Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
2425 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 6024662890x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Monte Healey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
Located in the Esplanade, Del Frisco's Grille takes the classic bar and grill to new heights. The menu is diverse and approachable with a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends, offering a tempting mix of prime steaks, fresh seafood and twists on American comfort cuisine. Our wine list features over 500 bottle selections that offer a taste for every palate. Upstairs, the expansive Summit Bar offers al fresco dining and breathtaking views of the Camelback Corridor, Squaw Peak and Arizona sunsets. A fashionable entrance is easy with the Grille's complimentary valet service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)romantic (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014A group of us went to Del Friscos on Sat night for a bachelorette party and the experience couldn't have been better! On top of all our food being delicious our waiter brought us all champagne to help celebrate and was very pleasant and helpful. To top it off the staff all signed a congrats card for the bride. We were all impressed all around and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Perfect for Steak LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Took my daughter and her boyfriend to Del Frisco's for their birthdays. Both are steak lovers and were we were all completely satisfied! Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Del Frisco's @ Five on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Service and attention to detail was outstanding. For the price, the food was lacking. Portions were good, the taste was the downfall. The noise level was very quiet, probably due to the hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the long waitDjackVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten at Several Del Friscos but this experience was absolutely horrible; from the waiter not knowing if any gluten free items were on the menu to the fact that the wait between ordering our food and receiving was one hour and ten minutes.... 1:10 and the GM, who I spoke with personally never came back to follow up!! I will skip the Phoenix location.... A lot of options within walking distance
- LunchLizCDined on 8/8/2014We went for a late lunch and while we did enjoy the food I was disappointed that the service was a little slow and he forgot how I ordered my lunch. All in all it was delicious and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous Menu & AmbianceLtzgoeatDined on 7/21/2014First time here for a birthday dinner that included three generations; and the menu had something for everyone. Ribeye, veal meatloaf, chicken schnitzel and a scrumptious hamburger are just a few of the choices the menu has to offer. Their summer special with the big burger, fries and adult milkshake was a hit. Try the coconut cream pie, you won't be disappointed. To say the wine list is comprehensive is an understatement. Chic decor and soft, perfect lighting tops off the experience. Next we will eat on the roof, when it isn't 112 degrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to Celebrate HereDrCADined on 7/16/2014There are SO many amazing choices here. Go with friends who like to share. Before you leave, you will be making plans to return. I chose DFG for my birthday celebration with friends. From my entry to my exit, I was wished a happy birthday. Our server was excellent--attentive but not intrusive. He presented me with a creative hand crafted card with staff signatures that I loved. Unlike many places, I was given my choice of dessert as my "Birthday Cake." I chose the coconut cream pie--yummy and huge! Our meal included deviled eggs appetizer, veal meatloaf & mashed potatoes, chicken schnitzel & noodles, thick tomato basil bisque & grilled cheese with such delights as Gruyere and Mornay sauce inside. GO . . . soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014I found the service very slow in the bar - sat for several minutes and I ended up tagging someone to order a drink. Restaurant service outstanding. Food very good. Only drawback - noise level; extremely loud and difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wake up Phoenix...BobbyVIPDined on 7/13/2014... and have brunch at Del Frisco's. More importantly, though, wake up in the figurative sense and finally recognize that great brunch can be had at Del Frisco's, not just at (largely undeservedly) more hyped-up restaurants in metro Phoenix. Sadly, word seems not to have gotten out yet about the excellent brunch at Del Frisco's and the convenient location directly across from the Biltmore Fashion Square. (Indeed, an underpass connects the Fashion Square with Del Frisco's, which is located directly underneath the AMC 14 Esplanade on Camelback.) The welcome is friendly and professional; the service is very polite and accommodating; the preparation of the food is excellent; and the menu selection is sufficient to please any taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArizonafoodieDined on 7/7/2014Service was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is good for business lunches. However, my seared tuna salad was extremely bland. The tuna pieces were ok but presented on the side rather than on top (not a great presentation), and the salad itself was just a mound of green without much taste. Was disappointing.Special Features:
