Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
2425 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: (602) 466-2890
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm,
Brunch: Sunday - 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Ton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix
Located in the Esplanade, Del Frisco's Grille takes the classic bar and grill to new heights. The menu is diverse and approachable with a wide variety of selections to savor or share with friends, offering a tempting mix of prime steaks, fresh seafood and twists on American comfort cuisine. Our wine list features over 500 bottle selections that offer a taste for every palate. Upstairs, the expansive Summit Bar offers al fresco dining and breathtaking views of the Camelback Corridor, Squaw Peak and Arizona sunsets. A fashionable entrance is easy with the Grille's complimentary valet service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (6)romantic (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- FIND SOMEWHERE ELSEmissashleyDined on 11/16/2014I love Del Frisco's and have been to several in different cities - and each time the food, service, and atmosphere have been just as one would expect from a Del Frisco's....until now. Yes, it is a Grille - not as formal, an open kitchen concept, lighter fare menu. Although a different concept - the quality of the food and the quality of management - are not of the caliber one would expect. I do not want to beat a dead horse. I would suggest going to Houston's in Scottsdale. The food and atmosphere do live up to their name regardless of city and concept. We were told that they were under new management and to try them again in a month. Seriously? If I was the GM, I'd want my stuff handled yesterday!!! Not in 30 days!!
- Not up to par this visitMikeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Two groups of waiters (both with one training) pushed alcohol, and pushed more alcohol, three or four times. Three ordered fish in a brown bag that was not cooked, and my sole was bland. Won't be back.
- FoodelchorroDined on 10/28/2014Burger was not very good, and extremely messy. Outdoor area nice, service fine, location great.Special Features:
- SKW1Dined on 10/26/2014Although Brunch menu is limited, the eggs benedict was amazing. Too bad they don't get much business.Special Features:
- Not as special as expectedBrandInnovatorDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Del Frisco's in Dallas, so I had high hopes. Instead, it was just "okay." The patio is next to one of the busiest streets in town. And while our main server was friendly, the overall service was not that attentive (especially since it wasn't crowded at all). I will give the food 4 stars.
- Great for apps but not much elseJHFoodDined on 10/10/2014The service was terrible. We had to ask multiple times for drink refills and it took forever for our food to come out after we ordered our apps. Once the food did come out 3 of the 4 hot dishes came out cold and the 4th extremely hot, evident they don't know how to time their dishes. We were there for lunch and there were only a half dozen tables so its not like they were overly busy. Just a very disappointing experience.
- Great serviceCathyandMikeDined on 10/2/2014We arrived early and it was very quiet. The food was good and the service was great.
- Great lunchDaveHVIPDined on 9/29/2014We arrived at 1 pm and enjoyed a comfortable booth. The tuna taco appetizer had generous portions and great flavor. The cream of corn soup was incredible. The seasonal cocktails were very good and not overly sweet and the shaved prime rib sandwich was melt in your mouth tender.Special Features:
- Consistently good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014Del Frisco's Grille consistently provides good food and service and a reasonable price point. This is an excellent location for a casual business dinner or a special occasion spot. The steaks are great and the "adult milkshake" makes it worth going there.Special Features:
- Not bad, but also not stunningWolfieDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok, I had the meatloaf which was overall good. Fast and efficient service, however not caring too much. Deserts were somewhat disappointing, Nutella Bread Pudding as well as warm chocolate cake. The absolute "must try": deviled eggs! Outstanding. This Place is good for a fast business lunch, for dinner you ll find much better places for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014A group of us went to Del Friscos on Sat night for a bachelorette party and the experience couldn't have been better! On top of all our food being delicious our waiter brought us all champagne to help celebrate and was very pleasant and helpful. To top it off the staff all signed a congrats card for the bride. We were all impressed all around and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Perfect for Steak LoversAZNativeJayDined on 8/30/2014Took my daughter and her boyfriend to Del Frisco's for their birthdays. Both are steak lovers and were we were all completely satisfied! Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Del Frisco's @ Five on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Service and attention to detail was outstanding. For the price, the food was lacking. Portions were good, the taste was the downfall. The noise level was very quiet, probably due to the hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the long waitDjackVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten at Several Del Friscos but this experience was absolutely horrible; from the waiter not knowing if any gluten free items were on the menu to the fact that the wait between ordering our food and receiving was one hour and ten minutes.... 1:10 and the GM, who I spoke with personally never came back to follow up!! I will skip the Phoenix location.... A lot of options within walking distance
- LunchLizCDined on 8/8/2014We went for a late lunch and while we did enjoy the food I was disappointed that the service was a little slow and he forgot how I ordered my lunch. All in all it was delicious and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 244 reviews are from the Del Frisco's Grille - Phoenix reviews archive.
