Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
50 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.delfriscosgrille.com/
- Phone: 2127670371x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Del Frisco's Grille - NYC
Del Frisco's Grille is located in the heart of Mid-Town at Rockefeller Center. A bit more casual than Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, The Grille offers Hand Cut Prime Steaks, Fire Roasted Flat-breads, Hearty Salads, Fresh Seafood, and much more.... We offer a 700 bottle selection wine list, that offers a taste for every palate. Join us on our outdoor patio on the historic Rockefeller Plaza, or inside at the bar or one of our comfortable tables and experience our signature hospitality. Outdoor seating available on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Del Frisco's Grille - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (44)great for lunch (43)special occasion (41)notable wine list (37)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (18)scenic view (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Great food options!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was referred to me by a(Inside Edition) reporter for my 45th birthday. We loved it all. Lpoking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it use to bezzsharonDined on 10/17/2014We came to Del Frisco's several time for dinner, this time with frineds. It was not so good as it use to be.....Special Features:
- Very good restaurantEatingVIPDined on 10/17/2014it will be in a long line if you were there late. Food is good (we orded Tuna Steak, and Brown Bag Fish). the plate size is perfect fit for me, not to much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a stuffy steakhouseFunbobbyDined on 10/12/2014If you are looking for a steakhouse that isn't too pretentious this is the place. I've been here a couple of times and the steaks were perfectly seasoned and cooked. Try the truffled mac and cheese side dish, it is delicious.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014The food is top notch and the view is nice. This was a special occasion so it fit nicely.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedAnnmarieDined on 10/11/2014I came here thinking it was like other steak houses. The menu is not centered around steak which I liked. Lots of different choices. We did have steak which was great. The sides were okay. Dessert was very good. The atmosphere was surely more casual and touristy. Being that it was across from Rock Center it seems best to be a lunch or after work spot. On a Saturday night they were closing up by 11:30??? Not what you expect in NYC. People told us it was so expensive. I think it was priced the same as any other upscale restaurant. Not really a date place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great; service so soJeffDined on 10/11/2014Steaks and sides were terrific. We had more managers visit us than visits by waitress when restaurant was not entirely full. Bread plates came with salad but no offer of bread. When requested, we were told pretzel bread was made to order; it came long after salad in middle of meal. Decaf coffee was lukewarm; waitress not very attentive. Took too long to get bill. For the cost I did not expect this level of service.
- Delightful and deliciousjolojr55Dined on 10/11/2014From the greeting, to the service, to the food, this restaurant surpassed expectations. Especially scrumptious was the dessert, a cheese cake topped with creme brulee, which was one of the day's specials. Steak was cooked to perfections. Expect to spend, but worth it.Special Features:
- Del Friscos Grille is greathulikestoeatDined on 10/9/2014Love the original steakhouse, but this spot is more relaxed and equally delicious.Special Features:
- Good Experience Lively environmentGman07Dined on 10/7/2014Good food, lively bar area, will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice varied menuJenseatsVIPDined on 10/5/2014I dined with my sister for lunch on a Sunday. This is in Rockefeller Center which is why I noted 'scenic view'. We didn't check out the wine list but I'm sure it has some good choices. We ordered all apps so we could try a large variety of things. Loved the brussel sprout flat bread, corn chowder, cheesesteak eggrolls, and lemon cake. This was not my first time here. I'd return. The table next to use ordere a steakwhich looked amazing! This is a go-to place if we are in the RC area. Last but not least, our server was Alex, and she was fantastic. She was a definite plus to our dining experience, which was great because my sister had never been to RC before or this restaurant. Thanks DF!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceGrilleDined on 10/3/2014My friend and I had a phenomenal experience Friday night. The ambiance was cool and sexy, while also being warm and comfortable. Every person we came in contact with made us feel very welcome, and the filet was so tender and lean, AND juicy and flavorful. I will going back for the tuna tacos and the truffle mac and cheese...WOW! Kristen helped us get seated, Peter was our attentive waiter, Nick welcomed us at the front, and when I forgot my flowers and we came back to get them, the beautiful hostess ran and got them right away. The nutella bread pudding was RIDICULOUS! It was refreshing to have such great hospitality AND really good food. I will be back and I am telling my friends to go too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CandyDined on 10/3/2014the service was great!!! I thought the ambience was very loud....could barely hear the other people at my table. But the food and service was great!!Special Features:
- Great PlacejbeatsDined on 10/3/2014As always a great place to dine. The staff are friendly. The waiter was as good as they get. the desert is the best. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!NYCsnlDined on 9/27/2014With many choices in NYC to dine, I feel that i made the right choice dinning at Del Frisco's Grille. We had reservations and were seated right away. Everything from beginning to end was outstanding. It made for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food130Dined on 9/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Del Frisco Grill. The staff went out of their way to make a 10 year olds birthday very special. She loved the truffle Mac & Cheese, which arrived with 10 growing candles! All of us enjoyed the food, great combinations of flavors, and would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great location, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Friscos GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Great Spot... Nice people, wait staff very attentive, good food.Special Features:
- Best Steak I've Ever HadLaurenFDined on 9/22/2014Great spot in Rockefeller Center. Pricey so I would only go here for a special occasion but it was the best steak I've ever had. The truffle mac n cheese was delicious and the veal meatloaf also hit the spot. Good portions. The service was spectacular. Waiters Adrian and Lauren were great and the manager, Daniele, congratulated us on our engagement and treated us to champagne. It was a perfect evening and I'm still telling people about the great meal.Special Features:
- WaiterFtdocDined on 9/20/2014The waiter rushed our dinner! Before our salad was even finished the steaks were delivered by a rude staff member. "Do you want these?" Over priced and bad experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceVet270Dined on 9/19/2014Went with co-workers for lunch and had to wait 45 minutes for our entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak steak steak!rimigoDined on 9/18/2014Came here for the steak and, as usual, it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah-mazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014The food couldn't have been more incredible. Every bite was dilectible! Definitely recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Del Frisco's flat pancake.DisappointedDined on 9/14/2014We were a little disappointed when we arrived. The Grille was dimly lit and a little cold. There seemed to be no life in the place. Service was welcoming and efficient. The salads were ok, but the lettuce a little brown here and there, and the croutons less than crisp. Immediately we had finished the salads, our steaks arrived. It would have been nice to have been allowed a moment or two between courses. The meat was high quality and well cooked, but over-seasoned. Neither the mashed potato nor the spinach were particularly appetising. The disappointment came with the bill really. We knew we would be paying a good price for our Grille experience. We thought we paid much more than the experience warranted.