- Good timeJustinDined on 6/28/2014Del Frisco's Grille has a nice menu selection at price that reminds you that your at a quality restaurant but no so much that it leaves your pockets empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Happy HourMBBFoodieDined on 6/22/2014DF is one of my favorite HHs. Good food and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceKampalaDined on 6/14/2014I took my daughter on a date there. The food was great but the waiter was preoccupied and didn't deliver as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's does it again!CathygVIPDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful yet again. Sean waited on our very desire so effortlessly that we didn't even notice. Things like refills just appeared! So glad we choose to visit Del Frisco's when in town. All 5 in our party ordered a different meal. ALL agreed that you can't go wrong no mater what you order. Everyone was so satisfied...but we still ordered desert to take home for later. The coconut cake is heavenly.Special Features:
- great meal! great service!astrumsDined on 5/23/2014We had a terrific experience at our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you expect and moreTHEMrBigelowDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I arrived on time for our reservation and we're seated promptly. The service was attentive and made our visit very enjoyable. The bar had a lot of people and there was an enclosed room with T's and was probably a smoking section. The egg rolls were excellent, my filet was undercooked, but tasted excellent. The dessert sea salt and caramel pudding? was unreal - I haven't had anything that good in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitsabossyItalianDined on 5/18/2014Our 3rd visit for brunch (1st for our friends). Our reservation was completely unnecessary as the restaurant was empty during the 2+ hours we were there. Luckily our friends enjoyed their choices: sangria, chicken and waffles, crab cake benedict. Our impression of the food is that it's hit or miss. Hits: steakhouse salad, chicken fried steak and croque madame, although the portion on the latter is a little skimpy. Misses: burger, red velvet belgian waffle and crab cake benedict (incredibly tiny crab cake and not enough lobster sauce). Our waitress was quite friendly but the acting manager seemed a bit surly, maybe annoyed they were so slow. He took our drink order for a carafe of screwdrivers, we received a carafe of mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekexperienced2dineDined on 5/17/2014We first tried Del Frisco's with friends at the Fall restaurant week and loved it, especially the Salted Carmel Pot de Creme dessert only made during restaurant week and returned recently for the restaurant week. The menu is great with a choice for everyone. The dessert we so wanted and waited so long for was AWFUL. The consistency, color and flavor were all wrong. There was no carmel color or taste no salt - just lumpy bland pudding. Other than that, the meal and service were great, a bit rushed with the service for no reason before we were finished with a course, the next came out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.BattmotherDined on 5/11/2014I really wanted to like Del Frisco's. I had a delicious lunch and fun happy hour there so I suggested it for a birthday family dinner.The flatbread was tasty but very heavy compared to the lighter ones you see other places. The chicken lollipops were forgettable. Perhaps our biggest disappointment was the entree. We don't mind paying $39 for a filet if it is outstanding but these were average and we doubted they were 8 oz. In a world where we are all measuring, weighing, comparing, we have a very good sense of size. These at best were 6 oz. Asking for it to be cut in front of the server was odd. It gives you a weird sense that your mother is standing over you waiting for approval. It was tasteless and unremarkable. We won't go back.
- Another great birthdayluncherciserVIPDined on 5/10/2014Thank you staff and management for making our special event a success! Love, love, love DFG!Special Features:
- Great for office lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014We took our office staff out to lunch to celebrate some birthdays. The burger of the month - The Phoenix Burger - was outstanding. Though the service was slightly slow, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Lunch and desserts were excellent. Have the coconut cream pie!Special Features:
- The following 227 reviews are from the Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix reviews archive.
- TastyLizCDined on 4/25/2014Great food and great service. Everyone was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Disappointed ...ComstocksmilesDined on 4/20/2014I have been to Del Frisco's for happy hour many times & have never had a bad experience. I received a message about brunch on Easter checked the menu liked what I saw and reservation for my mother and I. Our reservation was at 1:30 & we arrived at a fairly empty restaurant. We sat on the patio ordered drinks - the White Sangria me & VIP for my mom. As usual the drinks awesome. We ordered food ... I had the Red Velvet Belgian Waffle & my mom got the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs - Our food arrived & I was completely underwhelmed with the waffles - they were not Red Velvet but more like lightly colored chocolate & the edges of 2 of the waffles were burned. I noticed my mom sawing at her steak because it was overcooked & dry. I was over it!