- Marvelous Menu & AmbianceLtzgoeatDined on 7/21/2014First time here for a birthday dinner that included three generations; and the menu had something for everyone. Ribeye, veal meatloaf, chicken schnitzel and a scrumptious hamburger are just a few of the choices the menu has to offer. Their summer special with the big burger, fries and adult milkshake was a hit. Try the coconut cream pie, you won't be disappointed. To say the wine list is comprehensive is an understatement. Chic decor and soft, perfect lighting tops off the experience. Next we will eat on the roof, when it isn't 112 degrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to Celebrate HereDrCADined on 7/16/2014There are SO many amazing choices here. Go with friends who like to share. Before you leave, you will be making plans to return. I chose DFG for my birthday celebration with friends. From my entry to my exit, I was wished a happy birthday. Our server was excellent--attentive but not intrusive. He presented me with a creative hand crafted card with staff signatures that I loved. Unlike many places, I was given my choice of dessert as my "Birthday Cake." I chose the coconut cream pie--yummy and huge! Our meal included deviled eggs appetizer, veal meatloaf & mashed potatoes, chicken schnitzel & noodles, thick tomato basil bisque & grilled cheese with such delights as Gruyere and Mornay sauce inside. GO . . . soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014I found the service very slow in the bar - sat for several minutes and I ended up tagging someone to order a drink. Restaurant service outstanding. Food very good. Only drawback - noise level; extremely loud and difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wake up Phoenix...BobbyVIPDined on 7/13/2014... and have brunch at Del Frisco's. More importantly, though, wake up in the figurative sense and finally recognize that great brunch can be had at Del Frisco's, not just at (largely undeservedly) more hyped-up restaurants in metro Phoenix. Sadly, word seems not to have gotten out yet about the excellent brunch at Del Frisco's and the convenient location directly across from the Biltmore Fashion Square. (Indeed, an underpass connects the Fashion Square with Del Frisco's, which is located directly underneath the AMC 14 Esplanade on Camelback.) The welcome is friendly and professional; the service is very polite and accommodating; the preparation of the food is excellent; and the menu selection is sufficient to please any taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArizonafoodieDined on 7/7/2014Service was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is good for business lunches. However, my seared tuna salad was extremely bland. The tuna pieces were ok but presented on the side rather than on top (not a great presentation), and the salad itself was just a mound of green without much taste. Was disappointing.Special Features:
- Good timeJustinDined on 6/28/2014Del Frisco's Grille has a nice menu selection at price that reminds you that your at a quality restaurant but no so much that it leaves your pockets empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Happy HourMBBFoodieDined on 6/22/2014DF is one of my favorite HHs. Good food and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor serviceKampalaDined on 6/14/2014I took my daughter on a date there. The food was great but the waiter was preoccupied and didn't deliver as promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's does it again!CathygVIPDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful yet again. Sean waited on our very desire so effortlessly that we didn't even notice. Things like refills just appeared! So glad we choose to visit Del Frisco's when in town. All 5 in our party ordered a different meal. ALL agreed that you can't go wrong no mater what you order. Everyone was so satisfied...but we still ordered desert to take home for later. The coconut cake is heavenly.Special Features:
- great meal! great service!astrumsVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had a terrific experience at our first time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything you expect and moreTHEMrBigelowDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I arrived on time for our reservation and we're seated promptly. The service was attentive and made our visit very enjoyable. The bar had a lot of people and there was an enclosed room with T's and was probably a smoking section. The egg rolls were excellent, my filet was undercooked, but tasted excellent. The dessert sea salt and caramel pudding? was unreal - I haven't had anything that good in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitsabossyItalianDined on 5/18/2014Our 3rd visit for brunch (1st for our friends). Our reservation was completely unnecessary as the restaurant was empty during the 2+ hours we were there. Luckily our friends enjoyed their choices: sangria, chicken and waffles, crab cake benedict. Our impression of the food is that it's hit or miss. Hits: steakhouse salad, chicken fried steak and croque madame, although the portion on the latter is a little skimpy. Misses: burger, red velvet belgian waffle and crab cake benedict (incredibly tiny crab cake and not enough lobster sauce). Our waitress was quite friendly but the acting manager seemed a bit surly, maybe annoyed they were so slow. He took our drink order for a carafe of screwdrivers, we received a carafe of mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekexperienced2dineDined on 5/17/2014We first tried Del Frisco's with friends at the Fall restaurant week and loved it, especially the Salted Carmel Pot de Creme dessert only made during restaurant week and returned recently for the restaurant week. The menu is great with a choice for everyone. The dessert we so wanted and waited so long for was AWFUL. The consistency, color and flavor were all wrong. There was no carmel color or taste no salt - just lumpy bland pudding. Other than that, the meal and service were great, a bit rushed with the service for no reason before we were finished with a course, the next came out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.BattmotherDined on 5/11/2014I really wanted to like Del Frisco's. I had a delicious lunch and fun happy hour there so I suggested it for a birthday family dinner.The flatbread was tasty but very heavy compared to the lighter ones you see other places. The chicken lollipops were forgettable. Perhaps our biggest disappointment was the entree. We don't mind paying $39 for a filet if it is outstanding but these were average and we doubted they were 8 oz. In a world where we are all measuring, weighing, comparing, we have a very good sense of size. These at best were 6 oz. Asking for it to be cut in front of the server was odd. It gives you a weird sense that your mother is standing over you waiting for approval. It was tasteless and unremarkable. We won't go back.
