pm, Sunday: 4:00-8:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Chu Jung Su
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our web site to view our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available. Please contact Dan or Kevin at (858) 755-2669 to inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Dan or Kevin 8587552669x
- Cross Street: Paseo de las Flores
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: On Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays please allow extra time for parking as the Del Mar Plaza parking lot can get quite busy. We validate parking for two hours for self-parking. Valet parking is available for $8 at the Del Mar Plaza. There is also a metered parking lot on 15th street just west of Camino del Mar on the right side before the post office.
A word from Del Mar Rendezvous
Voted Best Chinese, Best Vegetarian, and Best Gluten-Free in San Diego, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and extended patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business lunches or family dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Del Mar Rendezvous - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Del Mar Rendezvous reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (32)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (16)romantic (15)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Lousy serviceEdwarcDined on 9/27/2014The food was great I must admit! They were able to adjust our reservation without too much consternation. However, the soup I ordered as a starter came after the entree arrived. The server never delivered the green tea that I ordered. He seemed to be preoccupied because it was a busy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Mar Renezvoux2foodloversDined on 9/27/2014Our lunch was great. We were very hungry and the service was great. The wine list is impressive and at a very good price. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FyiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Swrvice was slow and the person who provided our food was placing it on the table not asking who's dish it was, then he made a comment can't all of you just share. We do share but would rather have our dish next to us then across the table. We found it very rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten free/vegetarian lunchPseudoFoodieDined on 9/26/2014Menu for gluten free, vegetarian dishes was quite extensive for lunch. I ordered the vegetables with konnyaku noodles which was really good. The restaurant was quite busy for lunch yet it was not too loud to carry on a conversation. I would definitely come back to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Spot in Del MarSoupieLoopieDined on 9/23/2014Service was excellent, food was great... small intimate restaurant, very relaxing atmosphere. Will definitely have to go back and try some of the other items on the menu!Special Features:
- DelishiousJessyDined on 9/21/2014Yummy and relaxed atmosphere. Kevin the GM is awesome 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Delicious FoodSteveDined on 9/20/2014I had been meaning to try this restaurant for a long time and I'm glad I did. Food and service overall was great -- the maitre d' was outstanding. I look forward to my next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLuvfoodDined on 9/17/2014We heard this was listed as one of the best Chinese food places in the country so we had to try it. The cashew chicken and lettuce wraps were amazing!!! Loved the BBQ pork in our mixed noodle dish and plan to order as an app next visit. Our waiter was amazing, so nice and helpful and the manager checked on us several times, he was so friendly and complimented my shirt! Can't wait to go back, the good food and service were quite notable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceConnoisseurDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend the potstickers and the walnut shrimp. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their food!KathyODined on 9/10/2014The food is delicous and plentiful! We brought home leftovers for a wonderful lunch the next day.Special Features:
- HealthyPlanetsDined on 9/6/2014I'm glad I'm seeing more healthy choices for restaurants.My wife was happy because its hard for her to find vegetarian/vegan menu's.There was a lot to choose from.We need to come back to try other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not our first timetomwVIPDined on 9/4/2014but the food was so bland it will be our last. Disregard the chili rating on the menu, there was no spice heat and both entrées were barely warm.
- Possibly The Best Chinese FoodMichaelFDined on 8/31/2014The Rendezvous is probably the best Chinese food in San Diego County. The flavors in each dish, at times both bold or subtle, were a delight to taste.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceEnjoytheFinerThingsinLifeDined on 8/30/2014When we first arrived, we were not too happy about the table being right next to the kitchen; however the staff was very nice, gave us a few drinks on the house and made us feel welcome. They were very attentive both as to the food and ambiance and overall made the night for us very entertaining which is difficult to do with my party coming off a long and tiring day. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the Kung Pao Filet & BBQ pork fried rice. The nice thing I guess about sitting next to the kitchen was we got to see all the different dishes coming out and I must say you really couldn't go wrong everything smelled and looked delicious. Overall I would say this is a new gem in Del Mar and the prices are reasonable for the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsDinerdiverDined on 8/30/2014All four of us thought the portions were way too small. I weigh 103 pounds and really don't eat much, and I even thought the portions were too small. We ordered the shrimp and lobster sauce and the Dim Sum and our friends ordered a noodle dish and shrimp and lobster.
- Fabulous and attentiveMammaTDined on 8/26/2014Having been gluten free since before it was cool it's always wonderful to find a restaurant with a full GF menu, which they have. I bring friends there for lunch whenever I can – it's a great place for sharing food and everything is always fresh and scrumptious.Special Features:
- Going down hillyabbadoobieDined on 8/22/2014Really used to love this place. However, recently the quality has been down. Food is inconsistent. Recent follies, walnut shrimp that was not adequately fried. Inner shell batter was still wet and mealy. Peppery calamari coating batter too thick and not consistently peppered. Tofu/Vegetable dish had broccoli that was burned on the florets to where it was bitter. This place is really pricey and can't afford missteps like this.Special Features:
- Del Mar Rendezvoux2foodloversDined on 8/21/2014Once again, we had a great meal with excellent service. It's become one of our favorite spots. The wine list is terrific and very good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmaggieinlgDined on 8/15/2014Dinner here was, as always wonderful. Their dishes are always a little on the unusual side and always excellent. We are always pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- ChrissieVIPDined on 8/14/2014My waiter Anthony was so gracious, friendly and efficient, he made my lunch memorable. His smile was always there with his good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatest restaurantmomoDined on 8/13/2014Amazing evening.... "5" star food and "5" star staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Dim Sum2foodloversDined on 8/7/2014We really enjoy the expanded Dim Sum menu. It's so good that we haven't tried the main dishes in a while. I wish that the kitchen didn't close so early at lunch time. It would be better if the kitchen was open until at least 3. The wine list is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent MealCrochetsmithDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten at Del Mar Rendezvous several times now and have never been disappointed. They have the most flavorful Wor Wanton Soup I've ever had and the Honey-Glazed Spareribs are fantastic. This time I decided to try something spicy so I ordered the Seafood XO. It was wonderful! My SIL ordered the Lemon Chicken and said that it was very tasty as well. There was also enough food that we both took home some. For another night's meal. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it...Special Features:
- CindyVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time dining here. There were some hits and misses with our order. The server recommended the lettuce wraps which were terrible, but they did take it off of our bill. Nice wine list and priced well. WIll definately try this place again.