- Dining perfectionkleathersDined on 4/19/2014I'm a dining snob. My 5 star reviews are few and far between. But Del Frisco's hits on all cylinders. First, it's a great setting. Very handsome decor but still fun and casual. You can dine inside, in the open bar, on the patio or on the roof. The wait staff is attentive but not smothering. Management stopped by to check things out on a couple of occasions. We had the cheesesteak egg roll, knife & fork Caesar salad, pork chop and lemon cake. All were top notch, impeccable flavor and the hot food was served hot. I've always enjoyed dining and shopping in the Biltmore area. Now I have another reason to visit it even more often. Kudos to Del Frisco's!Special Features:
- Girls Return Brunchpeanut95Dined on 4/13/2014The food is always very good and we enjoy the different dishes that are offered. The only complaint I would have is that is took us a long time to get our drinks and we were the first customers in the restaurant when they opened.Special Features:
- First AnniversaryCelebratingDined on 3/28/2014We chose this restaurant as a splurge for our first anniversary. Started with the cheese steak appetizer; husband loved it, but wife thought it was on the heavy/greasy side. On to the main course, for which husband had the seared tuna, wife had the scallops; both were delicious. Wait staff was good (one bobble was that we had to make two requests for sweeteners for the iced tea, as there were none on the table and the waiter seemed to forget the first time we asked.) We both would recommend this place for the kind of people who feel comfortable spending $75-$100 for dinner for two.Special Features:
- Great Service & FoodCandDDined on 3/28/2014Brent our server was amazing and exceptional. He provided us with excellent service. Will definitely come in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Is OK"Easy2pleaseDined on 3/22/2014Server seemed frazzled & overwhelmed. Ordered a dirty martini which was way watered down & disappointing. Appetizers, Ahi Tacos & Deviled Eggs (yes, my husband questioned this choice too) were tasty!! Entrees, not so impressive. Feel of the place is definitely that of a chain restaurant, which it is! I would go back to the bar for apps & wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceMmmmmVIPDined on 3/19/2014I love the lemon cake. It's worth coming here just for dessert, although my meal was excellent. My only complaint is we were seated in a little alcove with just a few tables…great…quiet dinner. NOPE. They seated a party of 8 women next to us. The rest of the evening I couldn't hear conversation at my own table at all. I don't usually mind noisy restaurants but this was ridiculously loud. We couldn't even hear the wait staff ask us about dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT a wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Extraordinary wine list, by far the broadest selection I have seen in the Del Frisco Grilles where I have dined, and rivals most any establishment I can think of. Brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a chain!JimMcCDined on 3/11/2014We have been more than once and take friends! Always good.Special Features:
- Good food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Good food. Great service. A very nice restaurant but not too upscale. Great terrace bar with fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Meal and ServiceajcenacVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had an average meal and service at this restaurant. Compared to the numerous restaurants within a stone's throw of Del Frisco's Grill, you would expect that they would be doing everything possible to make the guest experience exceptional. The food was luke warm when it was delivered. The server vanished for over 15 minutes. This is all with the restaurant only 20% full....on a Saturday evening. Unfortunately, this meal was consistent with the past few times I've been. I remember why we don't come here more often.
- Best of classDaveDined on 2/21/2014Better than all the other "top line" steak houses. Well managed, great service and excellent meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- O K ...FelisolDined on 2/17/2014It's ok and fair for the price, much better places around, but more expensive . The service was Very good. Not too many people in the restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hourevergreencubVIPDined on 2/17/2014after the movies we stopped in for happy hour on Monday boy was it delicious we started with a tomato a flatbread pizza simply scrumptious then we ordered fries and cheese steak sliders both were delicious I recommend this place for happy hour we did not eat of the regular menu if you like wine you will be amazed at the wine cellar its spectacularSpecial Features:
- SurprisedKal1Dined on 2/15/2014I've been a major Del Friscos supporter after heavily frequenting Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse in Vegas. This was my first time at Del Friscos Grille. Surprised at the low level of service and the low quality of food. My wife and I weren't greeted by a waiter and after 10 minutes I had to get the managers attention. No water, no bread. I had to ask for bread. Then my steak was too salty, way to salty. Definitely not a double eagle joint. Hence "Grille".
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentines day. Obviously need a reservation. Location is great, on the other side of the street from the Biltmore. Service was good for a busy day, our waiter was really nice and helped us find great wines we both really liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth The MoneyscottsdalefoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I tried Del Frisco's for the first time last wk and it will be out last. Our server told us that the place is known for their steaks. Really? I can cook a better steak myself at home. We ordered the Filet Mignon and Shrimp Scampi and our steak was not worth the $57 per person price point. For the record, I don't typically write food reviews. However, I felt compelled to let other diners know to avoid this place at all costs. One last thing, the strangest thing happened to us that I've never experienced before in my 47 years on the planet. When they brought out or steaks our server asked both my wife and I to cut into our steak in front of her to see if it was cooked to order. Huh? Very bizarre. Stick to happy hour!
- Valentines Day DinnerGOWYBSDined on 2/14/2014I recently took my sweetie here for Valentine's Day. It's a very up beat and professional atmosphere within the Biltmore/Ritz region. The food was a bit on the pricey side, but was well worth it. One of the best steaks I've had in years. The service was excellent. They take pride in getting your order done expeditiously, to your liking and served with a smile. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you are into sports, I noticed the bar has excellent HD screens for your viewing pleasure. I look forward to frequenting this establishment again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.