- Another great birthdayluncherciserVIPDined on 5/10/2014Thank you staff and management for making our special event a success! Love, love, love DFG!Special Features:
- Great for office lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014We took our office staff out to lunch to celebrate some birthdays. The burger of the month - The Phoenix Burger - was outstanding. Though the service was slightly slow, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Lunch and desserts were excellent. Have the coconut cream pie!Special Features:
- TastyLizCDined on 4/25/2014Great food and great service. Everyone was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Disappointed ...ComstocksmilesDined on 4/20/2014I have been to Del Frisco's for happy hour many times & have never had a bad experience. I received a message about brunch on Easter checked the menu liked what I saw and reservation for my mother and I. Our reservation was at 1:30 & we arrived at a fairly empty restaurant. We sat on the patio ordered drinks - the White Sangria me & VIP for my mom. As usual the drinks awesome. We ordered food ... I had the Red Velvet Belgian Waffle & my mom got the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs - Our food arrived & I was completely underwhelmed with the waffles - they were not Red Velvet but more like lightly colored chocolate & the edges of 2 of the waffles were burned. I noticed my mom sawing at her steak because it was overcooked & dry. I was over it!
- Dining perfectionkleathersVIPDined on 4/19/2014I'm a dining snob. My 5 star reviews are few and far between. But Del Frisco's hits on all cylinders. First, it's a great setting. Very handsome decor but still fun and casual. You can dine inside, in the open bar, on the patio or on the roof. The wait staff is attentive but not smothering. Management stopped by to check things out on a couple of occasions. We had the cheesesteak egg roll, knife & fork Caesar salad, pork chop and lemon cake. All were top notch, impeccable flavor and the hot food was served hot. I've always enjoyed dining and shopping in the Biltmore area. Now I have another reason to visit it even more often. Kudos to Del Frisco's!Special Features:
- Girls Return Brunchpeanut95Dined on 4/13/2014The food is always very good and we enjoy the different dishes that are offered. The only complaint I would have is that is took us a long time to get our drinks and we were the first customers in the restaurant when they opened.Special Features:
- First AnniversaryCelebratingDined on 3/28/2014We chose this restaurant as a splurge for our first anniversary. Started with the cheese steak appetizer; husband loved it, but wife thought it was on the heavy/greasy side. On to the main course, for which husband had the seared tuna, wife had the scallops; both were delicious. Wait staff was good (one bobble was that we had to make two requests for sweeteners for the iced tea, as there were none on the table and the waiter seemed to forget the first time we asked.) We both would recommend this place for the kind of people who feel comfortable spending $75-$100 for dinner for two.Special Features:
- Great Service & FoodCandDDined on 3/28/2014Brent our server was amazing and exceptional. He provided us with excellent service. Will definitely come in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Is OK"Easy2pleaseDined on 3/22/2014Server seemed frazzled & overwhelmed. Ordered a dirty martini which was way watered down & disappointing. Appetizers, Ahi Tacos & Deviled Eggs (yes, my husband questioned this choice too) were tasty!! Entrees, not so impressive. Feel of the place is definitely that of a chain restaurant, which it is! I would go back to the bar for apps & wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great serviceMmmmmVIPDined on 3/19/2014I love the lemon cake. It's worth coming here just for dessert, although my meal was excellent. My only complaint is we were seated in a little alcove with just a few tables…great…quiet dinner. NOPE. They seated a party of 8 women next to us. The rest of the evening I couldn't hear conversation at my own table at all. I don't usually mind noisy restaurants but this was ridiculously loud. We couldn't even hear the wait staff ask us about dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT a wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Extraordinary wine list, by far the broadest selection I have seen in the Del Frisco Grilles where I have dined, and rivals most any establishment I can think of. Brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.