- Not up to its bigger cousin.halfitalianguyDined on 9/13/2014Booked Del Frisco's Grill because Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is my favorite steak place in NY. Had a table for 6. Sat at the bar for a drink and bartender was super. Got to the table and everything kind of changed. Service was indifferent at best, only offered one drink--waitress never came back to check on refills during a 1 and 1/2 hour meal! Others liked their steaks and seafood or were polite about saying they did. I had a dry, overcooked, lukewarm burger with cold fries. Sides were supposed to be shared but were skimpy at best. It was around 6:00 on a Friday evening and the place was not full, so not sure why the service was so flat. I won't be back.
- DaveDined on 8/31/2014We have always loved Del Frisco's Steakhouse. This was our first time to Del Frisco's Grille and we were not disappointed. The food and service were great.Special Features:
- Ask for AdrianMktngmvnDined on 8/28/2014We arrived as a party of four and requested a table outside for the kick off to Labor Day. Score! the hostesses were wonderful and oh so accommodating. Adrian, our waiter, took excellent care of us. We all indulged in the Triple Treat special... and, it was MAGNIFICENT. Adrian was wonderful and his back up staff was great. To have a wonderful team looking after us was appreciated. We will be back!Special Features:
- Server great but hostess rudeNewYorker86Dined on 8/22/2014We stopped in at 6 for an early dinner before a show. The restaurant was fairly empty, so when the hostess tried to seat us at a table in the middle of all the others we politely asked if we could have one on the end or corner. She rolled her eyes and walked back to the stand the check the available tables. Then came back and moved us over one seat. Literally there were tons of open tables and we had a reservation. Ticked me off and I almost walked out. However, luckily we had a friendly server and the food was tasty. We enjoyed our meal so that is why my scores are positive but did want to highlight the rude hostess. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Most of the food here is pretty good. The veggie burger is very underwhelming though. Portion and taste.Special Features:
- Luvjoy5OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Waiters and waitress were very professional . The manager came around, to introduce himself. He wanted to know, if the service was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The cheese steak eggrolls are to die for! The steak is great and the waiters are very attentative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This restaurant was the perfect place to celebrate my grandmothers 81st birthday. The food was great and the server was very aware of the menu offerings. I appreciated how everyone was very helpful to all the requests of my grandmother. The only thing that I did not like was the fish tacos. They were just not as flavorful as I have had at other places. For dessert the lemon cake was BOMB. I mean I need the recipe! Great server!Special Features:
- Awesome steakSBercDined on 8/15/2014Love this place! Every time that we go to the city we visit Del Frisco's. Great wine and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014A fantastic evening with 4 in their twenties, celebrating 2 birthdays, with me as the old guy drinking it in. I cannot compliment the service more. We have a wonderful time. The noise is loud, but even I with a hearing aid, survived.Special Features:
- Excellent!! given its touristy locLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Met all the expections of an upscale steakhouse "grille" (ambiance, food, & service) however desserts could use improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodHedgemunkey949Dined on 8/13/2014Very good steaks..excellent service and vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerfamilyfunDined on 8/12/2014Had an early dinner with 5 adults and 5 children before a show on Broadway. Waiter was very accommodating with food for the young ones and made sure we were finished in time for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easterbunDined on 8/10/2014We wanted to dine in the Rockefeller Center area and found Del Frisco's Grille on an internet search. The food was very good and the chef came out to personally ask if our steaks were prepared to order. There were not a lot of tables dining at the time we were there (a Sunday evening around 7 pm) so I thought the service could have been much better. The lighting is very dim in the restaurant so although the ambience is nice, it's really "dark." Given the ala carte prices and our overall bill in excess of $400 for 4 people (2 non drinkers), I would have expected more. We sat inside but they have outdoor dining as well.Special Features:
- So good!dayyyyDined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing experience at Del Frisco's! We had a reservation and got there early and they sat us right away! The drinks were strong and delicious. We ordered the cheesesteak egg rolls for appetizer and they were mind blowing. Dinner was amazing as well, I definitely recommend ordering your steak oscar style! It was right in Rockefeller plaza and so easy to find and walkable distance from the theater district which we were coming from. We had a great experience and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love NYC DiningWaltyDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed the food and location. Thought the food was better at the Burlington, MA location but can't beat the Rockefeller Center location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awful!!AngelaDined on 8/8/2014I ordered the steakhouse salad which I believed to be a pretty safe option given the reputable steakhouse brand. It was the most disgusting salad I've ever had. The steak had absolutely no flavor and the lettuce was so drenched in salad dressing that my dinner companion asked me if the lettuce was old, given the wilted disposition. Our waitress came by and asked how we liked our food, to which I responded with my displeasure albeit in a very polite tone. Instead of taking the hint, she just looked at me and pretended not to hear me. Most high-end restaurant staff would have offered an alternative or comped the item but no, she took my salad away (from which I'd only taken 4 or 5 bites from max) and brought the full bill. Never again!