- Small dark seating area - good foodMom2fourDined on 8/1/2014I thought this was one of the plaza's upper level restaurants with nice views when I booked it so I was surprised to find it on the street level and be seated at a tight, dark corner booth along the back wall. Food was ok. I ordered off the gluten free menu and my shrimp fried rice was white rice with some egg and 12 shrimp. Pretty bland. My friends thought their dishes were very good. We had lettuce wraps to start which were good once we found the waiter and reminded him to bring the sauce that went with it. Overall it was just ok. I probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFJanoDined on 8/1/2014We really appreciate the gluten-free menu as well as the staff's awareness of the needs of their gluten-free diners. Great service! Thank you.Special Features:
- Better than BeijinggoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 7/30/2014Peking Duck at Del Mar Rendezvous surpasses that served in Beijing at restaurant visited by Nixon.Special Features:
- Shanghai Dumplings2foodloversDined on 7/30/2014Love the expanded dim sum offerings and that you offer dim sum for dinner. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese Food Ever!!alchelesnikDined on 7/25/2014I'm not really a Chinese Food fan, but I think I've been converted!! Outstanding food and service. We thought perhaps with the locale, we might get good food but in tiny portions like most "fancy" restaurants. We were pleasantly surprised with perfect sized portions of amazing food. The beef was so tender, it melted in our mouths. We can't wait to go back and next time, we'll bring our 7 year because he'll love it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time recently with out of town guests. I was compelled by high reviews. Our table was ready at 6pm the and server came promptly to offer drinks. (which we did not order) An eggroll appetizer was offered at no charge and was very good. We asked our server for some specifics about several dishes, and ordered. Our orders took some time to come out. I believe my water glass was filled 5 times before we saw any food. Food was above average, comparable to our local Chin's, but more expensive. What annoyed me was the constant interruption from staff/management! Someone would come by and interject in our private conversation or fill a water glass every 5 minutes, the whole night long.Special Features:
- JBirdDined on 7/23/2014Best Hot and Sour Soup I have ever eaten! Great service and very friendly staff. Always enjoy the Walnut Shrimp and the duck wraps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated & overpricedgourmanDined on 7/22/2014This place being best Chinese restaurant in Del Mar five years running means real Chinese food fans should travel to another North County town if they want good Chinese fare. The hot and sour soup was neither- it's just egg drop soup with soy sauce added for color with one piece of tofu and one paper-thin mushroom. The entrees were just okay, but the prices were outrageously high. We spend a week at a nearby spa every summer and will never go to Del Mar Rendezvous again.
- SamalsarVIPDined on 7/17/2014Recommended by friends so we took our Vegan guests. Nice staff, quick service, good vegan choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealCrochetsmithDined on 7/13/2014Now that the County Fair is over we returned to Del Mar Rendezvous recently. We had been avoiding the traffic, but we missed the great food. It was such a pleasure to taste those honey glazed spareribs again! They are so tender and the meat just falls off the bones. We also had one of my favorite dishes, the Five Spice Braised Beef. Here too the meat is wonderfully tender and the baby bok choy is a perfect accompaniment. The servings are large enough that I was able to bring almost half of this dish along with some of the wor wanton soup home for a second excellent meal this week. The service here is always excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good FoodNuncProTuncDined on 7/12/2014Great food and wonderful vegetarian menu that has a lot of vegan options as well. The service was great and the food was flavorful. I found there too be too much sweet flavors at times but you could ask for spicier.Special Features:
- Favorite in Del MarFreddo42Dined on 7/5/2014Another wonderful evening meal at Rendezvous. Our party started in Coronado and found ourselves running late for a 7:00 pm reservation. A call ahead meant no- problems and we were met with a warm and gracious welcome! The service has been getting better and better and it's clear that this is from a dedicated management that has a great focus on the details that make dining gracious and comfortable. The food is consistently well prepared and for our taste, some of the best Chinese cusine in San Diego. That's what makes this a local favorite for us and so many others.Special Features:
- Two thumbs up!PaulysPicks4388Dined on 6/28/2014Yummy food at reasonable prices; great and friendly service. A local gem. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!GailCVIPDined on 6/28/2014Del Mar Rendezvous is always a perfect choice for lunch. This time we were in need of vegetarian options and we found lots of delicious choices! My friend and I enjoyed the ample portions and even took home some leftovers. I now will be recommending Del Mar Rendezvous to my veggie friends!Special Features:
- KiranDined on 6/22/2014Some of the food items were nice. They messed up the order for us, we asked for veggie Singapore Konnyaku which is supposed to be spicy, but what we got was no where close to be even mildly spicy. Another friend ordered with egg same dish, which was totally different. The waiter also forgot to put our fried rice order. It felt we were a burden for the waiter that day, he didn't even smile. Other people who came to put the food on table were more friendly.Special Features:
- Unique Asian CuisineRBG831Dined on 6/21/2014The menu is very eclectic with a remarkably interesting take on standard Chinese themes, as well as many Japanese favorites. Excellent quality preparation and one of the finest, least expensive wine lists in San Diego County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.